Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 12, 2014 6:54 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
- This is his special and unique ability................why wouldn't he use it?
- It will more like Tatsuya "bullying the leader".............no heroic speeches i am afraid.
- The "leader" does use something else, you just have to wait for the next episode.

The preview is only 30 seconds man, patience.

No patience, I want to put my marker down BEFORE the episode. I have seen no reason to trust the animators, so I am saying that if they confirm my statement this show is unsalvageable.

And I really hope I am wrong on this, after this airs I want to say I was completely wrong and they blew my socks off. I have no fear of being wrong, I have fear that I am right.

And what you wrote makes me more scared of being right.

I don't want to hear Tatsuya give ANY speech. Of course it won't be "noble", Tatsuya is a Terry Goodkind type of hero, but what I don't want is an asinine evil leader who only exists to set the stage for Tatsuya to be the "Gary Stu MC". That was my complaint last episode, and if that is all this show is, then screw Madhouse.

As for "Terry Goodkind heroes". The funny thing is that I am cool with a hero who isn't buttermilk, who will kick the crap out of his enemies without bothering about "morality". But please spare me the grade school philosophizing. That was why I was sort of hoping the siblings were going to massacre the opponents and then if they needed to talk to the leader they would. It's the whole "oh lets create a stage" that bothers me.
May 12, 2014 7:18 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
- This is his special and unique ability................why wouldn't he use it?
- It will more like Tatsuya "bullying the leader".............no heroic speeches i am afraid.
- The "leader" does use something else, you just have to wait for the next episode.

The preview is only 30 seconds man, patience.

No patience, I want to put my marker down BEFORE the episode. I have seen no reason to trust the animators, so I am saying that if they confirm my statement this show is unsalvageable.

And I really hope I am wrong on this, after this airs I want to say I was completely wrong and they blew my socks off. I have no fear of being wrong, I have fear that I am right.

And what you wrote makes me more scared of being right.

I don't want to hear Tatsuya give ANY speech. Of course it won't be "noble", Tatsuya is a Terry Goodkind type of hero, but what I don't want is an asinine evil leader who only exists to set the stage for Tatsuya to be the "Gary Stu MC". That was my complaint last episode, and if that is all this show is, then screw Madhouse.

As for "Terry Goodkind heroes". The funny thing is that I am cool with a hero who isn't buttermilk, who will kick the crap out of his enemies without bothering about "morality". But please spare me the grade school philosophizing. That was why I was sort of hoping the siblings were going to massacre the opponents and then if they needed to talk to the leader they would. It's the whole "oh lets create a stage" that bothers me.

That's similar to the definition of an Anti-hero i believe. Tatsuya definitely fits the role of an anti-hero. But that doesn't always have to end in massacre, blood or whatnot. You won't get your bloodshed in this arc but you will it in the next arcs. Your choice.......

Still cut it out with the "Gary Stu" please because you yourself posted against these type wording before. The first arc is the introduction and shows us what type of character the MC is. "Gary Stu" is a overused term "OP character" or "OP character i dislike" regardless of it's original meaning.

May 13, 2014 2:21 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Still cut it out with the "Gary Stu" please because you yourself posted against these type wording before. The first arc is the introduction and shows us what type of character the MC is. "Gary Stu" is a overused term "OP character" or "OP character i dislike" regardless of it's original meaning.

I agree that it is an overused term, but when a stage is choreographed for the MC to be "the dude", that is when an OP turns into a GS. If the conflict between Tatsuya and the "evil villain" and all his "evil lackeys with guns" is primarily there to let the author show how great Tatsuya is, then we have crossed that line.

And based solely on the animation Tatsuya is pretty GSish (Stronger, faster, better, than everyone else, chicks love him, men want to be him, women (including sister and teacher) want to sleep with him). Yes I know that the novels aren't that bad, but the animation frankly has been that bad up until this point, and based on what you said above, will be worse coming up next episode.

Edit: also when I said I was fine with Tatsuya butchering everyone I of course was speaking metaphorically one can have an OP, but just have the OP act, don't have him give speeches or have to explain how awesome he is. That again is the difference between a GS and an OP (as Terry Goodkind demonstrates).
May 13, 2014 4:13 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Edit: also when I said I was fine with Tatsuya butchering everyone I of course was speaking metaphorically one can have an OP, but just have the OP act, don't have him give speeches or have to explain how awesome he is. That again is the difference between a GS and an OP (as Terry Goodkind demonstrates).
wait did u expect anything from the first arc to not have them demonstrates and explain his powers i mean they do this with every anime character who have OP powers they did it with shiro and sora,lelouch,izayoi,kirito(i dont really count him since i see him as pretty pathetic but some people do),and Akatsuki Ousawa they are what i call OP because if a character is really OP they dont ever or sometimes need to show them train and just show them kick enemies ass so i dont get how is this worse thing that could happen oh i put lelouch here because he is the only guy i know who conquer the world in a anime
oldguestMay 13, 2014 4:23 PM
May 13, 2014 4:34 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
wait did u expect anything from the first arc to not have them demonstrates and explain his powers i mean they do this with every anime who have OP powers they did it with shiro and sora,lelouch,izayoi,kirito(i dont really count him since i see him as pretty pathetic but some people do),and Akatsuki Ousawa.

Nothing wrong with explanations, and no they do not do this with "every OP". Having an OP show they are OP is one thing, having the opponents be there SOLELY to show how great the OP is becomes something totally different. A simple difference, Kirito in episode 4 of SAO destroys an entire party. He is definitely an OP, however they explained WHY he was OP (he had leveled up beyond them - which of course is the whole point of the world they are in), why everyone was there (to the villains to rob the girl, Kirito to catch the villains), and why they attacked him as they did and why it did no good.

Contrast that to this show. First, why exactly is a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT attacking a foreign organization (particularly since it is clear that the government knew they had been attacked), what exactly did Blanche have to gain from offering resistance instead of fleeing, and why would, after it seems clear that our students are kicking serious Blanche behind, would the leader go and confront Tatsuya with a squad of armed soldiers (those would have been useful LAST episode at the library) if they are pretty much useless against magicians (as explained by people here since last episode).

The difference between an OP and the GS is the effort the writer (or in this case the adapters) put into showing there is something more than an artist too in love with their character. I honestly hope that all this will be explained next episode, but I frankly have no faith in Madhouse, so even though this was a 30 second preview I am putting my marker down that this will be all they give us: stage setting to let a Stu be a Stu. IF and that is IF that is the case, and my prediction is right (and I hope it isn't), then I can predict that no matter how good people think this show can become, Madhouse isn't going to let it.
Takuan_SohoMay 13, 2014 4:56 PM
May 13, 2014 5:00 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:
wait did u expect anything from the first arc to not have them demonstrates and explain his powers i mean they do this with every anime who have OP powers they did it with shiro and sora,lelouch,izayoi,kirito(i dont really count him since i see him as pretty pathetic but some people do),and Akatsuki Ousawa.

Nothing wrong with explanations, and no they do not do this with "every OP". Having an OP show they are OP is one thing, having the opponents be there SOLELY to show how great the OP is becomes something totally different. A simple difference, Kirito in episode 4 of SAO destroys an entire party. He is definitely an OP, however they explained WHY he was OP (he had leveled up beyond them - which of course is the whole point of the world they are in), why everyone was there (to the villains to rob the girl, Kirito to catch the villains), and why they attacked him as they did and why it did not good.

Contrast that to this show. First, why exactly is a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT attacking a foreign organization (particularly since it is clear that the government knew they had been attacked), what exactly did Blanche have to gain from offering resistance instead of fleeing, and why would, after it seems clear that our students are kicking serious Blanche behind, would the leader go and confront Tatsuya with a squad of armed soldiers (those would have been useful LAST episode at the library) if they are pretty much useless against magicians (as explained by people here since last episode).

The difference between an OP and the GS is the effort the writer (or in this case the adapters) put into showing there is something more than an artist too in love with their character. I honestly hope that all this will be explained next episode, but I frankly have no faith in Madhouse, so even though this was a 30 second preview I am putting my marker down that this will be all they give us: stage setting to let a Stu be a Stu. IF and that is IF that is the case, and my prediction is right (and I hope it isn't), then I can predict that no matter how good people think this show can become, Madhouse isn't going to let it.
as i recall kirito was beta tester one of the best as well so he had more experience than those noobs so is that really any different he needed the boss on the first floor to show his powers well i dont even count kirito as OP so that point is and to all your other point how many people know of tatsuya ha how many people know of well any of the support characters and they were course two student so they did not know what they were able to do oh and let me tell u did u not see how they were able to kick the other student ass so they did have the upper hand in that fight but they miscalculate their opponent strength like every other anime with OP character while what did u think they trying to access on that computer so they resisted because they were buying time
oh last thing tell me one OP character that that dont finish their opponents in the end of the arc and did u believe tatsuya was just any high school main protagonist of course u dont but u should have seen episode 1 gigantic explosion so does he look like high school student also he is an anti hero and will hunt down any threat that will come to harm him and his sister he said this in this episode
oldguestMay 13, 2014 5:07 PM
May 13, 2014 5:06 PM
Oct 2012
I think I can explain this easier. The difference between an OP and a Stu is that with the OP there is at least an explanation, but with a Stu the reason is "because he is awesome". A secondary trait is that all the GS enemies are mind boggling stupid.

To date, through this episode, all we know is that Tatsuya is awesome and everyone he fights is either an elitist pig or an ignorant prole. And from the preview, what the next episode seems to be about is "how awesome Tatsuya and his sister are in wiping out all those soldiers" and "how stupid the evil villain is fighting a pointless battle (defending a base that lost all value the second they attacked the academy)".
May 13, 2014 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
I think I can explain this easier. The difference between an OP and a Stu is that with the OP there is at least an explanation, but with a Stu the reason is "because he is awesome". A secondary trait is that all the GS enemies are mind boggling stupid.

To date, through this episode, all we know is that Tatsuya is awesome and everyone he fights is either an elitist pig or an ignorant prole. And from the preview, what the next episode seems to be about is "how awesome Tatsuya and his sister are in wiping out all those soldiers" and "how stupid the evil villain is fighting a pointless battle (defending a base that lost all value the second they attacked the academy)".
did u not read my point i ask how many people know of tatsuya even when he destroys this base no one even know who did it even those that do know wont even care much about it so they wont be calling him awesome anytime soon or u saying the fans calling him awesome which one is it and what do u mean by explanation because i dont see what explanation
oldguestMay 13, 2014 5:20 PM
May 13, 2014 5:19 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
did u not read my point i ask how many people know of tatsuya even when he destroys this base no one even know who did it so they wont be calling him awsome anytime soon or u saying the fans calling him awesome which one is it

No, I was writing my post when you posted yours. And what you wrote above if true is even more stupid than I had feared.

Think about it: an organization that is known by the government to be controlled by foreign powers (and this information is shared with the student council but not the general body for some reason) attacks the most elite training school of magicians in that country (which would be akin to attacking a nuclear weapons site or Langley); the government is aware of this (those men and suit and glasses last episode), but they DO nothing and on top of this they are perfectly unaware of who actually destroyed the enemy?

In what world would this happen? Seriously?
May 13, 2014 5:22 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:
did u not read my point i ask how many people know of tatsuya even when he destroys this base no one even know who did it so they wont be calling him awsome anytime soon or u saying the fans calling him awesome which one is it

No, I was writing my post when you posted yours. And what you wrote above if true is even more stupid than I had feared.

Think about it: an organization that is known by the government to be controlled by foreign powers (and this information is shared with the student council but not the general body for some reason) attacks the most elite training school of magicians in that country (which would be akin to attacking a nuclear weapons site or Langley); the government is aware of this (those men and suit and glasses last episode), but they DO nothing and on top of this they are perfectly unaware of who actually destroyed the enemy?

In what world would this happen? Seriously?
do u ever considered someone backing them up with government level authority did nobody bother to watch episode 4 when tatsuya said something about this and how was tatsuya master not able to find a single piece of information he is a ninja and he did look into tatsuya background did u not see episode 5 as well
oldguestMay 13, 2014 5:29 PM
May 13, 2014 5:27 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

There is a reason why he is OP.......they are going to explain it later. He is not just "awesome" but it's how he utilizes his abilities is "awesome". Just wait for his backstory which is going to be partially shown in episode 8 or 9. I hope you won't chastise him for being smart btw.

Also you may have forgotten a vital reason why they went to attack the terrorist base in the first place instead of leaving it to the police. Sure one of the reasons is, they invaded the siblings personal life and could cause trouble later. But remember the line about leaving everything in police would also cause Mibu and the other students to get arrested. Also what Mibu said and what Mari said were a lot different so there would be a reason behind this. Also there are a few people who will know about him destroying the whole branch so not everyone is going to say he is awesome. He is going to earn that respect in the second arc.

May 13, 2014 5:28 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
do u ever considered someone backing them up with government level authority did nobody bother to watch episode 4 when tatsuya said something about this

Not only did I "consider" it, I stated it in the post you responded to. And that makes even LESS sense than if Blanche had been homegrown.
May 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:
do u ever considered someone backing them up with government level authority did nobody bother to watch episode 4 when tatsuya said something about this

Not only did I "consider" it, I stated it in the post you responded to. And that makes even LESS sense than if Blanche had been homegrown.
how does that make less sense there is always someone behind the scene that controls something and he use the government against themself and of course they would get this info but in this world magic is also hated a pond by many people and want to get rid of it (not just for money)that dont exclude the government because they dont want to be control by the magician they made and they cant just get rid of them because they will lose their protection to foreign threat so they did nothing to stop them and plan to use them to weaken magicians influence and magicians has alot more control in japan than any other country so tatsuya decides to executioner because if they did not cover up this could turn much more worse than that terrorist attack
oldguestMay 13, 2014 5:52 PM
May 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:

May 13, 2014 5:54 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
There is a reason why he is OP.......they are going to explain it later.

As an animation only viewer why should I believe that? What in this adaptation makes you think that they are going to spend any time on it? The novel explained certain things within 20 pages; we are 25% of the way into this series and the adapters haven't cared to make sense of things.

If they don't care, why should we?

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
He is not just "awesome" but it's how he utilizes his abilities is "awesome".
Again, what in this adaption makes you think they are going to show this. They just gave him radar like techniques and infrared vision without foreshadowing or justification. There was nothing about the "use", they just sprung up like nothing. What makes you think the future is going to be any different.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Just wait for his backstory which is going to be partially shown in episode 8 or 9.

You hope. My guess is that 8 will conclude 7 and 9 will be a beach/pool scene.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I hope you won't chastise him for being smart btw.

Depends on what kind of "smart" he is. Smart as in he uses logic to figure things out, or smart like his knowing state secrets without an explanation. First is cool, the second isn't smart, its bad writing.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also you may have forgotten a vital reason why they went to attack the terrorist base in the first place instead of leaving it to the police. Sure one of the reasons is, they invaded the siblings personal life and could cause trouble later. But remember the line about leaving everything in police would also cause Mibu and the other students to get arrested. Also what Mibu said and what Mari said were a lot different so there would be a reason behind this. Also there are a few people who will know about him destroying the whole branch so not everyone is going to say he is awesome. He is going to earn that respect in the second arc.

That isn't a reason, its an excuse. Seriously stop trying to explain things, you are making it worse.

Do you honestly think that the government is ignorant of an international terrorist organization attacking their most prestigious magic school. They showed crowds gathered outside of the school gates. How are they going to cover that up, does Tatsuya have that mind blanking device from MIB?

Do you think that all the students who worked with the terrorists are going to keep quiet about who their leaders were (and Mibu was one, otherwise she wouldn't have been taken to the library)? Or that they all magically learned their lesson and will keep quiet for the "good of the school".

Do you think that the government would say "hey someone wiped out that terrorist branch controlled by a foreign government, cool we can go back to sipping our lattes because vigilantism is okay in my book, no need to investigate."

Nothing in this show hangs together. Maybe it is the fault of the original work, maybe not, but even if it was that isn't an excuse for the adapters. Their job is to tell a coherent story, they are failing miserably.

Edit: Should add, conspiracy is not a "reason" it's an excuse for poor writing. Why does everything happen? It's a conspiracy!
Takuan_SohoMay 13, 2014 6:03 PM
May 13, 2014 6:04 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

That isn't a reason, its an excuse. Seriously stop trying to explain things, you are making it worse.

Do you honestly think that the government is ignorant of an international terrorist organization attacking their most prestigious magic school. They showed crowds gathered outside of the school gates. How are they going to cover that up, does Tatsuya have that mind blanking device from MIB?

Do you think that all the students who worked with the terrorists are going to keep quiet about who their leaders were (and Mibu was one, otherwise she wouldn't have been taken to the library)? Or that they all magically learned their lesson and will keep quiet for the "good of the school".

Do you think that the government would say "hey someone wiped out that terrorist branch controlled by a foreign government, cool we can go back to sipping our lattes because vigilantism is okay in my book, no need to investigate."

Nothing in this show hangs together. Maybe it is the fault of the original work, maybe not, but even if it was that isn't an excuse for the adapters. Their job is to tell a coherent story, they are failing miserably.
oh if this is what u worries hmmm this really depends if they are going to explain the ten master clans to you but if they dont than we have a problem also read my post from above yea the mibu thing is not really reason behind it
May 13, 2014 6:18 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Edit: Should add, conspiracy is not a "reason" it's an excuse for poor writing. Why does everything happen? It's a conspiracy!
how is conspiracy a bad writing i dont get what so bad about it unlike every other show they gave the villain a stupid reason like SAO villain one forgot his motive and second villain i dont know what stupid goal he was trying to achieve oh the villain do have some legit goal that make sense here and i dont mean blanches
May 13, 2014 6:23 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

Excuses? Dude are you just trying complain? Pointing out flaws is one thing but this is getting tiresome. I know my explanation skills are not "Top-notch" quality like yours but excuses? Why just because i like the show. Better call everything you say as excuses to hate then.

All those i said were response to your "Gary Stu" comment. Rather than putting spoilers, you can just see why in the next arc. Well they won't show his abilities completely but at least they will give you a good idea. As for these 6 episodes, it is already said that he can see and understand Magic Sequences and i already told you that "Elemental Sight" let's him view the information dimension or eidos. There aren't any details about it because it was hinted at this arc and explained pretty well in the later arc. He can use specific magic jamming because he can identify magic sequences so yeah they did show us something.

Takuan_Soho said:

You hope. My guess is that 8 will conclude 7 and 9 will be a beach/pool scene.

Wanna bet? How about you tone it down a little if it doesn't turn out to be a pool episode and the same goes for me if it does.

Also about the last thing you pointed out, i put a small part about Ten Master Clans earlier. They didn't completely explain this in the anime but gave some hints about it in episode 3-4. All those bad writing you are talking about, they are explained as the story moves forward. So you can wait for it patiently, read the LNs, drop the whole show altogether or find out plotholes or bad writing each episode. It's your choice.

Sure the anime isn't perfect, cut out a lot of things but it's quite faithful about the chain of events so far. If you see it as excuses so be it.
Dragon_Slayer_XMay 13, 2014 6:28 PM

May 13, 2014 6:26 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
oh if this is what u worries hmmm this really depends if they are going to explain the ten master clans to you but if they dont than we have a problem also read my post from above yea the mibu thing is not really reason behind it

A good conspiracy is like a good mystery, when the explanation comes you should be able to look back on everything that came before and say "wow, how did I miss that". Without that a conspiracy or mystery isn't a reason, it is a rationalization. Nothing either of you have said has suggested that this is going to happen.

One can forgive the writer for changing things as it is being written, but the animators have no excuse. They KNOW what is going to happen and these six (soon to be seven) episodes should be dropping hints and clues pointing towards what is going to happen. Otherwise these episodes are pointless (well, we do know that Miyuki has the hots for Tatsuya, they have made that abundantly clear).
May 13, 2014 6:36 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
how is conspiracy a bad writing i dont get what so bad about it unlike every other show they gave the villain a stupid reason like SAO villain one forgot his motive and second villain i dont know what stupid goal he was trying to achieve oh the villain do have some legit goal that make sense here and i dont mean blanches

Both villains in SAO had easy to explain motives. The first wanted to create a world and then play god in it (a temptation for all writers), and the second villain wanted to prove himself superior to the first villain (who he had always lost to). The first villain was a tragedy, the second villain was a farce. Who knew that the writer knew his Marx!

This is not to say that they make compelling villains, but at least they are understandable villains.

A conspiracy is bad writing because it is a form of deus ex machina. Now there are some very good plays that do have this device, however for the most part it is used as a "get out of plot" card.
May 13, 2014 6:39 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:

A good conspiracy is like a good mystery, when the explanation comes you should be able to look back on everything that came before and say "wow, how did I miss that". Without that a conspiracy or mystery isn't a reason, it is a rationalization. Nothing either of you have said has suggested that this is going to happen.

One can forgive the writer for changing things as it is being written, but the animators have no excuse. They KNOW what is going to happen and these six (soon to be seven) episodes should be dropping hints and clues pointing towards what is going to happen. Otherwise these episodes are pointless (well, we do know that Miyuki has the hots for Tatsuya, they have made that abundantly clear).
yea or some body is not picking up clues they give and throwing it out like trash that some people ask how the hell the terrorist use cast jamming when it is explain in episode 4 their was mineral call antinate and yea i did see the animator has alot of problem cutting explanation and if u complaining of foreshadowing than yea it was a problem the animator made if u saying the first 3 episode and the miyuki has the hots for her bro i cant deny that at this point but i could deny it is not going to go incest
May 13, 2014 6:49 PM
Oct 2012
guestlol said:
yea or some body is not picking up clues they give

Hard to pick up non-existent clues....

guestlol said:
how the hell the terrorist use cast jamming when it is explain in episode 4 their was mineral call antinate

Uhm, because the foreign power supplied it? Like how the USSR supplied weapons to revolutionaries? That would have been a rational conjecture from the evidence provided. However, as I stated above, had the terrorists been completely homegrown, then you might have had a point.

Just out of curiosity. What is your native language? I thought all languages had some sort of written grammatical structure, but I could easily be wrong.
May 13, 2014 6:59 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
guestlol said:
yea or some body is not picking up clues they give

Hard to pick up non-existent clues....

guestlol said:
how the hell the terrorist use cast jamming when it is explain in episode 4 their was mineral call antinate

Uhm, because the foreign power supplied it? Like how the USSR supplied weapons to revolutionaries? That would have been a rational conjecture from the evidence provided. However, as I stated above, had the terrorists been completely homegrown, then you might have had a point.

Just out of curiosity. What is your native language? I thought all languages had some sort of written grammatical structure, but I could easily be wrong.
they do give clues but that is properly the animators fault and well i am not sure if u call them homegrown they are just japan branch of blanche u will find out if they do not cut it out
May 17, 2014 6:19 AM

Aug 2012
Yo. Let's keep the posts on-topic~
This thread is supposed to be about the preview and must be a thread only about the preview. Discussing about some future events is inevitable (eg, Yokohama and Reminiscence arc etc), but please keep it to a minimum.

Please create a new thread if you want to discuss something totally off-topic. ^__^
May 17, 2014 11:10 AM
May 17, 2014 11:20 AM
Apr 2014
Pariston_Hill said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frth_HT_LqE

cool

That looks awesome and the animation looks splendid, MadHouse is doing a fine job.
May 17, 2014 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
Pariston_Hill said:

cool

This is probably my favorite arc from the LN. I just hope they adapt this right. I'm not sure how many episodes though..maybe 8-10 depending on pacing.
May 18, 2014 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
Can't wait till next week! The competition is gonna be great to watch!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 18, 2014 1:29 AM

Jul 2013
AquaWateria said:
Pariston_Hill said:

cool

That looks awesome and the animation looks splendid, MadHouse is doing a fine job.

Took words out of my mouth :)

Though Kanon and Eimi looks a bit different from the LN to me, not that I'm complaining :>

May 18, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
Hello there, Mikihiko!

Whoa, so that's how
actually looks like! Cool!!
May 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
Pariston_Hill said:

cool

Woaah. Very nice.
Can't wait for it.
May 18, 2014 11:13 PM
Feb 2014
Wagh, looking at the sneak peek at the next OP is making me extremely hopeful.

Honestly, while i did not expect too much frm the first arc, it was still rather dispointing. But looking at the clips here and there of the 9SC arc, I can't help but hope for much more than would b safe to expect if i didnt want to face crushing disappointment in case Madhouse screws up (whatever that means...)

Ahhh... whatever it is, I have high high hopes for the coming episodes. Just PLEASE b so good it completely erases the disappointment of the first arc.

At the very least, I'm hoping animation improves much more, cos animation has, to b blunt, pretty bland and action scenes too short so far...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 19, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
Duri1n said:
Wagh, looking at the sneak peek at the next OP is making me extremely hopeful.

I keep hearing people saying that they will change the video of the OP starting next episode. Is there a sneak peek at the new OP?

May 19, 2014 3:43 AM
Aug 2012
May 19, 2014 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Episode 8 preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKm-bMi5GM

Enjoy.

Thanks! So, they'll cover the whole chapter 1 of the 3rd novel in the next episode. There're 14 chapters for the 9SC arc so let's hope this time they know what to keep and what to leave out best. Though most of these are fights which can be done in a short time so I hope it'll be adapted better than enrollment arc.
EasyGo-erMay 19, 2014 4:06 AM

May 19, 2014 4:17 AM

Dec 2011
Nice to see the
scene. We'll be seeing that quite a lot during the 9SC.

Although I'm a bit confused,
May 19, 2014 4:42 AM
Aug 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Episode 8 preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKm-bMi5GM

Enjoy.

Thanks! So, they'll cover the whole chapter 1 of the 3rd novel in the next episode. There're 14 chapters for the 9SC arc so let's hope this time they know what to keep and what to leave out best. Though most of these are fights which can be done in a short time so I hope it'll be adapted better than enrollment arc.

Yeah buddy i hope they adapt this part well too. I am looking forward to Mikihiko's introduction and Erika in a "Traditional Sport Uniform"..........along with Kanon, Isori, Emi, Subaru (the glasses girl next to Emi i guess).

alcrowry said:
Nice to see the
scene. We'll be seeing that quite a lot during the 9SC.

Although I'm a bit confused,

Kirihara activates his magic with the bracelet and invokes the spell on the sword. That's how i have seen it. The most common CADs are bracelet, terminal or gun shaped if i am not mistaken.

May 26, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
Ep 9 Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFHqaduD6ps

I'm curious to see how will they animate all the spirits since I don't remember if it was shown in the LNs.
Anyone wants to guess how much they will adapt for ep 9? I for one, think that they would adapt up to the first quarter of chapter 4, ending in the middle of the accident. Though this would mean it will take 2 chapters for the episode, the ending is perfect that I think they might just go with it.
EasyGo-erMay 26, 2014 3:59 AM

May 26, 2014 6:16 AM
Aug 2012
EasyGo-er said:

I'm curious to see how will they animate all the spirits since I don't remember if it was shown in the LNs.
Anyone wants to guess how much they will adapt for ep 9? I for one, think that they would adapt up to the first quarter of chapter 4, ending in the middle of the accident. Though this would mean it will take 2 chapters for the episode, the ending is perfect that I think they might just go with it.

I am looking forward to seeing Mikihiko's spirit magic animated........well spirits will be shown like spirits i guess, orbs with different colors. I just hope they don't cut down Tatsuya and Mikihiko's conversation.

Cliffhangers has been this anime's specialty..........more than half the episodes ended in cliffhangers.

May 26, 2014 6:32 AM

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:

Looks good.

Really excited for this arc, it's one of my favourites, we get to see the awesome three amigos bond together.

Strong bromance incoming.
May 26, 2014 7:01 AM
Aug 2012
stealthdasher said:
EasyGo-er said:

Looks good.

Really excited for this arc, it's one of my favourites, we get to see the awesome three amigos bond together.

Strong bromance incoming.

Ha Ha you got that right...........this trio is a force to be reckoned with.

Remember that "The sympathy of warriors" line?

May 26, 2014 7:17 AM

Feb 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Ha Ha you got that right...........this trio is a force to be reckoned with.

Remember that "The sympathy of warriors" line?

Yeah that scene gave me a good laugh.
May 26, 2014 2:09 PM
Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:

We get to see Mikihiko and some Mizuki this time. And that magic of Mikihiko looks nicely animated. Really hope MadHouse adapts this arc splendidly.
May 27, 2014 12:20 AM

Dec 2011
Judging from the preview, I guess they wanted to make the 'All hell breaks loose' part as a surprise XD
May 30, 2014 2:04 AM

May 2014
hope they don't cut Aoki's scene.
May 31, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
darkreaperix said:
hope they don't cut Aoki's scene.

He's in the episode.
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140531111625/sonako/images/3/3f/Mahouka_284.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/860/860786/
Seems like it will really end with the cliffhanger of the accident :)
EasyGo-erMay 31, 2014 6:59 AM

Jun 2, 2014 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
Ep 10 preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCN5tmVWo8g

Here you go :)
Not much to say in this one, dat Meido Erika though :3

Jun 2, 2014 3:56 AM
Aug 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Ep 10 preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCN5tmVWo8g

Here you go :)
Not much to say in this one, dat Meido Erika though :3

Looking forward to a certain someone appearing and making an interesting speech........

Also Erika in a maid uniform......looking forward to it.

Jun 2, 2014 7:27 AM
Apr 2014
That special guest appearing.
Jun 2, 2014 7:31 AM

Dec 2011
Another 'calm before storm' episode :)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - 39 minutes ago

12 by Archean-Return »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.