Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Dec 2009
guys, the whole yukiatsuXanjou isn't gonna happen. At least I thought it was pretty clear that yukiatsu was just being a good friend and joking around with anjou to make her feel better and that's all. Pretty sure Tsuruko knows that too and that's why she smiled.

EDIT: I took a look again and that's actually not a smile, and she clenches her fist. Hmmm, well it seemed to me it was just a friendly thing. At least that's something I would have tried to do in that situation
robotakuJun 9, 2011 7:34 PM
Jun 9, 2011 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
I don't even know what to say. That was a pretty good episode though.

I really can't see YukiatsuxAnjou happening, it just seems too crack-y and the way he said things, I doubt that he was serious with the dating thing. I was surprised that Menma's dad agreed with the fireworks thing though. But Yukiatsu's begging must've sold it. :U

Derp, I was definitely on the edge of my seat when Menma was leaning over the bridge to look at the water. o _o The hug between Menma and Jinta at the end was definitely amazing though. <3

Also, props to them for depicting Menma's unseen presence as well.
Jun 9, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
Yukiatsu x Anaru is not going to happen and if by chance it happen, then we need lots of rotten eggs to throw at author for ruining such a good story.

klzlk said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
i wonder if poppo also had a crush on menma. the way he was asking but then he changed subject. menma got quite nice reverse harem.

I thought he was trying to ask Menma something about the day she died; maybe who does she like.

Yeah, maybe you're right.
Jun 9, 2011 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
I'm going to be so sad if Yukiatsu ends up with Anaru
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Jun 9, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
robotaku said:
guys, the whole yukiatsuXanjou isn't gonna happen. At least I thought it was pretty clear that yukiatsu was just being a good friend and joking around with anjou to make her feel better and that's all. Pretty sure Tsuruko knows that too and that's why she smiled.

EDIT: I took a look again and that's actually not a smile, and she clenches her fist. Hmmm, well it seemed to me it was just a friendly thing. At least that's something I would have tried to do in that situation

I really hope this is the case. He was really going in the right direction since Manma-gate and I'd hate it for him to ruin all that progress just cause of Menma, who isn't even alive anymore.

Jun 9, 2011 7:40 PM
Apr 2011
Personas said:
Poppo probably asking about the incident for the details, I don't think he actually liked her that way. And perhaps if Menma went and caught the carp, she would go to Heaven? Maybe that is what distracted her and her shoe was in the river...

I wonder if it was a replay of what happened to Menma back then. Like maybe when she was 6 she saw the sparkle and wanted to chase it but fell in the river. They never exactly explain how she died except show a floating shoe near a river.

Also I do feel bad for Tsuruko, but I think I feel bad that her timing was just not there. I think she could have expressed her feelings earlier but she knew it would have been moot since Yukiatsu's feelings were obviously still with Menma. Now that she's seen his conversation with Anaru, she's probably very hurt but a bit suspicious about why he's doing this as the feelings inside of him still seem unresolved.

In any case, Tsuruko deserves someone better. Like Poppo ! (Just kidding...kinda.)
Jun 9, 2011 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode. The Yukiatsu x Anaru was bullshit. I was expecting rage and I got nothing. He was being a friend. He knows about Anaru's feelings and it was his way of saying she is a desirable girl and Jintan is an idiot.
Also,I think Tsuruko will confess to Yukiatsu in the next episode.
Jun 9, 2011 7:42 PM

Dec 2009
One thing I'd like to ask people here is, what's with that stare at Menma's feet right at the end?
robotakuJun 9, 2011 7:46 PM
Jun 9, 2011 7:46 PM

May 2010
Damn. I was waiting for Jintan to let it out his feelings but I guess it's still early to say it :)

So Tsuruko does really like Yukiatsu and what's with him hinting something to Anjou.

And Popo as well, I didn't thought he would go serious all of a sudden.

With the remaining 2 eps, I think there's going to be a blast of emotions.
Jun 9, 2011 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
robotaku said:
One thing I'd like to ask people here is, what's with that stare at Menma's feet right at the end?

To show that she doesn't have a reflection on the water. She is really a ghost.
Jun 9, 2011 7:51 PM
Apr 2011
cottoncandy7 said:
robotaku said:

Good point!
Jun 9, 2011 7:52 PM

Dec 2009
cottoncandy7 said:
robotaku said:

That's what I thought but was hoping it wasn't that simple. I just had this weird feeling throughout the ep that something was amiss. But oh well
Jun 9, 2011 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
robotaku said:
cottoncandy7 said:
robotaku said:

That's what I thought but was hoping it wasn't that simple. I just had this weird feeling throughout the ep that something was amiss. But oh well

This episode was quite interesting because Jintan realized that Menma is really dead and she won't be back. It was sad as well but he is getting some good character development.
Jun 9, 2011 8:00 PM

Jul 2010
robotaku said:

Personally, I thought Jintan didn't want her in the water cos of how she died. And that shot showed how close she was to the water.

Also explains how he offered to catch the carp instead of her cos he doesn't like the thought of losing her.
BallistaJun 9, 2011 8:06 PM

Jun 9, 2011 8:02 PM

Aug 2009
Anybody getting sick of Jintan always thinking about Menma and not the others around him? He still hasn't answer Anjou's confession. Now if Anjou and Yukiastu date next episode I see it really short because at the end I think its still going to be Yukiastu and Tsuruko as a couple.
Jun 9, 2011 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
i have a feeling jintan might stop the fireworks over the fact that he really wants memma to stay with him forever,just my thoughts tho.
Jun 9, 2011 8:44 PM
Oct 2010
Not liking Anjou x Yukiatsu pairing. AT ALL.
Does anyone remember that the firework probably isn't her wish since she wanted to talk to everyone except Jintan that day? Even Yukiatsu seems to have forgotten this.
Jun 9, 2011 8:53 PM

Sep 2009
katsu044 said:
i have a feeling jintan might stop the fireworks over the fact that he really wants memma to stay with him forever,just my thoughts tho.

yeah i'm think of that too
and i think that would be great
Jun 9, 2011 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
I wouldn't be using the pages on her diary so carelessly if I were them, lol.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Jun 9, 2011 9:31 PM

Jun 2008
I find it strange that Menma never has a reflection but always has a shadow :/
Jun 9, 2011 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
I don't like this latest bit of drama. If it keeps going on the same path it will probably have a stupid end and I'll end up disliking it.

Then again, we had 8 stellar episodes and now one bad one. I hope they can make up for it in the next 2.
Ok™
Jun 9, 2011 9:50 PM

Oct 2010
SoFarGone said:
Anybody getting sick of Jintan always thinking about Menma and not the others around him? He still hasn't answer Anjou's confession. Now if Anjou and Yukiastu date next episode I see it really short because at the end I think its still going to be Yukiastu and Tsuruko as a couple.
Indeed, I think if anything it could be a ding dong to Tsuruki in moving up to Yukiatsu. In other words it's a segment that will act as

a) A shocker

b)A motivator

towards Tsuruki pretty much.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 9, 2011 9:53 PM

Nov 2008
hottbill said:
If Anjou ends up with that cross-dressing douchebag I will punch a hole in my wall.

so will I
Jun 9, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
go tsuroko. first slap him very hard and then tell him about your feelings.
^this all of it! You go dear! That's what needs exactly to be done or something original like that. Like I said earlier, a motivator may be a pusher in certain characters.
chinolal said:
Yumekichi11 said:
hottbill said:
If Anjou ends up with that cross-dressing douchebag I will punch a hole in my wall.
I would seriously get ready for the worst with what the preview shows in the spoiler
Anjou looks really well dressed, I wonder why. Need next episode soon.
I have a feeling that she might be going on a date with yukiatsu. Ever since that train incident between the two I was afraid that the two may end up together.
Exactly my fear in regards to that problem of development, the motivator segment was the train so it leads now to this, will it go or will it just be interrupted even though it went on.
hottbill said:
Jintan needs to get his mind of a dead girl and just move on before anaru has a change of heart.
I disagree slightly, I think he should understand that while still making Menma cross over. IMO if he does not do that in the end suicide may be the only major shocker of many that can unfold.

Let's Jinta thinks that Menma is going away and commits suicide to be with her or shall simply think so afterwards. The good stuff might be Anjou at that time doing something about it.
IamOyashiro-sama said:
Cirris said:
More hilarious was Anjou and Tsuruko taking turns hugging each other out of fear. I'm sure Yuri fans are swooning over the possibilities there.

Not gonna lie, I fangirl'd there! XD They were cute :)
Awww, here have it in the spoiler then

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 9, 2011 11:15 PM
May 2010
Cirris said:
Tsuruko X Yukietsu seems like another one way street destined for a dead end. The fact that Yukietsu is making overtures towards Anjou on top of being still caught up on Menma must be sickening to Tsuruko.
Mind you I doubt that would happen, nor would i want it to.

Use a spoiler tag. This thread has nothing to do with School Days, please don't assume everyone has seen it and be courteous about not giving away important parts of the plot. Thanks for ruining that for me. :/
Jun 9, 2011 11:58 PM
Mar 2011
poppo,"Ano hi, omae sa..., ano toki, sono... ore no koto..." {That day, you, um...that time, um... about me...} The most obvious inference would be that poppo likes menma and was going to ask her how she felt about him, but there is a lot of ambiguity. Felt the subs didn't accurately convey the meaning/context.

The irony of this episode is, menma shows up supposedly to stop the infighting and bring everyone together. But ends up creating more rifts.
Jun 10, 2011 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
What the heck is this unrequited love all over. They're messing with my favorite character. Even HanaIro is like this to Minko. I can't seem to accept this. Yukiatsu and Anaru? That's too half-assed. That Yukiatsu, he's not even over of Menma and he's saying he's serious at Anaru? Get over it first then reconsider.

Needs more Tsuruko and Poppo. Goodness, I'm getting carried away by this show. I dunno if it's a good thing or not.
Jun 10, 2011 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
Yes! This is what I have been waiting for. Only thing I didn't like was Yukiatsu coming on to Anaru...I don't want that at all.
Jun 10, 2011 12:35 AM
Apr 2011
Groups of friends seem to always date incestuously,.. within the inner circle i mean.
Jun 10, 2011 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
cottoncandy7 said:
Good episode. The Yukiatsu x Anaru was bullshit. I was expecting rage and I got nothing. He was being a friend. He knows about Anaru's feelings and it was his way of saying she is a desirable girl and Jintan is an idiot.
Also,I think Tsuruko will confess to Yukiatsu in the next episode.

QFT.
Man, we seriously need translation :(
But haters gonna hate.
AlexGKJun 10, 2011 12:58 AM
Jun 10, 2011 1:25 AM

May 2009
cottoncandy7 said:
robotaku said:

Bullshit, Jinta was just disappointed that he couldn't see her pantsu.

Okay, joking aside, it was a good episode, just like the others. It's good that Poppo and the others noted that they could have done that writing thing sooner, now it doesn't seem like a big plothole anymore. The fact that Menma can only write at the secret base is interesting. And now after seeing everyone's reaction when Jinta told them that Menma has grown up, it's quite weird actually.

I wonder how they're planning to finish the series. There are only 2 episodes left, I hope they won't ruin the ending.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like even Poppo was in love with Menma? Seriously, that girl...
viral_hunJun 10, 2011 1:42 AM
Jun 10, 2011 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
Gah so complicated! It's a love triangle rectangle pentagon!
Jun 10, 2011 1:49 AM

Apr 2011
Orulyon said:
wow, one more minute of episode and i would have cried. It was such an intense episode. Damn this show will never leave my fav list T_T

Anyway, first and foremost

WTH!!!!!!??? Why does every guy in the show has a crush for Menma?! i mean she was cute and kind and fluffy and all, but for god´s sake, when i heard Poppo in this ep i was like O_O . I could never imagine he also loved her. what a surprise. and a bad one if i might say because it is already enough to have Jintan and Yukiatsu fighting for Menma´s love.

The most cool part was when Menma started to lift things in the air. Kinda creepy but so funny, i just loved their faces.

And no matter how everyone criticizes Yukiatsu, he surely was the best for me in this ep. Thanks to him they will be able to make the fireworks, and wow, guess what, he is not selfish like we thought. He actually wants to send Menma to Heaven, he really cares about her and is thinking about Menma. Jintan is actually acting selfish by being lead by his desire to have Menma by his side forever. It might work and be cute since they love each other, but...im not sure if it is the best option. Menma needs to go to Heaven and rest in peace. Everyone needs to start moving on.

Now its shipping time! XD
OMG. I was Anaru x Jintan, now im starting to see more positive things in Anaru x Yukiatsu. It could work and they would make a perfect balanced couple. I like Tsuruko but...i dont see chemistry between her and Yukiatsu.

The worse thing in this show is that besides Menma x Jintan, all the others are in unrequited love. Also, i dont like the fact that Poppo joined the Polygon, because c´mon, in reality, if you have a group of 5 friends, you have like the chance of two of them becoming a couple, because all the others usually remain as friends. No romantic feelings, you see.

Agree with everything you said there!!!! It kind of makes Memna annoying for me too, because (not her fault), but really ALL of them liking her?!? I think Tsuruku and Anaru were just as nice/pretty/aweseome as her!
bluemoonicecreamJun 10, 2011 1:59 AM
Jun 10, 2011 2:22 AM

Aug 2010
I think we had enough love drama without Yukiatsu hitting on Anaru, but I don't care, it only took them 8-9 episodes to figure out how a way to make sure Menma is actually there, so I'm glad for that. Also how Jintan is getting more and more closer to a confession. Waiting for the next episode eagerly! 5/5.
Jun 10, 2011 2:26 AM

Oct 2009
wow a lot of hate towards yukiatsu, huh. oh well! he's still my favorite.

the thing about him is that i can't even act like his extremely obvious personality flaws bother me. they just make him that much more interesting. i think he is in a very "one step forward, two steps back" state right now, where sometimes it seems like he's ok and able to function like a normal human being around everyone, but then he loses his temper and lets bitterness sort of take over. i think he has problems, more than what we see from episode to episode. this guy probably needs actual help, not just the power of friendship to make him better.

and everyone needs to stop... freaking out over yukiatsu/anjou. not only is it not going to happen, there's pretty much nothing going on besides yukiatsu talking out of his ass. he's hurt and he's angry and he's more than likely just saying shit that he doesn't mean.

that being said, my thoughts are still with tsurumi. i love her and i'm sad that she didn't get a lot of focus on this episode. i think that what we do see of her is extremely telling, though. she and yukiatsu are alike in the sense that they both seem to keep things bottled up, which is never good for anyone. i can relate.
Jun 10, 2011 2:26 AM

Aug 2010
I like Menma but seriously don't like the potential pairing of Yuki and Anjou.
Jun 10, 2011 2:40 AM
May 2011
Maybe no one should get paired up, and they just stay friends. They surely had no trouble not talking to each other for 10 years, and now they all love each other, gosh, :L.
Jun 10, 2011 2:50 AM

Jul 2010
manchester said:
wow a lot of hate towards yukiatsu, huh. oh well! he's still my favorite.

the thing about him is that i can't even act like his extremely obvious personality flaws bother me. they just make him that much more interesting. i think he is in a very "one step forward, two steps back" state right now, where sometimes it seems like he's ok and able to function like a normal human being around everyone, but then he loses his temper and lets bitterness sort of take over. i think he has problems, more than what we see from episode to episode. this guy probably needs actual help, not just the power of friendship to make him better.

I agree. As much as he infuriates me sometimes with his personality flips, aggressiveness and inconsistencies, the way that he is fleshed out makes him a very deep (if flawed) character. The fact that he is able to evoke so much emotion from people means that the writers did a good job characterizing him.

Jun 10, 2011 3:28 AM

Oct 2009
My heart aches when I watch this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2011 3:43 AM
Apr 2011
Aw man, this is getting even more depressing ;_;
Jun 10, 2011 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
What I got from the preview: I think Yukiatsu will overhear the girls talking about Tsuruko. Remember the love letter girl? She said Tsuruko was in love with him. He didn't hear that part. He thought it was only about the love letter. He will tell her about the girls gossiping as a joke and she will finally confess (second image from the preview).

About Anaru, I think she will confront her "friends" for the first time. Those two girls need to know their place. Jintan scene might be a little sad but I think the final talk with Menma will only happen in the last episode.
Jun 10, 2011 4:25 AM

Nov 2007
I honestly ship every pairing in this show >.> I do like Jintan/Menma best, but she's well... dead. And if this show gets into reviving shenanigans, I will rage.

Gosh, that scene at the river was so powerful. I honestly did think that Menma's ghost was going to disappear after she fell into the river again, but thank goodness that didn't happen. Jintan might not want to fulfill Menma's wish after all. And Yukiatsu's explanation finally gives us a reason for the plot hole everyone was raging over last week. Menma didn't realise she needed to and Jintan didn't want to share her. I've got a feeling she'll disappear when Jintan confesses.

It seems like Poppo liked Menma too? That would upset me. Poppo's so happy all the time, I don't him joining the depressed-parade. I hope he was asking about something else.

I'm glad no one accused Jintan of faking the diary note. Seems like Menma really can lift stuff with everyone looking, so the rules I came up with last week are completely wrong. The muffin scene was just hilarious.

Yukiatsu was great this episode. The poor guy must be really jealous, but I'm happy with him for cheering up Anaru and finally convincing Menma's dad for the fireworks. I don't think he was 100% serious about the date, but Tsuruko heard the wrong part of the conversation.

Just 2 more episodes. I'm really going to miss this show when it's done. Fireworks and Anaru on a date next week, I think?

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 10, 2011 4:28 AM
Sep 2010
Yukiatsu is a butthurt little bitch

he goes from my favourite character to least favourite and back again

also whats with the crazy yandere vibes from poppo and tsurumi?
Jun 10, 2011 4:30 AM

Jul 2010
Ok, Yukiatsu is just getting desperate right now. Because you can't get Menma anymore you'll just switch over to Anjou because she is "heartbroken"? What are you trying to be, her saviour? -_-

Apart from that I'm really glad everyone believes in Menma being there now, but it's starting to look like part of the gang is starting to "hate" Jinta and Menma being "together" so to speak. I'm really starting to feel some tension between them. But yeah, tension and always been there, especially between Jinta and Yukiatsu.

Jun 10, 2011 4:32 AM
Sep 2010
And man this show is gearing up to wreck some hearts. You can almost taste it in the air, its been that way since pretty much the beginning but now you can feel it settling in
Jun 10, 2011 4:34 AM
Sep 2010
I mean I'm expecting massive heartbreak or coloured lights but I don't really think we're gonna get any coloured lights
Jun 10, 2011 4:47 AM

Jun 2008
Funny. Sure everyone has their own opinions, but i would really like to see how Yukiatsu haters would react if the person you loved died and you only could talk to its ghost through your love rival. Man you sure all must be super humans, i can already imagine you being so happy to talk with the person you loved through your love rival. ofc you wont be pissed, after all, your all super humans.

Seriously?=_= Just because a person reacts differently to a certain situation, that person is already stigmatized? O_O because one thing would be if he reacted wrong, but he didnt. he had a very normal reaction which many people have, because not every person in the world gets extremely happy to know that not even after dying, the person you love doesnt show up to you but to the guy that always got her attention since their childhood. Menma pratically ignored Yukiatsu and the others and centered herself with playing with Poppo. Not nice, since they´re a group.

I would like to see how many people would be on his knees and beg, like Yukiatsu did, yet, no one talks about it, when basically the guy saved the day.

and oh, did u noticed he also cheer up Anaru? He allowed her to put her rage on him so she could relief her stress. did Jintan actually looked at Anaru at least to give her a decent reply to her confession? No. Yet, nobody blames him, but if it was Yukiatsu everyone would be criticizing.
Dont give me the same talk that Jintan suffered the most with Menma´s death because Yukiatsu suffered so much as him, yet, he managed to keep going his studies and social life, and Jintan became a NEET.

Why are you all assuming he wants to date Anaru to piss off Jintan, when he perfectly knows that Jintan does not love Anaru?
I see it more in another perspective: two broken hearts getting together and sharing their pain.
People deal with things with different ways. Not everyone must be cliché.

Yukiatsu still gets my love, so much as Anaru or Poppo or Tsuruko or any other chara in the show. He deserves it, and he never keeps me bored. Besides all that, the guy does have a kind heart, so that is enough for me. Expressing your rage doesn't make you bad.
OrulyonJun 10, 2011 4:52 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 10, 2011 5:05 AM

Feb 2011
Anaru, Chiriko and Yukiatsu.. Why so many heartbreaks, it almost makes me feel heartbroken too. T-T
Jun 10, 2011 5:36 AM
Nov 2008
OMG I was a Tsuruko x Yukiatsu but i felt like shipping to Anaru x Yukiatsu in this episode......but the worst part is..ONLY 2 EPISODES LEFT?WHAT?WHY? I feel like nothing will be completed in just 2 damn episodes...>.<
Jun 10, 2011 5:37 AM

Nov 2009
FML - MAL has finally marked this as an 11 ep show. I was expecting at least a full season. Seriously, i am worried because there is a lot of things it seems they won't get to.

I don't really like the anjou x Yukiatsu but if Menma does not disappear then i guess that is so-so. Obviously megane is the rightful choice.

The last scene was actually pretty scary, because i thought she might actually leave at that point. Guess i should pay a bit more attention to the episode numbers again, although it feels like a waste only having everyone know of her existance for three episodes.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

231 by JayBlue »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1237 by Grimenio »»
May 15, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

388 by Grimenio »»
May 14, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.