Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 10:47 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
probably the best fight so far, but I'm seriously tired of the cliche way they ended the fight :/
and I still think Ringo's wind attacks would have worked wonders here.

speaking of Ringo, loved her this episode ;)
Jul 24, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2011
Ringo says she's been there since the beginning, yet she CLEARLY wasn't in the last episode.

And if Misaki screams every time she's about to launch an attack, it kind of takes away any surprise element, does it not?

And Hikaru takes another 4 hits of Magic Guard without suffering at all in the first round of the fight.

Hatoko does everything with a single key on the keyboard.

And all those mass of powerful hits from Wizard is only the equivalent of... what... 2 hits from Hikaru, a comparatively weak angel. Right.

Misaki is the one with a magic and inexplicable defence.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 21, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
Well that was a fun fight, had me on the edge of my seat there.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 10, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Ringo says she's been there since the beginning, yet she CLEARLY wasn't in the last episode.

And if Misaki screams every time she's about to launch an attack, it kind of takes away any surprise element, does it not?

And Hikaru takes another 4 hits of Magic Guard without suffering at all in the first round of the fight.

Hatoko does everything with a single key on the keyboard.

And all those mass of powerful hits from Wizard is only the equivalent of... what... 2 hits from Hikaru, a comparatively weak angel. Right.

Misaki is the one with a magic and inexplicable defence.

Yeah, the fights in this series completely lack any logical basis for determining the winner. I think its probably because it was targeted at young girls and they assumed that audience wouldn't care. Honestly, I can't say they're wrong about that either.

Personally, I would have preferred if they'd taken a more realistic approach to it, forced her to train a bit and logically thought about the consequences of each angel's abilities when doing the fight choreography. So far, I haven't found a series with this sort of premise that does that though. Even the ones for boys follow the same basic pattern.
Mar 4, 2017 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty predictable fight. Not sure how I feel about Oujirou basically switching targets from the mother to the daughter lol. Also it was kind of implied that he had difficulty connecting with Icchan before.. I feel like there is so much potential to explore in depth the relationships in this show but a lot of it gets pushed aside for the fights. This should have been a much longer series.
Sep 30, 2018 12:57 AM

Feb 2015
Good fight. Oujirou suddenly substituting Misaki in for Shuko was...creepy...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 1 Discussion

ukonkivi - Feb 4, 2009

14 by Sandwichartista »»
Mar 30, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 21, 2009

4 by Strahan »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 22 Discussion

6 by Strahan »»
Feb 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 17 Discussion

4 by Strahan »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 16 Discussion

3 by Strahan »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.