Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 11, 2016 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
2 year timeskip....and women do NOT GROW THAT MUCH IN 2 YEARS!!! Holy jesus Cal.
Feb 11, 2017 7:13 PM

Dec 2011
I can't take this episode seriously.
Mar 27, 2017 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

This almost turned into a standard school-anime.
I do enjoy these kinds of switch-ups from the "normal".

Cal, loli no longer. That's quite the growth spurt for only 2 years.

I like "Transparent" as the ED. It's more fitting for the anime.
Jul 29, 2017 7:31 AM

May 2015
Puberty hit Loli like a truck.

First half of this episode was one big wtf.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 22, 2017 11:59 PM

Jan 2010
The opening to this episode felt like an Alternate Universe. I thought this was supposed to be some OVA or something where everyone was in school doing school antics. So this is real? Wow, uh, that's a really stark transition.
Apr 16, 2018 10:14 PM

Aug 2014
Wow...so SM turned Cal into an assassin to kill Elen and Reiji. This sucks, man.. I like all three of them. Is it foolish of me to wish for a happy ending with all three of them? Fuuuuck. I hate SM so bad. I hope he dies eventually.
Apr 23, 2018 10:39 AM

May 2016
The thing I feared the most just happened but seriously what happened to our beautiful Cal ;-;
New ed is good much better than the previous one, I was really surprised when Reiji was a high schooler I thought it'd be a filler or something just to introduce his hometown Or something, I guess their appearance is not a problem since they both look young, and love the fact that we are back to Japan now things going to get interesting but I really don't want Cal to die like this way.
Mar 26, 2019 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
What potion did Cal use to growth that much ? She suddenly growing older than Reiji when Reiji is still in high school ! I think Reiji before timeskip was not in early high school age though ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 14, 2019 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
what the hell! How can Cal grow from that tiny girl to a grown woman like this in two years? They are not even enough to grow her hair to that length. She looks like twenty something. I bet she's taller than Reiji.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Apr 2017
Niklai said:
Oh, hell with those ages. Seriously. Maybe it was so in the game, but I prefer to look at anime, and what do we have there? We have serious Reji and Elen, acting tough and mature, looking old as well. It would seem that they're at least 19 at the begining of the series, and that makes a lot more sense to me. Besides, let's face it - kids and teenagers DOESN'T have a simple strenght to efficently kill (maybe with ak-47 in africa's villages, when they just have to be cannon-meat, but not in urban environment as an trained assassin), despite of what most series are trying to tell us. Hell, sniper rifle used by Elen a few eps back would recoil so hard, that frekin' muscled soldier would have a nice bruise. That's why I sincerely screw theory about young age and ingorantly believe, that Reji and Elen are 19-21 (after all this age is universal for muscle grow) through the series, it makes things much more realistic and that's what I long in anime (in general). Sure, hypotheticaly kid would be much easier to manipulate, but in Phantom main characters are memory-wiped clean, so this factor is irrelevant here (exept Cal, but if we look at the series, she acutally was drawn as teenager, and acted just as teenager is supposed to, that's why I'm reffering only to Ein&Zwei team. And seriously, aside of that, I don't care about Cal :P Maybe it'll change now, when she grew older).
Maybe it has something to do that I'm myself 20, but well, it cannot be helped. And if someone would tell me that I can't stand with my decision after this episode, 'cause Reji and Elen are in school... Well, first think about it as collage/studies - they can be ~20 then. Or haven't you seen older people, catching up on high school, which they'd drop long time ago?
As for the end of this meaningless post which probably won't be read by most of you (and I suppose I'm right in this statement :PP) I don't trying to impose my thoughts on you guys, I'm just standing up for those who want Realistic (underline this one) anime, and at last can have one, keeping in mind what they see at the screen, not some few numbers which came up from game scriptwriter.
And as for post scriptum, from me: no teenagers for assassins! Let's keep things real and handling guns for 18+!
Regards ;)
I have to agree wholeheartedly. I just finished this episode and them being in a high school environment has irked me so bad. I have thought they have been at the least 21 years old if not older. This was a major break in immersion for me.
Feb 22, 2020 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
I couldn't believe my eyes at first, but puberty hit Cal harder than any explosion could've ever. From loli to onee-san in two years xD I'm just pissed that her motivation for switching to the dark side sucks.

The school setting twist definitely came unexpected and I don't really know what to think of it yet lol. But then again, I actually don't really care since the plot was pretty cheesy to begin with. Not gonna lie, tho, this is still entertaining as fuck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 9:18 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I guess it kinda make sense for puberty between Asian and Westerner.

Ofc they would grow taller than asian
Apr 21, 2020 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
WTF is this?...how?
Apr 27, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2017
how the f*ck that loli ̶b̶o̶o̶b̶s̶ grow so fast in just 2 years???
Oct 26, 2020 11:36 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I've seen a lot of time skips in anime and manga, all of them ridiculous, but this one takes the cake. I don't know if Japanese screenwriters/manga authors do not understand what happens in X YEARS or of 1 anime year is 10 human years, but Jesus Christ on a cross.
Jan 2, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2017
You can't just go from looking like a 10 year old loli to a big tittied onee-sama in 2 years.

Also seriously, they couldn't think of a better place to hide than a Japanese high school? Always gotta have a high school I guess...
Jan 30, 2021 12:46 AM

Jan 2019
Cal's body went from 10 years old to 18 years old within 2 years...
Jul 20, 2022 7:40 AM

Sep 2018
WHAT HAPPENED TO CAL!? She looked like she was ~10 yo innocent girl in earlier episodes. Now it's been 2 years since then and she's back looking like 30 yo bad bitch. How did she ages so fast (and how did she grow such a big milkers lol)?
Aug 4, 2022 11:12 PM

Sep 2020
This is peak comidy but I am not here for that. This series is giving me headache.
Nov 28, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
haha lolicons are seething
Mar 12, 2023 10:42 AM

Dec 2022
I laughed at it being a high school romcom for like half the episode. No idea where this anime is even going at this point.
Cal hit one hell of a growth spurt, holy shit.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 26, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
While flawed in some regards, this anime has its highs in music, sometimes story telling and atmosphere that are hard to top
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.