Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 9, 2014 11:11 AM
Dec 2011
I don't know I enjoyed this chapter though it was way to short and they skipped the Naruto/Sakura moment I HOPE they flash back to. But still nice.

If you want talk more about this or Naruto in general please comment/message me so I get it!
Apr 9, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2011
Now let the ressurection begins.
Apr 9, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2012
Dahyum he kicked the living shit out of Madara's ribs.
Apr 9, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Now Naruto is ninja-jesus!
Apr 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2012
I hope Guy died,otherwise him using the Eight Gate would have been pointless.

Well not really pointless but more of a bailout.
Apr 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2013
Damn it Kishi, you big sissy.
Apr 9, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
The chapter was amazing , but Gai should die . Maybe naruto is just prolonging his death for his final words ?
Apr 9, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2012
*sigh* And of course, just as I was starting to respect Guy for his ballsy sacrifice, Naruto saves him. I should've known better but all the flashbacks into Guy's childhood set the tone for a death scene. Really hoping that by feeling like he can change everything, Naruto isn't able to bring back all of the good guys(or the few) that died in this war because that would suck...bad.
Apr 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
Man that last line of dialouge "I feel like i can change everything" That was real deep. Just how powerful has naruto become, to be able to denote something as big as that.

I mean before this, he was not even close to madara's level. Now he has the confidence to take on the world and all the responsibilities by him self. Maybe hasn't just changed in terms of strengh, maybe he has gained some intellectual insight as well :P.

I honestly do not think guy is going to survive, all the flashback built up, and the back story behind him. No this is his end, kishimoto would not be introducing all of those layers to the character if he was still going to some how survive. I think this i just a troll way of showing naruto's new regenerative abilities.

But madara is probably going to get the final blow so its a bit more dramatic and then naruto is going to pull a Gohan and go SSJ8 and stomp madara into the ground.
ArtimesGamerApr 9, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
Weird people who complain about Gai not dying, it's a good thing, you're all crazy.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 9, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

Also, for your Leaf getting too strong point, wasn't it mentioned multiple times that Leaf already is the strongest of the 5 Great Hidden Villages.

Yeah, but the power balance is like waaaay screwed now. If I'm not mistaken in the old data book, Kumogakure's military power is number 1 (4 stars, equal to Iwagakure) compared to Konoha's 3 stars but if you think about it there's no way that was true. Maybe they are superior on the genin and chuunin level but Konoha's jonins are way too strong. Now there's Sasuke & Naruto getting power-up from Shinobi Jesus himself. If there's ever another world war, the other countries are fucked from the get go.
Konoha was number 1 before Oro's invasion, and it dropped again after Pain's invasion. Why is this a surprise? The only power houses in Konoha these days are Gai and Naruto, maybe Kakashi but I have a feeling there is a lot of jonin in the other villages that could defeat him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
Sourire said:
Minagatachi said:
Kishi has become more hesitant to kill off characters than Kubo, Oda and Hiro combined. Don't give someone death flags if you're not going to kill them ffs. Is this the same man that killed off Jiraiya?
And azuma.. The 2 epic/feels moments in Naruto.. This manga has become a joke
You're forgetting the feels from Sarutobi's death, Gaara finding out that his mother loved him, Itachi saying farewell to Sasuke, all that crap. I do think this manga has a lot of feels, what pisses me off is how Kishi just denied all of those feels by not killing off Gai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
link9us said:
I honestly do not think guy is going to survive, all the flashback built up, and the back story behind him. No this is his end, kishimoto would not be introducing all of those layers to the character if he was still going to some how survive. I think this i just a troll way of showing naruto's new regenerative abilities.

Agreed. I can't see him surviving despite Naruto's interference either.
Apr 9, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
GuusWayne said:
Weird people who complain about Gai not dying, it's a good thing, you're all crazy.
how is it a good thing? its fucking pathetic writing.
Apr 9, 2014 4:39 PM
Dec 2013
Shape430 said:
L0bsterman said:
mijaelblanco said:
Gai needs to die, how come they can kill Neji so easy but not Gai?

Sadly, at this point, I'm almost 100% certain that Neji will get revived.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Jiraiya get revived as well lol.

But in all honestly it was pretty obvious Gai wasn't gonna die, at least not for good anyway. If he did actually die here he would have just been revived along with Neji using the Rinnegan or Naruto's new Jesus powers.

i feel like Naruto will be the last man standing against Madara. Naruto then defeats him and takes madaras rinnegan and uses the rebirth jutsu reviving everyone that dies in the war while sacrificing himself.
Apr 9, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
ScazoN said:
Shape430 said:
L0bsterman said:
mijaelblanco said:
Gai needs to die, how come they can kill Neji so easy but not Gai?

Sadly, at this point, I'm almost 100% certain that Neji will get revived.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Jiraiya get revived as well lol.

But in all honestly it was pretty obvious Gai wasn't gonna die, at least not for good anyway. If he did actually die here he would have just been revived along with Neji using the Rinnegan or Naruto's new Jesus powers.

i feel like Naruto will be the last man standing against Madara. Naruto then defeats him and takes madaras rinnegan and uses the rebirth jutsu reviving everyone that dies in the war while sacrificing himself.
I hope not, the only reason why I don't complain about Nagato reviving Konoha was because it was pretty crucial to the plot (in terms of it introducing Rinne Tensei, which was something that was important in Madara's plan). It's already happened before, and I can't see it having any relevance in future events considering how close Naruto is to ending.
Apr 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2007
Minagatachi said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
yhunata said:

Also, for your Leaf getting too strong point, wasn't it mentioned multiple times that Leaf already is the strongest of the 5 Great Hidden Villages.

Yeah, but the power balance is like waaaay screwed now. If I'm not mistaken in the old data book, Kumogakure's military power is number 1 (4 stars, equal to Iwagakure) compared to Konoha's 3 stars but if you think about it there's no way that was true. Maybe they are superior on the genin and chuunin level but Konoha's jonins are way too strong. Now there's Sasuke & Naruto getting power-up from Shinobi Jesus himself. If there's ever another world war, the other countries are fucked from the get go.
Konoha was number 1 before Oro's invasion, and it dropped again after Pain's invasion. Why is this a surprise? The only power houses in Konoha these days are Gai and Naruto, maybe Kakashi but I have a feeling there is a lot of jonin in the other villages that could defeat him.

I would not even consider Naruto and sasuke as a part of that equation, they are literally prodigies so their power scale is quite different to the regular shinobi.

Apr 9, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2007
Sourire said:
GuusWayne said:
how is it a good thing? its fucking pathetic writing.

I agree, i am pretty sure he isn't going to survive. its just people are judging a bit to quickly, but you can only judge what you see, their has only been one chapter so far.

Apr 9, 2014 6:55 PM
Dec 2013

i also hope not , i just dont want a Lets hold hands and defeat Madara together.. >.<
Apr 9, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Loved this chapter. It seemed to go by so fast.
The damage was crazy.
I wish Kishi would quantify the speed of some of the ninja's movements. Are we talking a few hundred kilometers per hour?
Apr 9, 2014 8:17 PM
Dec 2011
I forgot something!! I just really want to know how Sasuke is going to come back.. That will be interesting later on. But as I said before I liked the chapter I kind of hope Neji comes back. Hahah everyone hates that thought. I know it's war but it'd be nice for me at least, and last time I checked and keep reading everyones comments those eyes that did it last time are still in play.

So we'll see

Want to talk more or reply message or comment me please so I get it!
Apr 9, 2014 8:19 PM
Dec 2011
ScazoN said:

i also hope not , i just dont want a Lets hold hands and defeat Madara together.. >.<

If he does revive everyone, ((I apologize for coming into the conversation)) it could be an opening for more Naruto later on if he wants to, OR my hope a time skip.
Apr 9, 2014 11:59 PM
Jan 2014
Gai is not gonna die. Don't rant on about the series being predictable, then get mad when Gai survives after everything pointed to him dying. Also, common sense, they wouldn't show an important part of Naruto's power-up, only for it to fail the next chapter or two. But if they bring Neji back, we must call BS
Apr 10, 2014 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the chapter, short sweet and action packed. It would of definitely been badass to see Gai go full out and die but I'm not complaining that he survived. I don't want all the good characters to die out.
Apr 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2011
Kinda disappointed that Naruto just "revived" Gai. I was waiting for his epic death, like his last words inside his head... but Kishi didn't kill him. Uhh... well there is a chance that the death is postponed since looking at his body, I don't think he can continue living.
Apr 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
Looks like Guy will be saved —_—
(Yet no one saved Neji -_-)

Makes Neji's sacrifice and Guy's battle less epic and worthless/meaningless IMO
Not hating though.. I actually loved seeing Madara get owned xp
Great chapter
Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?
-Spike Spiegel-
Apr 10, 2014 6:11 AM

Jul 2013
I just came up with a little theory regarding the power that naruto and sasuke have been given. I don't know if anyone came up with this before so I'll mention it here anyways.

It is a power given to them directly from the sage of six paths himself. It is represented by a moon for sasuke, and a sun for naruto. The moon and sun, night and day, yin and yang.
Naruto's sun somehow allowed him to give life to gai, who should have died after opening the eighth gate and simply giving him some chakra should by no means be enough to save him from this.
If I think back about it, the sage was said to have posessed such a power right? The power which he used to create the tailed beasts. The creation of all things.
This power was said to allow the sage to use the yin chackra to create physical form from nothingness and then use the yang chakra to instill life into it.
In this case Naruto's sun would represent the yang chakra and thus the power to breath life into matter and Sasuke's moon would represent the yin chakra which creates matter.

This would explain why naruto could save gai. What I am worried about however is that if this is indeed the case, then wouldn't that allow sasuke to restore gai's body? In his current state he'd be better off dead anyways. But I don't want him to get away with using the eighth gate without a scratch.
And if this is the case and naruto's sun somehow allows him to attain some kind of permanent sage mode, then what would this mean for sasuke? the rinnegan? lol
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
I honestly hope that Guy doesn't survive after using the Eight Gates.. I think that it would be much more epic if he died during that fight instead of Naruto saving him with his Senju powers or something like that. Other than that, Guy really proved himself as a useful character and totally wiped the floor with Madara, of course he's still gonna be alive but holy shit Night Moth (or whatever it is) is one badass move. Fingers crossed for Guy dying. Nothing against him, I just hope they'll kill off more characters.
Apr 10, 2014 4:13 PM

Apr 2014
On one hand, letting Gai die would make it less predictable, but i suppose they used that to show how powerful Naruto was, as a cliffhanger.
Apr 10, 2014 5:40 PM
Dec 2013
Why didn't gai die like a hero, I was waiting for that -_-

Hopefully that'll happen next chapter. There is still some hope.
Apr 11, 2014 2:28 AM

Feb 2013
my main problem is'nt that gai did'nt die,but if he had died it would have been an epic sendoff,but now he's just gonna another one of those people on the sideline who cant do shit 'gainst madara
Apr 11, 2014 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
loskierek said:
really? REALLY?! He fuken saved him? God I hate shounens. Just let the guy die ffs.

Man I agree completely.
Apr 11, 2014 8:35 PM

Jul 2007
DrGeroCreation said:
Loved the chapter, short sweet and action packed. It would of definitely been badass to see Gai go full out and die but I'm not complaining that he survived. I don't want all the good characters to die out.

Guy has totally served his worth in the story though, if he died, i wouldn't really think anything of it. Especially if he did during this moment, he would be herald as a hero who died in honor.
ArtimesGamerApr 11, 2014 8:39 PM

Apr 11, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2013
Gai's fight w/ Madara is one I'll be checking on in the animated version after this manga is over~such an epic character.

Kinda disappointed by the whole reincarnation power-up reveal...I mean that means all this time Naruto was not Naruto..but Ashira and Sasuke was..Indra -.- Kinda of undercuts their characters...
Apr 12, 2014 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
Reincarnated over and over again until it's done right.

Hopefully Sasuke and Naruto are the pair!!

Can't wait to see Sasuke's new power!

Yin and Yang.
Apr 12, 2014 4:42 AM
Jan 2014
KatsukiYukie said:
Gai's fight w/ Madara is one I'll be checking on in the animated version after this manga is over~such an epic character.

Kinda disappointed by the whole reincarnation power-up reveal...I mean that means all this time Naruto was not Naruto..but Ashira and Sasuke was..Indra -.- Kinda of undercuts their characters...

I see it as not really being a reincarnation in that Naruto is Asura reborn, but rather that the brothers were so powerful that their chakra transmigrated to different hosts over time. So Naruske was still Naruske :P I think
Apr 12, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
I really hope that Guy will die the heroes death he was always meant to die. I don't need any bullshit survivals anymore.

The ending with Naruto was the only thing that soured this otherwise flawless chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing this animated and naming it my favorite episode of the series. Your moves can't get more badass than this.

But Guy has to die here. There have to be consequences for opening the 8th Gate and obtaining that kind of power.
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 12, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
Boombawks said:
Besides Gai's epicness (the only thing that has been epic really in this war besides the things Madara has done) this manga continues to throw b.s at it's viewers. Gai get's saved by Goduto? Really? After all the build-ups and hints and his background story basically saying, 'this is it' and after all the tales we have heard about opening the 8th gate means 'certain death'......He get's save from Jesusto :ed:

I could go on and on about the plot holes and b.s this manga presents lol but heck my main man Gai, I gotta support him, he was about to go down in the legendary G status like Kittan from Gurren Lagann.

Also found this link, dunno if legit or not but it is probably the 1st 3 pages to next weeks chapter.

Wow naruto looks like he has everything in the bag here. He's totally confident as well. Not a single worry on his face. You see the size of that resenshuriken, god damn!

Apr 12, 2014 6:31 PM
Dec 2013
HELL YEWEAAA
Apr 12, 2014 8:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
SandyBoi said:
link9us said:

Agreed. I can't see him surviving despite Naruto's interference either.

Oh glad to see someone else here with the same opinion. When Naruto came to save the day, I immediately thought that whatever he did wouldn't be enough to save Gai, but idk you never know. I just think it's not for sure yet that Gai will survive. Especially when Gai's body is becoming ashes...even if Gai does survive, I would think he'd be pretty crippled.
Apr 13, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Tyrantarmy6 said:
I just came up with a little theory regarding the power that naruto and sasuke have been given. I don't know if anyone came up with this before so I'll mention it here anyways.

It is a power given to them directly from the sage of six paths himself. It is represented by a moon for sasuke, and a sun for naruto. The moon and sun, night and day, yin and yang.
Naruto's sun somehow allowed him to give life to gai, who should have died after opening the eighth gate and simply giving him some chakra should by no means be enough to save him from this.
If I think back about it, the sage was said to have posessed such a power right? The power which he used to create the tailed beasts. The creation of all things.
This power was said to allow the sage to use the yin chackra to create physical form from nothingness and then use the yang chakra to instill life into it.
In this case Naruto's sun would represent the yang chakra and thus the power to breath life into matter and Sasuke's moon would represent the yin chakra which creates matter.

This would explain why naruto could save gai. What I am worried about however is that if this is indeed the case, then wouldn't that allow sasuke to restore gai's body? In his current state he'd be better off dead anyways. But I don't want him to get away with using the eighth gate without a scratch.
And if this is the case and naruto's sun somehow allows him to attain some kind of permanent sage mode, then what would this mean for sasuke? the rinnegan? lol
Well, I for one found nothing that negates your theory so it seems pretty much possible.

Boombawks said:
Also found this link, dunno if legit or not but it is probably the 1st 3 pages to next weeks chapter.

If it isn't legit then I hope whoever drew that will keep drawing Naruto, he/she is very good. If it is legit then next chapter will be pretty exciting.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 16, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
So is Gai going to live now because of Naruto?
Jun 5, 2014 10:24 PM

May 2012
Moon and Sun.

Poor Gai.
7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 30, 2014 5:40 AM

Jan 2014
C'mon Kishi. You know Gai's moment would've been perfect with his death. Don't make Naruto save him outta nowhere.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Nov 6, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
... so Guy lives? ok...

Naruto's sudden emergence was cool anyway.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 28, 2015 10:53 AM

Dec 2008
Respect to Guy Sensei, that was quite amazing. Naruto to the rescue! (Yet again)
Aug 10, 2018 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
Guy is done.
Naruto's eyes look cool.
Apr 25, 2021 9:30 PM

Jan 2020
OMG. That final attack from guy was brutal and naruto at the end looks more badass than ever

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.