Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2016 9:53 PM

Sep 2015
SHIN X REIRA :3 still scared for the media going after Nana and Ren
Feb 24, 2017 8:47 PM

Jun 2015
10 episodes to go...
Mar 2, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
So that's why they narrate like none of this exists in the present anymore
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 23, 2017 10:06 PM

Nov 2013
Back a couple of episodes, when the strawberry glasses were broken, I thought it symbolic of the divergence of the two Nana's. And it looks to be that they are really moving on in separate ways. But Nana O. has some serious issues. I though Nana K. was the one that was screwed up, though she seems to have this amazing resilience to rebound into a happy mood and accept her situation.

I'm impressed that Nobu is taking things like a man. He's probably the most close to virtuous of all the characters in this series. As for Shin, he's remarkably intelligent, but his nomadic lifestyle is unsettling to anyone with Christian values. I think he's fallen for Leyla. Oh yea, here name inspired by Eric Clapton. Now we know what band the writers like.

This is the anime that I didn't want to like, because of the situations, but it's so well done that I'm finding it to be every bit as good as the best Korean drama that my wife watches. This shit's really, really good!
Jun 24, 2017 12:21 PM
Feb 2016
Sei lá...
Espero que a Nana consiga amar o Takumi da mesma forma que ele gosta dela... Ele está agindo da melhor forma que pode, dentro de seus limites, eu acho. E como o Nobu simplesmente não se pronunciou e parece que já tocou o barco, não tem o que ser feito... O sentimento entre Nana e Hachi é tão bonito. *-*
Shin começou a se interessar de verdade pela Reira, não sei exatamente qual foi o motivo.
Simbora, minha gente.
Jul 1, 2017 11:46 PM

Mar 2013
Say what you want about Takumi, but I honestly think that he is the most interesting and complex character in this series. One minute, you'll get pissed off by how much of a manipulative prick he is, then next, you'll find yourself rooting for him just because of how he cares for Hachi and their unborn child. I never once thought that the author intended him to be a complete, shady jerk (a jerk nonetheless)—but his portrayal is much more complicated than that.

One can never be truly certain if he genuinely loves Hachi or if he is just being possessive, I doubt even Takumi himself is aware of that. We also can't be completely sure of his true intention/purpose of marrying her and taking responsibility for the child regardless of who the actual father is. That being said, I do believe he genuinely cares for Hachi and the child and that he might actually be in love with her (even though he couldn't fully admit it yet).

I know that his relationship with Hachi is far from ideal, but I couldn't help to root for them anyway just because of how intriguing I find them both to be whenever they are with each other.
LiaNFJul 2, 2017 12:02 AM
Aug 11, 2017 2:53 PM

Nov 2016
Sweet episode, but it also got it a bit feelsy at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2018 4:31 AM

Sep 2017
As much as I disagree with Hachi's reckless decision to keep the child, I can understand why she had to go into this direction. Hachi didn't have any sense of purpose before knowing she's pregnant. Even at the time when she was still happily being with Nobu, she questioned herself what she really wants in life. Everyone around her has their own dream and their own direction, yet Hachi had nothing to herself other than the men around her. Hachi must felt that the baby inside her is the only one that can make her a special person. Nana and Nobu could go on pursuing their dream without Hachi, but only Hachi can protect her baby. The baby gave weight to Hachi's life. For the first time she felt the sense of responsibility. For the first time she had a sense of who she is by playing the role of a mother.
Apr 20, 2019 6:11 PM
Jul 2014
Soo after not watching this anime for a while because I was dreading what the anime was building up to, I've started watching again. I like how lighthearted this episode started, since we just went through a lot.

That apartment is so luxurious O.o

Hachi is going to a great housewife and mom. Although I hate that she betrayed her friends, she will be so good to her child. I'm also glad she got that call from Shin, which made her realize how horrible she was acting to her friends.

UWU and when Shin went to serenade Reira ㅠㅠㅠ I ship them reallyyyyy hard.
Sylvia_Beau019Apr 20, 2019 6:18 PM
May 18, 2019 6:21 AM

Oct 2012
Nana looks so happy, I hope she will for the rest of her life
But things probably won't go as expected

Awww I like Shin and snap decisions
He might be still a child, but he seems like know what he's doing in his life

That ending monologue is just confirming that they won't back to where they were
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2019 8:12 AM
Apr 2016
While Hachi isn't with who she loves truly, she will probably lead a nice life now. The letter part was painful, ouch I feel so bad for Osaki Nana. The ending was beautiful, finally Shin is taking action!
May 26, 2020 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
this anime is killing me slowly T_T
May 30, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Naoki's reaction are hilarious, nice to see some comedy after the sort of depressing to watch recent episodes....
Hachi and Takumi sure are looking like a rich newlywed couple with the housing all done like that but I wonder how long it can continue without the love...
Quite the nice love letter, both nana's better are good friends again at the end of this series or else...

Jul 7, 2020 6:06 AM

Feb 2020
hachi is being incredibly selfish. how is nobu staying so sane after their breakup and after all this mess he deserves sm more. meanwhile, hachi enjoying the time of her life in a new house leaving behind everyone and not being able to speak to them in person. she's literally said nothing to them except make takumi do all the talking. shin also being the last person to know :/

i hate how she's being so lovey-dovey already with takumi - nobu meant nothing to her. saying 'i'm so in love with nobu,' pfft sure lmao
Jul 24, 2020 12:21 AM

Nov 2018
What's wrong with Takumi - Nana couple? Nana wanted a family , a foundation and loving reliable husband and she has all of it now. With Nobu times would be more fairytalelike and emotional at first maybe , but she is past this period already. Nobu is just not that mature and consistent in life enough , he is even more childish than Komatsu herself.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Nov 2018
Surprisingly , 15 y.o. Shin is still the most mature and nice guy here <3
Love this guy more and more with every next episode watched.
I hate everyone equally
Nov 3, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
i ship takumi x hachi. i never saw a compatibility between her and nobu.

takumi is forward and honest which i love about him. he knows how to care and comes across as rude because people don't think like him.

the only other person i see hachi with is nana but i feel a not so happy ending is coming for this show.

i know something will happen to nana and ren but i hope it's not fatal.

i love everything about this show!

May 3, 2021 10:36 AM
Mar 2021
this is so sad :( nothing is the same anymore
shin is so nice this all makes me so sad
omg is only takami just didnt exist, this all makes me so sad
i feel so bad for nana, she's separated i can't imagine what they're both going through i really really really really really need them to get back together this is so awful im so upset

to what everyone else is saying in the forum post: i really don't think one of them will die idk
Jun 2, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2013
Hachi may live comfortably in luxury for the rest of her life. But I feel like she will forever be living in guilt for what she have done to Nana, Nobu & the rest.
Hachi should face them & address herself properly before dissappearing from their life.
Jun 24, 2021 11:23 AM
May 2020
"Nana was a slut"
That's my complete opinion of her.
She had such great friends, she could've been with Nobu or anyone who isn't gonna keep her locked and use her as a slave.
Fuck your optimistic opinions, somewhere you also know Nana was a bitch who craved for men, she might've done wonders as a prostitute.
I feel so bad for people who knew her, she crushed them by being so selfish.
I was rooting for her till her boyfriend dumped her after that the thing with takumi made it so clear what kind of girl she was.
Never have I had such bad impression of a character, now I'll be more careful while judging the characters!

(I don't know what happens next but this I know that she was definitely a self centred bitch)
Aug 13, 2022 12:27 PM
Apr 2021
I really do not understand some people here on this forum. Hachi a slut? Her being selfish and enjoying her life, while her friends are suffering? WTF?

It is like we are not watching the same anime. It is obvious Hachi is putting on a bit of a show. When Shin called she lost it in mere seconds. She chose her baby as her path forward, as her purpose and Takumi was actually her best bet in realizing her dream. Is it selfish to try to do the best for your own kid that is almost 100% Takumi's, to begin with? I don't think so. Was it the right choice in the long run? I don't think so but I don't think Hachi was able to think that far ahead.

As much of a shady manipulator he is, I feel Takumi also clings to this baby (and consequently Hachi) as a sort of purpose-him and Hachi have that in common. However, I am certain their paring will not end well in the long term. There is no real love between the two. Takumi will probably soon start his small affairs again and Hachi is for sure still in love with Nobu.
Aug 13, 2022 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
1. I love that the characters are portrayed in all their nuance, even the worst of them: Takumi. As much as I think he's a conniving, narcissistic and possessive asshole, he does on some level care for the baby in his own fucked up way. Even Hachi too, although it seems like she's more like a pet who will cook, clean, and take care of the baby. Got her all locked up in a tower too, just like his Reira, his other possession.

2. LOL at Kyosuke thinking Hachi loves Takumi. Gotta love how confidently Junko gives her shitty advice without knowing all the details. Hachi is *way* too dependent on her. Junko loves her in her own way, but she is a toxic friend to Hachi.

3. Hopefully Shin can be the friend that Hachi needs at this new phase in her life. Hachi may have found her purpose in this child and the financial stability she hasn't had since moving to Tokyo, but she's more lonely than ever.

4. Oh Nana. If only you hadn't avoided Hachi for 9 days.
Aug 13, 2022 3:05 PM
Apr 2021
vodkaproblems said:
1. I love that the characters are portrayed in all their nuance, even the worst of them: Takumi. As much as I think he's a conniving, narcissistic and possessive asshole, he does on some level care for the baby in his own fucked up way. Even Hachi too, although it seems like she's more like a pet who will cook, clean, and take care of the baby. Got her all locked up in a tower too, just like his Reira, his other possession.

2. LOL at Kyosuke thinking Hachi loves Takumi. Gotta love how confidently Junko gives her shitty advice without knowing all the details. Hachi is *way* too dependent on her. Junko loves her in her own way, but she is a toxic friend to Hachi.

3. Hopefully Shin can be the friend that Hachi needs at this new phase in her life. Hachi may have found her purpose in this child and the financial stability she hasn't had since moving to Tokyo, but she's more lonely than ever.

4. Oh Nana. If only you hadn't avoided Hachi for 9 days.

Yup Takumi wants to have his prized possessions all lined up and in the meantime do whatever the hell he wants. I hope Reira will break away from his spell eventually and hopefully Hachi as well.
Sep 25, 2022 9:43 PM

Apr 2016
Loved the beginning, they might be "reliable" friends to Hachi but they barely grasp what is really happening and their advices might not be that good on the long run.

Naoki and Hachi were hilarious and almost convice me that Hachi could found happiness until her coyness become more apparent, then she's alone and you can tell is just her trying to make the dream a reality but it so much she can do to keep pretending she's enjoying her new life.
Mar 23, 2023 3:09 PM
Oct 2017
Being in such a place is a bit claustrophobic, it is like being in the tower of a castle, a lost princess guarded by a dragon. I think the other way from Trapnest, Naoki, said it, that place is like a fortress of solitude. I also feel a bit bad for him, he is ignored by his band-mates in some manner and he is the most clueless of the group, it feels he is being left out in a way, and his personality is like Hachiko's. Even Hachiko was considered a bit of a pet in a way by Blast before, it is just the life of we genki people....

Takumi is not as bad as I thought in some aspects, but clearly bad in others, I just don't want to convince myself that being with him is a good thing, I feel what he did the other day with Hachiko was practically rape. I feel that kind of control he can have over me would break me eventually, he sounds like he will be strict on the baby and it is very old school with gender roles, but oh well, I'm not going to blame Hachi for her decision because I understand how she feels in a way, feelings are feelings, I think the only thing Nana is different from aside me is that she doesn't have that kind of crippling anxiety when she is with a man, so she can handle him better.

This anime has reached a point where my current life experience is not enough to tell me what I would do in these situations, one thing is reason and one thing is emotion, I am just going to watch and hope for the best.

With how Takumi has been for the baby, I feel things could get even more complicated if the baby ends up being Nobu's in some way or another lol.

Oh, and Nana, my poor Nana, I feel she is crying because she is in love with Hachiko, and Hachiko is in love with her, even if its not in a romantic manner, I feel they are deeply in love with each other, and everything that happened here is a bit of a tragedy, but even then, there is still a hope for happiness.
PhixiatelyMar 23, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 14, 2023 6:02 AM

Nov 2016
CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY.............
freedom
Sep 19, 2023 8:25 PM

Mar 2023
I really don't understand hachi, man :/
Oct 19, 2023 9:26 PM
Mar 2022
What an sad episode
8 hours ago
Feb 2024
i love naoki so much... shin too.. poor shin omg.. please nana go see nana please please i need a reunion
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

66 by sailorneptunelvr »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Feb 12, 2007

65 by sailorneptunelvr »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

115 by sailorneptunelvr »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 5:12 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 23, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.