Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2008 1:27 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was the final episode in answering the Watanagashi-hen arc and i must say, it ties most of the events nicely together. I actually didnt understand that arc and didnt like it much but .. well now i get it.

But who was the one that appears out of no wear to stab Kei at the end of Watanagashi-hen ?
Feb 16, 2008 7:24 PM

Jul 2007
A little late on this, but, w/e:

This episode finally made me understand stuff in this show for the first time. At times before, I was already considering a re-watch because I was so completely lost :p Anyway, cool stuff! Curious on how it will continue from here..
Mar 11, 2008 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
xo_cl2 said:
But who was the one that appears out of no wear to stab Kei at the end of Watanagashi-hen ?

Yeah exactly... Instead of answering it gave me just more questions... If Shion died falling from up there who the hell was it stabbing Kei? Mion was already dead in the well and it was impossible for Shion to surviva that fall. Maybe they messed it up and the scriptwriters got lost themselves? It's possible since we have that stuff with Tanako (or whatever her name was), as Ooishi said her body was burnt 24 hours after death and that while she was on the fetival she should already have been dead. That wasn't explained at all...
Mar 11, 2008 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
You probably don't want to read this if you haven't at least gotten to the second half of kai.

Mar 13, 2008 2:05 PM

Jan 2008
I see your point however I still wonder what would be the reason for Mion to assault him? Besides she said she couldn't keep the promise she gave him (and thats to save his life i think) which was said by Shion. Well sometimes it's better to not know ;)
Apr 16, 2008 3:11 AM

Feb 2008
Even though you put up the spoiler tag, I still read it. And wasn't convinced since I haven't yet watched Kai. Still, I'm waiting for the DVD releases of it.

Well, it ends up this chapter in this episode. Still has many questions left unanswered. XD
Jun 9, 2008 6:39 AM

Oct 2007
hmm... surprising.. I was expecting them to explain the last scene of this arc [when Shion kills Kei]. I mean, after all this and after knowing that Shion got out of there like that, I was expecting something less logical for the 'corpe' of Shion outside the hospital than to the killing of Kei.

I mean, I couldn't explain the 'Shion's body' dead in from of the hospital, but I though Shion could had get Mion's body back so she could fake her own death and remain alive.

Even if what you said up there it's true ... there's a big BUG on this story, when she was getting back to her room she was with Mion's clothes, but at ep 8 she's dead with SHION's clothes. Unless someone changed her clothes after she died, this is a bug on the story, and there was no point on changing her clothes.

they could have left Shion's body the mistery, and end this ep with her killing Kei. Shion's body could have been explained with many possible explanations, Shion's killing Kei... hallucination sounds like a lame excuse =XXX

Edit:

Ohh .. and why did she let Kei alive and then decided to kill him? What was that part on the hospital supposed to mean when Shion is alone 'hallucinating'? Was the dough of the curse? as Mion told her no one on the village was doing it, she was getting afraid of the curse?

"I can't be here anymore" <- this would sound right if her death was suicide, but she fell, so it's not like she wanted to die =x

"I did it in time" .. what? convinced herself that 4 ppl had to die from the Curse? since when was there a time limit? isn't this one a bit off, no really explanation why the hell whould she say this

"Praise me Satoshi-kun" <- bleh, this was not the reason to kill Kei, Mion was already dead, so killing Kei for revenge would be pretty pointless.

Oishi: "We found the bodys of every single person who disappeared in that well" <- Does this mean they found Satoshi there too? Mion could have been lying to Shion back there. I would believe more in this than Satoshi being killed by someone else than the 3 family's o.O

Looking at the end of ep 8, it does look like Mion, the blood, the clothes, though she talks like she is Shion and Mion would never kill Kei [I think o.O], and even if it was Mion, there was still no reason to kill him =X
belialJun 9, 2008 7:05 AM
Jun 10, 2008 9:56 PM

Sep 2007
Oh my Gawd >_<;
There was certainly a lot of deja vu, and at the very least, pieced the puzzles together. :P

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jun 22, 2008 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
xo_cl2 said:

It's Shion. She and Mion exchange clothes before she stuns Mion and throws her down the well.
Jul 10, 2008 6:45 AM

May 2008
Man, Shion is f^$^* crazy,what a psychopath o.O
And her facial expressions at times are really scary... she's good at making people believe it's the curse though,she's intelligent. But I feel sorry for poor Satoko. :(

I'm not crazy,but I think this anime as a whole is one of the best things I've seen in my life. XD
Jul 15, 2008 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
Odd.... but it did explain most of the story... Shion... is a scary actor o_O

I kinda wish they finished it and told us who stabbed Kei but w/e =/

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 21, 2008 1:46 PM
Apr 2008
Killer episode... literally :P... I never thought that it was Shion who disguised as Mion and did all the murders in that arc... wow... And she slipped and died, which just ends everything nicely :)

It was Shion who killed Keiichi because she realised that he was still alive in her room while dressed as Mion (she pushed Mion off the cliff in the dungeon if you remember) so Shion goes down to Kei's house dressed as Mion and kills Keiichi... And thus everyone in the story is dead...

Onto the next! Atonement chapter sounds a bit gruesome but oh well :P
ScribblyJul 21, 2008 1:49 PM

Jul 23, 2008 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
omg omg no words at all!! nicely putted together !! so the only one that lived all this is renka :o GREAT GREAT ANIME !! up to the next ep :o what waits there :o

Grtz lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Jul 27, 2008 2:50 AM

Mar 2008
wow Shion is crazy as can be haha poor Satoko T~T

I think i might guess what might happen next but wont
Oct 2, 2008 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
That was great, explained a very confusing arc in a way I never even thought of (although I only have myself to blame for not suspecting that identical twins could masquerade as eachother... Sherlock Holmes i am not...)

Still didnt explain the hospital scene or how Takano was 'dead before she was in the temple' but I expect this will be cleared up eventually (there is a whole other series to go...)

But yeah, this arc was the most messed up so far.. Rika butchering herself to death was pretty damn screwed up,...
Oct 4, 2008 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
These explainations don't make sense. Kei didn't die when he got stabbed outside his house, he went to the hospital and got his nails stabbed through.

Although, now after watching this arc the whole scene with Kei saying for the demon to give Mion back her body is just so absurd. At the time in the Watanagashi arc I believed she was a demon.

I was thinking that maybe Kei just imagined Shion/Mion or whoever he thought it was coming back to stab his nail at the end of the arc, but that doesn't explain how Takano was walking around a day after she was actually killed. Maybe there really is a demon aspect to this show. Thats the only thing that explains it... Unless of course, Takano has a twin herself.

Urgh! I'm so confused. I'm very tempted to read that spoiler.
Oct 4, 2008 11:56 AM

Nov 2007
patient_senses said:
These explainations don't make sense. Kei didn't die when he got stabbed outside his house, he went to the hospital and got his nails stabbed through.

Although, now after watching this arc the whole scene with Kei saying for the demon to give Mion back her body is just so absurd. At the time in the Watanagashi arc I believed she was a demon.

I was thinking that maybe Kei just imagined Shion/Mion or whoever he thought it was coming back to stab his nail at the end of the arc, but that doesn't explain how Takano was walking around a day after she was actually killed. Maybe there really is a demon aspect to this show. Thats the only thing that explains it... Unless of course, Takano has a twin herself.

Urgh! I'm so confused. I'm very tempted to read that spoiler.

Watch the next arc before spoilering yourself.

It doesnt provide all the answers but it clears a lot of general stuff about this show..
Oct 25, 2008 8:42 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm.. I was waiting for Shion to go kill keichii at the hospital..
Nov 5, 2008 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
WOW!! Episode 8(and Arc 2) makes so much sence now!! I love it!
After witnessing the events from this episode, my zombie theory, along with any other supernatural related ideas, was eleminated.
The dialogue(and clothes from some characters) was slightly different than in episode 8, and most of the 2nd arc for that matter, when compared to this arc, the prequel. I assume that is because this Arc is told in Shion's point of view, rather than Keiichi's.
At the end of episode 8, a bloody Mion(Shion) appears. But I presume that that was Keiichi's imagination and was hallucinating, afterall, haven't gone through all those experiences and hearing Oishi telling him all that stuff that made no sence(to him), you can't blame the poor guy for going a little insane as well.
patient_senses said:
but that doesn't explain how Takano was walking around a day after she was actually killed. Maybe there really is a demon aspect to this show. Thats the only thing that explains it... Thats the only thing that explains it... Unless of course, Takano has a twin herself.

Maybe that will be clarified in the next season, or later in season 1?
However, I'm not that intrigued by that small fact, since for all we know, Oishi's florence team might had made a mistake, or something along those lines.
Nov 10, 2008 1:32 AM

Apr 2008
I loved this arc. I'm confused on Kei getting stabbed in the hospital too. But I'm thinking he was just having a nightmare. ^_~

I think the demon is just a red herring. These kids are insane. @.@ There's no demon possessing them. They are just plain crazy.
Dec 11, 2008 10:17 PM

Jul 2008
Shion butchered the hell out of Satoko. And although this episode cleared up a lot of questions it opened up for more, like if Granny Sonozaki really orchestrated Satoshi's death, maybe he's not even dead.
Jan 3, 2009 12:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yakyuu-addict said:
Shion butchered the hell out of Satoko. And although this episode cleared up a lot of questions it opened up for more, like if Granny Sonozaki really orchestrated Satoshi's death, maybe he's not even dead.

I will crack up if Satoshi turned out to be the one behind all this. That will be so messed up...

There is only one logical conclusion to Takano's death: she faked it. Unless you want to go into zombie theory, spirit theory, that's the only logical conclusion.

And yeah, I think Keiichi is hallucinating at the end, just like Shion did in this arc... Notice the link between all story arcs: DELUSIONS and unusually violent behaviors that follows. Oyashiro-sama's doing? or it is some drug....(the syringe appeared more than once)

Of course, ressurection is possible. ANYTHING is possible in this series. After all, time loop is possible....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 22, 2009 8:18 PM
May 2008
I think it can be one of two things, either Keiichi is hallucinating or the time Shion appeared at the hospital is before falling off the balcony. The second theory is just as likely since it could have been at night that she appeared to Keiichi, a coincidence that both attempted murders happened at night time.

EDIT: Maybe the second theory doesn't work since I don't remember if Keiichi was told about "Mion's/Shion's" death.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 2, 2009 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
Absolutely an awesome arc,best of all atm. This almost solves the whole story....Except the last stab. But Who have ever guessed that Shion was Mion and vice versa. When I first started to watch this, I was like wtf?? O.o Randomness with nonsence. This explains everyone's death's even Rika-Chan's. Nipah,. :3
Mar 8, 2009 11:33 PM

May 2008
Wow that was absolutely brutal what Shion was doing to Satoko. Answers a lot of questions but if Mion and Shion are both dead, then who shows up to stab Keiichi in the hospital? :o
Mar 25, 2009 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
I think this was the scariest and most gruesome episode of all the Higurashi eps I've watched until now. It gave me chills like hell, ugh...
Mar 28, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
Daaamn I was looking forward to knowing who stabbed Keichi, but I guess that won't happen. Good arc that actually made complete sense with relation to the Watanagashi arc. I also like how they added the parts about the kidnapping into here as well - just another example of how well the seemingly separate stories piece together.
Jun 8, 2009 5:30 PM

Jan 2009
Wooooooooaaaaaah, Shion really planned everything out right.
I get it.
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jun 15, 2009 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
i read somewhere that,after you finish this chapter in the higurashi game,there is a list of victims,and how they died.for keichi,it says:''died of chronic and acute heart failure''.therefore,mion is probably his imagination,but without that list in the game,we couldn't be sure just by watching the anime.it's probably made like that to confuse us,as was already said by ErwinJA
ErwinJA said:
You probably don't want to read this if you haven't at least gotten to the second half of kai.

as for takano,i don't have a freakin clue how was she immolated before entering the shrine,and i think it's a bit stupid for her to have an identic twin too.as oishi said,''too many dead bodies walking in this case''
Jun 19, 2009 3:22 AM
Apr 2009
They didn't show Keichi in the hospital.
Jun 21, 2009 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
Bladecatcher said:
They didn't show Keichi in the hospital.

it's true that they didn't show him,but this is the conclusion to watanagashi hen.this is watanagashi hen from shion's perspective,so if he didn't die from stabbing there,he didn't die here either.
also,for my previous post-the issue of takano's body walking around dead is solved in kai.there was actually only one non-supernatural solution to it that i could think of,and it was really it.i won't spoil it,though,but watch kai if you didn't already-great series
Jul 12, 2009 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
Ok so far I've accepted this level of violence in this show but watching children getting butchered ist too much for me *puke*

fuck that really made me sick
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 1:58 PM

May 2009
Gave me more questions but here's my theory:
Satoshi ran waya and it's still alive.
Shoin sruvived that fall and then killed Keiichi.
Well I guess so =S, and Rena looks adorable with her hat =3
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 7, 2009 4:17 AM

Dec 2008
Who cares about plot? Gore + lolis is just awesome!
Aug 19, 2009 4:57 AM

Jun 2009
duotrouble said:
I loved this arc. I'm confused on Kei getting stabbed in the hospital too. But I'm thinking he was just having a nightmare. ^_~
quote]
i totally agree, i don't think his stabbing was reality, this arc helped explain a lot of other things though so i still liked it
Aug 26, 2009 11:57 PM
Jul 2009
That stabbing *gushing* sound effect really bothered me while Satoko was being murdered. The detail of the childrens' death are a little too detailed. This is still a great story though. They are really pushing moral limits.
Sep 12, 2009 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
Right I official now hate Shion and her unjustified murders, weak pathetic girl going all crazy and delusional.
I smirked when she realized she had broken Satoshi only and last wish, to take care of his sister.
"You're taking good care of her with that knife bitch"
Where my line of thought, at least she seemed to suffer some from it seeing she wet herself. Still Shion deserves a hell of allot more suffering if you ask me.
Sep 12, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2009
I'm kinda getting what's going on right now... But I still don't get the first arc... Will they ever explain that?
Sep 13, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
This is probably one of the best episodes in the whole series. I totally loveed Shion in this episode but I feel bad about saying that 'cause of what she did to Rika and Satoko ;_;
Oct 5, 2009 6:58 AM

Sep 2008
Watching Shion die was the best part of this arc, fucking crazy bitch. I hate her.
Oct 18, 2009 7:14 AM
Jul 2009
wow, good episode. definitly explained everything and tied it all together.
Jan 2, 2010 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
At first I believed she was possessed. haha I am stupid, no? I liked that Arc a lot, it was really good. So...are they just going to start a new arc after all that..wow? TO THE NEXT EPISODE 8D

I want to know about Kei in the hospital....Maybe there is another human relative of Shion and Mion..? Oh well XD To the next episode...before I get even more confused~
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 4, 2010 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
I hate every single character in this show.
Feb 2, 2010 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
here we have almost clear situations about 2 of arcs. but what about the first ?
... shion is an awesome psycho girl in this anime.
Feb 22, 2010 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
I didnt really like the cotton drifting arc very much because it didnt make much sense but after seeing this episode everything makes sense now except who most likely killed keiichi

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/smashmaniac64&sclick=1][/url]
astralcalamityFeb 22, 2010 8:20 PM
Feb 23, 2010 8:08 AM

Dec 2009
If you go back to epsiode 8 Keiichi and Rena suspect Mion to be behind the disappearances, keep in mine Shion has disappeared as well.Also what makes it tricky is they are twins. the so called "suspected Mion" from Episode 8 is actually Shion because they switched clothes after"MION(Shion posing as Mion)" knocksout kei. The twin at the bottom of the well is Mion(FACT) still note that shion swittched clothes that confuses Kei to think that mion(actually shion) has come back to kill him.

So basically Mion is killed by her sister Shion(who makes Kei and co. believe she is mion the murder/kidnapper) So everybody thinks mion has done it. Shion then takes the clothes of mion(real mion who is dead at bottom of the well).kei and Shinon are rescued .Shion uses mion's clothes to pose as her and goes to the hospital and stabs the confused kei.

I still dont get it myself lol. XD but yeah if you have anything to add that would be great.
Mar 17, 2010 10:23 PM

Jan 2010
i think keiichi was hallucinating at the end of the 2nd story arc.
anyway, this arc explained a lot if you were to follow the reasoning that all the killings are caused by humans who are using the oyashiro's curse as cover. however, mion's last comments does put you back into thinking if the curse actually exists at all.
Mar 19, 2010 7:41 AM
Oct 2009
Hell Yea , i laughed like a sadist when shion killed all of them . I am so impressed MUHAHAHA. Great anime ^^
Mar 20, 2010 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Shion's laugh man. Amazing.

Crackin' arc.
Mar 20, 2010 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
I am getting scared here if shion died who killed kei-chan in the hospital o_0
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.