Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2011 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
That was pretty cool!
Looks like one of the better shows this season.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 19, 2011 9:28 AM

Sep 2010
Am I the only one who didn't find this epic at all? I found it quite boring actually. None of it was dramatic at all. Not even when the lead up to the revelation that Rin was the son of Satan. The gags weren't funny either. The only thing that gained a reaction in the entire 20 or so minutes was the ED. Damn that ED was freakin' terrible. It didn't really go with the show in my opinion.
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 19, 2011 10:09 AM

Dec 2009
Nah, uyen143. You're not the only one. Honestly - I found it boring as well. However, there were some moments in here and that was amazing. And, Rin is so cute and adorable I love him! But, I did not expect his voice to be that way. Now, Yukio's on the other hand - spot on there! I was hoping for something very close to that so I'm happy.

I am a little sad, though. This hasn't followed the Manga hardly yet. Just very loosely followed some events that happened. So, I'm worried this will deviate a bunch and turn into a Soul Eater-esque ending......

I reeeeally hope that it doesn't happen, though. Oh! And, I am collecting the Manga as soon as it comes here to America~

And, finally - I love the ED personally. Yes, not as great or good as some of 2PM's other songs, but I still like it nonetheless. I like the animation and Mephesto dancing in the TVs FTW 8D
Apr 19, 2011 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
It was awesome. It had comedy and action which I just love. Not a confusing story like Steins Gate and looking forward to the second episode.

I read a few chapters of the Manga so I have an idea of what the anime is like.
Apr 19, 2011 1:22 PM

May 2009
So far this anime seems like typical shonen. I can already sense the daily battle with little plot progress. But that's okay because what I actually enjoyed the most was the character's personalities. As long as they don't board the OOC train or decide being cardboard is fun, I'll stick with this show.

sillyker0nian said:
...So, I'm worried this will deviate a bunch and turn into a Soul Eater-esque ending......

Nooo! I hope that doesn't happen either :o
Such a crime shouldn't happen to any more anime~~~ ;w;
Apr 19, 2011 1:48 PM

Sep 2008
They forgot to establish some aspects of Yuki's character. It bugs me because they were kind of important, but it's not gonna make or break the story, and they captured his personality so well.
Apr 19, 2011 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
wheresthehandle said:
That was pretty cool!
Looks like one of the better shows this season.

I agree :]

Honestly, I just watched it because 2PM was singing the ED song, but I found myself hooked to it. Hope the anime progresses well.
Apr 19, 2011 5:26 PM

Oct 2009
I'm really hoping it wasn't a bad idea to start watching this show. The first ep was actually pretty good, but it reminds me of Nurarihyon no Mago...and I lost interest in that show like halfway though. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with this.

So far the characters and story don't seem all that great, but it's only the 1st episode, so I'm going to watch a few more before I really make an opinion on them. I have a friend who loves the manga though, so I'm taking her word for it and hoping this show is as good as she says.
Apr 19, 2011 8:03 PM
Apr 2010
thumbs up.
Apr 20, 2011 7:30 AM

Oct 2008
Rin is so funny! Even the exorcist guy is.

8/10 for now.
Apr 20, 2011 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
It was okay.

The lead annoy me at times but it looks like it has a potential.
Apr 20, 2011 1:37 PM
Apr 2008
I am really looking forward to it since the announcement of the anime. I love the manga and the anime did not disappoint me! I like the way they changed here and there a little but still the same. That way, I would not find myself watching 'moving' manga. The ED is okay, I guess but maybe it'll stuck to me after a few eps. Definitely watching the next ep! Can't wait to see the OP~
Apr 20, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
really boring till the end I expected more. It's like Lelouche or Sugata Shindo is the bro of Accelerator.

Lelouch and Accelerator teaming up would be way more awesome than this. still it should get better if it focuses more on the demon/exorcism stuff and the slice of life at the beginning was fucking boring.
Apr 20, 2011 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
mystik said:
really boring till the end I expected more. It's like Lelouche or Sugata Shindo is the bro of Accelerator.

Lelouch and Accelerator teaming up would be way more awesome than this. still it should get better if it focuses more on the demon/exorcism stuff and the slice of life at the beginning was fucking boring.

Keep in mind that when they start out with an origin story generally the first episode will be kind of slice-of-life-esque. Heck, the first episode of Bleach spends almost their entire half hour establishing that Ichigo is a delinquent with a heart of gold and ends the episode with a cliffhanger directly after a monster appears revealing an entire plane of existence he was unaware of as well as the the trained warriors dedicated to keeping us safe from the stuff that comes from there.

...sound familiar?

Lol, anyway yes. I do suspect that exorcism and demons will be the primary focus in the show about the son of satan becoming an exorcist. Slice of life the way Soul Eater is slice of life;)
Apr 20, 2011 8:36 PM

Sep 2010
Loved the first episode Rin is so cute.

I lold at all the scenes in the market poor lady, but still hilarious too bad he ended up getting fired at the end.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 20, 2011 8:49 PM
Apr 2011
Well, I have not been keeping up with the manga and my memory is fuzzy, so thought I was seeing things when the episode was playing a few seconds into the anime. My thought, "Different scenery!... Looks like another disappointing anime title". Well, I though wrong. :P owo It looks awesome so far. Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 20, 2011 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, the show is pretty awesome. =O

Looking forward to the rest.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 20, 2011 9:27 PM

Jun 2010
Rin looked like Gray from Fairy Tail...

It looks good.. gotta continue watching this
Apr 21, 2011 5:39 AM
Apr 2011
I haven't heard about Ao no Exorcist before but when I saw the PVs for the anime I found it interesting.
The first episode was great (and it made me read the manga). The theme isn't as dark as I expected, but all is well I guess, just the kind of anime I need right now. Hope the ending won't turn out to be a disappointment.
Looking forward for the next episode (and the opening song ^^).
susu93Apr 23, 2011 5:25 PM
Apr 21, 2011 9:12 AM
Jun 2010
I Loved it
do you guys know when is the next episode coming ?
Apr 21, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2010
AMAZING!
|
|
|
|
→that's all i can say ^__^
o.0
Apr 21, 2011 12:44 PM

Feb 2011
I will definitely watch the next episode. ^^
Apr 21, 2011 9:07 PM

May 2010
This was cool, glad I decided to watch it! Yay, 2pm. <3
Apr 22, 2011 1:43 AM

Jun 2009
phoo... Was like O.O the whole episode! It's awesome and one of the best good shows of this season.

Apr 22, 2011 11:15 AM

Apr 2009
Been really waiting to see this series. Was surprised a t first, since the manga isn't that far in yet... then again, I wasn't dissapointed. Really liked it, in fact :)
Apr 22, 2011 3:03 PM

Jul 2009
can anyone top that in pyromancy ? (White flames are hotter, but rare.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 22, 2011 5:35 PM

Jun 2009
Nice first episode. I could’ve done with the ‘teenager who can’t get a part-time job without being fired the same day’ and that, instead of getting into the real point, but it wasn’t exactly bad. Let’s see how it goes as the plot advances.

I really like the character design and the animation is quite fluid. If the OST has more music like it showed this episode, I’ll probably get it instantly after it released. And the great combo of seiyuu…

And.

… What the hell is up with that ED? It’s totally out of place. I was like ‘WFT?!’ when I saw some characters dancing on the TV… No, no. It’s so wrong. That shouldn’t be there; it’s supposed to be a shounen, for God’s sake.

… Anyway, I’ll be following it. Seems interesting enough for me.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Apr 22, 2011 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
Anisamar said:

… What the hell is up with that ED? It’s totally out of place. I was like ‘WFT?!’ when I saw some characters dancing on the TV… No, no. It’s so wrong. That shouldn’t be there; it’s supposed to be a shounen, for God’s sake.

From what I understand it's a joke referencing a dance associated with the band who performs the ED. When I ran a search all I got was this, though I gather from the comments that this kid is not the creator of the dance, but was merely engaging in a pre-existing phenomenon. Still, that's what you were seeing. The 2pm dance.
Apr 23, 2011 4:49 AM

Jun 2009
This was excellent. Keiji Fujiwara voice is distinctive, but I really have grown to love his stock character and Nobuhiko Okamoto (Accelerator,Layfon Alseif) seems like a nice choice as Rin. The premise is classic shounen, but the emotions in the first episode are clearly far above the typical for the genre. 15 year-old boy who screws up all the time, and lashes out at his father because of it - although he really loves him. I'm sure any parent of that kid has thought "spawn of Satan" so the symbolism is pretty obvious - but the writing is really good, and the emotions feel very genuine.

Man, this season sure has been a late bloomer.. It's been one helluva week of premieres and The background music of this series is astoundingly epic, like FMA-BGM epic.

Apr 23, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2010
Don't know why i held this off for a while. Didn't know what i was missing! So far liking all the characters but Satan's child is the one interesting at the moment.

Can't wait to see what the priest will do from that moment..
Apr 23, 2011 2:21 PM

May 2008
Some of the animation reminded me of Soul Eater.

God I knew this would be an amazing anime. Best one I've seen this season so far. Ohhh my lordy <333 I'm loving it.

Apr 23, 2011 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
I can't believe people eat this crap up.
Apr 23, 2011 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
Holy cow! This was great! A lot better than vampire themed series. I hope that this does not disappoint, it has a lot of potential.

I'll be looking forward to this series this season!
Apr 23, 2011 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
STM said:

Huh.. Like we will buy what you are saying! LOL

Apr 23, 2011 7:33 PM

May 2010
STM said:

This
Apr 23, 2011 10:17 PM
Apr 2011
to everybody confused about the dance (mostly this gangler character who writes essays about /shounen anime/ and anisamar it seems,) they are getting the reference for the dance from here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUVN3HdyT8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCIS1XhRjX0&feature=related

idg how you can confuse that with gee, what would be the purpose of animating a dance that's completely irrelevant to the song playing.
Apr 24, 2011 12:25 AM

Dec 2010
Whens the new episode coming?? arhh, its supposed to come out todaeee.
@puella, i didnt even realize when i watched it again. lol
Apr 25, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks nice. Was shocked about Rin's identity, though.

ED was typical K-Pop... (so they just debut in Japan)

hmm no wonder at first i heard this ED song though must be a Kpop group doing it,don't like the ED song

anyway epic episode 5/5 looking forward to next episode
Apr 25, 2011 2:18 AM

Aug 2008
An entertaining opening episode. Rev. Fujimoto seems like a pretty cool dude. I'm not in love with the world or any of the characters in it yet, but I'll keep watching. I expect this show to strive for a pretty high badass quotient.

Apr 26, 2011 1:03 AM
Nov 2009
AHHHHHHH I've never fallen in love with an anime so quickly! It's awesome, AWESOME :D *Flames erupt* MORE~!!!
Apr 26, 2011 8:24 PM

May 2008
Shounen goodness!!!
Apr 27, 2011 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
Great animation, a good start for this series
Apr 28, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2007
I was wondering why the ED was so kpop-y and then I saw that it's 2PM's song! No wonder! Haha, I'm a fan of 2PM as well.

I liked this episode, kinda cheesy though that he's the child of Satan and not just any other important or insignificant demon. But the show had a good start and I will definitely watch the next episode. :D
Apr 29, 2011 2:19 PM
Apr 2011
i've never been much into shonen but.. F***, this was one of the best first episodes i've ever seen! o.o not joking.. it was just SO good! rin is just hilarious and awesome! :3 the only think i'm a bit confused about is who is on the 'bad' side and who isn't.. because being satans son.. Wow, that's really something.. well, i'll just have to keep watching i guess ~
Apr 30, 2011 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
OMG! shounen goodness! this series seems promising
i lovee it! :D

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 1, 2011 10:30 PM

Jun 2009
so idk what's up with that babyshiba thing but it's too cute and hilariously random!
May 4, 2011 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
Funny start. I wonder how serious the demon fight in the next episode will be.
May 4, 2011 7:29 PM

Jan 2010
Anyone know how often this anime gets updated or is it random?
I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally
May 5, 2011 12:07 AM
Apr 2011
Pixi said:
i've never been much into shonen but.. F***, this was one of the best first episodes i've ever seen! o.o not joking.. it was just SO good! rin is just hilarious and awesome! :3 the only think i'm a bit confused about is who is on the 'bad' side and who isn't.. because being satans son.. Wow, that's really something.. well, i'll just have to keep watching i guess ~
i cant agree more :/ it feels like there is no order in terms of whos good n whos bad, kinda strange but it draws me in i wanna know how it turns out.
May 11, 2011 6:05 AM

May 2010
it was OK i guess,I am more looking forward about his life in the academy though.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

202 by De-Guzman »»
May 24, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.