Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2014 9:06 AM
Mar 2014
I really wanted Tsugumi to pick Meme, but this episode showed us how strong her soul resonance is with Anya... it's probably gonna be Tsugumi and Anya tbh
Jun 20, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
heavens-reaper said:
I really wanted Tsugumi to pick Meme, but this episode showed us how strong her soul resonance is with Anya... it's probably gonna be Tsugumi and Anya tbh

idk i think anya needs tsugumi more than meme does
with meme's personality she can get a partner pretty easily
[right]
Jun 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode still usable, beautiful youth, but adults are much more pragmatic.
Synopsis nothing brilliant, but linear; OK! Narration nice, not excellent, oh well.
Drawings and animations good, discrete scenarios, I agree with whoever said that the OST has proved to be epic, I really liked it too.
Jun 23, 2014 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Something really confuses me about the timeline of this show relative to the original series...

You mean manga or anime ?

ShaddyJun 23, 2014 9:22 AM
Jun 23, 2014 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
Shaddy said:
Botato said:
Something really confuses me about the timeline of this show relative to the original series...

You mean manga or anime ?

Meh it doesn't matter now actually, someone already said that it's a spin off and not a prequel in the literal sense, so it's ok for those inconsistencies to be there.
Jun 23, 2014 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
AzuStar said:
1. because a Witch w/o magic can't fight, as soon as they get Meme on their side, its gonna be a halberd and two Physically super trained girls against a witch that can't use magic.

2. some people just have different resonance, meaning their resonance can accomplish different things at different time compared to Soul/Maka. Soul has had his blade since before he even had a partner, yet this Halberd has two and she doesn't have one

3. by solution i guess you mean reason. even though they stated they wanted to save Meme first and foremost, they most likely care about everyone else. '

i mean if Maka's mother was in imminent danger, i would expect that to be Maka's top priority.

1) Witches most certainly CAN fight without magic. We've already seen Shaula use a normal weapon --a bow and arrow-- when she shot at Sid and shes a damned Gorgon sister. For all we know, she could have magic lifeforms unrelated to her Soul Protect similar to Medusa's Light Serpent. And even IF she should be put at a disadvantage, she can always remove the Soul Protect and show the trio what it truly means to face a Witch, let alone a Gorgon sister, and respell her Soul Protect after, well before Shibusen can get to her.

2) Youre dead-on with this one. Honestly, weve never even seen what happens when a Weapon resonates souls with a different Meister. For example, Im aware that weve never seen Maka's mother but I highly doubt she could use the Experimental Ectoplasm that Stein and Spirit used in episode 8. So Tsugumi/Anya's Soul Resonance could merely be a flying halberd and Tsugumi/Meme's Soul Resonance could be an offensive one.
Demilak said:
Now for something that is entirely unrelated to why a witch can dispatch of the lowest tier not-even-agents from the DWMA.

Why is Tsugumi's soul purple? Do weapons have the same colored souls as witches? But even then in Soul Eater when characters would Soul Resonate both of their souls were shown as blue.

Incorrect. Witch souls are indeed that purple but their souls, or at least the single one weve seen --Arachne's--, also take on the shape of the Witch's characteristics with Arachne's being similar to a spider. And about non-Witch souls being blue, each team --Maka and Soul, Tsubaki and Black★Star, Kid and Liz and Patty-- all had different colored souls. Maka and Soul had blue souls, Tsubaki and Black★Star had yellow souls, and Kid and Liz and Patty had pink souls. Of course, the colors mean nothing in the universe but they were undeniably different colors in the anime.
Jun 24, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
Anya flying looks cute. ^^ and its funny. =D
too bad, next episode will be last one. was a nice and calm show with awseome op and ed (i enjoyed them every time).
Jun 25, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
See THAT'S how you build up your final battle: kick ass music, epic speech by the bad guy, everyone's fighting, only a slight glimmer of hope.

Fantastic voice acting by Shaula's voice actress. The "nobody will sleep" line was fantastic.
And the music was perfect.
Jun 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
I wanna see when Tsugumi in Halberd form gets a real blade like Soul's scythe this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2012
no one can stop the power of moe
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 26, 2014 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
The final arc is honestly what saved the series for me ... that and the moe. Especially Meme's moe, despite her being one of my least favorite characters, since dat oppai, damn. I wish there had been more fighting, but then, it is quite pointedly the non-fighting curriculum.

I hope that Tsugumi becoming able to do Soul Resonance means that she also has the ability to form a blade. At the time she was just trying to do wings, but that means that she can modify herself enough that she should be able to cut. And Anya has shown herself to be a Hidden Badass herself, so I'm interested in seeing how the two of them manage to fight a totally enslaved Meme-san (Friendship-no-jutsu I suspect, and Stein's drug) and a witch who seems pretty badass in and of herself. And at this point she might have caused enough chaos in the streets that she can actually take down her Soul Protect once Meme gets free. Maybe we'll see a three-way soul resonance? We've seen it with a meister with two weapons, but how would it work with two meisters? Splitting herself into two weapons, maybe? A giant halberd that requires two people to wield? :P

Waiting for the 12th episode to sub ... and of course I just find out that they're taking a week off to air the final episode. Bastards :P
Blind_GuardianJun 26, 2014 8:33 AM
Jun 27, 2014 6:02 PM
Aug 2011
The art really has taken a nosedive.

I don't dislike this series but Meme being in peril and the one needing saving = either:
1. zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

and/or

2. I don't give a shit.
Jun 27, 2014 8:36 PM

Dec 2012
Stein made the episode for me. He's such a troller XD
Jun 29, 2014 1:39 AM

Sep 2013
Naked Anya next ep, 10/10
Aug 14, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2014
Loved it when Stein pulled out all those extra antidotes out. He never stops trolling xD
Sep 9, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
haha I love the Thompson sisters
stein ftw XD
good episode!!
[/quote]
Sep 13, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2009
This anime is too predictable

in the words of the grate Keima Katsuragi

Nov 22, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2012
Nice buildup to the last episode, let's see what will happen in the last episode!
May 16, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2014
I kinda hope she chooses Anya, but she's probably going to end up choosing both of them. I'm just guessing though. I really doubt she'll end up choosing one and not the other after all that.

Stein is such a troll xD I love Stein xD

Naigus looks so pretty without all those bandages she wears in the original series!

Yay Liz and Patty!! And I wish I had a boss who was that chill if I said I was borrowing his scooter. xD
Mar 23, 2016 4:28 PM
Mar 2016
I loved the series so far, but when things started getting serious this got like 10x times better got me to the unique felling original Soul Eater brings, when Stein not crazy hes such a funny troll lol, seeing everyone fighthing/helping was cool, specially Liz and Patty , its so funny seeing their old personalities before they changed thanks to Kid charisma, the music awesome and Yuri makes everything better, damn Atsushi õkubo, why u soo good?!.
I thinked a bit about it, maybe its not only because Tsugumi soul is "utility" while Soul one is "ofensive". I you think about it, even if they share the BEST partnership/relationship and soul ressonance in the series, both Soul and Maka have some pretty deep psychological, emotional and spiritual problems(specially Soul with a hard inferioty complex towards his brother) also the black blood does not help it :\, Tsugumi and Anya(i love these two together) don't have these internal conflicts, this lets both share a strong bond wich got even stronger because of Meme, this allowed them to use such a technique, but even then, they are still unexperienced, wich is why they don't have even 1/3 the speed, agility and flying technique Maka and Soul have after so much trouble getting it.
I can't help but love Shaula, she's so cool, i din't care about Arachne much and deeply hated/cursed Medusa to the bones until the very end for what she did to Chrona, but Shaula, i just loved her design, the clothes, the unique eyes, that damn hair <3 and her lines, she got the good stuff from both Medusa and Arachne, its just a shame she got little time-screen, hope last episode(hurt to say this T-T) give her some more character and will be sad if she does not make up for it, after all she's a Gorgon sister, seeing how Medusa kinda kicked Stein and Spirt asses and only lost because of a second of distraction i don't think Tsugumi, Anya(who got outmatched by Shaula via Meme) and Meme can take on her, even if i love this series i will find it a serious BS if she gets beater by them, Anya its not even Akane level, let alone Stein who got pretty much beaten, trough this is assuming Shaula is Medusa/Arache level, even if she is like 800 years she looks REALLY young, way more younger than Medusa, like 17/18 years, if she's the youngest one maybe Tsugumi team have a chance without EAT or other Shibusen members help.
I dont think Tsugumi and Anya going after Meme selfish, why would it be?Maka is no different when the subject is Chrona, actually this kinda is almost the same of when Maka gone after Chrona. First of all, Stein himself said it was only experimental, so why not gave it to Tsugumi and let her test on Meme?its no different than letting Naigus use it on the random guys. Second:Random guys are there and here and can be easily outmatched by EAT class and took into custody until antidode its provided, Meme its literally at the side of the witch herself, get it? Meme being right in side of the final boss seems like a good reason to be priority.
Anya storyline its not much hard to tell, commom princess who got tired of boring rich life, no need to show us the obvious(still a lovely character and most favored partner for Tsugumi), now im really curious about Meme past.
Nov 12, 2018 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
I am not sure why but I really hate it when Tsugumi and Anya are being so confident thinking that they can stop a WITCH! What can they do against a witch?

WTF? Their soul resonance made Tsugumi's halberd turn into a flying halberd?! What is this!?!?!?

Lol, Stein as always, that tease on the 2 girls and the little prank he pulled on Naigus!
Apr 30, 2019 6:04 AM

Dec 2018
A flying halberd huh? Yeah ofc they're a trio prodigy afterall, it's no wonder they can do it easily, I don't get it and don't wanna know how they get all that powerup anymore. Tbh the original series anime is the same at the last arc, too many unexplained powerup, so I guess both show share the same trait.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 3, 2019 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yay Tsumugi and Anya are here to save Meme, seems like the show is at its climax, I wonder how it will ends
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Nov 2010
I think Tsubaki looks cuter and sexier here than in the main show.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.