Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find it hard to believe that Alice and company didn't see her mother, and even harder to believe that they wouldn't mention seeing the champion to her. ofc, this show has a habit of ignoring the extreme fame of the champion :/

Btw, can anyone think of a good excuse why Mizaki hasn't looked up all the information she could possibly find on her idol yet? other than the obvious problem that it would cause for the plot I mean.
Jul 15, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2011
If I had a pound for every time Misaki said "na" or "ha" in some stupid and pathetic way then I'd be rich. And people compliment her personality? You call that a personality?

Though "stupid and pathetic" is a good description for that episode in general.

Btw, can anyone think of a good excuse why Mizaki hasn't looked up all the information she could possibly find on her idol yet? other than the obvious problem that it would cause for the plot I mean.

Or why nobody in the world has noticed at least as a point of casual interest that the two of them share the same family name?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 28, 2017 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, not a great episode, felt like this one was written just to show how special and loved Misaki is when she's barely developed as a character (like just about everyone else in this show). I kinda felt like everyone was being selfish competing to be her second instead of letting her choose for herself. Also, I predicted that Shuko wouldn't meet her after all, they are clearly saving that until the end of the series, but jeez, talk about a terrible mom. Yes, she has her health problems but I have very little sympathy for her. :/
Sep 28, 2018 11:40 PM

Feb 2015
Ugh...of course her mom didn't face her again. Her selfishness bothers me...she has such a sweet daughter waiting for her. Felt bad when Misaki was being pushed into choosing her second despite Misaki having decided on Hotoku and Hotoku already preparing to help her. Glad it worked out - they are cute. The hammy was the highlight of the ep!

Jan 29, 2023 7:11 AM

Jun 2007
Yea, I swear I wanna smack sense into that idiot.  She keeps making excuses to push it off, when all her daughter wants is a mom.  She doesn't care what mom is doing, she just wants her.  But what irritates me even more than the mom's wishy washiness is the sister.  She isn't being nearly emphatic enough with Shuko.  I guess in the long run it's between Misaki and Shuko, but if that was my niece and I knew she was being hurt like that I'd smack some sense into my sister heh.

When Kaede and Sai shown up to the party, I had to chuckle at little.  Sai was kind of a jerk to Misaki, Kaede even called her out on it once, so I'd be a little surprised when I see her show up.  Though that had nothing on Arisu and her sister showing up.  I really wish Misaki had found out about their cheating, so when Arisu said "we won't lose next time" she could be like "well, you definitely better cheat again then because no other way that'll happen" lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 1 Discussion

ukonkivi - Feb 4, 2009

14 by Sandwichartista »»
Mar 30, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 21, 2009

4 by Strahan »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 22 Discussion

6 by Strahan »»
Feb 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 16 Discussion

3 by Strahan »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Angelic Layer Episode 11 Discussion

willag - Aug 26, 2011

8 by Strahan »»
Jan 23, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.