Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
_ultima_ said:
Happy is better than them both.

you're right, happy kicks some serious ass. lily is pretty ballin' too, who needs people when you have talking, flying badass cats!! :D

FastnessofWheels said:
Makarov is the most kawaii bishie

i just thought of him doing the kawaii senpai notice me thing to mavis!! XD

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 27, 2014 6:12 AM
"A heart is a heavy burden." - Howl's Moving Castle.
Apr 5, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2012
HA! But if Grey casts iced shell on Natsu he would win! actually, double K.O., but doesn't matter!

pls don't take me seriously.

Also, Grey. Because ice magic is way cooler.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 5, 2014 5:36 AM

May 2013
Gray, he is actually a well developed character, which is pretty much non existent in Fairy tail, his magic is also more interesting and creative than Natsu's which is just burning shit up, hence why Gray's fights are more strategic and Natsu's feature more mid fight powerups and overall he is just way more likeable imo while Natsu is more annoying and feels like a generic shonen hero.

No poll?
Apr 5, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2011
Natsu might be stronger, but he'll never surpass Gray in terms of development and depth.
Also it seems like Natsu can never win a major fight without some kind of outside help, how many times are we gonna see him get some temporary bullshit power up to defeat the super evil bad guy of the story arc?
Gray, on the other hand, defeats his enemies by using his wits. In his fight against Ultear, for example, he froze his blood to counter her ability.
To summarize, Gray is the superior character.
Apr 5, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
Sv3rr3 said:
Natsu might be stronger, but he'll never surpass Gray in terms of development and depth.
Also it seems like Natsu can never win a major fight without some kind of outside help, how many times are we gonna see him get some temporary bullshit power up to defeat the super evil bad guy of the story arc?
Gray, on the other hand, defeats his enemies by using his wits. In his fight against Ultear, for example, he froze his blood to counter her ability.

LOL what? Gray only beat Ultear cause Ul was in the ocean Otherwise she would have wrecked him easily.
Apr 5, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Sv3rr3 said:

LOL what? Gray only beat Ultear cause Ul was in the ocean Otherwise she would have wrecked him easily.

That fight was fairly even actually, both of them got in good hits on eachother. So saying that ''she would have wrecked him easily'' is quite an overstatement. Ultear getting distracted by her emotions was just the nail in the coffin, leading to her defeat.
But this is besides the point, I just gave an example to compare the kind of battles Natsu and Gray have. My point is; Gray is a much better character overall than Natsu, and this reflects in his battles.
Apr 5, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2008
Sv3rr3 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Sv3rr3 said:

That fight was fairly even actually, both of them got in good hits on eachother. So saying that ''she would have wrecked him easily'' is quite an overstatement. Ultear getting distracted by her emotions was just the nail in the coffin, leading to her defeat.
But this is besides the point, I just gave an example to compare the kind of battles Natsu and Gray have. My point is; Gray is a much better character overall than Natsu, and this reflects in his battles.

The blood Ice only canceled out Time arc. Ice Magic wise she was wiping the floor with Gray. And in an ocean if she had not been emotionally nuked by Ul she would have destroyed Gray
Apr 5, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Sv3rr3 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Sv3rr3 said:

The blood Ice only canceled out Time arc. Ice Magic wise she was wiping the floor with Gray. And in an ocean if she had not been emotionally nuked by Ul she would have destroyed Gray

You're just making baseless assumptions, and at the same time ignoring everything I say. I don't feel like debating with someone like that. Peace.
Apr 5, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2008
As much as i like Natsu, i hate that he gets all the spotlight.
Apr 6, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
pitty im so stupid and dnt know how to make a poll -.- so we would see base on votes whos most favourite ... but i think gray wins :D
Apr 6, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2008
Shomix said:
pitty im so stupid and dnt know how to make a poll -.- so we would see base on votes whos most favourite ... but i think gray wins :D

Thank god that's not the case in japan. I'd lose what little faith in humanity I still have
Apr 6, 2014 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
Natsu is far more powerful than Gray. That said, I feel like Gray is the better character. Not being a walking cliche helps.

Darklight0303 said:
Shomix said:

Thank god that's not the case in japan. I'd lose what little faith in humanity I still have

Geez, you really hate Gray don't you?
Apr 6, 2014 10:30 PM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Shomix said:

Loses faith in humanity, over people having different opinions in an anime discussion forum o_0
Apr 8, 2014 4:43 AM

Feb 2014
Gray is better in almost every way except for strength.
Apr 8, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
cnt w8 for episode where gray dies ... just to see look on other faces :D his the best , its the sadest moment of fairy tail
Apr 8, 2014 5:48 PM

Apr 2008
Shomix said:
cnt w8 for episode where gray dies ... just to see look on other faces :D his the best , its the sadest moment of fairy tail

Except it really wasn't. It was an asspull that cost us a far superior character
Apr 13, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
ultear superior -.- ok
Jun 21, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ummm Laxus of course.

Please ignore my banner below and all the Laxus fanart I have drawn because I am DEFINITELY not biased or anything no not me never.
Jun 25, 2014 11:51 PM

May 2010
Gray >>>>>> Natsu.

Natsu lacks character development which Gray has. I am not fond of Natsu-type characters to begin with but at least, he used to be okay. Now he is all about nakama-power and is barely developed.

Gray is just plain awesome.

FastnessofWheels said:
Natsu is far more powerful than Gray. That said, I feel like Gray is the better character. Not being a walking cliche helps.

Darklight0303 said:

Geez, you really hate Gray don't you?

It seems like the case. I mean, let others have their opinions but no. If he says so then Natsu-sama is superior than anyone.
Jun 27, 2014 7:43 AM
May 2013
Natsu's strength varies according to the plotu he should have never won his fight against Laxus and many others. Gray has plot armor too but his one is less than Natsu Ultear should have killed him.

Without plot armor Gray is stronger with plot armor Natsu wins. Simple as that.
Jun 28, 2014 2:02 AM

Jun 2014
Natsu should win. Why?

Well Natsu should win simply because he made fire that can't be blown away and because he can create flames hotter than ice. When Gray uses ice, it is frozen water. If you think about it, Natsu should win due to virtue of the state of matter changes. Other than that, Natsu can slay dragons and use lightning....while Gray has ice....which conducts lightning!

And if we're going down this line of thought...wouldn't Natsu instantly lose if Gray made an ice train or something? I mean they make Natsu's motion sickness look like he's dying ._.
7starkiller99Jun 28, 2014 10:44 AM
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 4:31 AM

Apr 2008
HomeAlone said:
Natsu's strength varies according to the plotu he should have never won his fight against Laxus and many others. Gray has plot armor too but his one is less than Natsu Ultear should have killed him.

Without plot armor Gray is stronger with plot armor Natsu wins. Simple as that.

You're forgetting he had HELP with Laxus from Gajeel. Contrary to popular belief Natsu RARELY wins fights on his own. Just cause he gets the last hit in doesn't invalidate the damage done by others leading up to that point.
Jul 13, 2014 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Gray > Gajeel > Natsu
I like all three though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
Gray is one of my favorite characters in Fairy Tail, while Natsu's one of the least favorite. He is just an example of the world's unfair part - the one's, who do literally nothing, have more than those who deserve it...

Shomix said:
they should call it ,, Natsu ,, not ,, Fairy tail,, his in spotlight always ...

Exactly.
Jul 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
Gray.
But Natsu cool too.
Melon
Jul 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
Both of them are good

yet i prefer Natsu .. why ?
well , i don't find Natsu stuck in his past and he's always cheerful
while Gray always comes up with Ur Ur Ur Ur all the time

but on the other hand as some of you said yes Gray can show a lot of personalty development while Natsu don't

haha i think Natsu don't need that i love him as he is
Jul 18, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Gray is so much cooler, cuter and better than that lame character Natsu.

Esperanza_0 said:
Both of them are good

yet i prefer Natsu .. why ?
well , i don't find Natsu stuck in his past and he's always cheerful
while Gray always comes up with Ur Ur Ur Ur all the time

but on the other hand as some of you said yes Gray can show a lot of personalty development while Natsu don't

haha i think Natsu don't need that i love him as he is

natsu is terrible. People prefer characters with actual development. Can't say the same for stupid Natsu.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 27, 2014 6:16 AM
Jul 18, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
Minagatachi said:
Gray > Gajeel > Natsu.

/End thread

Plus this is an easy decision.

I hate Natsu and I love Gray-sama <3
Jul 20, 2014 1:45 AM
Dec 2013
Obviously Natsu.

Fire > Ice
Happy-go Airhead > Miserable gloomy head
Lucy > Juvia (in term of assets)
Red > Blue
Jul 21, 2014 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
Both are average. But i prefer Natsu than Gray (64/100 for Natsu and 62/100 for Gray)
Wendy however in her own class. Need more Gajeel and Laxus involvement in the story.
Jul 21, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
randy1925 said:
Gajeel rapes both of them

This all the way.

But if I HAD to choose, Natsu. TBH I wanna like Gray more, but his fights have always been beta-character fights and he never makes anything awesome with his ice.
Old_RavenJul 21, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 21, 2014 7:15 PM
Dec 2013
Old_Raven said:
randy1925 said:
Gajeel rapes both of them

This all the way.

But if I HAD to choose, Natsu. TBH I wanna like Gray more, but his fights have always been beta-character fights and he never makes anything awesome with his ice.
Agreed , his "Ice make!" Is so gay, doesn't even look cool.
Jul 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
ScazoN said:
Old_Raven said:

This all the way.

Agreed , his "Ice make!" Is so gay, doesn't even look cool.

The only two gay characters overall manga are that shitty Natsu and that pathetic faggot Naruto :>

Natsu's flames are generic and incredibily lame. Same repetitive bullshit.
Jul 25, 2014 1:36 PM
Jun 2014
Gray is an excellent character with good development, and nice range of cool looking spells and moves.

on the other hand Natsu is the worst character in the manga.

Easy choice. Gray takes it 1000 times out of a 1000
Jul 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Mah boi Gray, easy choice.

Fuck Natsu.
Jul 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
Natsu for eating fire and kicking asses
Jul 25, 2014 3:13 PM
Feb 2014
Natsu since I'm her in the FT game
Jul 25, 2014 6:13 PM
Jun 2014
bash107 said:
Natsu since I'm her in the FT game

natsu is a chick? that's new lol.
Jul 25, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
fairy tail is a guilty pleasure of mine, i honestly don't like gray or natsu. Gajeel, levy, happy, and erza are about all i care for.
Jul 25, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
Jul 25, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
they need to give Gray some major power up ... Gray is best ... natsu acts like a nakama moron whole time
Jul 25, 2014 8:39 PM

Jul 2014
In terms of strength, of course Natsu with his millions of layers of plot armor but, overall character, Gray wins. Basing which character is better based on strength is shallow anyway, it just shows how deeply you can think, which clearly, isn't far if you don't even consider personality, development, etc.

But on a side note, Erza destroys them both.
[center][/center]
Jul 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull plot armors all the time.
her win against azuma and minerva were complete bullshit
I don't see the appeal in her
Jul 25, 2014 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
Gray is one of the best characters by far in this manga, very likeable and cool. and shits on most character in general in terms of quality. Period.
Proud to be his fan.

on the other hand, Natsu is just terrible. No character development, always the same usual shtick of being inept. likewise with Gajeel, another terrible character.
Jul 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2014
vitaxlilium said:
In terms of strength, of course Natsu with his millions of layers of plot armor but, overall character, Gray wins. Basing which character is better based on strength is shallow anyway, it just shows how deeply you can think, which clearly, isn't far if you don't even consider personality, development, etc.

Pretty much this. My vote goes for Gray, I love him.
Jul 26, 2014 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
Natsu he is funny, entertaining, protective, a good friend and despite what a lot of people think he does have character development he is serious from the start in the beginning it was a big game in most cases he would goof off until he realized its not a game and people lives are in danger. Knows he needs his friends he used to try to go it alone in Tenrou he realized he need others help and admitted it. Encourages others in turn they encourage him, he has slowly matured over the series rewatch/reread the first chapters/ episodes to more recent ones he is know longer a fearless fool and a man child in maturity only in personality and confident instead of arrogant. Gray was cool in the beginning had cool magic, pretty attractive and had a tragic background became ok in the middle now i'm indifferent to him. His part in the story seems to only revolve around Deliora,Ur and those connected to the two I wish it would branch a bit how about something new. He is one of the worst handled character post time skip just a male tsundere I like pre time skip Gray, lost interest of him after that fight with Ultear. And to add to it some of his fans have become crazy lately what is no one allowed to have different opinions from them.
Aqua_ElevenJul 26, 2014 12:59 AM
Jul 26, 2014 3:44 AM
Sep 2007
I usually like Natsu type characters more than characters like Gray, but I do find Gray much, much better.

Btw, Erza isn't great as she was.
Jul 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
Where's the poll? Anyway, Mystogan beats everyone.
Jul 26, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Maira_Kiri said:
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull plot armors all the time.

Very true. I take back my Erza comment, Kagura all the way. In my opinion, her win against Kagura was way worse than against Minerva. At least for Minerva there was a "reason" if you use the word reason loosely. Winning against Kagura was just "Nakama Power".
[center][/center]
Jul 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2014
Maira_Kiri said:
erza is a mary sue that wins with asspull armors all the time.

Fixed.

Later, Erza will reveal her Goddess armor which can defies God rules.

Kyouraku-san said:
Lol at both fandoms. Gray fans talk shit about Natsu and vice-versa.

That's one thing that i never understand, all of them so "fanboy" that their brain can't think well. Not even funny at all. What so cool doing that when all of those characters came from same series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.