Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2015 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
Silent7 said:
WuBoyBR said:
1/10 Boring Horizon
I smell hate
[/quote]
Well their signature says "I Love Sword Art Online"... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 28, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
5th worse anime this season....Only MMO/SAO rejects could like this..The LN was waaaay better than this animation. Pathetic...

PLEASE NO SEASON 3
Mar 28, 2015 11:35 AM

Mar 2013
Huge let down compared to the 1st season , most of this season was skippable
Mar 28, 2015 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
For the episode: It was waaay better than the boring episodes after the raid, Soujiro's eyes looked badass like that imo

For the whole season: I really liked the raid part in the beginning but everything after was a huge let down and the art just got worse. I still don't get why every time Shiroe comes along in an episode he has to push up his glasses :/ its seriously irritating. I kept watching to see Crusty and I get 15 seconds? I hope they wait till the novels are over before they make a 3rd season if there is any.
Mar 28, 2015 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Shiroe and others finally defeated the boss.

It was good to see that Krusty is alright!
Mar 28, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2013
7/10 there were some epic moments but most of the time it's boring. I hope they make season 3 when they have enough material to cover
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Mar 28, 2015 12:49 PM
Dec 2014
I'm relatively new to "Anime" and just wondering is it normal to just stop making more seasons even if there is more story left in the Manga/books etc..? If this is the case does it mean that they expect us to buy the Manga to see the rest?

And yeah, S2 wasn't as good as the first one but I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more!
Mar 28, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Overall the second season paled in comparison to the first. Whilst the first season was more about survival and adapting to this new world where they were unceremoniously flung into, the second season was more of a "well, we're now used to the place, what else can we do now?" show. The younger guild members got a bit of development, but overall it was more about discovering how the world itself was changing away from the one that they had arrived at, and how to further adapt to said changes. Like many have stated, there were certain episodes that you could have just skipped, and not taken anything away from the grand scheme of things. I kind of get the feeling that the original author was sort of running out of ideas to develop his original plot, and just filled the last 5 volumes with side quests and fillers. Here's hoping the next 5 volumes that he writes will be better.

-ShadowClaw- said:
Krunchy said:
On what we stay now?
How much of the LN this season covered and how much parts LN has currently?

I wonder if s3 has any chance.

All of the volumes have been covered up to the latest one: volume 10 web novel....there are still 5 volumes left to adapt but they have to be written first cause mamare said the series will finish with 15 volumes.

Each season adapted 5 LN each...all it needs now is to wait for the last volumes to be published and one more season to be released to finish the story. At best i would say a new season would come out in 1 1/2 to 2 years time

Sales don't matter cause this is a NHK sponsored show, so it will happen sooner or later :)

Quoted this pretty much for those hoping for a quick announcement for a season 3.

Overall I'm still interested in the Log Horizon world, but probably a bit less than after season 1. The animation in parts were atrocious to watch. Hopefully they'll change that up when they do eventually make the third season. Nothing spectacular, but at least season 1 quality.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Definitely liked season 1 better, at least they ended the season with a good episode in my opinion.

There are still a lot of things I'm confused about but maybe I just missed something during the series. If not then I hope that a third season is made which explains some more stuff.
Mar 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
At least I know Crusty still alive...most of this season was lame.
6/10
Mar 28, 2015 2:23 PM

Oct 2012
I thought Misa Takayama only lost a hand, not her entire arm.
Mar 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
This was probably my favorite anime this season. Enjoyed it more than all the other ones... really don't get the hate, oh well.

I will miss tuning into this every week!
Mar 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
1st season 1st half was good
then 2nd half was weak
this season akatsuki arc was good, then everythiing else was weak again...
bruh
Mar 28, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2012
I was under the impression that Crusty was gone forever due to previous threads with people talking about the novel however it didn't turn out as bad as it sounded. Hoping for a season three.
Mar 28, 2015 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
the franchise lost its charm on me as a whole
season 2 was alright........... I don't see it as inferior or superior to S1 imo. It's been pretty consistent.

6/10

Mar 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
I never really liked either season to begin with but yeah
6/10 same as first season. Still kind of want a third season though.
Mar 28, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
overall 6/10 for me, everything just felt like it was randomly thrown together.
Mar 28, 2015 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
The series is like an anime and a game mixed together. There's farming, character progression/story, equipment upgrades, arc progression, etc. They do a nice job of blending it too... but it does throw people off I suppose. People really don't like to grind!
Mar 28, 2015 5:12 PM

Jun 2013
10/10 Last episode! This is how Log Horizon should be, this episode felt exactly like how the first season felt.

Good to see connections being made and more plot progression. It leaves off at a nice place too.

Fingers crossed for a thirds season, hopefully done as well as the first season and this episode.

For now though 7/10 for this season just because it was lacking so much even though this finale was great.
Mar 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad we saw Krusty again and the whole thing ended on a high note, but it wasn't enough to make up for the whole season.
Mar 28, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2009
I love how compared to SAO, Log Horizon never feels rushed. Not really bothered about the series not actually ending, I'm sure there'll be a S3 eventually. 7/10 atm, loved the series. I'll be waiting till the series actually ends to buy it, don't want to buy an incomplete anime. Hope it sells well in Japan though, as that'll be the deciding point on whether a S3 goes ahead or not.
RydakoMar 28, 2015 6:27 PM
Mar 28, 2015 6:37 PM

Apr 2011
I wonder what Krusty is doing with that arm, if you know what I mean!

But it's a shock knowing Kanami have a daughter there goes my hope for them hooking up.

More chapter for Akatsuki though :P
Mar 28, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2011
I kinda already knew that Crusty will be back and just transported in China, thanks to spoilers.

glad that Kaname and Shiroe had finally talked. I laugh at other's surprised expressions
knowing that. What surprises me most is that she already had a three year old daughter.
Shiroe seems sad about it. So Shiroe x Kanami is gone. It means Minori and Akatsuki now
had a chance at him with no worries.

LH 1may be better, but the last two episodes makes this second season worthwhile. The boring
arc with the younger members pulled the show down. I could hardly watch it.

Despite this. I still enjoyed the show.

8/10
Mar 28, 2015 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
not as good as season one but its okay i guess

Mar 28, 2015 8:55 PM

Oct 2011
Roe 2 shwoing them a space rocket : 0

Crusty with Kanami OMG

Connect both worlds !!!!

SEASON 3 WHEN !!!!!!!!!
Mar 28, 2015 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
There are not enough enjoyment in this season, season 1 probably better.
The series got pretty boring too after the raid arc, and got more and more boring after that.

Not to mention, the art of season 1 was much better than season 2. Understandable though, since S2 animated by different studio.
But still, QUALITY and inconsistent arts still bothers me...! =.=

Still, the series still one of my most anticipated since last season, and It didn't disappoint. (6/10)
Shiroe is the best tactician in the whole anime galaxy! xD
Mar 28, 2015 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
Final episode was probably the best episode compared to like the last few previous ones. Overall series was not as good as Season 1. 6/10.
Mar 28, 2015 9:45 PM

Sep 2014
Minami finally got to talk with Shiroe.. and who knew she had a kid, must explain her big 'personalities'.
I want them to reunite again, including Krusty with the rest of the gang, and those meddling adventurers in the West.

So much to look forward to in season three, and so much time to wait for it, sadly.
I still love the ending overall :) Great season.
Mar 28, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Inferior to the first season. It lost a lot of it's appeal this time around.

Interested in the next installment non the less but hope it regains some lost ground. I wasn't feeling the cast at all this season which is a damn shame. Might have been the middle of the road syndrome and the conclusion will bring it back up to snuff. Shall see.

This last episode or two had that.
IZEROIIMar 28, 2015 10:32 PM
Mar 28, 2015 11:11 PM
Feb 2015
Good ending, good vibes and some forshadowing.
Shiroe getting back in control of the raid group, finally talking to Kagami and a Krusty teaser. 8/10.

Still enjoyed this season, but a major lack of vilain in glasse shenanigans, with only 1/3 of the season directly involving Shiroe, there wasn't much scheming going on, which for me was the biggest appeal of LH1.

We got to know more about the world and what's going on in it, even if it feels like the story didnt progress much, it answered lots of questions from season 1 about how and why they are "inside" the game. 7/10

side note: for those in need of a quick fix check out the mangas, there is one following the main story and other about Crescent Moon and West Wind Brigade in the early days of the catastrophe.
Mar 28, 2015 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
We finally know where Crusty is!

What a great ending! Lots of character development and growth from the younger members! New quest for Log Horizon from Kanami and hope for everyone!

I know the haters are trashing this season of LH, but I loved it! Can't wait for Season 3!

Overall I gave this a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 28, 2015 11:55 PM
Mar 2009
I loved the ending, loved the series, and would randomly re-watch any episode.

This is because I like seeing attention to detail in products, and even the slow episodes were slow because they explained the plot.

Sure some episodes were a bit lower quality in terms of pace and such but overall it is minor to me. For me, subjectively, this was great and if I had watched one anime for 2015, it wold be Log Horizon. I might re-watch Season 1 in dub, I like it that much (and I hardly ever watch any non-sub anime).

So, yeah, I enjoyed it so much!

This makes me glad, in a way, that .Hack was not so good... it just makes Log Horizon look so much better, and makes me hope the lessons learned from that mixed-results series (I mostly hated it), lead to this masterpiece.

Okay I'll stop freaking out now.

P.S. loved it!
Mar 28, 2015 11:57 PM
Mar 2009
bittersweetlove said:
At least I know Crusty still alive...most of this season was lame.
6/10

IKR! "Btw, Crusty is here."

Like, why so freaking long?

They should be using the ships or something to travel between continents by now, but I guess it might still take several months and with sea monsters and such, that might not be practical yet. Anyhow, um, I didn't find the season lame but I'm weird I like detailed stuff.

I did keep wondering about Crusty though and at the time I didn't like some of the episodes....
Mar 28, 2015 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
WOO YEAH CRUSTY!!
Demikas LOLOL. Drooling from the eyes huh?
Kanami and Shiroe talking xD
Now this was the best episode of the season.
Lel Regan, left Soujirou and the others behind XD
I'll give season 2 a 7/10.

Can't wait for season 3
And I hope it's as good as season 1.
Mar 29, 2015 12:05 AM

Aug 2011
Next season - The moon!!
We found the spaceship!!
Mar 29, 2015 12:10 AM
Jun 2011
Awesome, nice way to end the series.
I'm so glad I followed Akatsuki to this show.
The fauxli dd me good.
Major surprise on Kanami's daughter there though. She's still the hottest chick in the show, if anything being a MILF just made it better.
And a most excellent idea. Open a link between the 2 worlds.
I can't say I haven't dreamt of something like that as long as I've been an anime fan.
My whole being, even this name of mine is tied to a series of stories I wrote years ago about exactly that.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 29, 2015 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
A serious disappointment compared to the first season, which I really enjoyed. I liked the final episode fine but most of the series I actually found kind of boring, especially the story arc revolving around the kids adventure. I'd still watch a third season but I definitely feel burned by this one, though I'm not gonna say it's the worst thing I've ever watched, and there were still moments I enjoyed.

6/10
Mar 29, 2015 12:19 AM

Jul 2013
I think they were too rushed to make the 2nd season so the pacing seems all over the place. I'd have preferred they wait until more contents are available and then make the 2nd season. I know that everything that was shown was cannon but it felt like some things were dragged on to make up for the episode quota. I wish they put more focus into Kanami (who deserves 2-3 episodes at least instead of 1), Planet Hwyden, and the genius monsters and cut the SoL-ish contents. I can understand the dilemma though since 1 cour would not be enough but 2 cour is also too much.

Overall though it's still the superior anime for any MMORPG geeks out there. While this is a step down from season 1 there are plenty of interesting contents enough to keep up until the end, at least for those who actually paid attention to the story and value character progression as much as mindless action. Akatsuki severely lacked spotlight on season 1 so it was great that she got the focus for almost half of this season (although again some things can be sped up). Of course I'd rather they'd have stuck with the old studio as the quality of animation was simply abysmal, on par with long running shonen like Naruto/FT on their worst days. It should not have happened to a 2 cour anime like this.

I hope that, for quality sake, they wait until the LN finish before making season 3. I'd hate to be left hanging like this when the story is at its climax. I mean come on, it's just plain cruel to stop at "the quest to connect the two worlds" and when the missing Crusty just appeared =(

7/10
MoeGodMar 29, 2015 12:30 AM
Mar 29, 2015 12:48 AM

Jun 2012
A nice final episode to an overall mediocre, boring season.

Disappointing, 4/10
Mar 29, 2015 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Crusty hauling that arm around China seemed a bit gruesome. It looked like it moved too.

It seemed a bit awesome, but mostly anticlimactic, when Nureha suddenly decided to not let Indicus boss her around. There seems to be almost no detail on that subplot, at least in the anime.
Mar 29, 2015 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
This was a nice way to tie up the season and bring Log Horizon and the Round Table together again after all of that focus on separate adventures. Undeniably I enjoyed the first half far more but contrary to the complaints, I actually enjoyed the second portion when it was following the lower level group. Much less happened this season due to pacing, but I enjoyed delving into these characters more (particularly Isuzu). I also like how it's starting to tie those seemingly unrelated side stories together, such as Kanami in the China server and Hwyaden's activities.

Another strong point about this season is how it started to approach the different players' viewpoints on staying in that world or going home. Looks like Shiroe is aiming big and trying to make both happen. Even though I do welcome a third season and a proper conclusion at some point, part of me hopes that they never return and leave it as a mystery. That's part of what makes it so magical.

An 8/10 to compliment season 1. Shiroe and the gang all got some solid development and the world building only continues to flourish.
Mar 29, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Definitely lacking compared to the first season.
I feel it would have been better if we tagged along with the china crew for more than a single episode. Maybe we could've had more Krusty than a minute of him.

Here's hoping for a season 3 and Akatsuki win.
"The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost" - Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics

Mar 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, the second season was a huge disappointment overall. I loved the first half which focused on the GAME aspect. Then came the second half which was nothing but stupid kid stuff and that pretty much killed it for me. Overall, 7/10 I suppose. If there is a season 3, hopefully they fix all this shite.
Mar 29, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
s3 please

S2 was better than S1 though
Mar 29, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
8/10 wasn't as good as the first but I am hoping for a s3
Mar 29, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
Crusty is finally back !

Season 3 when ?
Mar 29, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
~Fly me to the moon~!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
Good finale episode but that doesn't make up for it's flaws, compared to season 1 this was ok.

What this show needs is to take a dark turn towards
SAO where if you die you stay ded, hehe.

Mar 29, 2015 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
Fantastic final episode. Season was still good you guys are blowing it way out of proportion. Obv not as good as the first but this season was not horrible. It was simply more of the inbetween stuff that's all.

First season was amazing because it sets up everything and introduces all the characters. Second season is the fleshing out of backstories and wrapping up the small stuff and Season 3 is the conclusion of the main story and tieing up any main loose ends.
Mar 29, 2015 2:16 PM
Oct 2012
AnimeGURU475 said:
Fantastic final episode. Season was still good you guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

The haters were primed to hate the moment they knew Studio Deen was involved. Basically I would bet if you looked at the profiles of the most drooling haters you will find most of them are Fate fans. Seems a stupid reason to hate an unrelated show, but there you go.

Not to say that this season didn't have issues, but as you pointed out, the hatred often seemed visceral instead of informed.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

124 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

126 by Mobade-san »»
May 11, 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.