Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2010
Somewhat disappointed. the first episode was quite dynamic and interesting, but the second one really lacked action and decent story.
Apr 16, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 2013
Xancia said:
Is that Ren-chon?

Thought the exact same thing XD
Apr 16, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Okay episode. I just wish more action is put into it, and that more of the Soul Eater casts appear :/

Apr 16, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2009
One thing that really REALLY bothers me about this anime. Is that setting is so fucked it's unbelievably stupid. This is supposed to be death city, in the Middle of the American Desert. But yet the setting goes from 17th century European style buildings to open Market place with fruits and vegetables. And then the worst but of all is everyone is Eating Japanese foods and anya Brought nothing but Japanese antique goods??

What in the hell is going on? No wonder bones refused to adapt this manga, this shit is a disgrace to the even the setting of Soul eater.
Apr 16, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
This was better than the first episode, but I hope it gets even better.
Apr 17, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2010
Had to watch one more episode to confirm how bad this was.... it's pretty bad. Lives up to it's title. dropped :3
Apr 17, 2014 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
Nice ep, a good reminder that I need a part-time job.
Had a good laugh at Meme's being a sleeping brawler.
Pretty underwhelming ep. Other than the housemaster being a big creeper, there wasn't much to take out of it, Hoping the pacing will pick up in the next episode

Apr 17, 2014 4:57 AM

Oct 2013
tankoubon-feind said:
that was pretty painful to watch...i might have to drop this depending on what happens next week. the character designs aren't bad but the way they're portrayed/animated is just horrendous and i hope it improves/

You're right it was really painful to watch.. i don't know how some people can think this is good, seriously.
Apr 17, 2014 5:24 AM

Sep 2012
Well I liked the episode. Felt like a slice of life series.
Apr 17, 2014 8:59 AM
Nov 2013
Moe overload!!
Apr 17, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2011
Good episode for me at least. I enjoyed it.
Some new (and really weird) characters. I loved the psychopath and her "fight" with Meme XD So fun XD. The job they took looks fun and Anya is really into it lol.
Awesome ep in overall, also seems like there are going to be some real fight scenes and I cant wait to see them x3
Apr 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2013
katsu044 said:
The_Bif said:
Not an all together horrible episode, but this one remains in danger of dropping. This is only the second episode and felt like filler, I've never read the spin-off manga so I guess this may have happened but it just seemed pointless. It was really boring. If it's anything like the original Soul Eater, it'll take a while to get good, it took SE a season and a half to really get good imo.

Here's hoping it improves soon.
if you're thinking this is gonna be like soul eater you're gonna have a bad time :P though i'd like to think something remotely interesting will happen in the later episodes.

It's not that I expect this to be like Soul Eater, the title pretty much says "this is NOT Soul Eater". I was just stating that SE took forever to get really good, and this is probably going to be similar. So far I'm not impressed, it's too slice of life-y for me.

lovelyphantom said:
The_Bif said:
Not an all together horrible episode, but this one remains in danger of dropping. This is only the second episode and felt like filler, I've never read the spin-off manga so I guess this may have happened but it just seemed pointless. It was really boring. If it's anything like the original Soul Eater, it'll take a while to get good, it took SE a season and a half to really get good imo.

Here's hoping it improves soon.

Some of it was filler. In the manga you never got to see Anya actually spend the money or sell her broach. Last episode you didn't get introduced to Death the Kid until around chapter 8 or so,, and Soul and Maka's demonstration didn't happen until chapter 3 or 4 (it's been awhile, my memory is a little foggy).

However, despite the divergence, I can tell you that it does pick up. Especially when Liz and Patti are working at the café due to community service. Oh and when Kid (officially) appears, it's quite funny. He has the power of hypnosis.. LOL.

This episode was cute, and I finally got to see one of my favorite moments in the spin off manga, Anya scene in her maid uniform. So cute. Though I can't wait for it to pick up. I want to see Kiddo...

Thanks for the tip, and I hope it really does pick up and get interesting. It just seems way too slice of life-y. It's categorized as Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Shounen, & Supernatural... Here's my breakdown so far, and I know 2 episodes is too early for this, but here goes: Action, it's had a little. Seems like it will be very light on the action, but that's ok if the story is good enough. Comedy, so far it's not really been funny at all. Couple of ok jokes/gags have been spotted, but so far nothing really funny. Ecchi, honestly I don't care either way with this bit. Shounen, I've seen nothing that implies Shounen thus far. Supernatural, that's a no brainer. There is, however, plenty of the one category this show isn't in- Slice of Life. Please tell me it gets better and breaks away from this crap?
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 17, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Any idea when the full opening song will be out ? For some reason I love it so much. Gives that ClariS vibe.
Apr 18, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
Maid outfits !!!

Dat friendship.

Get to see some Akane and Clay action next week + The Witch in the Girls Dorm : 0
Apr 18, 2014 11:39 PM

Mar 2013
... First episode is awesome.
but somehow this episode is kinda dull to me.
Hope there will be more actions. >_<
Apr 19, 2014 1:10 AM

Mar 2014
this episode obviously dropped in animation quality compared to the first :L

i really wish Kyo-ani could have gotten this... Moe, fights, and a budget? epic.
Apr 19, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
Soul Eater Not is just another SoL with moe girls. Don't be deceived just because it has "Soul Eater" in the title and takes place in the same setting, has a little bit of action, and minor appearances by Soul Eater characters. (Or atleast so far. I can't imagine this becoming serious.)

Though it has some spoilers since:

And Clay and Akane appear as minor supporting characters in the Soul Eater manga.

Though these facts actually don't play much of a role in the manga anyway. :P

I wonder if that family crest will become something important in the future to the plot, since it looks like she traded it for the tanuki and I can't imagine anything good coming out of that.
Apr 19, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was fine.....
Apr 19, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2012
anya = best girl
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 19, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Boring episode.
Apr 20, 2014 9:08 AM
Apr 2014
All I see is a generic moe anime with cliche anime characters and cliche anime names taking place in the soul eater world. They're obviously trying to pull in some of the fans of the original series with all the cameos in the first episode. Jeez if your gonna do a spin-off, at least have the art style stay the same.
Apr 20, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
Madcat6204 said:
batman_nananana said:
It's funny because

Can we assume that, Soul Eater Not! is a prequel because Patty and Liz aren't Kid's weapons yet?

How odd, I dont recall Akane and Clay mentioning anything about protecting Tsugumi's group in the manga... Thanks to fan scanlators dropping the manga after only 13 chapters, I never got to know the whole story but I wonder if their time at Shibusen is entirely to protect them or maybe just Anya.
Apr 20, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
I consider myself a hero i did manage to watch the 1st 8 min. After that instantly added to dropped list. Yay
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 24, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
That was cute. It could get repetitive, I hope they don't fall in that trap. I will see next episode if I should or not continue it (even if in the end, I rarely drop a show after 3 episodes :P ).

Damn, I'm not really a maid fan, but these were fucking cute xD

The two guys apparition were a bit useless, I thought there would be some interaction between the girl group and the two boys. Are they a reference to the original serie?

That dorm seem hard to live in, between a psycho owner and a sneaky bully, they will have to take a lot of part-time job :P

I like the ED. It's cheerful, it make me happy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 25, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2009
This is proving to be much better than I was expecting. Anya is <3

I love me some "GAGANTOUS!"
May 1, 2014 5:04 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Stereotypes galore and things already seen and magazines, but he knows sell very well in this series, a gentle hobby to relax without asking too much.
Drawings dropped a bit, but I can not judge too much here because of me, the series is licensed and you can only see through a single source, if you do not want to "use", so to speak, an outside vendor! XD
However, the character design is cute and gardevole, I am satisfied, although not the Soul Eater that everyone expected.
Secondary characters very nice, pleasant time spent in showing an overview of Dead City.
May 2, 2014 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
She keeps saying it, but what is "Gagantous" meant to mean?
May 14, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2012
11:17 dat A

13:43 u sure?

NOT SE!
7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 21, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
Family crest for a tanuki. Sounds like a fair deal haha :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 12, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
i think death the kid would like Anya she seems symmetrical

lol Josephine has balls
Nov 21, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2012
Another fun episode, quite like the overall pacing so let's see what happens next!
May 9, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2014
So Ms. Misery isn't the witch, but Kim is? Wait, Kim is a witch?! Or did she just say that because Kim is mean? And also...That was KIM?!?! I didn't recognize her at all! I thought she was just some random pink haired girl...

Ms. Misery really is psycho though xD Anya's reaction when she woke up and saw Tsugumi tied up with that other girl sleeping next to her was funny. xD
Jan 10, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2012
this is progressing slowly nice room.

Mar 20, 2017 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
This show looks tons better compared to how some close-minded fan-boys want to make it look.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Nov 8, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is focused more toward Anya, though her personality still ticks me off, I guess it's not that it's a big deal anyway. It was hilarious seeing her being roasted by that loli fortune teller, and it was cute how enthusiastic she was whilst working at Deathbucks cafe!

If you just focus on the moe part without expecting any action Soul Eater-style, then it makes a pretty great slice of life show!

Apr 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Dec 2018
So they choose a psycho as a housemaster,lol.

Anya sold her family crest so easily, just to buy that kind of stuff? She's a spoiled kid I guess, that's why.

Nice, we got to see Kim with her love of money as always.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 1, 2019 2:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode in its genre, yeah it is absolutely not like Soul Eater but it's good for a CGDCT
Nov 4, 2021 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
I thought that they're in America... like everything in town is stereotypical Japanese stuff: tanuki, maneki neko, daruma, ramune.

I know nothing about Kim but can tell she's based.
Mar 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Nov 2010
Nice action scene against that crazy dorm mother. Sleeping fist technique?
Anya looks pretty in that waitress uniform!
She enjoys working, huh? I can't relate. I despise working so much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.