Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 29, 2013 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
The OP was really weird... Didn't really liked it.

The episode was interresting. Not much happened, but we learned Tsubasa past, which was interresting. But the thing I'm the most curious about is what Tsubasa was about to say before Shinobu bite her. She was about to tell what happen if he doesn't solve the problem between one year. And after all, he didn't really solve the problem, Shinobu only subdue the curse, but she never seem to have removed it. I really wonder what happen after that one year, which should be at the end of the Golden Weak.

The ending was funny :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Finally Sejougahara next ep. Been wondering about Hanekawa's problem. Not bad.
Jan 4, 2014 11:19 PM

Jun 2012
dat Shinobu atk ><

Jan 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
so that white cat-girl is Hanekawa...

Araragi's sisters are only for the next episode's previews??? that's all..?
Mar 24, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
I laughed so hard when Koyomi pulled up Nadeko's skirt.
May 10, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
i adore more the Araragi-Senjougahara episodes :P
Jun 1, 2014 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
Tsubasa's arc begins!!
A Secret between the two!!
Tsubasa is really important to araragi !! Bonds!!..
Araragi's perverted self attacks lol!! (he shouted haha!!)
Nadeko runs so fast!!
She turned into a Catgirl!! its pretty kawaii... but it has an alternate personality she needs to be extra careful in with it!! ...
Black hanekawa!! ("but she's white" .. had the same first expression lol!!)
Stress is the reason!! (meowhaha!! -says a Meddlesome cat.) btw Meowhaha!! is the troll sub from what I seen in the episode.
She still cares for her friend's problems more than herself... its good but it will became bad enough if you don't want friend to meddle with your own problems too.
Good Episode!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
Great episode. Nadeko is so cute :3

And finally what I was waiting for ... the white neko-girl appears! And it is Hanekawa ... wasn't expecting that but still ... *0*
Hibiki07Sep 12, 2014 8:36 AM
Sep 16, 2014 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode!

Shinobu was sooo cute this ep.
Sep 21, 2014 2:40 PM
May 2013
minouneetzoe said:
The OP was really weird... Didn't really liked it.

I spotted 3D nipples in OP .
Nadeko ran faster than a loli chased by pedobear .
Jan 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
I enjoyed those conversations at the beginning with Sengoku and Araragi. They were funny with their obscure references and Araragi's sudden moments of shame.

Feb 14, 2015 11:29 PM

May 2014
Totally called she was going to be the last arc. It's gonna be pretty intense!
Jul 9, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2014
Boring as always.

1/5
Jul 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
I have the feeling that there is still something we don't know about Nadeko and her gaze... should I say it's unresistible? His excitement was brilliant. And dat swimsuit he was holding all the time :D

I also doubt Shinobu cancelled Hanekawa's curse, she only drained her stress/powers. With cat they founded at the beginning she has it back. Though it's obvious that strucked down cat was only the metaphor of her situation.

Stress again. I wonder if it has anything to do with her family again. Is she abused? Or is this stress based on the fact that Koyomi is now dating Senjougahara and she has feelings for him? Her comments on how she should behave seems to originate from her own experience (with her family).
Aug 13, 2015 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Now Nadeko is my fav character, I love her. Hachikuji will be second. I wish she had what she wanted, to be his sister. I love Koyomi x Nadeko conversation and

"I feel like my manhood is being measured when I'm around you"

https://www.google.com/search?q=manhood+is+being+measured&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nadeko wants to know onii-chan's measurements for sure XDDD

Loved Shinobu's reaction on Nadeko and I understand her, that's exact my reaction. Well Shinobu is probably jealousy but I put it as maniac rapeface XD

tsundereharasserAug 13, 2015 2:00 PM
Aug 13, 2015 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
after watching the whole thing, I think shinobu staring at them makes even more sense now.
im so glad I've finally decided to watch this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 14, 2015 8:18 PM

Sep 2014
Be sure to take care of your stress. Ep 11.

Plot: Hanekawa takes center stage as her Oddity, the Meddlesome Cat, is revealed. WHile the problem had been cleaned up at the moment, it was a mere bandaid for her true problems. Hanekawa's home life has accumulated too much stress over time and with meeting the Cat, she attacked her parents. Koyomi solved it that time with help from Shinobu but its a wonder if they can fix is again.

Character: Despite Hanekawa being the smart and helpful classrep, here it is revealed that for all her knowledge, she does not deal with her own problems. The opening where she justified her current father hitting her was all the proof needed to see where things were going and what her problem was. She needs help but won't admit/acknowledge it.

And its bad for Araragi considering his nature and that she is his friend. You cannot step over that line and help those that don't want it.

Animation/sound: the music from the first ep was brought back for Hanekawa's transformation and it did bring an eerie style to it. The ed brought new animations such as Hanekawa's tail end, Oshino and Araragi supporting Shinobu (Awww), and Hanekawa's cat transformation at the very end.

4/5. It was a gut punch to watch and I can see why people would get upset/annoyed with Hanekawa. Still this is setting up to be a big one.
AarroninAug 14, 2015 10:11 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Dec 11, 2015 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
Can someone explain to me what is the meaning of those phrases : "Red Scene" , "Black Scene" , "White Scene" ? they keep showing them and i didn't understand what is the point .
Jan 1, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2015
I NEED MORE SENJOUGAHARA!!! TT___TT
May 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2016
So Hanekawa can really transform into a cat girl and a troublesome one .
*adds Hanekawa to favorite characters list*
Jul 4, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2016
That was probably my least favorite opening song yet, but the rest of the episode was great! Tsubasa was pretty cute in her cat form.
Jul 27, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
Damn that episode was over so fast :o
Looks like Hanekawa will transform soon once again because of her shitty parents :/
Jan 31, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2015
That Cat Personality Of Hanekawa Was So Cute!!!!!!!
Feb 4, 2017 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always!
Mar 27, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2015
Hanekawa trying to justify her dad hitting her was sad.

So there's the sexy kitty I've seen in so many screenshots of this show...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 11, 2017 1:05 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, I love the OP, it's probably my favourite of the lot. I'm glad the Hanekawa arc has finally started, she's definitely the most intriguing character.
Apr 15, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Hanekawa, is the most boring character I've ever seen. This arc along with the snake arc are just not that good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
CatSoul said:
Hanekawa trying to justify her dad hitting her was sad.

^This :(

Hanekawa design was probably the least interesting to me, but I'm starting to see one of the reasons why she's so popular with this small glimpse of her other personality.
Jul 28, 2017 5:02 PM

Dec 2015
Only universe where being a nice guy equates to being a babe magnet. I do like how they're beginning to unravel Shinobu's past; so it turns out she isn't exactly "nothing" after all.

Lastly, there's been a serious lack of Senjougahara for the past few episodes. One of these girls may make a move of she doesn't appear soon ;p
~
Sep 16, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
Omfg. I didn't know that neko is Hanekawa. And she's so beautiful. Holy shit. I loved everything about this episode. I miss Mayoi, though. I need more of her.

And where on earth is Senjougahara? :/ I miss Araragi x Hitagi moments together. :3

Still not over the gorgeousness of Hanekawa when she's a cat. :p

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 10:56 PM
Jul 2017
Doraemon references for the win
Dec 5, 2017 2:51 PM
Jan 2016
Another episode without the MC's GIRLFRIEND, for Christ sake! And what the hell is with him lifting Nadeko's skirt? Everyone is telling to read the sign, but it doesn't make sense at all.
Dec 26, 2017 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
Damn so Hanekawa's stress caused her to bring on the Black Cat, which in turn caused her to hospitalize her parents, she then asked, or because of Shinobu, forgot what she did, was then placed with relatives as her replacement parents for a while, who she ended up absolutely hating, as well as they cause her so much stress and are so mean to her she might become the Black Cat again. Damn, that's some tough backwards ass shit that she, and probably Araragi, are going to have to deal with.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 31, 2017 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
yawwwnnnnnnnnnnnn

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 25, 2018 9:13 PM
Dec 2017
Another good episode. This series has a slight harem element to it (not that I'm complaining). If it weren't for Senjougahara and Araragi agreeing to date, this series would've been a full-blown supernatural harem anime. I'm really enjoying this show.

Also, why does Nadeko runs away when Hanekawa shows up?
Aug 27, 2018 3:51 PM

May 2018
5/5

I feel that this new arc will have a greater focus on Hanazawa, and I'm also thinking that the main thing that will cause the anger of the neko will be the romance between Senjougahara and Araragi.

Honestly, I did not like this new aperture, I preferred the previous one and, incidentally, what images were those of the woman's body? lol
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
I like Hanekawa's transformation into a cat. She was very weird at first, but I like her now. It seems that she have family issues.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2018 11:13 PM

Feb 2017
I don't understand why Koyomi was wearing his middle school uniform.
Mar 28, 2019 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
Nyahahahaha~

I thought we were going to get a full flashback arc, luckily we're not.
Mar 28, 2019 3:38 PM
Aug 2018
"My mother's husband's second wife is my current "mother", and her second husband is my current "father".

My head is spinning. So her mother is gone, her "father" isn't her real father, so her mother remarried once. After the biological mother left, her "father" remarried and the woman he married was already married before, so it's the second marriage for all of them?

I am surprised that he sees so many unique ships in the harbor, but always the same cars on the streets.
tr25a3Mar 28, 2019 3:43 PM
Apr 26, 2019 9:32 AM
Apr 2016
Huh, a lot of parts from the meddlecat arc. So, I guess we're going through that again.
May 12, 2019 6:36 AM

Dec 2018
Araragi is like Kaneki with a gross mind.

This time it's Hanekawa and she transform into cat.

Shinobu is OP, we need more info of her power. I'm guessing in the first episode prologue that is the adult Shinobu.

Deep down Hanekawa want to be with Araragi but she's too kind to steal Senjougahra's position. I guess Araragi suit well with Hanekawa, they will care each other.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 28, 2019 9:07 PM

Sep 2017
Banger OP. Probably my favorite of the Bakemonogatari OPs. I dunno why, but I never get tired of Japanese people speaking like cats. It's just hilarious. A stress-based aberration, huh? Interesting. Didn't they say that vampires are the most powerful aberration, or is there something higher? I really hope we get some context between the whole Araragi vampire thing eventually because I'm still really confused what the fuck is going on there.
Jul 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Nov 2015
* Getting a Tsubasa focused arc , there has been a lot of build up for curious to see where she goes from here.
* Apperently her ailment has something to do with so personality and black hanekawa really liked the background behind her ailment as a means to remove stress and also her dialogue at the begining was great for fleshing out her character. Her family life is interesting to say the least.
* This ailment was dealth with prior to the series beginning so it get detailed out more in a previous arc.
* There was sequence of flashbacks in this episode that was basically like a recap for the nekomonogatari arc. Whose events were cool and thrilling to watch, my only concern is that since it gave us everything in a brief summation what happened, with regards to events that happened in that arc, the nature behind Tsubasa ailment and the nature of the linkage to her characterization and how it was resolved what's left for that arc in nekomonogatari to explore.
* That aside, looking forward to seeing what shinobu will do she seems to be relevant in this arc and relevant to it's resolution. Maybe this season or next season we will get into her character.
* We also had some noteworthy interaction with araragi and sengoku that was a little awkward.
* Will say this episode definitely got more interested in hanekawa character, she was interesting before but it solidfied it.
Jul 15, 2019 9:15 AM

Nov 2017
It was a nice episode and it went by pretty fast to me. A fella really does enjoy these OPs. "Sugar Sweet Nightmare" was my ringtone for a bit. Some great visuals in this one and Hanekawa and Araragi's interactions are wonderful. Again, since I'm re-watching I can appreciate the references and things that are mentioned
Jan 3, 2020 3:49 AM

May 2014
This was a good ep. Half of the ep. concerned the post-snake arc with Sengoku Nadeko. Looks like she is still half-embarrassed when Araragi-oniichan is around. But the big question is why she muttered and ran away the moment Tsubasa showed up.

Anyway, the opening was something for itself. I am really glad the opening describes the arcs main characters personality. The song fits each time. This time we got an adventurous opening where the character wants to travel the world around and get a lot of traveling experience.

The ep. was great too. I really loved the nyan transformation. It got to be (currently) the best transformation of an character. White Tsubasa looks so cute and dangerous at the same time, nyan >.<:

Looks like once she get a headache she goes all out with the transformation. First I thought she had killed her parents (I guess they are the foster-parents), but I guess I was wrong since her foster parents are still alive. Apropos Tsubasa, I get the feeling like she is the type that has a crush on Araragi, but doesn't want to become a nuisance in Araragi & Senjougahara's relationship. So instead of standing up for herself, she rather gives tips how to how to improve the relationship. Poor girl, hopefully we will get a confirmation later on. Next ep. looks exciting. Seems like Tsubasa and Senjougahara is gonna meet, finally.
mangalicker94Jan 3, 2020 5:09 AM
Jan 3, 2020 5:19 AM

May 2014
abandoned2014 said:
kkmaster1337 said:
i cant put this episode into words but
jaw dropping lol at sengoku's running away

Wouldn't mind an explanation to Koyomi's actions between 10:10-10:50 also. I couldn't read the sign after that scene...The type was small, blurred and too light.

You may need glasses. Nah, kidding. On the sign it's written: "There is a lot of problems with place you're protecting". I interpret it as a joke where this is the phrase in Araragi's mind that he want to use to see Sengoku's panties. xD My interpretation of that scene is his perv behaviour. He may want to touch Sengoku's hair and see her panties. You can clearly see it when he grab her skirt. But before he pull it up, he stop the temptation and pull back. That's why he says after that scene: "I feel like my manhood is being measured when I'm around you". Then again, this is only my interpretation of this particular scene. :)
mangalicker94Jan 3, 2020 5:24 AM
Jan 3, 2020 5:29 AM

May 2014
removed-user said:
Contrary to what I though, Tsubasa Cat is not an arc that played in the past (because Hanekawa knew Oshino), so we might hope for more Senjogahara now.
Araragi and Sengoku talking about Doraemon inside stuff was nice^^

Fabrice said:
The way nadeko ran away....damn that was cute

How she faced the traffic lights, lovely.

I don't think it's been told about
. I may be wrong, but I don't think this kind of information has been revealed.
Jan 3, 2020 5:35 AM

May 2014
tr25a3 said:
"My mother's husband's second wife is my current "mother", and her second husband is my current "father".

My head is spinning. So her mother is gone, her "father" isn't her real father, so her mother remarried once. After the biological mother left, her "father" remarried and the woman he married was already married before, so it's the second marriage for all of them?

Probably correct guessing. I came to the same conclusion. In other words she lives with foster parents where the father is violent type.
Aug 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Apr 2019
Imagine turning into a cat because you had so much built up stress lol.

So we get some more insight about Hanekawa's life, feel bad for her.
I'm guessing there'll be more flashback scenes to when Koyomi first helped Hanekawa with this.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.