Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2021 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
This show was pure unadulterated Super Robot Action in all its glory. Crazy Story, characters and ending. I simply couldn't have asked for more.
Jun 2, 2022 5:43 PM

Mar 2013
This was a truly badass show and an excellent entry point for someone unfamiliar with MZ like me. However, leaving it on a cliffhanger like that and not continuing it was really dumb and it only results in more people ignoring shows like these.

I'm glad I already watched Infinity and Mazinkaiser. Now I'll go to Shin Zero's manga. I it had a proper conclusion it'd have been an easy 10/10, but the ending lowers it to an 8/10.
Oct 23, 2022 3:38 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
It can't end like this!

Makes me wonder if the show was originally planned to have a sequel that was axed due to disappointing ratings.

Overall a very good 21st century retelling of Mazinger (although I still prefer the Mazinkaiser OVA overall), just a let down that it doesn't have a proper ending.

This was totally the Baron Ashura show btw. The character has never been quite this epic before. Well done.
Beep boop
Dec 9, 2022 1:20 AM

Nov 2013
JaceyFox said:
It can't end like this!

Makes me wonder if the show was originally planned to have a sequel that was axed due to disappointing ratings.

It has a continuation actually - simply rewatch the first two episodes after the finale and the conclusion should reveal itself to you.

Rei_III said:

- 26eps, with half one being a summary and the first one being a preview videoclip, and yet they were able to end the series with no resolution?!
Same reply as above, the first episode isn't a preview, it's a direct continuation of episode 26.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 4, 7:36 AM

Mar 2022
Same director as Giant Robo... not too surprised by the cliffhanger
Apr 11, 11:33 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to CheungCrygor8818
Same director as Giant Robo... not too surprised by the cliffhanger
@CheungCrygor8818 the best part? Neither are actual cliffhangers. Most of Giant Robo's plot threads are resolved by the end, and while The Impact leaves some things unresolved (like Blade), the whole thing ends more or less with Koji defeated and humanity going extinct (unless they did plan on making a sequel).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen Episode 21 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 22, 2009

12 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Jan 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen Episode 15 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jul 12, 2009

17 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:31 AM

Poll: » Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen Episode 14 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jul 6, 2009

11 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen Episode 3 Discussion

kashim - Apr 18, 2009

26 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Nov 21, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen Episode 25 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 21, 2009

10 by JaceyFox »»
Oct 23, 2022 5:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.