Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 28, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
Tsukimito damn what a robot monster.

Jun 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoyed the little flashback. Explained a lot about Smile and Peco's characters.
Jun 25, 2015 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
Im speechless.
Jan 8, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2012
The bond and backstory with Peco and Smile is amazing. This show never misses a beat, it manages to develop its characters and narrative in such a short amount of time that other series can only dream of. The quality is on another level.

Shame on me for not picking this up while it was airing(i thought people calling it AOTS as a meme). I picked it up on whim while listening to some of its tracks by random. It thinks its time for me to evaluate more anime on my own seriously since i almost missed this masterpiece(i dont pay attention to rankings on this site).
Mar 25, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
I shedded tears during Peco's speech. Now this is what you call character development.

The hero appears. The hero appears. The hero appears.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 28, 2016 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
Peco the Hero huh? I hope he doesn't hurt his knee :(
Jul 6, 2016 10:09 PM

Feb 2015
IMSadBiscuit said:
I shedded tears during Peco's speech. Now this is what you call character development.

i just smiled stupidly.
-----
haha, the guy in the beginning, still searching his meaning in life :P

i knew smile looked up to peco, but no way i would have guessed how he came to do it! so that's why peco called him smile. that's why smile doesn't care that he calls him that. he looked so freaking happy with that trophy in his hands.

he knew that he had hurt smile when he left, and he's not about to do it again, even if it means killing his future. that isn't "the power of friendship", that's true broship right there.

this isn't about sports and how people feel for them. it's about how much the people care for each other because of the sport.
TomDayJul 6, 2016 10:15 PM
Feb 5, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
Awwww.. Smile is smiling eh

Aishiteruze Peco!
"Signature removed"
May 5, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2016
China might've not won, but he's definitely Team Captain of the Year~

An unexpected reunion at the can. Ryuuichi twisted his own words. He's a sly one...
Akuma's ?sister? was kinda annoying.

Short flashbacks and the two Katase fighters reaching the semi-finals. The Peco hype is real~ Enter the Hero!

Jul 29, 2017 2:52 AM

Dec 2016
Peco vs Dragon is gonna be crazy intense! Also, I can't wait to, hopefully, see Smile... smile
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 27, 2017 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
I hope Peco's knee is really okay/not permanently damaged...would suck if he got a crippling injury just as he got back into ping pong. The fact that Peco's still playing just for Smile...that's sweet, but incredibly stupid.

"He's brutal and merciless...that's the Smile monster's real gift." He certainly doesn't look like it...guess that's part of what makes his attack so strong.

Wow, that one guy's girlfriend had a really annoying voice...dunno if the dub made it worse or not. Jesus.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 13, 2018 4:36 PM

Jul 2017
Damn that ending with Peco talking about how smile is waiting for him and how Smile got his nickname was amazing.
Jan 31, 2018 12:01 PM

May 2014
Another good ep. Loved it. Poor Kong, it was very emotional for him. I think his developement is the greatest in this show. In only 1 year in Japan his personality have changed drastically. It feels like he has become another person. Praising someone for his talent after loosing without having any grudge is something huge.

The relationship between Peco and Smile is really good. They have been great friends from the childhood. Now that Peco have injured his leg and is in his 2nd final match, I wonder if they are going to put Smile in the same dilemma the old man coach were when he was in the final round. Because that's gonna be a bit of the same. I know he heard his coach story, but it would be better if he won against Peco or just played against Kazama instead. I hope that's what is going to happened.

What I more curious about is that travel guy dude. I mean he have traveled the whole world, after probably loosing a match. Maybe he played for Kaio or maybe another school. But still I want to see his relationship with the characters presented or what his role is in this series and how it's connected. Cause I am really confused and I think he is even more confused and lost.

So, Kazama vs. Peco in the next ep. This is gonna be an interesting match. I wonder if he is gonna make it with an injured leg. Personally I hope Kazama wins so they don't put Smile in the same dilemma as his coach. ^^
mangalicker94Jan 31, 2018 12:05 PM
Jan 31, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2014
Toaki90 said:
flashback in K.I.S.S format done right (keep it short and simple)
awesome episode as always

That peco speech about his friendship didn't feel gay at all
unlike most shonen

Yep, not like Naruto were they are many ep. long. 😂😂😂
Jan 31, 2018 12:09 PM

May 2014
Jinkuro said:

Thanks for the link, really interesting.

Cool. Never thought about angles and the meanings they can have. You gave me some extra thoughts and insight. Tnx pal! :D
Oct 21, 2019 6:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Peco is really determined.
I'm looking forward so much to Peco vs Smile
Dec 11, 2019 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
I never really got the whole "" 'I have a bad injury but i have to play this match no matter what even if my whole life carrer ends'"".... I just usually went with it in sports animes but its also slightly annoying... maybe someone could try to explain it to me in words by replying but words sometimes won't be enough to convey emotions and view points.

It was interesting how that traveling guy came back, it was nice. And the dark inner monologue he had with tv reporter was interesting to.

weird how this show isn't more popular or mainstream. But I guess it makes sense, since it doesn't have that 'main stream' show vibe either. Especially cause of its art style which I didn't like much when i just glimpsed at it quickly to but now i like it sort of a lot.
Mar 10, 2020 3:09 PM

May 2018
I hope that Peco's knee doesn't break in the match against smile
Apr 4, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
CatSoul said:
Wow, that one guy's girlfriend had a really annoying voice...dunno if the dub made it worse or not. Jesus.

it was crazy annoying subbed as well lmao. sad there aren't more likeable female characters, there's really just the old lady

mike12414 said:
I never really got the whole "" 'I have a bad injury but i have to play this match no matter what even if my whole life carrer ends'"".... I just usually went with it in sports animes but its also slightly annoying...

i agree it doesn't make much sense to me lol. i didn't realize it was a sports anime trope though, that makes more sense
Apr 21, 2020 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
Another spectacular episode. The character development was shooting through the roof for everyone this time.

Onto the semi finals!
Sep 4, 2020 6:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am smiled. There were so much changed. Even the last scene was so touchable. That was the real deal about a great development. They linked each other into a harmony. At the end, it just so smooth and really feels good at my heart. Yeah, the show must come to an end. Eventhough i shall knew where that plot ended, but let see it until the real end. The true meaning of a boy with his hero. Sounds good, right?

Meanwhile, look at our others side characters. They just had their own good progressed too. The past balded Akuma now had a funny hair style. Its good to seeing him had a good term of his life. Even he had a girlfriend too! My Kenjirou char still weird af at the beginning. Its never easy to found out a true self, eh? I am glad he decided to came back. Because why not? The chinese dude still lamenting his shocking lost. Dude, just move on! While Kaiou members finally lost their best hitter that only leaving dragon alone. Now, now, while in the final, Smile waiting his hero in a full hope. Could Peco realized his dream? The situations became more complex with his minus. Oh, well, lets see the next, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 12, 2021 6:33 PM

May 2020
AWESOMEEE! I loved this episode a lot
Mar 8, 2021 7:20 AM

Mar 2018
It's so nice to see this anime capture the different ways one can be driven, not only in sports, but in life.

Some people want to be the best, some just want to do what they love, some for their family, and some for their heroes. Often more than not, these goals intertwine or change as we go on.

Jun 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Apr 2018
Peco the hero, my all time favorite character in Ping Pong. He's a legend, but I don''t think he'll be able to win the next match against him. Seems like it will be one hell of an intesive match. The OST once again, is fucking beautiful. Tsukimoto the robot, smile or genius beats everyone without breaking a sweat. Nice episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 24, 2021 9:13 AM
Apr 2021
Pretty good episode. Poor Kong he is just not that guy, getting shit on by everyone.
Mar 23, 2022 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
We all need friends like peco
Apr 3, 2022 3:32 AM
Aug 2021
Holy crap Peco you've earned my respect. The scene where he's resolved to go and play even with that injury so that he can return Tsukimoto's smile is so powerful.

Kazama gave two different replies for whom he was playing table tennis for. Does he really not know the answer?
Jun 20, 2022 6:03 PM

Dec 2021
took me a while to truly understand Demon and Dragon convo in the bathroom

Demon wanted to play ping pong ,, because he wanted to be like Peco
he later joined Posiedon because he wanted to be strong like Dragon

Dragon goes so hard because he wants to be better than his father and clear his family's name

technically neither were playing for themselves ,, but playing to be like and/or please other people

Demon's retired now ... so he can relate to what Dragon is going thru .. he's holed up in that bathroom because he's not playing for himself, his team, or his passion ..

basically , he's stuck in a position where he has to defend his #1 status because that's all he has to his family name

"I'm gonna go cry a bit."
Jul 11, 2022 2:03 AM

Dec 2010
Man, I can't watch this. Why does Peco have to wreck his knee just so he can give his friend a good game?
Aug 24, 2022 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
The hype is fucking insane. Man this is a great show. I still wonder how they're able to develop characters and give them an exceptional amount of depth in an 11 episode show. Amazing. Can't wait for the last 2 episodes.

Jan 14, 2023 4:14 AM

Oct 2018
Those last 2-3 mins of this episode, OMG 10/10, I finally understand why this anime is so beloved. This show has just been getting better and better with each passing episode after the lull in the 2nd episode. It feels like everything that was present in it for the early episodes are finally coming together so seamlessly and all these, when we still haven't got a Eun-young Choi or a Yuasa episode yet. Unreal HYPE. 
Feb 9, 2023 1:22 AM

Jul 2014
I just wanna say this and see if my prediction will be right. I think Tsukimoto gonna lose to Hoshino because of Hoshino's injured knee and they gonna repeat that same thing that happened with Koizumi and his friend
Mar 16, 2023 9:23 AM

Dec 2020
Peco's speech was great

I think Peco will beat Kazama so I just hope Smile doesn't throw away the game for Peco. 
Sep 20, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2018
BEAUTIFUL!! GO GET HIM PECO
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

396 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Apr 20, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

164 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Apr 20, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

voidbreaker - Dec 7, 2015

7 by peterross »»
Mar 15, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

160 by Chfenj_ »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Ping Pong The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

140 by SHS13 »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.