Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Jun 2014
People have different opinions.
At first me myself was interested in this, but just after a few seconds watching episode 1 I ended up dropping it.

But I take myself to finish them in 1 day and it was great.
Jul 13, 2014 1:40 PM
Jun 2013
Because it is a carbon copy of Madoka Magica. Whoever wrote this show literally took Madoka and replaced any mention of witches, soul gems, etc. with cards. Events, character developments, and theme revelations play out EXACTLY how they did in Madoka. If this show came out in 2010, it would be amazing, but we've already seen this exact story (done better and with a satisfying ending in 12 episodes might I add).
Jul 13, 2014 1:49 PM

May 2014
RCTDude said:
Because it is a carbon copy of Madoka Magica. Whoever wrote this show literally took Madoka and replaced any mention of witches, soul gems, etc. with cards. Events, character developments, and theme revelations play out EXACTLY how they did in Madoka. If this show came out in 2010, it would be amazing, but we've already seen this exact story (done better and with a satisfying ending in 12 episodes might I add).
Sorry to burst your bubble, if this is the case, Madoka ripped off Mai-HIME then.
Sep 3, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2012
pretty sure it's the wincest theme and half naked loli's fighting that are putting people off, especially females
Oct 5, 2014 6:34 PM

Feb 2014
mezzo12 said:
Because of the bad first episodes ^^
i hate it in the first 5 episodes
but now i give it 10

I'd definitely agree with this. In the first couple of episodes, I was thinking it was going to be a 6-7/10 series. But SIW is one of those shows which gets better and better with every new episode, so in the end I rated it a 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2015 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
flaxman85 said:
pretty sure it's the wincest theme and half naked loli's fighting that are putting people off, especially females

True, but characters in games are like that since i know myself. Jumping boobs, half naked etc.
I dont see anything new or wierd in this anime, they are playing game where characters are half naked.

Its more this
Ex-Tio said:
There are people who are unable to enjoy an anime for what it is.

People who are looking for details (reviewers) are unable to enjoy the shows fully.
Apr 12, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
>> Why are people disliking this anime?
Because is fail to representative what WIXOSS game itself
At least for me
I maybe like this show if JC Staff make the battle very close to official WIXOSS ruler
But from what i see, is happen alot to ignore some basic WIXOSS ruler
I so disappointed
I always waiting if someday there is anime card battle exist with female MC
But what i got is this shit
Psychological element also standar & boring as hell
Better to watch Psycho-pass or Mirai Nikki for dark psyho anime

Last thing
If JC Staff want to make good card battle anime
Better to learn from Studio Gallop
I don't need moe-shit-anime pretending to become moe-card-battle-anime
SSSS_ShunariaApr 12, 2015 10:02 AM
May 20, 2015 1:08 PM
May 2014
Hidayat246 said:
>> Why are people disliking this anime?
Because is fail to representative what WIXOSS game itself
At least for me
I maybe like this show if JC Staff make the battle very close to official WIXOSS ruler
But from what i see, is happen alot to ignore some basic WIXOSS ruler
I so disappointed
...snip...
I don't need moe-shit-anime pretending to become moe-card-battle-anime

This isn't a regular kiddie cardbattle anime (which you seem to compare it to).
The cardgame itself isn't the main "actor", the characters and their interactions are.

If you still expect the former when you're at the end of this season..well..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jun 30, 2015 2:02 AM

Jan 2015
rederoin said:
Red_Keys said:
I haven't seen this.

"WIXOSS is a card game that's popular with teenagers. Supposedly there exist "LRIG Cards," female character cards with wills of their own"- And I stopped reading the synopsis. Is this one of those "only cute girls are allowed to exist" shows? Looks like it.

I love how you always go into forums about shows you don't watch, and then comment about the show itself.

where is the like button?
Thumbs Up
Jul 11, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Spread was so-so but Infected in itself was a compact, great series of anime. IMO this is sorely underrated.
Sep 24, 2015 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
1. We live in a post-Madoka anime world, where every single dark, moe anime girl series is disregarded by most people as being a Madoka ripoff. As if Madoka started the tread, but a lot of anime fans nowadays are too young to have seen stuff like Mai-Hime. This series is NOT Madoka. For better or worse, people need to stop expecting it to be. Don't look for all the similarities and watch it for being it's own thing. Yet again, going back to Madoka wasn't the first anime to do these sort of troupes, yet everything thinks Madoka is super original. I love both series, including all their different strengths and different flaws.

2. It has plenty of themes that turn off a lot of people. The incest theme is most obvious. I've seen enough anime at this point that it doesn't bother me and won't stop watching a series because it has one theme I don't like. The card battle genre is another. From the outside, it seems like a typical card battle show. The first few episodes are like, and only hint the darker parts of it. But most people won't get as far into the series as they need to get that.

It's score should be higher, but it just has too many things working against it to break 7.5. If this series came out before Madoka, I predict it would be well over 8.

But actually briefly compare WIXOSS to Madoka to understand why it failed, Madoka was a deconstruction of the magical genre, which is much more popular than the card game genre. Therefore, it's easier to people to get into initially. Madoka was also only 12 episodes, which the WIXOSS series is 24. It takes longer to get it's big plot twists than Madoka did, and thus many people dropped WIXOSS because of it. Most people would be more willing to watch the first 3-4 episodes of a magical girl anime than the first 8-11 episodes of a card battle anime. Percentage-wise a larger percentage of people have dropped WIXOSS compared to Madoka. I'll really love to see numbers on what episodes people dropped out after the most.
Sep 29, 2015 4:46 PM

Apr 2011
Probably because they don't explain how the game works, or at least up to where I have watched so far (episode 5)

also incest ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 21, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
TheDarkMagician said:
amazingsil said:
i don't dislike the show, however it's pretty flawed.
it's just a dark show with cute girls.

Isn't that basically what Madoka was/is?
And yet it became so popular...

pretty, except for one thing this show has a competitive aspect too.

and this show is darker then Madoka.

Madoka is not a bad show just a story that been done before.
Dec 23, 2016 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
In my opinion it's because this show is not as try hard dark and edgy as other shows. The characters and the atmosphere are much better than in similar anime. Overall it's leagues above similar anime.

- People compare every show, that is even remotely similar to Madoka

WIXOSS is different from Madoka. And I like WIXOSS more.

Also there are anime, that have done it before and/or better.

- People dislike card game anime

I don't like them either. But it's obvious from the start, that Wixoss is different from Yu Gi Oh etc.
TheBigGuyDec 25, 2016 3:38 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 26, 2018 4:06 AM

Jan 2012
Cuz the MC ist completely useless and retarded ...
Never cringed so hard in an anime because I realy liked the card game idea

Mar 26, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah I read the short description on Kotaku's guide multiple times but never give this anime a chance. Card games, meh.
May 7, 2018 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
This anime is actually pretty decent tbh. Reminds me a lot of Hand Shakers. The only issue I have with this anime is this: I don't really care about the story/characters enough to continue it. It's weird, this is pretty rare for me. I usually only drop anime because I lose interest in them, but with this one, it's not that I've lost interest, it's just that, no matter what happens to anyone, I'm just not concerned in the slightest bit, if that makes any sense. Like with other anime, I'll usually care when things don't really go my way, but with this one, I'm just more passive about it. Therefore, I don't really see any reason as to why I should continue it..

caught in the wonder
Dec 22, 2021 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
Annoying characters and incest is the reason I didn't enjoy it, mainly the incest though.
Dec 22, 2021 3:27 PM
Feb 2016
WISOXX have incest so... nah it's fine. But the other season repeat the formula...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.