Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2012
Now Idk if this is just the old fart in me or what I was just used to but I want to know every ones opinion.

Should Toonami do two airings of series? Especially the new stuff they are showing.

I remember when Toonami used to double replay everything! You missed an episode no biggy or missed a lot and just wanted to wait you could. Even adult swim usually replayed there series.

Now they replay the wicked old stuff that's been on forever or unnecessary stuff. No offense to cowboy bebop and GITS but they have been on replaying so long they need to go. Just take a break. They also replayed IGPX.
But they haven't replayed any of the new stuff. I missed most of Casshern Sins and Deadman wonderland =\
I also don't know if they replay the Bleach seasons while waiting for the new ones but if they don't they should. I personally Hate naruto so this might be a little biased but I dont think its fair it gets two time slots. One for naruto and one for shippuden. Which is like a time skip so pretty much another season -_-

all I'm thinking is they could replay the newer stuff in a later time slot. I would personally enjoy that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
This is a really interesting thread, Grandsteam. Should make some good conversations!

With this Toonami most of the newer anime shows are one time deals. The show airs and it gets replaced by something new by the distributor. Now there are exceptions to this. Certain shows are sometimes contracted for multiple runs or are Adult Swim's perpetual property. That's why shows like IGPX, GITS, and Sym-Bionic Titan are shown more than once. I'm sure if they could have shown Casshern Sins or Deadman Wonderland again, they would have.

If Bleach does run out of new episodes, they will rerun a certain amount of nearly new episodes. The last and only time this happened, they showed the eight newest episodes again.

The reason Naruto is being shown again is because they were able to renew the original 2012 contract for episodes 1-52 for very cheap. So more and likely by the end of this year, OG Naruto will be gone and it will be just Shippuden.

So, reruns just depend on how the contract is made and it varies from show to show. I do hope someday they can rerun some of the past shows. I personally think Soul Eater and Deadman Wonderland have incredible rerun potential and they would keep the back half of the block a bit more fresh. But for now, you just have to watch them on their initial runs.
Mar 19, 2014 7:08 PM

Jul 2011
I second what Kokiri said. They do well at the end of the block, and they are a blessing for people who missed the first run. Personally, it doesn't bother me too much if they rerun a show since it saves budget for them to grab new shows for the earlier time slots.
Mar 19, 2014 7:18 PM

Jun 2012
I figured it was contracts but just wish they would try harder or get better deals =P

IDk the exact details but I feel like Toonami is one of the more popular blocks on adult swim now. To bad they couldn't throw in more money or swing. To bad cartoon network didnt focus on better stuff in general =P the garbage they show now a days lol

coughstillfucknarutocough oh sorry have a cold 0=3 lol
Mar 19, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2012
Forgot to mention your response about Bleach Kokiri. I had a feeling they didn't but I remember them reairing those couple of episodes. So wasn't sure. I think bleach would be perfect for two time slots or replays. Since its so long and kind of complicated =P
Mar 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
This is a good topic. I'm still not sure whether Grand is talking about re-runs in general or the way they used run through their entire line-up twice in one night. As far as general re-runs go, even though I love some of the shows they run over and over, I'd love it if they never re-ran anything and only ever ran new stuff. That isn't ever going to happen even if they captured %100 of the cable audience for the time slot. The economics will just never work out.

As for showing the entire line-up twice in one night, they'd have to start at 5:PM with the current line-up. Suits me. =0)
"I just hope the good lord knows, what this life is all about
'cause I'm in the same position as when I started out.
Now I know there's folk in hospitals who are far worse off than me,
Oh, but that don't mean to much when my spirit don't feel free."
- Mark Twain

Blues lovers go here. Jazz lovers go here. Cowboy Bebop music lovers go here.
Mar 30, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
I didn't mean in one night I meant like they show the whole series then show the whole series again.

Like for example I think this is funny cause I brought up this topic they are re playing season one of space dandy =P it finished airing season 2 wont be on till july but Tom said they were going to show all of season 1 again. Thats some good contracts right there lol

thats what I mean. I just think 2 showings would be nice. doesn't have to replay for ten years like ghost in the shell=P
Apr 1, 2014 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
Space Dandy is very similar to Ghost in the Shell in terms of how it's contracted. Adult Swim funded both shows, but did not produce them. Therefore because they funded the production, they own perpetual US broadcast rights. Space Dandy will probably be on Toonami for a very long time.
Apr 8, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
Toonami should keep tabs on what shows they choose to rerun because rerunning shows tend to be a double-edged sword, Cowboy Bebop is a textbook example.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2013
I think they should replay some of the old stuff like outlaw star, trigun, and tenchi muyo.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Create Your Own Toonami Lineup!

Kokiri-Kid - Sep 22, 2013

32 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 8, 2:04 PM

» Toonami marathons

jonnjonzz - Oct 12, 2017

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Oct 12, 2017 7:27 PM

» What anime would you like to see added to the Toonami lineup in the future? ( 1 2 )

Groz - May 28, 2012

93 by GrinfilledCelt »»
Mar 8, 2016 1:45 PM

» How are the ratings?

JetFury - Mar 29, 2015

4 by JetFury »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:52 AM

» Weekly Toonami Episode Guide (2015)

Kokiri-Kid - Jan 1, 2015

9 by Kokiri-Kid »»
Feb 28, 2015 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.