Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 4, 2014 12:28 PM

Jun 2011
So Snk has these biosheets at the beginning of every manga, and whenever a character dies, their picture is show in the following volume with an X over their face.

Then, in the volume after that, their picture is taken out entirely.

But Marco keeps showing up in each manga.

Taken from Tumblr.

[url]http://shingeki-on-kyojin.tumblr.com/post/87299513009/okay-why-has-no-one-mentioned-this-yet[/url]

/discuss
Jun 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Macro still alive theory is watching us all.
Jun 4, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
Marco is dead people, You just have to accept it.
Jun 4, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
Are we still going on about Marco
Jun 8, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
If Marco is alive, Jean will is alive so i'm on this theory. Makes sense though cause it can't be an error.
skittle316Jun 8, 2014 9:50 AM
Jun 14, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
It is interesting that he keeps appearing, but maybe they just decided to do things half way.

But I do believe his death is significant in some way. There's a lot of mystery in how he died, and his death became important when Annie was carrying around his gear, making me curious to what really happened.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jun 16, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
Ya know, on one hand, I still find that Marco's face was entirely unrecognizable and so it still surprises me that Jean could determine the body was Marco's. On the other hand though, its pretty goddamn impossible to come across a friends body and not recognize him. So it could be either right now, but the fact remains that Jean still recognized him so until Isayama confirms some sort of body-duplicating ability, Im calling it as a publication error that he continues to appear.
Jun 19, 2014 10:14 AM
May 2013
His death remains a mystery; while other characters' deaths are "clean". So even though Marco's not alive, his name might still be revisited in the story in the future.
Jun 19, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
ponr said:
His death remains a mystery; while other characters' deaths are "clean". So even though Marco's not alive, his name might still be revisited in the story in the future.

Maybe it wasn't Annie that killed him??
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
marco is the mega ultra titan of ultimate meganess
an egomaniac and a fool

Jun 19, 2014 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:
ponr said:

Oh shit wait what the fuck? I just realized: WHY did, supposedly, Annie kill those Titans anyway??????
Jun 20, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
Old_Raven said:
GodlyKyon said:

Oh shit wait what the fuck? I just realized: WHY did, supposedly, Annie kill those Titans anyway??????

If you're talking about Sonny & Bean, it was to stop Hange and co. from learning more about the titans.
Jun 22, 2014 5:02 AM
Jun 2014
The more I think about it, the more I think Marco is alive. I remember hearing someone point out how he lies during the trainings - after eren asks him why he leaves the cardboard titans he finds (and points out he's usually first to find them), he says that he is the slowest so he should be used as bait, after which eren calls him a "natural born leader." Plus he and Annie both wanted to join the Military Police (which are turning out to be scumbags tbh). Aaaand Annie doesn't ever tell Armin how she got Marco's equipment, if she killed him or if she just grabbed it off his dead body I feel like she would've said that. And there is a manga panel where he is with the BRA crew. Something fishy is going on tbh.

edit: first post
Jul 20, 2014 3:17 AM

Jun 2011
jreginald said:
Old_Raven said:

If you're talking about Sonny & Bean, it was to stop Hange and co. from learning more about the titans.

But honestly, she risked so much by doing it. I hope wonder if there was another reason?

Emnay said:
marco is the mega ultra titan of ultimate meganess

What if he's the one behind it all/ the messenger o_O

kobecryant said:
The more I think about it, the more I think Marco is alive. I remember hearing someone point out how he lies during the trainings - after eren asks him why he leaves the cardboard titans he finds (and points out he's usually first to find them), he says that he is the slowest so he should be used as bait, after which eren calls him a "natural born leader." Plus he and Annie both wanted to join the Military Police (which are turning out to be scumbags tbh). Aaaand Annie doesn't ever tell Armin how she got Marco's equipment, if she killed him or if she just grabbed it off his dead body I feel like she would've said that. And there is a manga panel where he is with the BRA crew. Something fishy is going on tbh.

edit: first post

I found the cardboard training bit to be rather fishy too.
You know I just assumed Annie had randomly picked Marco's equipment, but now that you mention it, it's odd that she picked Marco's.
Jul 21, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
There is something about Marco's death that I cannot understand.
I reread more time those chapters but I can't find any serious answer.

As far as we know after every mission all the 3DMG are inspected, repaired and perhaps sealed.
Every soldier is supposed to have just one 3DMG an he wold become very suspicious if he would bring two 3DMG to inspection.
Marco's one has been brought to the inspection by Annie, so that she's able to pass without risk the extra inspectio after the titans,s death.
That means that Annie used his own 3DMG to kill the titanes.
Why did she do it?
Wasn't it quite easier to kill Titanes with Marco's 3DMG and going on using her old 3DMG? Nobody would ever suspect her, not even Armin.

And then when did she take Marco's 3DMG? Before he died, surely, he was cut in two by a titan, his gear would have been destroyed otherway.

Did they give her his own gear willingly, perhaps to follow some strange plans. Was he an allied of RAB?
Jul 22, 2014 8:39 PM
Feb 2010
I think it's just because he's still relevant to the story as a part of Jean's motivation and a member of the 104th.
May 3, 2015 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
ryoko74 said:
There is something about Marco's death that I cannot understand.
I reread more time those chapters but I can't find any serious answer.

As far as we know after every mission all the 3DMG are inspected, repaired and perhaps sealed.
Every soldier is supposed to have just one 3DMG an he wold become very suspicious if he would bring two 3DMG to inspection.
Marco's one has been brought to the inspection by Annie, so that she's able to pass without risk the extra inspectio after the titans,s death.
That means that Annie used his own 3DMG to kill the titanes.
Why did she do it?
Wasn't it quite easier to kill Titanes with Marco's 3DMG and going on using her old 3DMG? Nobody would ever suspect her, not even Armin.

And then when did she take Marco's 3DMG? Before he died, surely, he was cut in two by a titan, his gear would have been destroyed otherway.

Did they give her his own gear willingly, perhaps to follow some strange plans. Was he an allied of RAB?

Good point.
May 3, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
Isayama himself said that he kill Marco earlier than plan because he was so boring.
May 21, 2015 11:08 PM

Sep 2010
Looks like a publication error, but these are some interesting theories.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.