Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 2, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2012
guys chillax it just episode 4, there are more to go.. They might twist it a bit in the anime, both of them might not even bro and sis, i might come on guuyyyzzz
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 2, 2014 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
nyancat2506 said:
guys chillax it just episode 4, there are more to go.. They might twist it a bit in the anime, both of them might not even bro and sis, i might come on guuyyyzzz

Yes it's only 4 episodes, it's perfectly possible for the show to pick up in pace and get more exciting.

It's just that... people were complaining about this since the weak episode 1, and the subsequent episodes... only amplified the problems in the first episode. But once again, first arc was said to be inherently weak even in the LN, so we'll see if arc 2 still carries over the things causing disappointments.
May 2, 2014 8:57 PM

Feb 2009
Aki-moto said:
Yes. In the first episode I thought she was fine, supportive of her brother, and I thought her ice magic had nice potential to be neat. As the series progressed though, she's become more and more horrible of a character.

Every little thing is about her brother. She's constantly blabbing secrets about him and his abilities that shouldn't be said. The scene where she tries to seduce him, kills him because he wasn't responding to her advances, and then plays it off as, "No, it was nothing!" is beyond comprehension. Would you trust someone as volatile as that? Not to mention, she loses control of her power whenever she gets emotional.

Every time they play "we're being lovey-dovey as a "joke" is ridiculous. No normal siblings would do that. It's gotten to the point where I'm irritated every time she's on the screen.

Took the words out of my mouth.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
May 2, 2014 10:31 PM
May 2014
I just watched 1 episode,( but I have finished reading the 6th novel)
The later story will get better, compared to the stage now, which is quite boring.
But I should tell the truth:
Her existence is only to tell other people how strong her brother is.....
I admit the character design is quite good, but her personality is really...
as some people told above.

PS: I don't like her brother either =o=!!!
May 2, 2014 11:55 PM

Feb 2011
I think that Miyuki is a necessary component since Tatsuya is essentially emotionless, She acts as the emotional component in the relationship and if we view Tatsuya and Miyuki as a single person they complete each other in a certain sense (not romantically but character-wise). If we remove her from the equation then the scenes turn into a school-politico anime with monotone main character who has no apparent interest in women. I suppose if Tatsuya's character was different he would be like any other dense harem protagonist, so when I consider this alternative I'll take Miyuki over that anyday.
On another note I don't hate Miyuki, it's just they haven't established any other component of her character aside from her being beautiful, and mega-brocon.
dim100May 2, 2014 11:58 PM
May 3, 2014 5:49 AM
Jan 2014
It's just so sad that the author of this series had to mess up the whole foundation with useless character cliche personality.
May 3, 2014 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
chris2014 said:
I think the problem is that the anime so far has done a piss poor job of portraying Miyuki. By this time, in the LN she has established herself as a goddess, not only in appearance but in the manner in which she expresses herself to the outside world. Everyone wants to be around her because she's talented, beautiful and down to earth. I want to emphasize beautiful because every girl including Mayumi think themselves inferior to her in that sense, yet we don't see that in the anime. Yes she has a major brocon... and so far it's the only thing that we've gotten from her character in the anime. If I was watching this without having read the LN, I probably wouldn't like her much either.

If this is true, I'm truly disappointed in anime adaptations. Why can't they stick true to the LN. After watching episode 4, I hope she dies a horrible death. They haven't really made it clear that she's a "goddess" in the anime and it has left me pondering after some scenes.
May 3, 2014 10:32 AM
Oct 2012
Anon1409 said:
If this is true, I'm truly disappointed in anime adaptations. Why can't they stick true to the LN. After watching episode 4, I hope she dies a horrible death. They haven't really made it clear that she's a "goddess" in the anime and it has left me pondering after some scenes.

Because adapting is hard. The problem isn't that they aren't "sticking true" to the LN, the problem is that the novel has an easier time at explaining things because the writer can use non-verbal words, and if written well the reader will accept long explanations.

Anime can't do that. They have to keep explanations to a minimum because viewers will get bored listening to a bunch of explanations (and this has little to do with short attention spans, but rather the difference between reading and watching).

The best adaptions remain true in spirit, but change things in order to make it easier to watch for the viewer. They combine characters, cut non essential scenes, focus on certain things that are key. That is the art of adapting.

This animation's problem isn't that they aren't sticking to the source, but rather that they are sticking too close instead of adapting the show for the viewer. The worse fault though is what they decided to focus on: Tatsuya's one sided fights and Miyuki being a brocon. Both are in the novel, but there are other things in the novel that blunt the dreariness of those two things. But in this adaption because they are focusing on this at the expense of nearly everything else, there is nothing else but Gary Stu and Sister Doome, and frankly neither of those are not that interesting. SAO's adaption had the same fault.
May 3, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
I don't hate her.
If I got an euro everytime she said "Onee-samaaa~" though...
May 3, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Her overall design and concept is directly up my alley since I have a soft spot for willowy fragile looking Yamato Nadeshiko types with hime cuts that actually hold ridiculous demi-god like levels of power (especially when they are voiced by Saori Hayami), but it'd be nice if her character beyond that was defined by anything other than her brother complex so far.

Basically all the pieces are there for a female lead I can get behind....they just need to fall into place.
May 3, 2014 11:40 AM
Apr 2014
She's in the way of the main protagonist's potential relationships. While anticipating the next plot point, this is the pinnacle of annoying, taboos aside. Maybe even more annoying is he's leading her on without showing much romantic chemistry with other supporting characters. SIGH.

I hope Tatsuya squashes this so something less cliche can happen. This scores no points just for being taboo.

For better or worse, there's drama created with Tatsuya always thinking to himself his sister has the wrong idea while he continues to permit her destructive behavior. As of this writing I've only seen 4 eps.
May 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
This animation's problem isn't that they aren't sticking to the source, but rather that they are sticking too close instead of adapting the show for the viewer. The worse fault though is what they decided to focus on: Tatsuya's one sided fights and Miyuki being a brocon. Both are in the novel, but there are other things in the novel that blunt the dreariness of those two things. But in this adaption because they are focusing on this at the expense of nearly everything else, there is nothing else but Gary Stu and Sister Doome, and frankly neither of those are not that interesting. SAO's adaption had the same fault.

I disagree with you here, this anime has done quite a good job regarding adapting source material so far. I think they have tried to the best of their ability to appeal to the watcher while at the same time being fair to the source material.

You saying Tatsuya being a Gary Stu is from your own perspective on how you perceive a Gary Stu to be. I personally see a Gary Stu as being as a character of perfection and I do not see Tatsyua as being perfect. Tatsuya's one-sided fights in the first arc are there to convey that he is one of the strongest magicians in the school despite being a weed. I think it is a bit unfair to call him a Gary Stu just from viewing the early fights in this anime series. When you watch this you need to keep in mind that there is that bigger world out there other than just this school which the first arc takes place in, a world where magicians from multiple countries are considered to be equivalent to weapons and monsters. There are magicians out there who can compete with Tatsuya and that there are those who are stronger than him. These magicians will come to play later in the series.

Regarding Miyuki, yes she is a brocon. You will have to bear with it. Though I think it is still to early to judge her character completely as we have yet to go in depth with her and yet to see any character development. Though in the end it is still up to your own perspective.

Also I don't see this making the same mistake SAO did in overly focusing on the main two characters if they stick to the source material. In the first arc we had our supporting characters introduced and they will appear more in the later arcs where they will play bigger roles as they also have their own stories.
AzlanMay 8, 2014 8:13 AM
May 3, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 2012
stealthdasher said:
I disagree with you here, this anime has done quite a good job regarding adapting source material so far. I think they have tried to the best of their ability to appeal to the watcher while at the same time being fair to the source material.

Everything you wrote is based upon you knowing things that you have read. My POV is from only watching the first four episodes. So while Tatsuya may not end up being a Gary Stu, based on the first four episodes what else would someone who hasn't read the novel think? Same with Miyuki.

As for the quality of adapting. The animation shouldn't require the viewer to read the novels in order to appreciate it, and adaption should be able to stand on its own. This show hasn't done it, the only reason you like it is because you have read the novels. I read the first 2 chapters after last episode and there are so many things that the animation could have done to make the first 4 episodes so much better. I touched upon a couple last episode so I will not repeat myself, but this has been a bad adaptation.

As for the comparison to SAO, it also had the problem of relying too much on the viewers to cover up their inability to tell a straight story (this is why so many viewers only complained about the first 4 episodes). It also sacrificed humor and exposition in favor of fanservice, something that got far worse in the second series. I am hoping that will not be the case here, but after 4 episodes we don't know.
May 3, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Everything you wrote is based upon you knowing things that you have read. My POV is from only watching the first four episodes. So while Tatsuya may not end up being a Gary Stu, based on the first four episodes what else would someone who hasn't read the novel think? Same with Miyuki.

As for the quality of adapting. The animation shouldn't require the viewer to read the novels in order to appreciate it, and adaption should be able to stand on its own. This show hasn't done it, the only reason you like it is because you have read the novels. I read the first 2 chapters after last episode and there are so many things that the animation could have done to make the first 4 episodes so much better. I touched upon a couple last episode so I will not repeat myself, but this has been a bad adaptation.

As for the comparison to SAO, it also had the problem of relying too much on the viewers to cover up their inability to tell a straight story (this is why so many viewers only complained about the first 4 episodes). It also sacrificed humor and exposition in favor of fanservice, something that got far worse in the second series. I am hoping that will not be the case here, but after 4 episodes we don't know.

I understand that your an anime only watcher and I wasn't exactly trying to offend you as your impressions are quite understandable.

I didn't say you had to read the novels to appreciate it. I think this anime has done a good job regarding the adaptation and you can watch and enjoy it without reading the novels. Also I like the anime because I think it has done quite a good job adapting the light novel I'm a fan of. The fact that you want things done differently in the first 4 episodes is your personal preference and it doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad, though the fact that you think it is is your opinion.

The first arc for this is an introduction so we haven't really got that deep into story yet. We are though are given an idea of the conflicts in the world and that they will come to play later on. Also regarding fan-service I think it depends on your personal perspective on what it is, for me I personally think Mahouka's had little fan-service so far. Though if you are referring to that one scene in episode 3 I can explain to you the other side of it if you want, you may already know though.
AzlanMay 8, 2014 8:11 AM
May 3, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
She's not got any personality besides yandere-level jealous boner fest over her utterly personalityless brother. There's literally no reason to like her, unless she gets you into a boner fest too.
May 3, 2014 1:39 PM
Oct 2012
stealthdasher said:
I understand that your an anime only watcher and I wasn't exactly trying to offend you

Why would I be offended because you didn't agree with me?

stealthdasher said:
I didn't say you had to read the novels to appreciate it. I think this anime has done a good job regarding the adaptation and you can watch and enjoy it without reading the novels.

Not sure how many viewer only here would agree with you on this. Most of the comments here from them have been pretty negative. The positive comments have been almost exclusively from readers. This would suggest that reading the novels is necessary to enjoying the show.

stealthdasher said:
The fact that you want things done differently in the first 4 episodes is your personal preference and it doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad

All aesthetic judgements are personal opinions. You statement your opinion, I state mind, and either one converts the other or they don't. That is what a conversation is. Or, one states their opinion for others who are reading to either agree or disagree with.

Things from the novel I would have changed in the first episode are as follows:
1) I think they should have done a better job explaining why the elites hate the weeds. The animation did not give an explanation outside of "they just do" whereas the novel does give a reason. A good adaption could have explained all this with a single line. If it would have done this it would have explained better why the VP was mad, why what the President did was brave. The motivation given was far too weak.

2) I think they should have shown the car scene (when Tatsuya and Miyuki left the ninja dojo to go to school. It would have established Miyuki's power at the start, and showed that Tatsuya helps to keep her contained, at it would have been a non-jealousy scene. This would have made Miyuki more sympathetic, help give a non-idolizing reason for her feelings, and made the jealousy scenes from last episode easier to swallow.

3) I think they should have spent a little bit more time on establishing the friends personality, particularly Erika. In the novel she is far more interesting, less so in the animation.

4) I would have cut the part explaining Mizuki until this episode. That was a wasted scene in that it wasn't mentioned again until this episode. It also became weird because Tatsuya talks about having to be careful around her, and then next is show explaining his power to her last episode and this episode. For first time viewers it made no sense. Its like in episode 2 Kirito leaves Asuna because he wants to go solo, and then in the next episode he is trying hard to join a group but his love gets killed, and then in the next episode he is helping loli girls. That's a lot of jerking around if you hadn't read the novels.

All this could have been done easily in the time allotted to the episode.

Now of course you could say that you don't think this would have help, but the thing about opinions are that having them means little it is being able to explain them that gives them meaning.
May 3, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Why would I be offended because you didn't agree with me?

My mistake. It seemed your response was that I was basing what I said directly from my knowledge of the novel when most of it was evident in the anime episodes. I though you took some kind of offence at me being a reader.

Takuan_Soho said:
Not sure how many viewer only here would agree with you on this. Most of the comments here from them have been pretty negative. The positive comments have been almost exclusively from readers. This would suggest that reading the novels is necessary to enjoying the show.

Well there have been positive and negative comments, it's common with popular shows . Though I think a lot of people do like this series than dislike it though. It must be doing something right to get a positive reception. Most anime only watchers are enjoying it as well I guess, so no you don't really need to read the novels to enjoy the show.

Takuan_Soho said:
All aesthetic judgements are personal opinions. You statement your opinion, I state mind, and either one converts the other or they don't. That is what a conversation is. Or, one states their opinion for others who are reading to either agree or disagree with.

I'm not trying to convert you, just stating my opinion.

Takuan_Soho said:
1) I think they should have done a better job explaining why the elites hate the weeds. The animation did not give an explanation outside of "they just do" whereas the novel does give a reason. A good adaption could have explained all this with a single line. If it would have done this it would have explained better why the VP was mad, why what the President did was brave. The motivation given was far too weak.

I remember reading this in ep 4 discussion thread:
Takuan_Soho said:
Yes, but every good adaption has to take liberties with the text because you don't have the time to explain all the details to the viewer. If this point becomes important later, then it would be unacceptable, but if it doesn't then it does a great job at explaining why the VP and other Discipline member hate the weeds so much and why the President nominating a weed was so bad.

And in general it does explain things correctly, the blooms are elite, the weeds are there in case the blooms fail. That is the whole reason for the weeds existence, they serve as a constant reminder of the blooms to not screw up, putting pressure on the blooms. That is why the blooms hate the weeds.
It seems to me you understood Elites hating Weeds quite finely judging by this post you made in the episode 4 discussion thread. Thus hasn't the adaptation done it's job conveying the message to you regarding this.

Takuan_Soho said:
2) I think they should have shown the car scene (when Tatsuya and Miyuki left the ninja dojo to go to school. It would have established Miyuki's power at the start, and showed that Tatsuya helps to keep her contained, at it would have been a non-jealousy scene. This would have made Miyuki more sympathetic, help give a non-idolizing reason for her feelings, and made the jealousy scenes from last episode easier to swallow.

Miyuki's power was still shown in episode 1 at the sibling's house scene, it was just a bit more subtle than in the car. In episode 1 they moved the car conversation regarding the phone call from their parents to the scene in the Shiba Siblings house and you still see Miyuki's anger regarding their parents treatment towards Tatsuya and Tatsuya still calms her down. I liked this directing decision as it took out the other unimportant scene in the house and replaced it and the decision also saved time and money in animating an unnecessary scene.

Takuan_Soho said:
3) I think they should have spent a little bit more time on establishing the friends personality, particularly Erika. In the novel she is far more interesting, less so in the animation.

Yeah I too would of liked more Erika scenes she is my third favourite character. The anime does though have to sacrifice some scenes I guess. Though it was good they kept conversation between them both in episode 3 while viewing the Fencing Club demonstrations, it showed us a bit into Erika's character.

Takuan_Soho said:
4) I would have cut the part explaining Mizuki until this episode. That was a wasted scene in that it wasn't mentioned again until this episode. It also became weird because Tatsuya talks about having to be careful around her, and then next is show explaining his power to her last episode and this episode. For first time viewers it made no sense. Its like in episode 2 Kirito leaves Asuna because he wants to go solo, and then in the next episode he is trying hard to join a group but his love gets killed, and then in the next episode he is helping loli girls. That's a lot of jerking around if you hadn't read the novels.

I didn't really mind it being there. Tatsuya was quite worried she may find out his hidden powers with her abilities. I guess they chose to keep it to show that their was more to Tatsuya than meets the eye. Though still no one so far other than Miyuki knows his true powers, not even Mizuki. Though I must say I do find that SAO comparison a bit amusing.

Takuan_Soho said:
Now of course you could say that you don't think this would have help, but the thing about opinions are that having them means little it is being able to explain them that gives them meaning.

Well these are my opinions. You are free to see them however you wish.
AzlanMay 8, 2014 8:28 AM
May 4, 2014 3:17 PM
Mar 2014
Aki-moto said:
Yes. In the first episode I thought she was fine, supportive of her brother, and I thought her ice magic had nice potential to be neat. As the series progressed though, she's become more and more horrible of a character.

Every little thing is about her brother. She's constantly blabbing secrets about him and his abilities that shouldn't be said. The scene where she tries to seduce him, kills him because he wasn't responding to her advances, and then plays it off as, "No, it was nothing!" is beyond comprehension. Would you trust someone as volatile as that? Not to mention, she loses control of her power whenever she gets emotional.

Every time they play "we're being lovey-dovey as a "joke" is ridiculous. No normal siblings would do that. It's gotten to the point where I'm irritated every time she's on the screen.

This, exactly this. I have no problem with the incest but she's just a cunt and is annoying every time she's on screen. The moments where she supports her brother are nice, like when she recommends him during the council meeting. But when she goes all bitchy how dare you have a cell phone number, it's extremely unappealing and irritating.
May 4, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
the brother complex is not even the biggest problem, everything she does because of it is.

very important meeting with the school committee, that is important to both tatsuya and the school itself. lets use magic to freeze shit because some trivial little thing happend.

oh no my brother flirted with someone without that even meaning anything. lets straight up hurt him at home with magic that would probably kill if it was not tatsuya

oh no my brother exchanged private numbers with another female student. grrr he will pay for it.

really fun series otherwise but man she is pushing it ...
xSanoxMay 4, 2014 3:56 PM
May 7, 2014 2:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Incest in anime is always a plus

That being said I haven't found anything particularly great about this girl in question
May 7, 2014 2:14 AM

Apr 2014
HaXXspetten said:

That being said I haven't found anything particularly great about this girl in question

I would definitely agree with you there. She has a weak personality and basically useless without her brother even though I have no problem with her love for her brother.
May 7, 2014 2:24 AM

Dec 2013
My major issue with Miyuki is that the way her love for her brother is played for comedic value. Getting jealous for even the slightest mention of a girl got old real quick. I think if she was written a little more like (I can't believe I'm saying this) Suguha from Sword Art Online, I personally would like her a lot more. I hate the way she has been written so far in the anime is the best way I could put it. Still a long way to go before the show is over, so my opinion could easily change.
May 7, 2014 2:52 AM
Aug 2012
RomeoXD said:
HaXXspetten said:

I would definitely agree with you there. She has a weak personality and basically useless without her brother even though I have no problem with her love for her brother.

Miyuki is useless? Just see the next 2 episodes......

She isn't just a weak girl who needs to be protected all the time.

May 7, 2014 8:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think most of this bro-con & sis-con act isnt being well understood. Not that it is about anyone's fault... There is deeper meaning towards why Tatsuya loves his sister like he does (and she is everything for him because of), and on the past Miyuki came to be like these towards her brother, also because what happened on that past!!
Knowing the facts, I may say, it seems very logical to me.
Also I dont see any incest in here, dont over react, there is nothing off those scenes to classify this as incest.
In a matter of though, I find they sister-brother bond to be very warming, they care for eachother deeply, as brothers!!
And I hope one day Tatsuya can ride of his "curse" and find another meaningfull person, same for Miyuki.
May 7, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
She is the main reason this show is 6/10 in my book.
May 7, 2014 4:21 PM
Feb 2013
Yup I definetely don't like her, she is very annoying. I don't mind incest but clingy, possesive, obssesive and annoying characters just piss me off
May 8, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2013
I wonder why it's not occurring to people that her obsessive, overbearing feelings might just be her overcompensating for something. There doesn't even have to be spoilers but these kinds of behavior always seem like they might have a cause. At this point, people who are interested in the story should be wondering if she has a psychological problem or something and not blindly hating her, I think.
May 8, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2008
Tatsuya's personality is counteracting Miyuki's jealously which keeps me interested in watching the series, a pervert brother would turn this series into a serius harem anime :P
May 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
Ok so my post was randomly deleted.

Guess we can't express our hate even though that's what the thread is about. Fucking ridiculous.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 8, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
millie10468 said:
I wonder why it's not occurring to people that her obsessive, overbearing feelings might just be her overcompensating for something. There doesn't even have to be spoilers but these kinds of behavior always seem like they might have a cause. At this point, people who are interested in the story should be wondering if she has a psychological problem or something and not blindly hating her, I think.

Nah, I wonder if you ever think that such behaviour is not acceptable regardless the circumstances, especially they are blood-related siblings. Later, the anime will/might present you the reason...Yes, it is still not acceptable.

Playcool said:
I think most of this bro-con & sis-con act isnt being well understood. Not that it is about anyone's fault... There is deeper meaning towards why Tatsuya loves his sister like he does (and she is everything for him because of), and on the past Miyuki came to be like these towards her brother, also because what happened on that past!!
Knowing the facts, I may say, it seems very logical to me.
Also I dont see any incest in here, dont over react, there is nothing off those scenes to classify this as incest.
In a matter of though, I find they sister-brother bond to be very warming, they care for eachother deeply, as brothers!!
And I hope one day Tatsuya can ride of his "curse" and find another meaningfull person, same for Miyuki.

It is incest vibe, the fact that Miyuki wants her brother "stick" cannot be denied.
May 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
I don't like her, but not hate her. Hate is a stong word. At the first episode's beginning I thought Miyuki's and Tatsuya's sibling relationship is heartwarming, because of the way they get along. It was sweet of her to state, that her brother is a talented magician afterwards. But later on the show kinda takes advantage of her sweet nature. Up until now for what can I remember every single scene Miyuki had was related to her brother, how she adores him and all. It's really irritating. It's like she's just a bland character with a kind personality, a good reputation at school and a massive brother complex. It's annoying to see her jealous reaction of any girl Tatsuya had a contact with. I personally don't like incest, but this a different character case. Maybe she'll get some development done along the way. The show will be 26 ep long. But now I really can't stand her as a whole character.
May 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
I skimmed thought the first chapter of the manga before the anime was made, and so I know what her personality is like. The anime just made it worse x10
May 10, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2011
What I dislike the most about her character is the lack of her own character that doesn't revolve around her brother.And it seems like she has only one notable trait........So far of course,knowing that this problem could be dealt with later in the LN.
And there are some small things about her that irk me as well.

I don't care if she want her own brother to fuck her in the ass & give her his baby-making sperm as long as it not just incest for the sake of incesty fanservice.I just want a GOOD LIKABLE character from her.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
May 10, 2014 8:09 PM
Jun 2010
I just like to put out there that there's a manga that is from Miyuki, Honoka, and Shizuku's perspective called Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei. It cover parts not from the LN since the LN focus mainly on Tatsuya.

Unfortunately as to why Miyuki is such a bro-con won't be cover until after the 2nd arc (if there are filler episodes,) or until after the final arc of the anime. But it is cover in this manga adaptation.

I like the way the manga portrays Mayumi because it really shows her personality, unlike the adaptation which utterly killed it =(
LazyLuongMay 10, 2014 8:15 PM
May 11, 2014 12:38 AM
Jan 2010
Just like how the anime emphasized Kirino's tsun side in Oreimo, Miyuki suffers from the production team emphasizing her devotion for her ONIISAMA.
May 11, 2014 12:41 AM
Oct 2010
She's annoying as hell honestly.
May 11, 2014 1:18 AM
Sep 2011
Skyray said:
She's a bit annoying, but that's not the main issue.

The main issue is that she's more of an extension of the Gary Stu main character than anything.

She doesn't have any notable purpose in the show other than to dote on the main character, someone with no real impact to the plot but have so much screen time obviously will draw a lot of hate.

Actually she pretty much drives the main storyline of the books, which is the relationship with Tat and Miyu with the rest of their family.

First few arcs really are fairly pointless in the books. Even the next arc while being more entertaining then the first arc, is still pretty pointless
May 11, 2014 2:04 AM
Apr 2014
Im not prettt fond of her character; to me Erika stand out the most base on personality.
May 12, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
They should just brainwash her and give Tatsuya the opportunity to get some romance with the other girls :)
May 13, 2014 4:47 AM

Jan 2009
Those who based their judgment on the Light Novels are overwhelmingly positive about her - she is topping the popularity polls with ease.

The anime however removed all "inner dialogues" of her, making her look like nothing more than a shallow jelous brocon imouto.
May 17, 2014 1:48 AM
Feb 2014
kinda understand everyone's feelings here as a LN reader. How many times i have gotten mad at her?

Through shes not that weak..... Shes the goddamn Ice Queen...
I spent my time here nowadays: [url=forums.spacebattles.com]Spacebattles Forums[/url]

Its been a while since I came to MAL. Ignore my old posts please, they were dumb.
May 17, 2014 2:42 AM
Apr 2014
It's kinda hard to show in the anime that she is supposed to be the envy of all women and stuff like that. That's why her bro-con side is emphasized more.
(I mean they can show in the anime monologues and stuff but that will take so long.)
(NEXT arc will probably showcase her 'beauty' better maybe.)
May 17, 2014 5:09 AM
Apr 2014
The first time I read Mahouka, she is cute little sister who would occationally make mistake but she always wish for her brother's sake..........

but then everything changed when the fire nation attack I realized Mahouka is a serious type novel and everything so far wasn't a joke but the REAL DEAL!

Then I saw her in new light and started to question whether she "love" him or it was all just to satisfy her superiority complex? (and indeed she has SC. You will see how she actually treat others when she abandon her Ojou mask......... "All are trash, not worthing my attention.")

Think about it. If she LOVE him..... would she try to make him stand out when she already know that will put him in danger? (no danger for her because Her majesty Miyuki couldn't be touched)
Or it wasn't that she love him BUT she can't stand the fact that someone she sees as a superior being was treated like a lowly person........ which should be equal to tainting her elite pride?

There still more darkness in her than Anime haven't touched but she's definitely not a typical brainless yandere bracon imouto....... she's more a sly, ruthless, manipulative tyrant.
Acting cute and silly was how she can continue playing with her favorite possession-the only living creature she deem superior than herself-, her brother.
May 17, 2014 9:09 AM

May 2014
laughmore said:
She's in the way of the main protagonist's potential relationships. While anticipating the next plot point, this is the pinnacle of annoying, taboos aside. Maybe even more annoying is he's leading her on without showing much romantic chemistry with other supporting characters. SIGH.

I hope Tatsuya squashes this so something less cliche can happen. This scores no points just for being taboo.

For better or worse, there's drama created with Tatsuya always thinking to himself his sister has the wrong idea while he continues to permit her destructive behavior. As of this writing I've only seen 4 eps.

May 18, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
She would have been fine if she allowed her brother to have a relationship and being less clingy.
May 25, 2014 8:06 AM
Feb 2013
I love her in every aspect.
May 25, 2014 8:07 AM
Feb 2013
ShanaFlame said:
She would have been fine if she allowed her brother to have a relationship and being less clingy.

She loves her brother.
Your post doesn't make sense.
May 25, 2014 10:56 AM
Jun 2013
Incest doesn't bother me.
Miyuki does >.>

She really doesn't seem to have any personality at all, even less so than Tatsuay, and that's saying something :T
May 25, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2011
Yes I hate Miyuki.
She gets riled up too easily, and just blarrrgh overall.
May 26, 2014 2:01 AM

May 2012
I dont think shes an annoying character so I dont get why people hate her so much despite knowing the real deal or atleast watch the story progress. Its like how people hate Fuwa Aika from ZnT then in one episodes where she come out and become a badass, Bang ! suddenly everyone loves her...

although to be honest I can say that Miyuki character is kinda bland. SO FAR. but its not like she should be hated. and lets hope she get more charac development next episodes.. which i hope

CherryAqua said:
I don't like her, but not hate her. Hate is a stong word..

exactly.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.