Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de' Gets Anime Adaptation by Studio Trigger

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 11, 2014 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
Gonna pass. Trigger's humor is anything but funny, KLK is a shining example of that.
Mar 11, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting Shōnen instead of a Seinin huh? Wonder if they can use their powers properly before 'that day' comes, plot's interesting. And the animator is the one who did Kill la Kill? Well one of the reasons I dropped KlK is that it looked 'choppy' but, I'm doubting that's gonna be the case for this one, looking forward to it.
Mar 11, 2014 1:05 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting. And if that Drama CD's cast will be the same for the anime then I'd like a ticket to board the hype train please :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 11, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
The humor and artstyle in Kill la Kill got old very fast and before realizing it i already dropped that show in eps 10. Really hope this show will be anything but that
Mar 11, 2014 1:16 AM

Apr 2012
Feeling unsure about this. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Mar 11, 2014 1:32 AM

Dec 2011
Had my eye on this LN for a while now. Will watch the anime - this could be a good one.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 11, 2014 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
Amiluhur said:
The humor and artstyle in Kill la Kill got old very fast and before realizing it i already dropped that show in eps 10. Really hope this show will be anything but that

I agree...they gotta distance themselves from that artwork rl quick and start animating character movements instead of just having them slide across the screen
Mar 11, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2011
Anothe Trigger production. FCK, so HYPE!!
Mar 11, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
Amiluhur said:

You dropped the AOTY 5 episodes before the reveal that changed anime forever.

Baka
Mar 11, 2014 2:43 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I can't wait to see how Trigger will handle this light novel! And they might have picked a good LN to animate too.
Mar 11, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
I'm confused with this synopsis
"thrown into a world of super-powered battles (inō-battle)"
"No secret organizations bent on world destruction, no super-powered wars, no braves or demon kings."

Sorry, maybe it's just a stupid question

But, this anime definitely triggered my ahoge xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 11, 2014 2:51 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, after Shaft with Nisekoi, Trigger also strikes with the same tactics to adapt a generic harem.
Mar 11, 2014 3:03 AM

Apr 2009
Trigger... why... ;_;
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 11, 2014 3:07 AM
Sep 2012
I have no clue who studio Trigger is but ive read the novels and to those who say that this is a generic harem, even though it is a harem(maybe general, harem animes are my favourite genre so im not exactly good at drawing the line between general and not general.)

i really do like the way they take it and if they do well in adapting the humor(which i think will be quite hard.) from the novels i think it could be great so i say give it a go.

I dont think they can cover much anyway cause theres only 5 volumes out at the moment
Mar 11, 2014 3:07 AM

Feb 2011
"Oh boy, another LN adaption, guess I won't be watching tha-" *notices Studio Trigger*

"Fuck it, I'm in."
Mar 11, 2014 3:09 AM
Nov 2008
Ray_Light said:
I'm confused with this synopsis
"thrown into a world of super-powered battles (inō-battle)"
"No secret organizations bent on world destruction, no super-powered wars, no braves or demon kings."

Sorry, maybe it's just a stupid question

But, this anime definitely triggered my ahoge xD

They got super powahs only to find out their expectations weren't met.
Mar 11, 2014 3:22 AM

Apr 2009
I don't get the people who get hyped because of Trigger here. If the content is meh, not even a good studio can save it. And this is a LN adaption with a harem and romcom elements...
Mar 11, 2014 3:24 AM
Nov 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
I don't get the people who get hyped because of Trigger here. If the content is meh, not even a good studio can save it. And this is a LN adaption with a harem and romcom elements...
'Cos they do the good shit, mah nig.

Keep the prej' goin' though.
Mar 11, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2013
Just give me god damn inferno cop 2 already

jk... gonna watch it for fun
Mar 11, 2014 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
Lord Inferno Cop sacrificed himself for our sins, is this how you repay him?!
Mar 11, 2014 3:53 AM

Feb 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Meh, I'm just curious to see what Trigger does with an LN adaption. I usually don't like LN adaptions at all though, so even if it's Trigger, I could end up disliking it.
Mar 11, 2014 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
Based TRIGGER.
I'll give it a chance for sure but I'm not too happy about Trigger losing their way.
Hopefully they will take the cast of the Drama CD.

Mar 11, 2014 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
What terrible news to wake up to. Completely ruined my day. Just when you thought that anime could be saved by a studio, they end up making shit.

But what if... what if they completely change the story and character traits, and turn this into a satire, making fun of the current state of anime industry and light novel crap? 10/10 sold.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 11, 2014 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
ZetaZaku said:

But what if... what if they completely change the story and character traits, and turn this into a satire, making fun of the current state of anime industry and light novel crap? 10/10 sold.

I'd love that. But they could indeed make it like Stella C3 or Ga-Rei and completely change the content in the adaption.

Other than that, this is probably a purely economic decision. Kinda like DP, use Neptunia to finance actually good anime like Jojo.
NidhoeggrMar 11, 2014 4:18 AM
Mar 11, 2014 4:17 AM

Aug 2013
Hahaha.. this is interesting to see.
Mar 11, 2014 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
Because its made by Studio Trigger then it must be god damn good!~

This is another reason why killaterrible is bad. Seriously getting yourself hyped over whatever obscure title because its made by a generic company? Then you complain later why I don't like the generic stuff.

Lemme feel the future... ahh, the future is so cool.
Trigger will be forgotten as soon as this anime gets the light. Wait wait, I forgot the main rule: even the worst anime on the planet can't be forgotten, especially with otakus working day and night to bring these so terrible experiences to the masses.
Tsun_PookaMar 11, 2014 4:39 AM
Mar 11, 2014 4:39 AM
Sep 2013
A LN adaptation really Trigger.. I was expecting only original works from them to be frank.. Especially since Kill La Kill actually did pretty well financially.

Do we know who's directing it? I kinda have trouble thinking Imaishi could be behind this. Also the art is as boring as can be.
Di-DorvalMar 11, 2014 4:44 AM
Mar 11, 2014 4:44 AM

Mar 2014
Di-Dorval said:
A LN adaptation really Trigger.. I was expecting only original works from them to be frank..

Do we know who's directing it? I kinda have trouble thinking Imaishi could be behind this. Also the art is as boring as can be.

So, did you seriously expect a company would stay original for very long even if they were stupid trigger themselves?

Like I said many times before, there's nothing Trigger done that no other company didn't. All what Trigger did was release anime, and just like how it worked for the other guys (such as the overrated three), they got viral mindless acclaim. Now, my points are proving themselves even further.

And how would the directing matter? Apart from the hard to remember Japanese names, writing is more important than the directing.
Mar 11, 2014 4:51 AM
Feb 2012
Trigger's name is enough to warrant me watching the first episode at least. But like it's been mentioned already- not even a good studio can save a shitty story.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 11, 2014 4:51 AM
Sep 2013
Lord_Pooka said:

And how would the directing matter? Apart from the hard to remember Japanese names, writing is more important than the directing.

If you want a clear example of the importance of direction in anime. Watch Re: Cutie Honey.
The show has three episodes each directed by a different person and its widely different in style, especially the first Imaishi episode.

Another example is any work directed by Yuasa (tatami galaxy, mind game..) is extremely discernable from your standard anime.

Trigger is formed by some of the best creative talent of the old Gainax, so it's normal to expect a lot.
Mar 11, 2014 4:53 AM

Mar 2014
GuiltyKing said:
Trigger's name is enough to warrant me watching the first episode at least. But like it's been mentioned already- not even a good studio can save a shitty story.

Yet people told me "don't judge the book by the cover!" when I judge killaterrible by its name. But now I'm seeing people doing what they tell me not to do... getting an anime a pass because trigger makes it.

trigger, just die already. The anime industry needs people who have good ideas to use, not the same two companies like trigger who makes generic animes yet gets the love.
Mar 11, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
Lord_Pooka said:
GuiltyKing said:

Yet people told me "don't judge the book by the cover!" when I judge killaterrible by its name. But now I'm seeing people doing what they tell me not to do... getting an anime a pass because trigger makes it.

trigger, just die already. The anime industry needs people who have good ideas to use, not the same two companies like trigger who makes generic animes yet gets the love.

It's so cute to see someone hate on a simple, flawed, but decent story like KlK when his favourites are Mirai Nikki and Higurashi...
Mar 11, 2014 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
Gotta wondering though, for people who hype over this show. Are they hyping it because it's made by Trigger, or because it will be (almost inevitably) directed by Imaishi with all his wacky style?
Mar 11, 2014 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
Man I love passing judgement on an anime based on a short synopsis.
Mar 11, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
YoumuKonpaku said:
Man I love passing judgement on an anime based on a short synopsis.

Unless you're being sarcastic, here's your answer; Because we're on a thread about premise and synopsis of upcoming show, hence it follows that people are going to comment based on such premise and synopsis. Not anyone here can read japanese to actually check the source material before formulating their opinions. And everyone has the right to negatively comments on said synopsis as everyone else positively does.
Mar 11, 2014 6:06 AM

Jul 2012
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School, Shounen, Supernatural
+
tsudecimo said:
Trigger's humor is anything but funny.

No, thank you. Will pass.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 11, 2014 6:10 AM

Dec 2011
It isn't trigger's humour, though. Because they're not the story's original writers as they were for past series.

Take that as you will, positively or negatively. Except Nidhoeggr who is physically incapable of the former.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 11, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2009
Sound like Chuunibyou.
Mar 11, 2014 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
Based Trigger
Mar 11, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
TRIGGER save us all!!!!! Instant 10/10!
Mar 11, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2013
Asami Imai? Rie Kugimiya? I'M IN
Mar 11, 2014 7:17 AM

Jul 2013
Oohh yeaah.
Have been on my radar for a while, discovered it because it's average at best, the kind of thing you like because of a certain character. Considering Trigger will add it's style of humor, consider me on team hype.

I wonder if Trigger has been chosen to animate this as some contractual part of that Super Ultra Pictures thing.
JoksPacifistMar 11, 2014 7:22 AM
Mar 11, 2014 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Looks meh, at least is better than Kill la Kill

Little Witch Academy 2 when Trigger?
Mar 11, 2014 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
Using piss budget for adaptations is a disaster, hope this doesn't delay LWA2.

Mar 11, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2010
ZetaZaku said:
What terrible news to wake up to. Completely ruined my day. Just when you thought that anime could be saved by a studio, they end up making shit.

Its like people don't realize Gainax started off as a studio making otaku shows.

Mar 11, 2014 7:52 AM
Sep 2013
RyanSaotome said:

Its like people don't realize Gainax started off as a studio making otaku shows.

Have you watched the shows they did before Eva? They are the good kind of Otaku pandering, a celebration of the awesome parts instead of mediocre wallowing (has most LN adaptations are). Thoughtful and full of crazy idea.
Gunbuster, Otaku no video, Nadia, Daicon

I'm not saying itll be obligatory bad though.

Di-DorvalMar 11, 2014 8:03 AM
Mar 11, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

I'd love that. But they could indeed make it like Stella C3 or Ga-Rei and completely change the content in the adaption.

If they pull a 'c3-bu', they'll just end up turning something decent(or below-average) into a steaming pile of crap.

Other than that, this is probably a purely economic decision. Kinda like DP, use Neptunia to finance actually good anime like Jojo.

Thats not how most studios work. Unless they are actually the ones who invest heavily into the anime, but in most cases the studio is not the one who does the financing.

Maybe somebody else can explain it better than me.

RyanSaotome said:
ZetaZaku said:

And that Kill la Kill is popular among Otaku.
rederoinMar 11, 2014 7:57 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 11, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
mosaic said:
Trigger gotta make money using crap material... Well, that was expected.

How do you know its crap without having read the source material?
rederoinMar 11, 2014 8:08 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 11, 2014 8:07 AM

Sep 2013
The same people keep saying, after something is announced, it sucks, do any of you even watch anime? I doubt it and their excuse is, it isn't realistic, I'm too smart for this, it's comedy and it has hot/cute girls (f@ggots), this is how you know who the trolls and sheep are.

Will watch, not everything needs to have drama.
Mar 11, 2014 8:11 AM

May 2012
rederoin said:
mosaic said:
Trigger gotta make money using crap material... Well, that was expected.

How do you its crap without having read the source material?

Sometimes something looks so generic/bad that you can tell it won't be good. For example, I didn't need to watch Disaster Movie to tell that it was going to suck, it's the same with this.

ichii_1 said:
The same people keep saying, after something is announced, it sucks, do any of you even watch anime? I doubt it and their excuse is, it isn't realistic, I'm too smart for this, it's comedy and it has hot/cute girls (f@ggots), this is how you know who the trolls and sheep are.

Will watch, not everything needs to have drama.

Sorry, but not everyone thinks drawn girls are hot or cute. Does that make them homosexual? No.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
34 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
36 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
59 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.