Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
I knew it that shagad was hiding sth. He looks like a person that only cares about luxury and futile things. It's a pitty because narsus is a good guy and i would love to see his friend helping him

and i'm really interesting to know more about that guy that was in the boat. I think i'll trust him hahahahaha
Aug 6, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
The coast city and the naval battles were a nice change of setting after all those battles on land. Poor pirates didn't had a chance against Arslan OP squad (btw, how the fuck they managed to travel that fast from the city to the boat?).

The viceroy being a bootlicker was hilarious. Narsus's friend looks suspicious as fuck, but he looks interesting. Want to see more of him.
Aug 9, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Finally some pirate ship fights.
Alright episode.
Aug 31, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
It seriously gets annoying when every single fucking slave owner is just another Uncle Tom to behold.

Also, exceeellente qualtee mateyyyy

nep-nepAug 31, 2016 8:47 AM
Aug 31, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, this one.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 6, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
nep-nep said:

WHY DOES THE BARREL EXPLODE? ARROWS DON'T DO THAT

There's kind of logical explanation for that, the tip of the arrow is metal and when it collided with the metal part of the barrel it created a spark.
Sep 6, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
Donze said:
nep-nep said:

WHY DOES THE BARREL EXPLODE? ARROWS DON'T DO THAT

There's kind of logical explanation for that, the tip of the arrow is metal and when it collided with the metal part of the barrel it created a spark.
There's a scientific counter-point to that. Barrels of oil don't explode if you set them on fire, that's a hollywood myth. Barrels full of gunpowder however, do.
Sep 6, 2016 9:44 PM
Feb 2016
nep-nep said:

Animation is so fucking lazy this episode. You don't even see her fire the arrows, they just drift off into the copy-paste clones.

I think they intendedly painted two arrows. I know its unrealistic, but a person shooting two arrows in one time is something that is often seen in battle scenes in Japanese animation.

Plus, I found a (private) illustration of Arslan by an official animator↓
https://twitter.com/yokoyama_ai_/status/595867442171129857

Here, though it looks sweet, it is depicted that often animators don't have time to go home and take a brief rest under their desks.
I know that some errors may be actually errors and they should be corrected, but I can't blame them as lazy after knowing their work overload...
Sep 6, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2013
KolmeDG said:
nep-nep said:

Animation is so fucking lazy this episode. You don't even see her fire the arrows, they just drift off into the copy-paste clones.

I think they intendedly painted two arrows. I know its unrealistic, but a person shooting two arrows in one time is something that is often seen in battle scenes in Japanese animation.

Here, though it looks sweet, it is depicted that often animators don't have time to go home and take a brief rest under their desks.
I know that some errors may be actually errors and they should be corrected, but I can't blame them as lazy after knowing their work overload...
Not what I meant. As soon as the scene starts (I paused to check when I posted), the arrows are already flying towards their intended targets, you don't actually see her loose her load because it wasn't animated at all. Even if we do intend to pity the staff, it does not detract from the fact that this second season looks absolutely shit and cornercut. The last episode's animation error that I point out later shows as much, since such a problem should have been easily spotted by the director and fixed. Releasing it in this state is just... not professional.
Sep 7, 2016 11:50 PM
Feb 2016
nep-nep said:
KolmeDG said:

Not what I meant. As soon as the scene starts (I paused to check when I posted), the arrows are already flying towards their intended targets, you don't actually see her loose her load because it wasn't animated at all. Even if we do intend to pity the staff, it does not detract from the fact that this second season looks absolutely shit and cornercut. The last episode's animation error that I point out later shows as much, since such a problem should have been easily spotted by the director and fixed. Releasing it in this state is just... not professional.

I don't know about other errors, but the error in the last episode must have been done by a different company as it is 3DCGI. It would take time and be risky to fix it as the anime studio first have to contact the 3D company, and wait for them to submit the scene again. May be they spotted the errors, but the thing is that if they try to fix all of them, they cannot make it for the on air time.

Well, this is what I just assumed from other anime studio's case. If this is the case, perhaps their biggest problem is their scheduling, which can be said to other animation companies also....
KolmeDGSep 8, 2016 3:51 AM
Sep 23, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
So there are still Zot clan members scattered around places. That's good that's a few less the 50k soldiers that they need.

That Shabado is suspicious. He must be the leader of the pirates or something.
Oct 28, 2016 11:06 PM

Mar 2012
From the looks of it this series is going to be far from over by the time we reach episode 8 which makes me wonder, why did they make a sequel with only 8 episodes when it wouldn't cover the rest of the source material? Might as well have just waited instead.

As for the episode itself, sketchy Shagad is sketchy.
Nov 3, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Yay! The summer adventure of Arslan, begins. Narratively is not bad either in the rhythm and content, was expected to arrive at your destination, instead of finding friends, Arslan and his friends, they would find the usual hypocritical and sinister characters, the whole appearance and rotten to the core. Now comes the most interesting part of the plot: the way to find those blessed allies, useful to Arslan. Beautiful scenarios, unfortunately not up to the rest. Funny comic part of the narrative, I did not think Farangis, she used to "raise the elbow," eh eh!
Dec 25, 2016 10:41 AM

Dec 2015
I don't like that Shagad guy, wouldn't be surprised if he was behind the pirate attacks.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 12, 2017 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
lol at Narsus being the Zot clan head now.

Farangis in her new outfit. :)

TSUDAKEN!

OMG! First Oh Great, now Yasuda drawing Farangis for the End Card. I couldn't be happier. So perfect.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 5, 2017 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
Those pirates running and saving their asses as soon as the learned of Daryun's identity.

Narsus the new chief of the Zot clan. Potential allies there. They can be seen fighting in the OP.

Suzuhito Yasuda end card drawing.

Jan 8, 2018 2:02 PM

May 2015
Pirates. Classic. YARRRRR!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 31, 2023 9:36 AM

Dec 2020
No wonder gieve stood his own against silver mask. He has like the strongest defined muscles there lmao

But obviously narsuses friend is up to no good
Nov 27, 2023 2:59 PM
Aug 2022
This season feels so rushed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

122 by Angelo-cunha »»
May 6, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

85 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

68 by Muow »»
Jun 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

135 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

132 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.