Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2010
VirtusSignum said:
Zentasu said:
Wtf did i just read? It does not make any sense. Crossdressing is very popular in US too...

I spelled it out pretty clearly... several times. There is a difference between Mr. Nanny where Hulk Hogan wears a leotard and having someone dress in women's clothing and ACT LIKE A WOMAN. What part of that is too much to understand. ACTING LIKE A WOMAN... as in, if he talked, walked and displayed the mannerisms as if he was in fact a woman.

Mrs. Doubtfire. It's been done in the west yo.
Mar 23, 2014 3:51 PM
Jan 2014
mattbenz99 said:
VirtusSignum said:
Zentasu said:
Wtf did i just read? It does not make any sense. Crossdressing is very popular in US too...

The World God Only Knows is full of that in season 3.
no it isnt. that is like 2 episodes at most.

It is actually. Go back and watch it. MC dresses like a girl for about 3 episodes but the girl who acts and dresses like a guy does so for like 6 or more episodes.

antonn said:
VirtusSignum said:
Zentasu said:

I spelled it out pretty clearly... several times. There is a difference between Mr. Nanny where Hulk Hogan wears a leotard and having someone dress in women's clothing and ACT LIKE A WOMAN. What part of that is too much to understand. ACTING LIKE A WOMAN... as in, if he talked, walked and displayed the mannerisms as if he was in fact a woman.

Mrs. Doubtfire. It's been done in the west yo.

Mrs. Doubtfire was different. He was dressing as an older woman and not for romance but to be with his kids. Great movie.

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
LunaMar 24, 2014 4:33 AM
Mar 23, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
VirtusSignum said:
mattbenz99 said:
VirtusSignum said:
Zentasu said:

The World God Only Knows is full of that in season 3.
no it isnt. that is like 2 episodes at most.

It is actually. Go back and watch it. MC dresses like a girl for about 3 episodes but the girl who acts and dresses like a guy does so for like 6 or more episodes.
and your point is? women wearing "guy clothes" isnt taboo in north america i mean how many women wear clothes that are similar to what yui was wearing (just less fancy).

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMar 24, 2014 5:01 AM
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Mar 24, 2014 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
VirtusSignum said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Pokemon has had cross dressing on multiple occasions and it wasn't edited out. It's not cross dressing they don't like but homosexuality when the show is aimed at kids.

Was it a myth that there was an episode where James had boobs and it was edited out?

They also don't like boob jokes.
Mar 24, 2014 5:01 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned & Moved.
Removed some of the spam posts.
Oct 17, 2014 8:39 AM
Nov 2013
flopan said:
The third season is still somewhat recent. It might get a dub later this year or the next.
TallonKarrde23 said:
Never in history has a show with cross dressing been dubbed, and truly, a GIRL dressing in BOYISH clothing? Next you'll tell me there are sports series with girl leads or the ultimate taboo - a dubbed show with a "tomboy".
joe-anime said:
VirtusSignum said:
This isn't specific to that anime, it just so happens to be the example I am watching. In this season, there are a few episodes where the MC dresses up like a girl... and not just dresses up like a girl, acts like a girl. Also a girl dresses up like a boy and acts like a boy... and they go on a date. I can see why this season wasn't dubbed... being gay/cross dressing is still unacceptable to most mainstream audiences sadly... because this season is really good.

The same thing happened to Sailor Moon. The last season, I think it was Stars or something. It is sad to see something not get a dub for something so silly. Also in Sailor Moon, Neptune and Uranus were lovers in the Japanese version but cousins in the American version.

So what I am to take away from this... is that sexualizing 14 year old girls with ridiculous transformations is ok... but being lovers when you are both consenting adults is not.

Infinite Stratos had a

Come back when you have REAL facts.

i hope so. they are a few animes i can think of that are dubbed, and they were 14? and what really? lol
Oct 19, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2011
I really doubt thats the reason, honestly. Besides, the main reason as to why the last season of Sailor Moon was never dubbed was simply because of content and that they wanted it to be age appropriate, but indeed it is true that part of the reason is due to that
Jan 5, 2015 1:26 AM
Dec 2014
I know this topic is a few months old, so I hope no one minds me asking for an update..

I just finished the first two seasons of this show, in dubbed. It really is a good show. Since I haven't found a dub for the 3rd season yet, I have to ask, are there still chances of a dubbed version coming out?
Jan 6, 2015 7:00 AM

Nov 2008
Buncha a fail in this thread, bruh...

SEASON THREE IS SET TO RELEASE IN MARCH. FULLY DUBBED.
Jan 18, 2015 11:37 PM
Jan 2014
Dir_en_Drake said:
Buncha a fail in this thread, bruh...

SEASON THREE IS SET TO RELEASE IN MARCH. FULLY DUBBED.

Awesome.
Feb 15, 2015 6:58 PM
Feb 2015
they did dub it it came out last week
Jan 13, 2016 6:21 PM
Oct 2015
TallonKarrde23 said:
Never in history has a show with cross dressing been dubbed, and truly, a GIRL dressing in BOYISH clothing? Next you'll tell me there are sports series with girl leads or the ultimate taboo - a dubbed show with a "tomboy".

Ever watched Ouran Highschool though? Haruki's dad was a tranny but Ouran is still an amazing dubbed anime. There's still the possibility that the reason it wasn't dubbed wasn't because of the cross dressing part.
Jan 13, 2016 6:22 PM

Feb 2015
Seeing a KamiNomi thread revived kind of just made my day.
Oct 25, 2017 9:37 PM
Nov 2012
They did. And it's super GOOD!!!

I'm a hardcore SUB purist but this dub is seriously really good. The best I've ever seen, actually. I find myself constantly switching between the two languages because I like both that much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.