Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2008
You should watch season 1 either way, but it doesn't matter at all what order, since season 1 itself is jumbled around stories from the manga. There's really not much chronological order to speak of.
May 19, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
Nonon_Jakuzure said:
IMO its like watching Aria the Origination without watching the first two series. You won't appreciate its work fully without watching season one.

It's totally not like that, since Aria follows chronologically, has somewhat of a plot, tons of character development, a stable of minor/major recurring characters who you get to know as the show progresses, and
. They're both SoL but the similarities end there. They aren't really the same kind of episodic stories, Aria's more amazing as a whole, Mushishi is more amazing as individual episodes.
May 22, 2014 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
Actually, there's characters from season 1 that appeared in the OVA and that are gonna appear in this season 2. I definitely don't recommend skipping season 1.
May 25, 2014 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Well, because of it's episodic nature--in the sense that there's no particular overall 'story arcs' (like other animes)--in a partial way I'd say 'No'.

However, to get a understanding (as we don't really know who/what individuals may or may not reappear in the 2nd season, from the 1st) of the personal relationships that Ginko may have w/ certain people that may show up in this season, it wouldn't hurt to go watch the first season.

Besides, in the first season you get a bit more better understanding and a bit of back history on Ginko, the man, and how he came to doing what he does now.
MsDivaMay 25, 2014 7:40 PM
Jun 22, 2014 10:51 PM

Apr 2010
thepath said:
Rashkolnikov said:
Why in the world you would want to skip such a great anime?

Episodic and great at same time ? I'm not sure if this is possible.

I didn't watch Mushishi yet but I might check it to see what people like about it.

Oh it's possible ;)
Jul 4, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
MegumiInoue said:
thepath said:

Episodic and great at same time ? I'm not sure if this is possible.

I didn't watch Mushishi yet but I might check it to see what people like about it.

Oh it's possible ;)

some of the best anime in history have been epsiodic, like Kino no tabi, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop etc. Mushishi is my favorite episodic anime.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 6, 2016 9:36 AM
Feb 2016
Well it is now 2016, so many of these comments probably had no idea but- MY BIG REASON FOR WATCHING SEASON 2 over season 1 is simple- Netflix only has season 2 for some stupid reason. I would really like to get into this and I'm on episode 4 season 2- ITS SOOO GOOD! But I'm wondering does season 1 explain more about the lone wolf Ginko? Is it worth it for me to stop watching season 2 and try and find season 1(which can be more time consuming sometime!)
Feb 6, 2016 9:39 AM
Feb 2016
Ratohnhaketon said:
I know this has been answered but I'll comment for future references. As of right now, S2 can be treated as a stand alone and it's easy to hop right in and explore the world of Mushishi from there. However, you'll be doing yourself a great disservice by watching this before the first season.

In episode 1, there were a few references and moments that, even though they can be treated as a new experience, gave that episode a whole different layer of depth and meaning to me. The importance of the kouki. Ginko's mannerisms. The interactions between Ginko and the characters that these 1-episode stories revolve around. All of it felt right and I felt at home watching it.

WHY DOES NETFLIX NOT HAVE SEASON 1! I'm so irritated! Should I try and find season 1? Can anyone send me a link to watch season 1?

Also I had to quote I cuz that picture you have- I think it's captin planet, the white kid wakes up with the black kid I top of him! I laughed so damn hard! Funny!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it just me?

Jundal - Dec 29, 2023

9 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 30, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

125 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 23, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2014

157 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 15, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

175 by Pokitaru »»
Mar 2, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

93 by skatensleep »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.