Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 22, 2016 6:50 AM

May 2016
JonasTheJay said:
-Frieza's English voice actress

Incorrect, sir! Sure, it's way different from the original Japanese, but it's fitting nonetheless for an androgynous, slimy, thoroughly irredeemable alien Space Hitler.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 23, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
Everyone in Cromartie High School. I'm the only one who say this, but the voices are awful in that dubbed anime.

Also, Jessica Nigri, who's voice clearly doesn't fit as Sonico. She's like one of the worst voice actresses I've heard.
May 24, 2016 1:54 AM

Sep 2015
Matsui Rena. I hope she won't go back to voice acting
May 24, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2014
Bryce Papenbrook – a hack with zero talent who only got into the anime dubbing industry thanks to his dad

Greg Ayres – English dub cancer personified. He sounds like Justin Bieber on punctured steroids

Whoever voiced Yuno in the English Mirai Nikki dub – not that the Japanese voice actress was any better, but at least her voice fit the character. The English voice actress just made her sound like a whiny housewife

Natsuki Hanae – he's pretty cute but sadly the same can't be said about his voice acting skills. I can't even listen to BLCDs with him

Yuki Kaji – He's great when it comes to voicing comic relief characters (Walker in Durarara, Shuu in Nisekoi) and more serious characters (Kou in Ao Haru Ride, Satoru in Shinsekai Yori) but other than that I can't stand him. Seriously, I swear I wanted to punch Eren in the face every time he opened his mouth

Rena Matsui – easily the worst voice actress in the Japanese Denpa Kyoushit dub (and that says a lot considering how terrible that dub is). Please don't come back to the seiyuu industry
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 24, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2014
People be hatin' on my man Chris Patton?

Fite me m8.
May 25, 2016 2:11 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, I'm surprised at all the Jun Fukuyama hate. I think he's great in everything *.*

As for who I don't like:

- Yuki Kaji (who has been brought up a few times). It's not that he's bad necessarily, but he gets miscast so often it's annoying. There are a few roles I think he's good in, but he totally does not fit Sonic from OPM or Phoenix Wright and his unfitting voice kind of kills the characters for me :/ (esp if they're characters I'm extremely fond of). I think the problem is that while he's able to act, he just has no range at all and sounds the same in everything, and there are certain kinds of characters he just can't pull off yet. It doesn't help that he shows up in everything these days. My guess is he's popular enough that he'll draw all of his fangirls into a series, but not enough of a veteran to be able to demand a lot of money from a studio, so he's a desirable seiyuu to cast.

- Mamoru Miyano, to a lesser extent. He also shows up in everything and while he's got a much better range and all, his voice gets kind of grating after a while. I prefer roles where he's more chill and subdued (Wolf's Rain comes to mind).

I'm sure there are a bunch of female seiyuu that annoy me, but admittedly I don't pay attention to them quite as much. In general tho, I hate it when they have super high pitched squeaky voices.
Tpfang56May 25, 2016 2:15 AM
May 25, 2016 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
Rena Matsui, 'nuff said. Shouldn't even tried voice acting in the first place.
Jul 28, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
I feel like it's pretty much all preference on voices, but I seem to not like a lot of voices in English dubs...
Jul 30, 2016 11:46 PM

May 2016
For me Tomosa Murata is one of the Worst Voice actors in the industry. Her Yuno Gasai voice was cacophony in purest form. I know sometimes character determines voices but this is really bad voice acting!

No wonder she has so little (4) roles.

If you wanna listen to her "brilliant" acting go here.

P.S : Yuno is quite overrated, and so is the show.
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Jul 30, 2016 11:51 PM

Jul 2014
I don't really watch dubbed anime and Japanese voice actors take their job seriously! Woohoo! (PS I'm not saying English voice actors suck or anything I'm just saying I have yet to come across a voice actor I don't really like).
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jul 30, 2016 11:56 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Monica Rial would be the most ear-grating english VA that I would know. She may be one of the most well-known and easily recognized, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I should've made the change from dubs to subs ages ago because she is literally in everything.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Jul 31, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
Since this thread is back on the road I'm going to go ahead and add two more names to the list:

Monica Reel – her voice makes me want to punch babies. Not to mention that her "French" accent in the Baccano! dub (which I otherwise like btw) was plain awful, that's not what a French accent sounds like!

Ayane Sakura – my God did her voice annoy me in Shigatsu, Psycho-Pass 2 and Nisekoi:
MikominMM said:
For me Tomosa Murata is one of the Worst Voice actors in the industry. Her Yuno Gasai voice was cacophony in purest form. I know sometimes character determines voices but this is really bad voice acting!

No wonder she has so little (4) roles.

If you wanna listen to her "brilliant" acting go here.

P.S : Yuno is quite overrated, and so is the show.
YUKKI YUKKI YUKKI/10

(I'd still take her over the housewife who voiced her in the English dub though but then again being slightly more tolerable than dog shit isn't much of an achievement)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 31, 2016 8:29 AM

May 2016
Comic_Sans said:
(I'd still take her over the housewife who voiced her in the English dub

A.K.A Brina Palencia.

Comic_Sans said:
YUKKI YUKKI YUKKI/10

Can you tell me what's the real rating? (1 to 10)
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Jul 31, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
OmegaOtaku said:
Monica Rial would be the most ear-grating english VA that I would know. She may be one of the most well-known and easily recognized, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I should've made the change from dubs to subs ages ago because she is literally in everything.

No, her massive range, talent and dedication to the industry, that's what makes her good.
Jul 31, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
Dub cast of Gravitation...
Dub cast of Garzey's Wing...

And because of shared voice actors with Garzey's Wing... The Poltergeist Report Yu Yu Hakusho Movie. Also... putting David Hater as Kurama.... WHY.

Most of those actors did not much else...
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 31, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Ayane Sakura – my God did her voice annoy me in Shigatsu, Psycho-Pass 2 and Nisekoi
I actually think she is decent. Her Uraraka was cute for me at least. And I think that with Psycho-Pass 2 case is most that her character is very annoying in all the senses, so the voice sounds annoying too.
Jul 31, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
MikominMM said:
A.K.A Brina Palencia.
Right, that's her name
Can you tell me what's the real rating? (1 to 10)
2 (+1 because I still think she managed to sound like a yandere)[quote=Illyricus message=47173375]
Comic_Sans said:
I actually think she is decent. Her Uraraka was cute for me at least. And I think that with Psycho-Pass 2 case is most that her character is very annoying in all the senses, so the voice sounds annoying too.
If I don't like a character's voice/the seiyuu's voice acting then I am more likely to dislike that character (and vice versa) so I don't think Mika being an annoying character is the only reason why I dislike Ayane as a voice actress

E.g. I've read some parts of the Nisekoi mango and Haru didn't annoy me as much as in the anime
Nico- said:
Aug 11, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2016
I don't found Japanese voice actors are bad. But if it doesn't fit, I have one. When Sugiyama Noriaki voiced Sorin Otomo of Sengoku Basara and Sebastian DeBeste of Gyakuten Kenji 2 in promotional video. When I heard those characters, the thing that come to my mind is: "Non-tan... you seriously don't fit as strange guy type". Yeah, Sorin for me is a strange guy type since he is way too hyper and come to DeBeste that totally an ass for me. yep... He is not fit to voiced these duo. Why did you choose him Capcom? There are bunch out there those are fit for Sorin and DeBeste

For Indonesian dubs are not bad. It just flat... That is all.

English dub? most of the meaning are changed when they dub it
Aug 11, 2016 8:53 PM
Aug 2016
I can't think of anyone. Maybe Gokus Japanese voice actress, having a grown man sound like that is really odd.
Aug 13, 2016 12:13 AM

Aug 2010
greg ayres

his voice makes me want to throw up and then beat up some whiny children with brass knuckles.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 13, 2016 12:34 AM
Nov 2015
CapellaStar said:
Honestly, I don't think any voice actor is better or worst then the other...mainly because voice work can vary between different series so it's hard to judge unless you happen to find one who is consistently bad. Bad voice overs a lot of times aren't because of the voice actors are bad and has more to do with voice direction given by the ADR directors.

Of course many are going to name the more popular english voice actors like Johnny Yong Bosch even though they are the more experienced voice actors and actually do put out GOOD voice work if you compare them to other voice actors. I think most of the hate has to do with the fact that they land a lot of roles which is mostly due to the fact that they are more experienced so they get more work.

There's a reason you hear Crispin Freeman, Steven Blum, and many other voice actors a lot...it's usually because dubbing studios (especially as of late) like to keep it safe by casting voice actors they know will do well.

I agree about the first part. Actually, each voice actor is a certified one.
But there're two kind of voice actors who would make great success if they have both versaitle voice or could voice cute girls. The first who came into my mind is Hanazawa Kana.

But to think that people would make & "worst voice actor?" thread, MAL is full of evil people lol.

autisticanime said:
TsukikageRan said:
Tracey Moore / Terri Hawkes - the English dubbed Sailor Moon/ Usagi. And I still have a few more episodes to finish the franchise. Shocking voice difference from the original. Horrendous 'adult-trying-to-sound-like-a-kid' acting.

Linda (name may be wrong) Ballantyne was worse.

The one in your profile picture, is the guy from the 4th devision ?
Aug 13, 2016 12:39 AM
Oct 2010
JPN: Kenyuu Horiuchi. I heard his voice as Shusuke Amagai in Bleach and his performance as that character is pretty bad. He doesn't shout and scream when Shusuke does his attacks like the English dub did. If people say the English dub of Bleach is bad, wait until you hear this guy in this.

ENG: Patrick Poole. Heard his Kuze Hibiki in Devil Survivor 2 the Animation and that was the most cringey voice I ever heard as a protagonist character. And I don't even want to hear how he will do as Shirou Emiya in Fate/kaleid liner Prismaβ˜†Illya series.

Bobby2Hands said:
OmegaOtaku said:

No, her massive range, talent and dedication to the industry, that's what makes her good.

And have you heard her voice as Michiko in Michiko and Hatchin? Who else could play a black woman perfectly without being the right nationality?
Aug 13, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Tpfang56 said:
Damn, I'm surprised at all the Jun Fukuyama hate. I think he's great in everything *.*

Me too. Especially like his roles in Tegami Bachi as Gauche Suede, in Kuroko no Basket as Hanamiya Makoto and Raji Shenerzad in Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.

- Mamoru Miyano, to a lesser extent. He also shows up in everything and while he's got a much better range and all, his voice gets kind of grating after a while. I prefer roles where he's more chill and subdued (Wolf's Rain comes to mind).

Omg same. I couldn't even guess that it is him voicing Kiba. Also Kiba is my favorite charcter in Wolf's Rain.

I'm sure there are a bunch of female seiyuu that annoy me, but admittedly I don't pay attention to them quite as much. In general tho, I hate it when they have super high pitched squeaky voices.

I second you on this too.
removed-userAug 13, 2016 1:03 PM
Aug 13, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know why people are hating on actual good voice actors like Monica Rial, Greg Ayres and Brina Palencia when there are voice actors like Jason Griffith who has voiced such hideous english dub roles as Sonic the Hedgehog in and Usopp from One Piece.

Now that my friends is a terrible voice actor.
Aug 13, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Whoever voiced that loli green haired maid girl on Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd season

It's like she's trying so hard to be cute and shet
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Aug 13, 2016 1:41 PM

May 2015
After watching a few "One Piece funny moments" video's I eventually came across a scene which the youtuber uploaded the dub version of... Hearing Luffy's voice in dub made me want to cry, so, Colleen Clinkenbeard.
Aug 13, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
Bobby2Hands said:
I don't know why people are hating on actual good voice actors like Monica Rial, Greg Ayres and Brina Palencia when there are voice actors like Jason Griffith who has voiced such hideous english dub roles as Sonic the Hedgehog in and Usopp from One Piece.

Is he the Usopp of the One Piece of 4Kids?
Aug 13, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2016
Illyricus said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Yeah, ts god awful almost as bad as brooklyn sanji.
Aug 13, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Illyricus said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Hmm, there are 3 different english voice actors accredited to Usopp so I'm not sure.
But all you need to know is he sucks.

Listen to his read at 0:13 on the line "Amy look out!" he's not even trying.

Aug 13, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
Eto said:
After watching a few "One Piece funny moments" video's I eventually came across a scene which the youtuber uploaded the dub version of... Hearing Luffy's voice in dub made me want to cry, so, Colleen Clinkenbeard.
Yeah the voice itself is shocking if your not used to it, but shes great as riza hawkeye in FMA.
Aug 13, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2016
Zelkiiro said:
JonasTheJay said:
-Frieza's English voice actress

Incorrect, sir! Sure, it's way different from the original Japanese, but it's fitting nonetheless for an androgynous, slimy, thoroughly irredeemable alien Space Hitler.
His new voice is still much better than the old.
Aug 13, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
EmperorQ said:
Illyricus said:
Yeah, ts god awful almost as bad as brooklyn sanji.
Is him, isn't? Well, being an Spaniard, I never watched the legendary 4Kids dub in the TV, bit I watched some clibs on Youtube and is some epic shit. I will never forget this scene in special:

Lmao! Usopp sounds like he is in drugs xD

Bobby2Hands said:
Hmm, there are 3 different english voice actors accredited to Usopp so I'm not sure.
But all you need to know is he sucks.

Listen to his read at 0:13 on the line "Amy look out!" he's not even trying.

After watching that Sonic video, yep, he is the 4Kids Usopp. Oh, well, what you can expect of someone whose surname is Griffith?
Aug 13, 2016 3:11 PM
Feb 2016
Wow, no-one has mentioned Chitose Morinaga, yet? xD

Aug 13, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2014
Shoegum said:

???

What the fuck is this shit

This isn't even bad voice acting, this is cancer
Nico- said:
Aug 13, 2016 3:27 PM

May 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Shoegum said:

???

It's the best vocal performance of the year.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Aug 13, 2016 3:37 PM
Aug 2011
that fgt Hanae Natsuki
for once I thank the heavens that Lavi doesn't come out that much on this seasons DGM lest my ears rot off

Piromysl said:
Also I dropped few shows just because I can't handle Yuki Kaji.

I can confirm that this is one of the greatest decisions anyone can ever make
standAug 13, 2016 3:49 PM
Aug 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
Greg Ayres and David Matranga should never be allowed to get anywhere close to microphone.

Aug 13, 2016 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
King Kai's Dragon Ball Super's voice actor is the worst of worst.

They animated the scenes to show King Kai's emotions, and the voice actor has no ability to act to the animations.
KalleyAug 13, 2016 3:59 PM
Aug 13, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Shoegum said:

???

If that anime would have existed during the WWII, the Japaneses soldiers would have used this clip as a torture method.
Aug 13, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
RainyRai said:
It's the best vocal performance of the year.
You must be joking
Illyricus said:
If that anime would have existed during the WWII, the Japaneses soldiers would have used this clip as a torture method.
LOL probably
stand said:
that fgt Hanae Natsuki
for once I thank the heavens that Lavi doesn't come out that much on this seasons DGM lest my ears rot off

Piromysl said:

I can confirm that this is one of the greatest decisions anyone can ever make
I agree with all of this
Nico- said:
Aug 13, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
Kathleen Delaney- Rouge the Bat in Sonic X. She makes Rouge sound too old and too slutty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2016
Kalley said:
King Kai's Dragon Ball Super's voice actor is the worst of worst.

They animated the scenes to show King Kai's emotions, and the voice actor has no ability to act to the animations.

BUT JAPAN IS PERFECT AND AMAZING THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE BAD VOICE ACTING YOU B-BAKA

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 13, 2016 6:28 PM

Mar 2016
Illich Guardiola, he plays Yoshino in Clamnad's dub and he's awful. I can't stand his accent.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Aug 14, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2015
Hiroshi kamiya :D
No seriously I know it's just about English or Japanese voice but Luffy's french one is just the worst
Aug 14, 2016 3:16 PM

Apr 2016
"RWBY". It's anime style but it's English, the voice acting sounds cringy at times.
Aug 15, 2016 12:00 AM

May 2016
Shoegum said:

In all seriousness Gakusen Toshi Asterisk is a fucking terrible anime, Coming from one of the worst anime Studios of all time... A-1 Pictures.

Aug 15, 2016 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
Shoegum said:

a.... are you sure this isn't an advanced torture technique?

i can't imagine any other reason that would be permitted near a recording booth, let alone in one.
removed-userAug 15, 2016 12:08 AM
Aug 15, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2016
Basically i hate voice actors who are dubbing Anime Characters in our country. It just doesn't fit the Character. Specially the female ones. ^^
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Aug 15, 2016 4:24 AM

Dec 2008
xEzioAuditore said:
CapellaStar said:
Honestly, I don't think any voice actor is better or worst then the other...mainly because voice work can vary between different series so it's hard to judge unless you happen to find one who is consistently bad. Bad voice overs a lot of times aren't because of the voice actors are bad and has more to do with voice direction given by the ADR directors.

Of course many are going to name the more popular english voice actors like Johnny Yong Bosch even though they are the more experienced voice actors and actually do put out GOOD voice work if you compare them to other voice actors. I think most of the hate has to do with the fact that they land a lot of roles which is mostly due to the fact that they are more experienced so they get more work.

There's a reason you hear Crispin Freeman, Steven Blum, and many other voice actors a lot...it's usually because dubbing studios (especially as of late) like to keep it safe by casting voice actors they know will do well.

I agree about the first part. Actually, each voice actor is a certified one.
But there're two kind of voice actors who would make great success if they have both versaitle voice or could voice cute girls. The first who came into my mind is Hanazawa Kana.

But to think that people would make & "worst voice actor?" thread, MAL is full of evil people lol.

autisticanime said:

Linda (name may be wrong) Ballantyne was worse.

The one in your profile picture, is the guy from the 4th devision ?

Yeah...not sure what that has to do with the topic. I do know people give Spike Spencer flack though. I don't mind him, but that might be bias as I like some of his characters.

autisticanimeAug 15, 2016 4:28 AM
Aug 15, 2016 5:43 AM
May 2009
Sephor said:
That like pilot episode of One Piece (One made in 1998) sounded like crap. I hated all their voice for the main cast.

Considering it was a pilot, Pretty sure thats how everyone felt and the reason why the entire cast was changed for the actual series.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - 2 hours ago

14 by Zedlin »»
54 seconds ago

» Longest pre 1990 anime youve watched? ( 1 2 )

Nothing-Nowhere - Dec 29, 2021

64 by Zedlin »»
3 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - Yesterday

24 by perseii »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

108 by MoistyPanda »»
13 minutes ago

» Any idea for my 2000th anime?

BenjaminJunior - 2 hours ago

6 by Zalis »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.