Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 24, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2013
Miyuki's looking good in that costume. I am really looking forward to watching this arc. Can't wait to see it.
May 24, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
The more I watch this show,the more I feel that it isn't for me.8 episode in & there's nothing that is interesting,exciting or at least entertaining,everything is either meh or less.Maybe I should just wait till it's over,close to the end or I'm in a more suitable mood (I'm graduating from high school in a couple of days,so my mind & heart is cluttered) & marathon through it.

I'll say my problems & go:
- Dull & uninteresting MCs with a meh cast.
- The series obsession with info dumps & exposition on crap I don't care about every second it gets (a waste of run time if you ask me).I know some people like that,but.............I.....DO......NOT.
- Average production values.

Maybe it's just not for me & I should drop it.Maybe I should wait & marathon.I don't know,the only reason I watch is because other than this & Captain Earth;there's nothing else I care to watch this season.Speaking of Captain Earth,I like to add that I literally stopped watching this episode (in the middle of it) to watch the CE,then came back & finished this one.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
May 24, 2014 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
To make the impossible, possible, in one night no less, call Taurus Silv..... I beg your pardon Tatsuya Shiba to make it all happen. Is there anything this magnificent man cannot do?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
Marzan said:
To make the impossible, possible, in one night no less, call Taurus Silv..... I beg your pardon Tatsuya Shiba to make it all happen. Is there anything this magnificent man cannot do?

But it wasn't one night. I just had to address that. He'd been researching Flight magic for a while
May 24, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
Each episode of this anime does not fail to show Tatsuya's OPness at all.
Inventing Flying Type Magic? Too badass.
Gravity Control Type Thermonuclear Fusion Reactor? WTF! Wouldn't be surprised if Tatsuya achieved this..
Hell, considering Miyuki's reaction, I'm assuming Tatsuya is either Taurus Silver himself or working directly under him or something....
May 24, 2014 1:11 PM
Aug 2012
JeddyVII said:
The more I watch this show,the more I feel that it isn't for me.8 episode in & there's nothing that is interesting,exciting or at least entertaining,everything is either meh or less.Maybe I should just wait till it's over,close to the end or I'm in a more suitable mood (I'm graduating from high school in a couple of days,so my mind & heart is cluttered) & marathon through it.

- The series obsession with info dumps & exposition on crap I don't care about every second it gets (a waste of run time if you ask me).I know some people like that,but.............I.....DO......NOT.

Maybe it's just not for me & I should drop it.Maybe I should wait & marathon.I don't know,the only reason I watch is because other than this & Captain Earth;there's nothing else I care to watch this season.Speaking of Captain Earth,I like to add that I literally stopped watching this episode (in the middle of it) to watch the CE,then came back & finished this one.

At least you admitted this isn't for you. You should probably marathon this in your spare time as Mahouka isn't action-centered anime. Not every anime is for everyone to watch and we all have different taste right?

May 24, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2014
JeddyVII said:

Marathon it,it's a bit slow waiting for eps per week,but you could find the story interesting by watching the season in 1 sitting.

I dropped Cap Earth by ep 5,just got bored with it,maybe I'll marathon it after it's season ends.
May 24, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
This episode wasn't bad as such like past episodes, but it was boring. I was expecting it to be, since it's just build up to a tournament, but it's like they're not even trying to make their filler and build up good. I'm starting to like Leo, though - he's the only one of the main 5 or so that I do. That puts him, Jumonji and Rin-chan on the good points list.

That last scene just proved my point on why Tatsuya and Miyuki are shitty characters, though. I don't know why I keep hoping they'll improve and leave this rut, but every single scene of their home life is just MC does impossible magic because he's OP as fuck, Miyuki praises him like the cardboard cut-out she is whilst wearing weird fanservice outfit (it wasn't even cute or interesting to look at - although that's unsurprising considering how ugly their school uniforms are too. Seriously, who did the godawful outfit design for this show?) and blushing like a tomato. I literally don't care that there's "justification" for why he's a personalityless bore and she's an incestuous lump, it doesn't stop them from being awful and repetitive. It's not even making me irritated anymore - it just makes me sigh and want to skip the scene entirely. They might actually be the worst anime characters I've ever seen, because they're so bad I'm not even bothered by them, I'm just plain bored out of my skull by their shittiness. Why exactly was this show so hyped up, again...?
May 24, 2014 1:54 PM
Apr 2014
straggy said:
This episode wasn't bad as such like past episodes, but it was boring. I was expecting it to be, since it's just build up to a tournament, but it's like they're not even trying to make their filler and build up good. I'm starting to like Leo, though - he's the only one of the main 5 or so that I do. That puts him, Jumonji and Rin-chan on the good points list.

That last scene just proved my point on why Tatsuya and Miyuki are shitty characters, though. I don't know why I keep hoping they'll improve and leave this rut, but every single scene of their home life is just MC does impossible magic because he's OP as fuck, Miyuki praises him like the cardboard cut-out she is whilst wearing weird fanservice outfit (it wasn't even cute or interesting to look at - although that's unsurprising considering how ugly their school uniforms are too. Seriously, who did the godawful outfit design for this show?) and blushing like a tomato. I literally don't care that there's "justification" for why he's a personalityless bore and she's an incestuous lump, it doesn't stop them from being awful and repetitive. It's not even making me irritated anymore - it just makes me sigh and want to skip the scene entirely. They might actually be the worst anime characters I've ever seen, because they're so bad I'm not even bothered by them, I'm just plain bored out of my skull by their shittiness. Why exactly was this show so hyped up, again...?

That's debatable because there are characters like Shinji from Evangelion and Makoto from School Days so your off on your mark about worst anime Characters.
May 24, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2010
AquaWateria said:
That's debatable because there are characters like Shinji from Evangelion and Makoto from School Days so your off on your mark about worst anime Characters.

But they're terrible in different ways. Shinji is a spineless, selfish boy, and Makoto deserves castration and the 9 circles of hell. Just because these other characters are bad doesn't mean Tatsuya and co. aren't.
May 24, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
Damn another boring ep, it's not OK if it takes the show more than 8 eps to become interesting, MC is just a nerd without any personality.
May 24, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Not a bad ep I guess. I would have liked if they had shown the exam results before they introduced Mikihiko though. So far this adaption seems to be missing a lot of the dialogue and explanations which in my opinion make the atmosphere in the LN's much better
AlexMay 24, 2014 2:14 PM
May 24, 2014 2:13 PM
Apr 2014
wrenchbread said:
AquaWateria said:

But they're terrible in different ways. Shinji is a spineless, selfish boy, and Makoto deserves castration and the 9 circles of hell. Just because these other characters are bad doesn't mean Tatsuya and co. aren't.

Well for me I like OP characters like Light in Death Note, Ogami in Code Breaker, Lelouch in Code Geass, and Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma. Which is why I don't consider Tatsuya a bad character, all in all it just has to do with a person's taste.
May 24, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
This show just throws new terms at you every episode with inadequate explanation. It's too much.
Still boring........ ~_~

May 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Tatsuya owning other countries in research & technology
May 24, 2014 2:31 PM

May 2010
AquaWateria said:

Well for me I like OP characters like Light in Death Note, Ogami in Code Breaker, Lelouch in Code Geass, and Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma. Which is why I don't consider Tatsuya a bad character, all in all it just has to do with a person's taste.

I don't think I ever said I hated OP characters. Just badly executed OP characters, in which case Tatsuya is one. By that same token, I don't like/dislike characters based on how OP or not OP they are. If they're written to be compelling I'm honestly down with all sorts of characters.
wrenchbreadMay 24, 2014 2:53 PM
May 24, 2014 2:33 PM
Dec 2012
Tatsuya is a country in himself....waiting for him to create some type of nuke magic from his own ass hairs as the catalyst
May 24, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
tatsuya is still more op than most op characters which just makes the show boring to watch since he's in almost every scene.

it was hard to believe that the student council didn't even consider putting tatsuya in the engineering team. they should be aware by now how op he is.

miyuki was useless again.

i thought after ep 7's ending we were going to get a great 8th episode but they ended up making it boring and over the top.

still, the ost was brilliant
May 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome episode! We had more Shiba awesomeness with the CAD copying and him making a flying spell and a good bit of plot development with the teacher (bs magician, ha :3) and the whole talking to the commander guy scene. I'm looking forward to the competition!
May 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
I already mentioned it before that Tatsuya is Mahouka's very own Jesus. And am I the only one who thought that the conversation with Mikihiko was awkward as fuck??? And oh my god the interactions of Tatsuya and Miyuki is so fucking annoying I actually had to pause for a smoke to calm down a bit. I mean I've read the novel but god!!! She fucking irritates the hell out of me. Somebody needs to shoot the bitch.
May 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsuya revolutionizes magic in one night... no biggie. Also they made it pretty obvious that he is Taurus Silver lol
swag
May 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2013
It continuously amazes me how one episode can be interesting to one person and completely revolting to another...
May 24, 2014 2:53 PM

May 2010
millie10468 said:
It continuously amazes me how one episode can be interesting to one person and completely revolting to another...

Opinions, how do they work?
May 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
Flying magic :) Nine school competition soon!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 24, 2014 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
millie10468 said:

Opinions, how do they work?

No I get it. It's just that sometimes there's no space for overlap at all
May 24, 2014 3:00 PM
Jan 2008
Let's look at an example of how our op tatsuya has shown his superiority so far.

Store owner: That'll be 3000yen... what?! 10000yen!? how?!

Tatsuya: Don't you know? When a customer gives out a paper bill of which the value is significantly higher than the value of the product he's intending to buy, the store will have to do preparations to "balance" it out. The technical term for this is "change". Well, a normal high school student would usually give out 1000yen or 5000yen bills, but in my case I gave 10000yen. It's nothing to be surprised about really... heh.

Store owner: Khh... I lost...

Customer1: What a genius...
Customer2: Amazing!

This is loosely translated from 2ch where they mocked the novel for being a piece of shit.
May 24, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
I shouldn't have to think hard when watching anime but this sh!t is on something else.
All this Magic-Math-Science stuff is confusing af all I know is that this mother-f***er is good at whatever he does , which is from fighting to making magic.

Their trying to hard to sound smart in this anime like this stuff is actual facts smh
May 24, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Tatsuya was pretty smart, he learned flying magic so easily.
May 24, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
Another dull episode showcasing how much of an insipid tool tasuya really is. Oh well,18 more to go.
May 24, 2014 3:19 PM
Jan 2008
Amon-Raw said:
Their trying to hard to sound smart in this anime like this stuff is actual facts smh

Use magic as replacement for physics then jumble up some magical jargon and you'll get science-like smartass stuff coming out of mc's mouth.
May 24, 2014 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
To sum this ep. up: a little fanservice, a little soccer fun, MC showing his godlike skills.
And we got two new pairings, Erika x Miki and Moe girl x Taurus Guns ehh Silver.
The author shouldve added more amazing people or focus on the talents on secondary chars, we already know how awesome he is, please let there be someone whos equal or a little below him.
About the Infodump I really dont think this LN is really suited to be animated since it has too many infos, a game wouldve been better but I still enjoy it though mainly for the second chars though.
Hope Mahouzaku will appear next ep.
May 24, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
At this point I'm pretty sure most of the people will agree this is getting ridiculous.
May 24, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2014
ChiyouDrinkmilk said:
Let's look at an example of how our op tatsuya has shown his superiority so far.

Store owner: That'll be 3000yen... what?! 10000yen!? how?!

Tatsuya: Don't you know? When a customer gives out a paper bill of which the value is significantly higher than the value of the product he's intending to buy, the store will have to do preparations to "balance" it out. The technical term for this is "change". Well, a normal high school student would usually give out 1000yen or 5000yen bills, but in my case I gave 10000yen. It's nothing to be surprised about really... heh.

Store owner: Khh... I lost...

Customer1: What a genius...
Customer2: Amazing!

This is loosely translated from 2ch where they mocked the novel for being a piece of shit.

don't they worship shitty MC's there that blushes/stutters everytime he see's a girl's underwear like a pathetic virgin said MC is?

Mahouka sucks you should just stop watching this pile of s#it that makes our heads hurt with all the techincal shit :)
darkreaperixMay 24, 2014 3:42 PM
May 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2012
That bastards so damn cocky just sitting down in the air. I love it :)
May 24, 2014 3:43 PM
Oct 2013
darkreaperix said:

don't they worship shitty MC's there that blushes/stutters everytime he see's a girl's underwear like a pathetic virgin said MC is?

Mahouka sucks you should just watching this pile of s#it that makes our heads hurt with all the techincal shit :)

First response for idioties when they see something they don't understand is to call it bullshit =X got to get with the time man.
May 24, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2012
Z4k said:
At this point I'm pretty sure most of the people will agree this is getting ridiculous.
Your severely overestimating the denizens of mal.
May 24, 2014 3:48 PM

May 2014
RexZShadow said:
darkreaperix said:

Mahouka sucks you should just watching this pile of s#it that makes our heads hurt with all the techincal shit :)

First response for idioties when they see something they don't understand is to call it bullshit =X got to get with the time man.

We should just discourage haters from watching the show by agreeing with them :)
May 24, 2014 3:49 PM
Feb 2014
Im loving this so far but what exactly is the plot or will it just go from one arc to another?
A sneakerhead at heart. Shoes, booty, and basedgod is life.
May 24, 2014 3:52 PM

May 2014
baseddookie said:
Im loving this so far but what exactly is the plot or will it just go from one arc to another?

It goes from arc to arc but with all the mysteries,political machinations and subplots,their is a bigger story within said arcs.
May 24, 2014 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
baseddookie said:

There's a plot. Be careful not to get spoiled though because answering your question in more than two words requires a lot of them (spoilers).
May 24, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
baseddookie said:

The first 3 arc may not seem related at first but they are related, leading to one another. They've been dropping hints here and there in the anime but you'll understand it better once the anime finishes airing.

May 24, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
When does Tatsuya cures cancer ?

Whilist, I still do enjoy the complex explanation and terms.
May 24, 2014 4:05 PM
May 2014
Now that we're talking about plot, someone remind me what's the main goal of this story? The main goal that once achieved, signals the closing of curtains? The stability of a high school life for Miyuki? But that's too open-ended to be judged upon...
May 24, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
h1k1k0m0r1 said:
Now that we're talking about plot, someone remind me what's the main goal of this story? The main goal that once achieved, signals the closing of curtains? The stability of a high school life for Miyuki? But that's too open-ended to be judged upon...

Tatsuya's freedom and maybe to get back what he once lost (maybe). Though that may be vague, clarifying about it would be a spoiler.

May 24, 2014 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
h1k1k0m0r1 said:

Tatsuya's freedom, basically.
May 24, 2014 4:17 PM
Jan 2008
Is there anything the mc can't do? Scientists are struggling with magic flight while our so incredible tatsuya managed to do it after an evening session of programming. This guy doesn't seem to be struggling with anything so my guess is he'll wipe out everyone else in his way while curing cancer and AIDS by the end of the 2nd season. Why watch this show if we already know the outcome?
May 24, 2014 4:19 PM
Oct 2013
millie10468 said:
h1k1k0m0r1 said:

@ChiyouDrinkmilk he been working on the thing for a long time now, I love how people only look at the result but ignore the effort put in to it.
May 24, 2014 4:21 PM

May 2014
ChiyouDrinkmilk said:
Is there anything the mc can't do? Scientists are struggling with magic flight while our so incredible tatsuya managed to do it after an evening session of programming. This guy doesn't seem to be struggling with anything so my guess is he'll wipe out everyone else in his way while curing cancer and AIDS by the end of the 2nd season. Why watch this show if we already know the outcome?

Yes it sucks stop watching it already :)
May 24, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2014

May 24, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
RexZShadow said:
millie10468 said:
h1k1k0m0r1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize what a shitty life he's led so far... and can look forward to living
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.