Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 17, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2011
hkrrofl said:
@straggy
Well, thats really interesting that someone can have different viewpoint about all of this, and while I can easily see where you are coming from with that reasoning, I just can't personally agree with all what you've said here. Reason being I think there is much more depth to this whole situation in terms of feelings and emotions so while you take some of the that into consideration, I think you really missing out on other points.
Firstly as u said that he forced himself into Fujimiya's life without any reason, and it may look like that on the surface, I mean u could totally interpret this as an utter selfishness, but thats just a single part of it. Love in itself doesn't need a reason, for me thats the beauty of this situation if u look at what follows.
Hase accepted Karoi the person she was despite her cold attitude at first, and look, while u wrote that the most people would turn around and thought of her as a coldhearted mean shut-in, just because he did not, whole plot could develop the way it did. I mean that in totally positive sense. He really helped her, u definitely can't deny that, she gained real motivation to keep on living and trying to remember things. Because she really felt happiness that otherwise would not be accessible, she made friends, she fell in love. That in itself is more than enough to 'justify' the selfishness(otherwise called love :)) that Hase as u wrote 'forced' on her.
About the other situation u mentioned as a proof of your conviction that Hase-kun is not really being good guy here. (That one really caught my eye, and made me wrote this) When Kaori memories got totally reset after her confrontation with Hajime. That was really unprecedented situation and one really hard to foresee(from technical point of view it was more than sure, that some kind of hard drama will kick at the end, but I am talking from more of a character point of view, as I am going to justify his actions in a second) So what happened after Kaori woke up, was a really hard blow for Hase, after all he did for her and after so much character development happened(so much for a innocent slice of life anime as it is) So it was only natural reaction for him to feel very sorrowful, frustrated and letdown at the same time. We are talking here about spontaneous emotional reaction, u can't really expect very much rational and mulled over approach. Especially with Hase being the character he is. So in that single inescapable moment when all that feelings got to him, it was the only irrational and sort of last (false) hope reaction that he reached for her - just as u are defending yourself with last resort where no other logic works because u really don't want to feel that terrible sadness being rejected afterwards, especially from the person u care for the most. For me that was one of the most touching moments in the series, essence of drama.
As for the mother I can agree with you mostly, and thats really good rational point u made there. I kind of thought it the same way. Though for me thats the part when kinda suspension of disbelief kicks in, and I can close an eye to this one(Sorry if that sound too ignorant or something).
On Hajime I agree with what you are saying, for me he is just different type of character, I can totally see his actions being reasonable according to the knowledge of situation that he has. That said, I am more of a emotional viewer, so I get easily flustered, and I kinda feel for Hase-kun in that respect. Honestly, I really like this show, that lighthearted(but can hit hard at times) drama concept works very well for me, as I tend to go with feelings and suspension of disbelief more often. Really interesting to read different opinion though, thanks for that as it got me thinking :>

I have to agree with what you wrote to straggy because if you didn't I for sure would have. Sometimes I don't get why people hate on Hase so much, I mean sure he's different from the other characters in anime, but to be honest, he's my favorite character in the whole series. While I indeed admit that Hase comes off as a little to strong, you have to understand that he's a human being as well. For example, on episode 4 when he told Kaori to stop talking about Shougo was totally understandable, any person would be annoyed if the person they like starts talking about their best friend or some other person, even regarding the circumstances Kaori is in with her memory.
Jul 27, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2012
Such a sad and gloomy atmosphere hanging around this episode :/ damn I really hope she'll get all her memories back in the end and with only two episodes left I really wonder what will happen next!
Aug 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
Kujo is probably a nice guy who felt betrayed after Fujimiya had forgotten about him from the trauma. That would be my guess so far.
Aug 15, 2014 10:29 AM

May 2014
More Shogo x Saki moments thank you very much AND HE WAS BLUSHING AFSDKNFIUHJ

Hase do your best!! I think Hajime acted like that because he really liked Fujimiya
RooringaaruJul 10, 2015 11:42 AM

"是不為也,非不能也"
𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉
Sep 6, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
Shogo's blushing FTW. Saki x Shougo !!
Poor Hase, I was crying when the flashbacks appeared
Sep 9, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Kujo should just go for Kaori since Hase is too wimpy to even accept his own feelings... grow a pair fucking bastard. I'm not saying he should tell everyone about his true feelings but at least don't deny it when it''s too fucking obvious. Shougo X Saki all the way!
Sep 17, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2007
I've been anticipating Shougo x Saki for a while now. I think they make a cute couple, ehehehe.

Nov 2, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
Saki and Shougo-cute :3
And I really feel you Hase...
I'm so hyped up for the end !
Apr 15, 2015 5:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I want the innocent angelic Kaori back.

Honestly, not sure what to think of Kujo. He seems like he cares somewhat, but then he just tells Hase that he's just pretending. Those 6th grade girls who are now grown up, scums. Bullying Kaori

Saki's blunt conversation with Shogo, hilarious yet sweet. If Kaori x Hase doesn't happen then I'd be happy with a Saki x Shogo pair up. She also has that innocent aura that makes her just as sweet as Kaori.

May 9, 2015 10:12 AM
Feb 2015
Despite how bitter that Kujo guy was, I can't help but think there is some truth in what he said (although I don't want that to be true :P)
Sad that Hase may have to start all over again(if she never recalls it)..Hope it dosen't come to that.

Lycan said:
I've been anticipating Shougo x Saki for a while now. I think they make a cute couple, ehehehe.

Ikr xD
Sep 16, 2015 7:09 AM
Dec 2009
I'm glad we finally got some more information about what happened to Fujimiya that caused all this memory loss confusion in the first place! I have been looking forward to this.

Shogo and Saki... I find Saki's level of forgetfulness to be really over the top, but I like seeing Shogo get all blushy and looking happy. Can't wait to see what happens with them!
Feb 22, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2014
It got sad... that's sad.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Mar 27, 2016 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
Shougo blushing was so adorable <3
Jun 4, 2017 3:57 AM
Jul 2018
Kujo you SOB ...

Shougo x Saki was cute
Dec 31, 2018 3:10 PM
Apr 2016
THAT was a very intense episode... Damn it had me intimidated.... Well, REALLY good episode!
Apr 22, 2019 4:40 PM
Mar 2018
Man, i feel so bad for Hase. All the progress, hard work and happy memories they made is now lost and that must break his heart in such a way :(
Nov 11, 2019 6:10 AM

Feb 2019
It was a bit unpleasant to watch this episode. The distance between Kaori and Hase mostly... it was really sad to see. It seems Kaori's growing feelings for Hase got erased because her memories were erased too.

Hase crying really hit hard. It was so sad to see and we're seeing the effects of that one-week memory in action here, how it hurts to have those shared memories be forgotten. That "18" memory that was special to both of them. That was really sad.

I hate Kujo honestly.

Two episodes left. I hope they resolve this and get closer than before.

That moment between Saki and Shogo though, did Saki just say that Shogo was husband material? Lol, ship them.
Feb 22, 2020 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
Damn i released a huge sigh when our MC finally told the invader guy about amnesia thing.
I was like, WHY DON'T SOMEBODY TELL HIM WHY SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER?!
May 31, 2021 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
Kaori and that boy learnt poetry together in the past?.. Seems like they were close then.. Well, or maybe shared some club together, who knows..
Hm.. Kiryuu and Saki get lots of marriage teases.. ;P
Well, nice to see more confident Hase in the end..
Jul 26, 2021 3:14 PM

Mar 2021
Episode 10 " Friends and friends"
Kujou: you like her?
Hase: denies*
Kujou: I'm gonna wreck this guy's whole Career
Hase: Bro wtf
Kujou: JK
xD
Hase why are jumping in conclusion again did you got reset too. Saki: "they had that Lovey dovey aura..." I see what you did there Saki noice.
Saki: "Kiryuu and I could be Family" THE SHIP IS SAILINGGG!! dom joined the chat*
Dom: Did someone say Family?!
Kiryuu you Blushin heheee fvck this is so cutee. Why is that Kujou saying smthng he don't even know like "Maybe she's lying" "you and her are just playing "friends". You'll know smthng genuine by their expression and how they acted last time and they were friends for like 6 months, I know that you'll think that too first but you should not jump in conclusion too what are you Hase lol
Dec 29, 2022 2:46 PM

May 2015
Feels sad for Kaori, I want to know what happened to her.
Jun 16, 2023 3:00 AM

May 2020
I Feel sad for hase thinking that even after all he did, she's still can't beat the trauma.
Also What was that between kiryuu and saki? That's wayyyy to cute,UOGGGHH😭
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Dec 2022
If someone made me lose all my progress on something, I'd be so angry that I'd beat the shit out of them. So now If I was Hase-kun I'd beat the shit out of that guy but Kaori wouldn't want that.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.