Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2008 3:18 AM

Apr 2008
AngelLily said:
Doesn't she have hopes and dreams of her own?

hasn't it been made clear that her hopes and dreams are to live with Naoki Irie, no matter what it takes? That's all that's needed by some.

I do agree that the reason Irie is acting like this is, as others have said, due to his not knowing how to react to the emotions he's feeling. He'll quickly realize what he's done wrong, he is intelligent after all, but it might take him some time to actually act on his realization and feelings. There are still 7-8 episodes left, plenty can happen still.
Aug 25, 2008 2:55 AM
Jun 2008
I don't think it's a matter of Irie not really caring about Kotoko so much as a matter of him simply not understanding how to care.

1) He's got pretty much everything he's ever wanted handed to him on a silver spoon all his life whether he wanted it or not. I don't honestly think he even knew that the emotion that he was experiencing was jealousy in the first place; it just never occurred to him because he's never had to deal with an emotion such as jealousy in the first place.

2) He's shut off most emotions of any kind for the better part of his life so experiencing the wide range of emotions that he got when he started developing feelings for Kotoko is probably something he's not used to and does not know how to deal with. Yes, he'll realize eventually how he's feeling, but that will probably take a couple of episodes before he does.

As for Kotoko, to be honest, the very fact that Kotoko's entire life is based on Naoki Irie actually somewhat annoys me, but then again that's the way her character was made in the manga in the first place. You can't really fault the animators for following what the original author intended for the character to be like and considering the type of girl Kotoko is, maybe a push by some other force is needed to make her do something in the first place.

I don't honestly think she has any real dreams other than to be by Naoki's side for as long as she's living and I guess for her that's enough.

Jan 30, 2009 1:30 AM

Aug 2007
Well Irie has always been like that. no surprise that Irie is cold, but it's not exactly a good thing either..
Feb 8, 2009 8:08 AM

Dec 2008
interesting episode with another badly hurt kotoko, iam really wondering how she can stand all this... and i wonder how she deserves to be treated so coldhearted, i cant imagine how i would act or feel in this situation.
Mar 24, 2009 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
*coughs* Okay, is anyone else reminded of the Twilight book series? >.> I just started watching this show a couple days ago, and now with Keita and Naoki I can't stop thinking of Jacob and Edward, haha.
Apr 23, 2009 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
too bad kotoko is just too stupid to forget about naoki :/
Sep 2, 2009 3:32 AM

Aug 2008
I really like Keita, he seems like a good guy :) Wonder what will happen next!

Oct 8, 2009 10:28 PM

May 2009
im i the only person here who sees a resemblance from the Twilight Series Books o.o....
Dec 20, 2009 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
lessthan3 said:
Aarana said:
One thing we have to remember about Irie is that he is emotionally stunted.

He doesn't KNOW what jealousy is. Honestly, he has gotten anything he has ever wanted and more. He hasn't had to try for anything. Everything has come naturally and easy.

He has never been frustrated, or antzy, or anxious. Especially not jealous.

So what does a "child" do when they are faced with something they don't understand. They back off. It reminds me of the old "girls have cooties" tale that all the boys use, (or girls) because they don't understand.

He may be very educationally mature, but he has the emotions of a 5year old.

Thats why it makes this marriage so interesting :D And people wondered what this arc would be about!

exactly! :3 That is Irie's problem, haha. You're right on target.

QFT

How can you deal with something well when you have never experienced such a thing before? Its like telling a guy to drive a car down a motorway when hes never driven a car before lol. Bad analogy but yea. Series is getting interesting now.
Feb 18, 2010 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
I'm getting really pissed of at Irie, i mean, i know its his personality. but he could at least try being more passionate. I mean, he probably has a dead face during sex too i swear to god. I mean shit, don't get me wrong, i'm KotokoxIrie all the way, but if i was in Kotoko's position i just might do something stupid and go to Keita.
Feb 12, 2011 1:49 AM

May 2010
I've got to sympathize with Irie. Of course, I have a very similar personality to him (though not as extreme), so I understand what he's thinking. We're both INTJ's (Myers-Briggs). He just doesn't know how to express his feelings. What may be easy for someone else in a relationship is difficult and unnatural for him. He's a caring person, but he's not going to cry with or comfort people to show it. The main way he can show his love is through actions and quality time.
May 6, 2011 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
great episode. i am loving the development going on in this series
Jul 17, 2011 9:06 PM
Jul 2011
I've been waiting for this since the beginning of the series and I had completely given up hope for it since episode 13. I still can't say that it completely saves the series, I personally feel that it's come a bit too late. If it had occurred before the two got married or Naiko even confessed than all these feelings between the two up to this point wouldn't feel so contrived and phoned in. Still, it's better than nothing and I'm willing to take my finger off the rage button for a few more episodes to see what comes of it. At the very least the main premise might not be a total failure and that coupled with all the amusing side characters would make this anime at least passable.
Jul 25, 2012 1:55 AM

May 2008
Hoping Kotoko ends up with Keita and Naoki ends up old and alone then dies of a heart attack while yelling at children to get off his lawn.
Aug 8, 2012 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
Keita is so much better than Naoki, at least he cares
i hope Kotoko ends up with him
Sep 28, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
Kotoko is finally realizing that maybe being in such an abusive relationship might not be a good thing for her. She is seriously considering Keita at this point, he is the second nice guy to tell her that she deserves better than asshole Naoki, I guess the difference now is that Keita is a lot more handsome than Kin-chan so now she thinks she has a reason to leave Naoki, god is she shallow.
Although I don't think it will happen, I'm still hoping for KotokoXKeita.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Apr 2, 2013 3:06 PM

Feb 2009
She should just dump Naoki's ass and get happy with Keita... >___> I wouldn't stick around such a cold bastard for so long. She doesn't seem to have any selfesteem.
May 7, 2013 5:19 AM
Nov 2012
Damn Keita, ruining a perfectly good relationship. Kotoko and Irei's relation ain't looking that good.
Jul 4, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
Oh boy! Irie sure has heavy competition, I do hope she's not that stupid to leave him... that new guy is quite the smooth talker but I dislike him... oh well lets just hope Kotoko isn't that stupid.
Sep 26, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
More drama I didn't expect something like this to happen after they got married. I lol'd when Naoki's mom said she would've left Naoki for Keita if she was in Kotoko's position.
Dec 10, 2013 9:00 AM
Mar 2013
I feel so bad for Kotoko and Irie ;_;

On the one hand Irie has probably never been jealous before so he doesn't know how to handle it. Irie needs to realize that he can't fix the problem with the same cold attitude he used to start it.

Also, screw this Keita guy. He tried kissing an unconscious woman, and not just any unconscious women, a married one! And he tells said woman to "break up"? I'd never go for a guy like him in a million years.

Anyway, when Irie caught Keita trying to kiss Kotoko made my heart skip a beat! If only he acted like that more ^_^
Sep 16, 2014 10:29 AM

Jun 2014
So, long story short, no one in this entire anime has principles and respect for people? About the only good guy is Kin so far.

-Naoki treats his wife like garbage.
-Kotoko breaks Kin's heart for a horrible man.
-Her friends don't care that Naoki's married.
-The longhaired hippie can't keep his hands to himself. No matter what Naoki does, it's wrong to just ask something like that of Kotoko.
Sep 27, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, Naoki is jealous and from the preview, it look like he doesn't understand that feeling :3
But the situation got a bit overboard now that Naoki have let that situation last too long. He'll have to take a decision next episode.

Mom still trying to protect their marriage. She's such a best mom.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 1, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
I hate this Keita guy. His selfishness will do nothing but ruin Kotoko's happiness.
May 24, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
My heart hurts so much for Kotoko. I can't wait for this to be resolved.
Aug 9, 2015 8:00 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Irie was such a jerk this episode.

She was just asking for permission and letting him know she'd be home late. But no, he has to get jealous and push her away. He needs to man up and accept he's jealous. Otherwise, his cold behavior will lead him to pull a Kin-chan and possibly rape Kotoko because of his jealousy reaching a breaking point.

Irie's mom wearing all black. xD
That's got to be the most ridiculous thing she's done. In summer really.

Dec 31, 2015 12:05 PM
May 2015
I don't support adultery.
Jan 6, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2014
Ahhhh.. Tsk tsk this ep.. Number one factor when in a relationship is communication. Be more open to each other, be honest and speak up!! Ahhh, that's the reason why it has come to this. Ughghugugh..

Damn that Keita, taking advantage of the situation..
violityJan 6, 2017 2:59 AM
Apr 5, 2017 1:24 PM

Mar 2017
Go Mommy Irie!

I hate how Irie is acting tho... if he feels jealous then he should say so!
Keita is so good but I hate how he is flirting with Kotoko. Just like what violity said... he's taking advantage of the situation.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 9, 2017 1:43 AM
Nov 2015
If she was not Kotoko Naoki would be dumped long ago. But I guess it's hard to change yr character, even though you do really care for yr girl, it's embarrassing to suddenly break character and say gentle words. It's hard!!
Keita just came in for 2 eps and has become this important. I like him. He's good. It's like in Maison Ikkoku when Yagami appears really late into the show and makes the main couple reconsiders their relationship. The nice thing is that Keita n Yagami are not obnoxious, unreasonable pp but totally likeable.
It's a (near) adultery that I can sympathize w all 3 sides.
Sean_NessmanJun 9, 2017 1:53 AM
Jun 9, 2017 1:44 AM
Nov 2015
Sean_Nessman said:
If she was not Kotoko Naoki would be dumped long ago. But I guess it's hard to change yr character, even though you do really care for yr girl, it's embarrassing to suddenly break character and say gentle words. It's hard!!
Keita just came in for 2 eps and has become this important. I like him. He's good. It's a (near) adultery that I can sympathize w all 3 sides.

Ah yeah Mommie Irie is awesome.
I actually hoped from the new OP that Motoki n Keita would be a thing. Maybe that's just baseless hope now.
Jun 9, 2017 1:47 AM
Nov 2015
Sean_Nessman said:
Keita just came in for 2 eps and has become this important. I like him. He's good. It's a (near) adultery that I can sympathize w all 3 sides.

the only solution is to turn on the radio and dance to Madonna's "Crazy for You".
Feb 5, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
it seems that it's going to be NTR, I hate adultery.
Apr 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Feb 2018
There's literally 0% chance it happens, but for the record, I like Keita much more than Irie.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 2, 2019 5:55 PM
Apr 2016
It's funny and fascinating to see Naoki express his jealousy via repulsiveness, if only Kotoko knew how much Naoki truly worries about her though, haha. Keita is a good guy, but still, hoping Kotoko stays with Naoki.
Jun 11, 2021 9:59 PM
Feb 2020
Sorry, but going after a man/woman already in a relationship is a BIG NO-NO for me. Painting the love rival in a super positive light won't help either.
Jul 2, 2023 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
And clearly the ice block didn't learn his lesson. He is taking Kotoko for granted again and treating her like trash.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

Jan 2017
of course its just always comes down to 3 guys trying to Abduct one fucking Girl in these Romance Anime!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MagicalEmi - Sep 6, 2008

69 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.