Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
DarklordVor said:
Ah damn, I thought this episode was canon episode so I was going to watch it. And damn... I almost got spoiled by Itachi's arc. Now that I see this, I kind of want to watch it.

Next week's preview's animation looks good though. I hope they don't fuck up like with Guy's eight gate animation.

Guy's eight gate fight already happened.

What I mean is, I hope they don't fucked up again like Guy's eight gate's animation fight. It looked like a cardboard fight than a high budget ones.

May 1, 2016 10:53 AM

Sep 2008
First the "main boss" was Obito, for he was strong and no one could beat him.
But no, he was actually manipulated by Madara, so he was the last one to beat.
No, wait, Madara is using ten tails to fight whole army, all 5 Leaf Kages and Naruto.
No, no, sorry, it's Obito again, he absorbed ten tails. He's basically unstoppable now.
Oh no, sorry, it was just what Madara wanted, he now absorbed Obitos' body to be reborn.
Woops, sorry, it's not Madara, it's actually black Zetsu working for Kaguya.

I just want to point out this is all during just 1 fight.
M. Night Shyamalan would be proud.

Give it 2 more episodes and I can even see the actual Sage of Six paths get reborn by using his mother and saying it was his plan all along and he became evil because his cat fell off the tree and died. Poor cat.

But then again, I should be happy we're back on canon and I just want to see how it ends so I'll stop whining and enjoy fighting. That's all this end is, one giant fight scene.

Let me just explain why I got so pissed off at constant antagonist changes.
First we had Obito, semi to fully established guy, turning bad due to shit from the past, blah blah blah. He got backstory, arc dedicated to him, few episodes of fighting and then he was switched to Madara.
Then the same routine happened to Madara, backstory, his explanation why he wants to do what he's doing, blah blah blah, some fighting.
Kaguya was mentioned in a, what, 5 episodes total, and that's being generous.

Why make her the villain now? Why not have someone, aka Madara, inherit her desire to rule, conquer, whatever. Why establish people only to drop them for the ultimate, original evil?
Ugh, I've seen the show up to this point, I'm gonna see it till the end now.
May 1, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
DarklordVor said:
Z4k said:

Guy's eight gate fight already happened.

What I mean is, I hope they don't fucked up again like Guy's eight gate's animation fight. It looked like a cardboard fight than a high budget ones.

Ah then you shouldn't worry about that since some of their best staff will be working on the future episodes.
May 2, 2016 9:48 AM
Sep 2015
nina4life said:
First the "main boss" was Obito, for he was strong and no one could beat him.
But no, he was actually manipulated by Madara, so he was the last one to beat.
No, wait, Madara is using ten tails to fight whole army, all 5 Leaf Kages and Naruto.
No, no, sorry, it's Obito again, he absorbed ten tails. He's basically unstoppable now.
Oh no, sorry, it was just what Madara wanted, he now absorbed Obitos' body to be reborn.
Woops, sorry, it's not Madara, it's actually black Zetsu working for Kaguya.

I just want to point out this is all during just 1 fight.
M. Night Shyamalan would be proud.

Give it 2 more episodes and I can even see the actual Sage of Six paths get reborn by using his mother and saying it was his plan all along and he became evil because his cat fell off the tree and died. Poor cat.

But then again, I should be happy we're back on canon and I just want to see how it ends so I'll stop whining and enjoy fighting. That's all this end is, one giant fight scene.

Let me just explain why I got so pissed off at constant antagonist changes.
First we had Obito, semi to fully established guy, turning bad due to shit from the past, blah blah blah. He got backstory, arc dedicated to him, few episodes of fighting and then he was switched to Madara.
Then the same routine happened to Madara, backstory, his explanation why he wants to do what he's doing, blah blah blah, some fighting.
Kaguya was mentioned in a, what, 5 episodes total, and that's being generous.

Why make her the villain now? Why not have someone, aka Madara, inherit her desire to rule, conquer, whatever. Why establish people only to drop them for the ultimate, original evil?

So you're saying that you want a Kaguya back story arc. jk

Its not just this series, but I really get annoyed by how insanely OP the main characters become. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones able to stand up to Madara with the powers of the 10 tails, and whatever other powers he had. All of the Hokage's were basically useless, that army.... worthless. Literally all that army did was stand around and force Naruto to defend them.
May 2, 2016 1:47 PM
Oct 2013
nina4life said:

Because the backstabbing of Madara made his actions in retrospect extremely ironic.
He would do whatever it takes to reach his goal, preparing several failsaves for the possibility of his plans turning not the way he wanted and still got fucked over by the same scheming he applied his whole life after losing to Hashirama.

His initial plan was to make Nagato revive him, which is why Obito taught Nagato the Rinnegan techniques. If that should fail he had still Obito to revive him by aquiring his Rinnegan, that he also had double backup for.

For once he used the puppet seal around Obito´s heart to controll him and since Obito avoided that he still could use Black Zetsu as a backup plan to enforce his will on him. Going out of his way to make the boy his pawn and literally make him behave the same way Madara himself would.

Kaguya is just the equivalent of Satan within this universe.She didn´t care about morality, has no reasoning for her actions, besides selfish desires and no tragic past to justify her actions.

While Madara and Obito constantly thought they´d do it for the greater good, always assuming that they used on another.
It´s like plotting two sides in a war, who fight for patriotism, for freedom, for love, or for protection, when in actuality the war is always fought for the selfish needs of those who stand above you.

If you take a look at any war in history, it´s never fought for the smallfolk but for the people who demand power.
Kaguya is a decent represantation of that selfish desire, or alternatively Satan, who behaves the same way and is attributed with the same traits (selfishness, scheming, jealously....).
May 2, 2016 3:19 PM
Dec 2014
Happy that the main finally comes back, I won't be so happy, because may my happiness will over soon. Fillers are more and more common in the Anime. =(
May 2, 2016 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
KenMasters34 said:

So you're saying that you want a Kaguya back story arc. jk

Its not just this series, but I really get annoyed by how insanely OP the main characters become. Naruto and Sasuke are the only ones able to stand up to Madara with the powers of the 10 tails, and whatever other powers he had. All of the Hokage's were basically useless, that army.... worthless. Literally all that army did was stand around and force Naruto to defend them.

First off, I'll actually be surprised if we don't get Kaguya arc.

Onto other part. Yes, yes and yes. I understand final fight must be epic, glorious and better than anything else previously, but they've gone a bit too far into ultra-super-extreme powers.

And I'd still be able to get over that if they defeated ANYONE so far.
Ten tails whooped their ass, then was consumed. Obito whooped their ass, then got consumed, Madara kept crushing them left, right, up and down, and they didn't come even close to even putting a dent in him before he got consumed.

They're upping the scale without overcoming previous one.
It's as if atheletic jumper couldn't jump over 2,10 twice, raised the bar to 2,30, failed 2 times, raised the bar to 2,50, and after failing that twice again, 3m it is.

If this was a video game, I'd probably quit playing after 2nd or 3rd time I defeat same boss and go watch a video on youtube how it ends. I don't like extending stuff just so it lasts longer and looks more "epic".
nina4lifeMay 2, 2016 3:29 PM
May 3, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
Never liked Madara being replaced by the boring bitch that is Kaguya...
May 4, 2016 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
Kaguya is here everyone

May 7, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned

Saying "Fillers over! Finally!" has nothing to do with the episode itself. Especially when your post contains only this.
May 8, 2016 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
Finally time to wrap this all up.
May 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2009
Half episode was filler...and finally Kaguya is on screen.
May 12, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
What a shitty ending for Madara, I don't like that they introduce the big bad this far into the story :/
May 19, 2016 9:18 AM
Dec 2011
holly crap! so black zetsu was always working for kaguya ,,,, a lot make sence now ! okay she is beautifully dangerous oh god ":3 i am so excited i cant even sleep :3
May 22, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
After all this time, and this is how Madara gets beaten :/
Welcome Kaguya, mother of everything basically.
May 29, 2016 5:36 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shit it finally happened! No more fillers yay.
I can finally continue watching this.
May 31, 2016 6:51 AM
May 2012
Now we are talking! Let's see how this goes.
Aug 28, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
what a turn of event black zetsu , lol Madara
kaguya welcome

Oct 22, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2014
You reap what you sow. But still, I can't help but feel bad for Madara. Turns out that ideal world is a front for stealing their chakra and turning them into White Zetsu. I do wonder what kind of personality this Kaguya will have.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 7, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck me, what a way for Madara to go...now I know why people said he was literally unbeatable. The revelation of Infinite Tsukuyomi's true purpose was chilling, living in a perfect dream world shortly before being distorted into a nightmare.
Mar 25, 2017 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
Kaguya looks pretty hot xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 7, 2017 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Dat strike. Dat betrayal.
Madara got played. That wasn't according to his keikaku.
Holy shit! Kaguya has been revived. Final boss time!
Nice ED.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 8, 2017 4:56 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah I stopped watching after episode 428 and now that this fucking anime is finally done airing I'm back baby! Why they waited for it to reach episode 500 before they decided to end it I don't know but without the fillers this should be just around 200-250. Ridiculous amount of fillers ffs. And they even released a Boruto movie way before this finished. So no one's gonna complain about spoilers when I say Naruto became Hokage and he married Hinata and they have a son? Because everyone fucking knows it already!

Anyway, I've forgotten many details all I remember is that they're currently at war. And I'm kinda confused about Kaguya and the story about the sage of six paths whatever I won't bother searching about it. Just show me some cool action.
Apr 30, 2017 5:18 AM

Jan 2014
Kaguya is back..
shit just got real
May 22, 2017 12:13 AM

May 2013
Oh shit, plot twist :OOO
Jun 11, 2017 5:50 AM
May 2016
I had a feeling Kaguya would have some role, but not like this ! I had always thought Black Zetsu would have some major part ever since his introduction and as Madara's will incarnate I thought that's that. More of him -> ''didn't see it coming :o "

btw Kaguya's OST was "spine chilling"! loved it
ss_prfmJun 11, 2017 5:55 AM
Nov 10, 2017 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
what a twist hahaha

whoaaaaaa
Oct 23, 2018 7:44 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
the action returned to this episode!!!!
Sep 13, 2019 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
Back into the thick of things, and lmao Madara got served!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 15, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2015
Almost 40 episodes had to happen to continue from when Madara activated infinite tsukuyomi holy fuck
poor people that had to wait week after week

anyway Madara got rekt by Kaguya in an instant
She kinda hot, giving me milf vibes

ALSO
THIS BETTER BE LEGIT

anikevinSep 15, 2019 2:48 AM
Jul 10, 2020 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
at last... now finish this fast to start boruto... ;o I wonder if there can be anyone stronger than creator of this naruto world... maybe it should just end with Naruto?
(ใฅ๏ฟฃ ³๏ฟฃ)ใฅ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใกใ‚…ใฃ ใ‚ญใ‚น (´๏ฝกโœชωโœช๏ฝก๏ฝ€)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 8, 2021 6:54 PM
Jun 2013
R.I.P. Madara THE GOAT! Great villain. Always entertaining to watch.

I've heard things about Kaguya over the years. I love Madara and hate to see him go, but honestly her debut in the series is not as bad as I was anticipating...in fact, I don't think it's bad at all. This was a great twist that mostly makes sense. The only thing I don't understand is how Black Zetsu is not Madara's incarnate will. I assume the minute Madara started messing with the geno statue, he was screwed. The idea that the stone tablet was revisionist history is (in theory, at least) brilliant. I just wish there had been a little more foreshadowing, some breadcrumbs about the tablet. What WAS DEFINITELY bad was the Sage of 6 paths randomly powering up Naruto and Sasuke.
Apr 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Dec 2007
nice ending to the itachi arc, though it kinda lost it point after the akatsuki part, it was still nice.

back to the plot, black zetsu phrased it well, madaara was just another pawn, now kakuya is the new villain? why did you did this kishi?

at any rate, i hope there won't be another "kaguya was just another pawn twist", the obito pawn was good, this one was just so quick and came from no where without any hint, it made this twist really to left really bad taste in my mouth...
Apr 24, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2020
That flashback no jutsu was surprisingly good especially considering how we just finished watching Itachi's life. The whole black zetsu and kaguya stuff is still crap to me no matter what.

Jul 6, 2021 8:30 AM

Jan 2020
finally back to the actual story line. I really liked that last arc tho
Apr 27, 2022 10:16 AM

Feb 2021
Eh the first half was pretty much a compilation of flashbacks.

Also, I kinda knew about black Zetsu betraying Madara and Kaguya being the main villain but damn this is even worse than what I knew.

How is black Zetsu able to kill Madara with just one jab to the heart? Then why was Madara saying that he's practically immortal now?

Well I guess we have another overpowered villain.

May 22, 2022 12:55 PM
Sep 5, 2022 10:15 PM
Feb 2021
And with this episode one of the biggest issues I have with the narrative arises: the final boss being a character that no one knew existed until the last minute. Because of this, I have no time to develop any feelings toward Kaguya.
Sep 24, 2022 9:29 PM

Aug 2017
Just like Madara betrayed Obito, Black Zetsu betrayed Madara... I really thought he was created by Madara, that was very surprising. I guess they won't have to defeat Madara in the end, lol. Poor guy, he was having fun and fell right into that trap.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
6 hours ago

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

38 by BotGang »»
May 19, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

71 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 17, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

81 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 14, 12:56 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.