Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2015
Esper said:
What would you do in this situation

1. Pick up the ring
2. Leave it there

Didn't the ring fall into the river? I watched it fall into the river.
Jun 1, 2016 8:12 PM

Mar 2015
Sonicfanx1 said:
Esper said:
What would you do in this situation

1. Pick up the ring
2. Leave it there

Didn't the ring fall into the river? I watched it fall into the river.
Yes, the ring fell into the river. However, the river is shallow and the water is clear.
This salad is salty favored
Jun 2, 2016 3:43 AM

Nov 2015
Esper said:
Yes, the ring fell into the river. However, the river is shallow and the water is clear.

Shouldn't the stream have carried it down the river by the time he went down there?
Jun 2, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
Sonicfanx1 said:
Esper said:

Shouldn't the stream have carried it down the river by the time he went down there?
LoL mate. The river is small and got bunch of rock inside.. The stream wont carried it down the river..
This salad is salty favored
Jun 8, 2016 3:11 AM
Jun 2016
I wanted him to go for Linda. It was her true love since childhood. Kouko was better with Mitsuo.
I love a girl very much. I am in highschool. My love is same as earlier Banri. I can't even imagine losing her or forgetting her . It will be like death to me.
Anubhav_GoelJun 8, 2016 3:16 AM
Jun 10, 2016 5:49 AM

Jul 2008
2D-kun, YOU ARE A TRUE MAN!!!

See this is how memory works, you don't just lose a whole half!!

Glad to see they ended up together, though Linda is the best girl, this ending was the right one.
Jun 20, 2016 9:11 AM
Jun 2016
i hate... it the whole damn reason i watched the show was because I wanted him to get his memories back i felt so bad for the old him i wanted to see him longer this show sucks worst ending ever
2 out of ten the show is so damn ruined . sigh its so bad i wanted to see what would happen the ending was so damn rushed i thought the whole point of the show was to show the story of how t get his memories back because i could relate i have a condition where i forget childhood experiences but every now and than i have serous dajavu remembering my past when i have present experiences they get translated like they already happened before and a am re living it i related so much but now
this show is nothing Ruined
Jun 22, 2016 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
This anime was amazing. Glad he remembered Koko!. I cried a lot. Even after 5 mins i finished this anime my tears are still flowing.
At the beginning i wanted to rate this 8/10 but after the last 3 episodes i think i will give 10/10 .
joshua10redJun 22, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 30, 2016 4:40 AM
Jun 2016
WolfWood37 said:
2D-kun, YOU ARE A TRUE MAN!!!

See this is how memory works, you don't just lose a whole half!!

Glad to see they ended up together, though Linda is the best girl, this ending was the right one.

Exactly what I thought :D ! Even though I really loved the ending it feels like the trio (Yana-Oka-Linda) is letting some stuff unsettled ! Well we can't be sure about everything, that's how things work I guess :D
Jul 2, 2016 2:09 AM

Sep 2014
Glad Linda likes Mitsuno form that blush.

TBH was expecting to like it like Toradora, too bad I guess.

They tried to trick me with the "We get together in episode 6" but we have a surprise 18 episodes of cringy drama for you~ Conflicted feelings tbh, don't know if I hate it or I only lightly hate it.
GokuJul 2, 2016 2:12 AM
Jul 16, 2016 5:01 PM
Apr 2016
I just finished this series and I'm so happy Banri ended up with Koko.

I saw the bridge scene as Linda telling Banri that she would have said yes, and that Ghost Banri existed because of the uncertainty of that. All he really knew was that Linda said "it's all the opposite", but not that she would have said yes to being with him. So when Ghost Banri is told that, it's like closure for Banri's feelings for Linda and so he can move on. I dunno.

The last 4 episodes were a feels-train for me. I really thought he would just forget Koko and move on and never see her again. After the breakup, I definitely needed that ending :(
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."
Aug 14, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2007
I found the ending episode a little confusing just like everyone else. But despite some flaws, I found the series to be very enjoyable. I really liked Koko and the supporting characters had good points as well. I'd rewatch it, though I'm not sure I'd understand some of Banri's actions even on a second viewing. 8/10
Sep 18, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2014
Just finished it. Loveddddd It. I just couldn't bring myself to ship Him and Linda. I felt like that the entire series though. I was happy to see her confess on the bridge. 2-D kun ftw!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 19, 2016 8:10 PM
Aug 2016
I watched it last night for the second time.. Now i have a change of heart. Now i want banri to be with linda..
Sep 25, 2016 6:37 AM

Oct 2014
japaniMay said:
A bit of an unrelated question here, but why is is the anime called Golden Time? I do recall seeing a sign that said Golden Time in the beginning of the series when Banri was with the film club.... Though it wasn't a main focus. Did I skip an episode or something?

I'd like to think that "Golden Time" is a reference to the English term "Golden Hour" even though there is a wasei term which refers to prime time TV (which doesn't seem like it would be relevant in this case). The golden hour refers to the point in a day just after sunrise/before sunset. The significance of this is that this series has a major focus on beginnings and ends. With every chapter closing, a new chapter opens. For example, a relationship (linda, kouko) or a phase of life (entering college). Since a major motif in this series is Banri and those involved to accept that he's "moving on" from the past, it's a fitting title.
Nov 14, 2016 11:54 AM
Oct 2016
Can someone explain the ending to me a bit more clearer pls. Did Banri get the memories of his college self at the end? Or does he have both memories? Also did Linda actually love him or was that just to get rid of Banri's ghost?
Dec 16, 2016 8:12 AM

Mar 2013
Welp, I think I enjoyed it more during my 2nd watch now that I really tried to understand characters.

I was fine with any ship since I liked both Linda and Kouko.
Linda had her chances but she missed it great time.

I hated Toradora. While on the contrary side, I liked this one.

2D man and Nana-senpai were the best people in anime. 2D man reminded me of Yamazaki from NHK :')
Dec 17, 2016 1:06 AM
Aug 2013
c4_ninja said:
Can someone explain the ending to me a bit more clearer pls. Did Banri get the memories of his college self at the end? Or does he have both memories? Also did Linda actually love him or was that just to get rid of Banri's ghost?

"I think Banri can remember everything now, about memories in the past with Linda and about memories in Tokyo with Kaga Kouko, . . . Banri back to the normal person . . ."
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Dec 24, 2016 3:06 AM

Dec 2008
I was going to flip tables if Banri totally forgot everything...

What a roller coaster of emotions. I'm really happy the way the decided to end it. It seems that Banri is finally complete now. His past ghost can no longer drag him down.
Dec 31, 2016 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
had a fun ride overall. lots of funnies here and there, and rolldercoasting too. its strange how both the main girls were 'too' good IMO, both willing to let go of banri and whatnot, and banri being normal (not awesome) could attract them.

now i finally understood why people hated the 'ghost' part...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 3, 2017 12:48 AM
Mar 2016
Welp, one of my ships failed. But wow, this episode was really good.

Those tears in the beginning were real and painful.

I liked the show, it may not have finished the way I wanted it to but hey, this show was written well (its not perfect, ahem, the 180 flip on Kouko).

Personally, I really enjoyed this show and its one of my favorite rom coms (Toradora beats it for so many reasons), it hit me in the real life feels and it deserves a special place in my worn down heart (from anime and depression)
Jan 21, 2017 2:06 PM

Aug 2012
It's a shame, when I started Golden Time it seemed like it had all the chops to dethrown Yuyuko Takemiya's other anime, Toradora, which I gave a 9 despite my disinterest in that series main couple. One of Golden Time's biggest strength's in that regard is that I actually really like the relationship between Banri & Koko, and I'm glad to see that they ended up together (although to be frank, there wasn't much room for doubt). But here I am, at the conclusion and the score I ended up giving Golden Time was a 7.

Well let's just start with the episode in question, overall the finale was alright. Some strong points, a little rushed and a few plot threads only given hinted at conclusions, but overall a pretty satisfying conclusion. Their is one exception though, one scene that was just a mess, the Ghost Banri scene. I've mentioned this before, but I don't mind Ghost Banri as an entity in concept. He's a pretty novel visual representation of what Banri lost in the accident. The problem is that the series extends his role past that. Instead of having a passive role, they give him an active one. Framing all the bad luck around the middle of the series as a curse he placed on them for one, and in here, having him rescue Koko's ring. They even have Linda give Ghost Banri a send-off (she really didn't, that whole scene was suppose to be symbolic), it just feels really off. I have to question whether it or not it was intentional, because Ghost Banri ended up too much of an active force for me to consider him simply a powerful symbol of Banri struggles.

To be honest, I think most of the shows biggest failings ended up being due to Ghost Banri. I became weary when Banri revealed amnesia was his backstory but if we ignore Ghost Banri, the way the show dealt with it was pretty impressive. I can't say how medically sound this all is but from an emotional perspective, she knew what she was doing. Whether it was Banri's avoidance of those he knew for fear of disappointing them with the new him, or Koko breaking up with him because the pain of going through what Linda had to was too much for her to bear, this series packed more than a few punches (though it didn't get added to the list of series that made me cry, so Ha! Nice try Golden Time). There were a few other issues with the series, the jokes in the latter half started missing way harder for instance. As a whole, I still liked the series quite a bit but despite having a stronger central end-goal couple imo, Toradora was definitely Yuyuko's stronger piece.
Feb 9, 2017 8:48 PM

Oct 2015
yeah finally koko X Banri was waiting for it desperately i dont know why people hate koko i fount her quite likable
Feb 12, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2010
2D kun is the real mvp
Feb 23, 2017 6:53 PM
Feb 2014
To be honest, the last episode wasn't satisfying for me. Too much happened too quickly. It lost its emotional impact as Banri had lost all his memories after the accident, then regained them all in the same episode. Imagine if it happened over the course of 3+ episodes instead. It would have had much greater emotional impact. I realize the source material had ended a few weeks prior to the final episode so I can't really blame the studio, as they probably did the best they could given the circumstances (condensing hundreds of pages into one episode), but it definitely felt rushed. I also think it would have been better for Banri to not regain his memories and instead for Koko to start over and try to create new memories with Banri as it would demonstrate her own personal growth and how deep her love really was. I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings.

My only other complaint is the one everyone complains about, ghost Banri. They could have easily told the same story without the ghost mechanic and instead use flashbacks, dreams, or inner voices.

Overall, I enjoyed the anime. Despite her stalkerish and obsessive tendencies I found Koko to be likeable. IMO she is easily the most developed character and carried the show. It was refreshing to see how she and Banri's dealt with conflict, rather than holding it in and growing resentment for each other, they talked it out, shared their feelings and resolved their problems.

Lastly, I leave the following quote feels particularly relevant to this series:

"The past makes you wanna die out of regret and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time". - 8man
Apr 25, 2017 9:52 PM

Apr 2015
OMG YEAAAAAAASSSSS!! HALLELUJAH!! IT WAS A HAPPY ENDING!!!!
I can happily give this anime a 10/10 now.
As this last episode was starting, I was wondering how I would rate it with such a bad ending.
I was thinking how the story would be 10/10, but my feels were at "gone through a wood-chipper/10" How do you rate such a well written story that makes you feel so bad? I was thinking, the anime deserves a 10, but my enjoyment is at a 0. But I did enjoy most of the show so on average maybe a 5/10 for enjoyment. but that would average to a 7/10 for total score and that is too low for such a great anime.

I'M SO GLAD I DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT ANYMORE!!
on a side note, I wonder how Chinami ends up. also, when Linda ran in saying "yes" to the ghost banri, I was wondering; "wait, how is this gonna work? It's not gonna be a threesome now is it? That would just be trying to satisfy both ships too much."
LibriLectorApr 25, 2017 9:56 PM
May 11, 2017 4:43 AM
May 2017
I just watched again Banri and Koko do get married at the very end you see them sitting next to each other and she moves next to him the focus on there hands you see the wedding ring.
May 12, 2017 9:19 PM
Apr 2017
I'd already finished this show awhile ago but this is the first time commenting on this thread and voting. I loved this show and I loved this ending. I'm glad it was a happy ending. I was always on the Kouko x Banri ship and never really liked Linda. Golden Time overall was a 9/10 for me some people say Toradora is so much better but imho I don't see it. The only part I disliked was Ghost Banri for obvious reasons. My favorite romance anime, I wish there were more like this tbh.
May 12, 2017 10:10 PM
Jan 2011
ROFL always after finishing an anime like this one i have to read everyone's thoughts about it so i can organize my own thoughts too xDD and damm, Linda was the better! But i don't disapprove the ending though
Jun 6, 2017 8:45 PM
May 2017
I really want linda and banri..
Jun 7, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
I quite liked the happy ending, but the whole lead up of him regaining his memory again was off-putting. Overall I quite really enjoyed this series.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 10, 2017 3:12 AM

Jan 2015
Even with the OPs and EDs, I was still rooting for Linda. It says alot that slot of ppl felt the same

I don't know but it felt like KokoxBanri pairing had no real chemistry while he did with Linda. I not sure if it's the voice acting or it was just the story.

Either way, it was ok but could last 3 episodes were drawn out...
Jun 16, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 2010
Tbh, was expecting Banri to present ring to Koko in ep.19 when she presented him her sculpture, which would play role as a "shining light" for him to regain the inevitable memory loss of post-accident events. Although the mirror trick was decent too, which is definitely a beautiful moment.
Btw, one of the rare animes which left dropped my jaw at the end of several episodes. A friggin roller coaster of emotions. Yet still happy that Banri+Koko ship has survived, coz, meh, idk, not feeling the Banri+Linda ship. It is nice an stuff, but, meh, smths not quite there tbh. For me somehow, it felt like a secondary romantic relationship, which was exhausted by shear power and emotions of Banri+Koko ship. And FFS, Banris character is such a whimp, he should have reacted more "manly" towards Koko in some situations, but yeah, then it would b a totally other story.
Next season? Meh, since manga is completed, and since storyline itself is fulfilled... ...continuing story in "C'est la vie" style of relationship tests and managing their feeling towards each other in a healthy way? Too mainstream, yet definitely still would watch.
The definite 10/10.

p.s. ...and comon, 2D+Chinami huehuehue, concidering Linda goes with Mitsuo.
p.s.s. ...tbh after writing this comment/point of view/emotion-spam i feel like 2nd season would be a pretty good idea even tho the main story arc is around Banri, his memories and Koko obviously.
p.s.s.s. rly rly rly sry to any1 who has read this partially or completely... gomenasai!
Jul 3, 2017 9:38 PM
Jul 2017
Hate it, I wanted Linda and Tada. Could've made such a twist. I thought Koko was annoying af. Unlike many, I was happy with the ghost Tada thing. I think about that alot, after tragedy how you just watch, and watch.. When you try to help, nothing happens.
Jul 11, 2017 9:53 PM
Jun 2016
Im not sad because of the ending...... IM SAD BECAUSE I DONT GET TO SEE MORE!!!!!

I first watched and finished this one year ago and I didnt get sad over it because it was such a nice ending. But now I have rewatched it and omg the feels.

I think my main reason for being sad is because I want to see more Banri, such a lovable character and truly resembles my personality. I also want to see more Banri and Koko romantic things happening and more 2D-kun !!!
But yeah im sad because i won't get to watch these guys until next year. (I rewatch some animes after a year.)
I feel like I've watched all the good romantic comedy/slice of life animes like Sakurasou, Clannad, Toradora, Golden Time, just basically all the good old animes. Does anyone have an anime similar to Golden Time that someone like me haven't seen yet??

Jul 18, 2017 12:31 PM
Jul 2017
So.....in the end does Linda love Banri because the Light novel has nothing about LindaxYana.

Did Lnda love Banri after losing all his memories.

Why does Yana get moment to flirt with all the three ladies.....first Koko then Chinami and Linda?

Jul 18, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2015
2D-kun is the best grill confirmed.
Jul 18, 2017 11:32 PM
Jul 2017
"REMAIN STRONG IN THE FACE OF DOUBT, BUT DON'T BE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE ANYONE'S CHARACTER" #iLolicon

So does Linda actually love Banri after post accident.cause the light novel surely does not have lindaxmitsuo....

drluffJul 18, 2017 11:48 PM
Aug 15, 2017 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
Even though it's happy ending, I do still want to say this

Something make me feel like this is the worst MC of all animes I've watched, yet the best character build.

BUT
The story is great :'). Would give a rare 9/10 if the MC .. Dang I forgot what I want to write
When they skip 2 year in 2 minutes, or make 2 minutes 2 episodes long
Aug 17, 2017 4:47 PM
Feb 2017
To be honest, one of the best series I've watched although we didn't get to see a happy ending for Oka (probably won't be since Mitsu x Linda is an item now?!! probably?!! :( . Only thing that's unrealistic is the fact that Kouko after being formally rejected by Mitsu after all those years, she kinda not only moved on and recovered from a heartbreak but developed feelings for another guy in a matter of days. Also Banri confessing to her the same day she was rejected? wtf
Oh and i was hoping that we'd get to see the tea club's chicks once more.
Oh well... :(
Aug 17, 2017 8:10 PM
Mar 2017
so... who caused the accident , we never got to know who did it , why didn't we got to see an alternature timeline with "the real banri x linda?"
Aug 18, 2017 7:14 AM

Jul 2017
While I like koko and banri since they're so cute, I feel bad for linda since she's always there.
Sep 25, 2017 12:11 PM
Apr 2015
Definitely one of the best romcoms out there that deserves to be rewatched a x1000000 times! I just can't get enough of it! Kyaaaah <3
Oct 19, 2017 8:30 AM
May 2015
They never mentioned who hit banri with the scooter.... I still think it was Linda though by accident trying to rush and losing control.
Nov 5, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
2D-kun and Nana remind me a lot of Ami from Toradora. They're all third parties whom aren't really involved in the main love polygon, but are there to point out everyone else being absurd or illogical. They're kind of aloof most of the time, but they quickly take notice of things going wrong, and by their own methods, attempt to at least drive everyone towards non-selfdestructive paths. As such, I think 2D-kun and Nana were my favorite characters in the show, if just due to not being one of the drivers of the show's drama. If anything, they're just trying to alleviate the drama.

I dislike the term "forced," but the amnesia antics really do feel as such. It's just weird that the memories come back and forth at the most convenient times, and in such specific ways as to impact everyone around Banri in just the right ways. I'm not certain if everything was resolved as it should have, but at the very least, we got a good ending out of all the drama.
Nov 20, 2017 8:42 AM
Nov 2017
keldeokun said:
I feel like a fool for refusing to abandon the Linda ship up till the very end, refusing to accept there wasn't any more chance.
Well i think not all ships sank banri x kouko was just the best ending there could be ghost banri reunited with Linda and whoever ships the following couples:
Banri x oka-chan
Mitsou x kouko
Mitsou x oka-chan

Sorry man. Your ship sank
Dec 4, 2017 11:19 PM
Nov 2017
I'm on the Linda train was holding out for 24 eps hoping that would happen sigh still 8/10 good show
Dec 18, 2017 5:13 PM
Nov 2017
first anime I watched that wasn t dubbed, well worth it
Dec 22, 2017 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
alecm122 said:

How do you live with yourself?

Glad I finally got around to this show. Happy for the Banri x kouko ending.
Was hoping for Chinami and Mitsuo to end up together, oh well.
Dec 22, 2017 2:07 PM
Nov 2017
Lemonside- said:
alecm122 said:

How do you live with yourself?

Glad I finally got around to this show. Happy for the Banri x kouko ending.
Was hoping for Chinami and Mitsuo to end up together, oh well.
Lol I should of worded that better, I watch sub anime a lot now, it was a while ago but I had watched about 2 dubbed series and this was the first one I watched (at that time) that was sub-only, since then I watch a mix of both :) hope that helped.
Pages (18) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.