3It was OK
5.1%
2Disliked it
5.1%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
39 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2009 7:40 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So long, Witches 5.

Mistress 5 somehow reminds me of Black Lady from second season.
Jan 29, 2012 8:41 PM

Jun 2010
And Kaorinite dies a second time after doing just about nothing. Why bother to resurrect her in the first place? The writing is as clumsy as ever.
Jul 8, 2012 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
I hate that Kaori got killed..I actually liked her as a villian.
She would have been much stronger though, if she hadn't been blinded by her affection for Tomoe. He never cared about her or any of the Witches 5, considering he told each of them the same thing for every single mission.

As for Chibiusa nearly dying, that was honestly her fault. She should have known better than to head to Hotaru's alone after everything thats been going on.

And Fronzel, if you hate the writing so much, why the hell are you still watching/posting after each episode? Shut up already.
Aug 2, 2012 3:57 PM
Mar 2008
bloodstains said:
I hate that Kaori got killed..I actually liked her as a villian.
She would have been much stronger though, if she hadn't been blinded by her affection for Tomoe. He never cared about her or any of the Witches 5, considering he told each of them the same thing for every single mission.

As for Chibiusa nearly dying, that was honestly her fault. She should have known better than to head to Hotaru's alone after everything thats been going on.

And Fronzel, if you hate the writing so much, why the hell are you still watching/posting after each episode? Shut up already.

You don't get to decide who watches the show. I'm sick of people like you who take attacks on the show as attacks on yourself. He's allowed to not like it and state why. I like conversations that aren't just circle-jerks on how good the show is.
Aug 31, 2013 10:34 AM

May 2010
Show me these circle-jerks, because all I've been seeing are discussions of what actually happened during the episodes. And how did barelyalive take it as an attack on himself? Stop making shit up just because you want to defend the other guy on "your side".

And who the fuck wants to read episode discussions that are just the same guy repeatedly bashing the show with the same criticisms over and over anyways?
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 11, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2013
Nice to see Ami's mercury bubbles again. The fifth witch was a disappointment. We've seen plenty of two demons working together as a pair. All of them failed because they got pissed off at each other and didn't have proper teamwork. I'm glad that's not the case this time. The enemy showed true teamwork (how rare and refreshing). Looks like the sailors are gonna finish up very soon. Hurry up and show us the big bad already!
Apr 15, 2014 5:54 AM
Mar 2008
Seabury said:
Show me these circle-jerks, because all I've been seeing are discussions of what actually happened during the episodes. And how did barelyalive take it as an attack on himself? Stop making shit up just because you want to defend the other guy on "your side".

And who the fuck wants to read episode discussions that are just the same guy repeatedly bashing the show with the same criticisms over and over anyways?

No one is on "my side", I like Sailor Moon in general. But when people bring up negative points about the episode people like you need to stop getting up and arms and attacking the person making the points. Say what you think is wrong with what they're saying, but they every bit the right to comment as you do.
May 8, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Kaori, you got used a second time, goodbye witches 5. If Hotaru isn't Saturn, then she has yet to appear...so does that mean Hotaru's deathflag has been raised?
Apr 25, 2016 6:52 PM
Apr 2015
To answer to Fronzel...

@Fronzel

I wouldn't say it was sloppy writing; I think the reason Kaorinite got killed off again was to show that Professor Tomoe actually didn't care about and love her at all, and it was shown as a twist to show how black-hearted he had become.
Jul 17, 2017 11:11 AM
Nov 2015
Cyprine has the best design after Eugeal. AND she is Anthy Himemiya!! That laugh!!

Also had the best death out of the witches 5, 2 sides of herself annihilate each other.

Though seriously if they wanted the last 3 of the Witches 5 to have more impact, they could show them act as a trio and prolong their life. All 3 are kinda efficient, but because they have only 1 episode I feel nothing when they die.

Also, Kaorinite don't have to be brought back, kidnapping Chibiusa could well be relegated to the last 3 Witches.

Professor, for all of his wackiness and good humor, is one heartless man.
Jul 17, 2017 11:15 AM
Nov 2015
I love the way they showed the Senshi's long long shadows approaching the tower again.

About Hotaru, it's quite conflictless by now. Because what appeared is not Sailor Saturn but Mistress 9, the evil one could well be extracted out without much dilemma and sacrifice, maybe even repeating Black Lady's case last season.
Jul 20, 2017 8:37 PM

Apr 2010
I really enjoyed the sailor scouts teamwork this episode. It's always nice to see them fight in unison as opposed to one sailor sensei vs whatever villain of the week.

Feb 19, 2018 8:25 AM
Aug 2014
Would have been interesting if these pure hearts were needed to keep Hotaru alive or that she was possessed and they were need to exorcise it. Because I don't find the resurrection of another evil entity that interesting.
Aug 8, 2018 4:30 PM

Aug 2007
The shield Mistress 9 used reminded me of something from Persona and it was p metal. Idk, I love the aesthetic of this episode a lot.

Nov 6, 2018 9:18 AM

Mar 2017
Usagi sans hair buns is pretty hot! So apparently you can steal the pure hearts of people by simply asking them? And they come just flying out of their chests? With that knowledge even I would have been a better member of the Witches 5. I liked their longer transformation this episode! I know it's the same old stock footage, but it still fills me with this childlike wonder every time. And I also love the girls' practicality: If the supernatural, magic beams don't work on the enemy, let's just clobber them!

The episode got really dark towards the end there. I liked the solution of linking Mamoru's and Chibiusa's lives, even if the possibility of doing that came from nowhere. But it seems very appropriate for a father to do that to save his child. My guess is that Chibusas heart / feelings help bring about a change of heart in the Dark Messiah / let Hotaru take control of her evil alter ego. Exciting stuff!
Jun 11, 2019 8:52 AM
Jun 2016
Seeing the Sailor Senshi actually tackle their enemies is actually pretty nice. I don't really remember that much moments like that asides from really few instances. Like, I thought it's more of a PreCure thing to actually hit your enemies with actual kicking, punching, and grappling, lol. I find it fitting that it was Sailors Mars and Jupiter that did the tackling.

Of course the new Witches 5 members that got introduced retired quickly. Like, I knew it. If ever a villain knows a Sailor's identity, they get eliminated soon.

Also, I know that this is old stuff but one of the commenters before me, BarelyAlive, has a point. Sure, people can express what they dislike, but it gets annoying reading their negative comments over and over again. Especially since they could simply just drop the anime (unless if they have nothing better to do). In all seriousness, we could simply just scroll down and not read their comment. And I'm not saying that I approve this action, but of course some people would find your criticism on their favourite anime to be a personal attack.
Jun 20, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2015
This was a surprise. I mean this series is so predictable but this was a massive surprise.

So Hotaru was sailor Saturn all along before being possessed by the messiah of silence. They just have to separate them.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 23, 2021 1:01 PM

Nov 2016
I mean they obviously rushed through the last 3 4 witches, but the first half of this episode seemed like absolute 0 fucks were given.

Thankfully the awakening of Mistress 9 saved it from being pathetic. Poor Kaolinite, tho :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Mar 2020
These new villains just don't last, do they? Things are really getting close to the finale at least. But, yeah, not that interesting an episode this time around. For the first half at least, a direct confrontation with Tomoe was cool to see though - even if it was not really a fight. Also things are getting intense with what happened to Chibi Usa.

Oct 21, 2023 3:34 PM

Feb 2020
having your partially dead daughter there and not being enraged to destroy hotaru hmm pure kind hearts these sailor soldiers have really want to do everything for the best outcome

Dec 28, 2023 9:09 AM
Jan 2018
Wow what an episode. A big step up in animation AND an actual fight were the Senshi used battle tactics to win. You know, like other anime where you don't just win just because.

This anime always walked a weird fanservice line with the ladies. The bath fight at the beginning felt like a fanservice bit, but also not like one. I don't know if it's because of lady animators, the mangaka, or just guys who don't need animation cells of teen girls to get off, but it was fairly tastefully done. It's a shame more bath scenes aren't done that way.

Kaolinite got hit with the two piece and died before confessing her feelings. Not that that weird alien thing possessing Tomoe cares about a woman's affections. Also, the hands nightmare was horror fuel. Really, this whole episode was a buffet of memorable animation. I hope the finale can keep it up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.