Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 2017 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
@Sheycroix
I'm not really part of the stuff anymore, but I can help if needed.
Jan 3, 2017 8:25 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Jhiday @AngelBeatsYui @Akai_Shuichi @Punkero thanks! I will invite you to a club and tell you where to look

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 3, 2017 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
@SheyCroix I'd love to.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 3, 2017 8:27 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Okay~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 3, 2017 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
Happy new year all!

Also, @SheyCroix, if you need more help I'll have time after work, so poke!

(I'm not part of the staff list though, if you are only looking for staff.)
Card Deliveries
Jan 3, 2017 10:56 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Rinarin said:
Happy new year all!

right now I'm looking for proof-readers ... do you have some time now for that?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 3, 2017 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
SheyCroix said:
Rinarin said:
Happy new year all!

right now I'm looking for proof-readers ... do you have some time now for that?

Sure.
Card Deliveries
Jan 3, 2017 11:03 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Rinarin great, I will invite you to the club in a minute

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 3, 2017 1:48 PM

Mar 2014
Also @SheyCroix some more badges, since I noticed lately that you are reaching that point where these might become useful :

Card Deliveries
Jan 3, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
riho88riho said:
Akai_Shuichi said:
@riho88riho By the way, if we're all in agreement, would you change the World Tour Challenge as it was proposed by me and Yukino?
Will do so tomorrow.
Mk... I must be blind cuz I've gone back and searched the Suggestions and Queries threads and I cannot find the convo ;_; can ya just post the new "look" here? Also - was it decided it'll replace the old, or is this another style split? Thanks~
Jan 3, 2017 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
riho88riho said:
riho88riho said:
Will do so tomorrow.
Mk... I must be blind cuz I've gone back and searched the Suggestions and Queries threads and I cannot find the convo ;_; can ya just post the new "look" here? Also - was it decided it'll replace the old, or is this another style split? Thanks~

Here

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492431&show=600#msg48971758

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492431&show=600#msg49067032
Jan 4, 2017 8:08 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Rinarin said:
Also @SheyCroix some more badges, since I noticed lately that you are reaching that point where these might become useful :

Thanks a lot!

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 5, 2017 12:38 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
updated Top 100Anime
Will create created the Top 100 Movies in a while

@riho88riho @abystoma2 created the top 100 movies. For the rules copy-pasted the ones from the top 100 anime so please check them and update as necessary

@Akai_Shuichi please check for points whenever you can
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582420

Index updated
SheyCroixJan 5, 2017 2:16 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2010
Top 100 Movies: 2,50 points

@SheyCroix @abystoma2 @riho88riho

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jan 9, 2017 9:24 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
updated points
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SheyCroixJan 4, 2020 10:19 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 10, 2017 7:41 AM

Feb 2010
While I still don't have the points ready for the official AWC, I can pretty much assure that getting a "Master of..." title will award more points than just completing the challenge. Because we can't evaluate every single possible option, the ones that are going to be taken into account are the ones used as an example: TV-Type Only (when possible) and Genre-specific (when possible). Out of those two options, TV-Type Only will give more points, and the different might be considerable (considering last year some people completed the challenge in a week or less thanks to lots of shorts, that limitation is quite big).

Also, I'd like to make sure that adding difficulties won't be a problem in @riho88riho spreadsheet. The official AWC has 5 difficulties, while our challenges here have 4 at most... and if possible, it'd be even better to award points according to the patterns chosen (the jar pattern, for example, is much closer to the full card pattern than to the other Duke patterns)... if going by pattern is too much, then we could just go by difficulty, but it's still one more difficulty.

Jan 10, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
While I still don't have the points ready for the official AWC, I can pretty much assure that getting a "Master of..." title will award more points than just completing the challenge. Because we can't evaluate every single possible option, the ones that are going to be taken into account are the ones used as an example: TV-Type Only (when possible) and Genre-specific (when possible). Out of those two options, TV-Type Only will give more points, and the different might be considerable (considering last year some people completed the challenge in a week or less thanks to lots of shorts, that limitation is quite big).

Also, I'd like to make sure that adding difficulties won't be a problem in @riho88riho spreadsheet. The official AWC has 5 difficulties, while our challenges here have 4 at most... and if possible, it'd be even better to award points according to the patterns chosen (the jar pattern, for example, is much closer to the full card pattern than to the other Duke patterns)... if going by pattern is too much, then we could just go by difficulty, but it's still one more difficulty.
That's not a problem, I just make more rows dedicated to the 2017, each being a difficulty and then I can have up to 4 per for each pattern. If you're willing to calculate the points, I don't mind making room for it in the spreadsheet ^-^
Jan 11, 2017 4:03 AM

Apr 2010
@AYOSHINA : in the Fate / Type-Moon section of the Hall of Fame, renzoushi is listed twice (linking to the same blog post) ; I presume they turned it in twice (for Fate-only & then All).
Jan 11, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
While planning the points of the Official AWC 2017 Challenge I noticed I never really worked on the 2015 and 2016 challenges, so I first worked on those:

AWC 2015: 1,50/1,00/0,50 (Hard/Medium/Easy)

If possible, for the AWC 2016 Challenge I'd like to give a small reward for those who did the bonus:

AWC 2016: 2,00/1,75/1,25/0,75 (Hard+Bonus/Hard/Medium/Easy)

If we can't have register of who did the Bonus, then we can just go 1,75/1,25/0,75

Jan 11, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
While planning the points of the Official AWC 2017 Challenge I noticed I never really worked on the 2015 and 2016 challenges, so I first worked on those:

AWC 2015: 1,50/1,00/0,50 (Hard/Medium/Easy)

If possible, for the AWC 2016 Challenge I'd like to give a small reward for those who did the bonus:

AWC 2016: 2,00/1,75/1,25/0,75 (Hard+Bonus/Hard/Medium/Easy)

If we can't have register of who did the Bonus, then we can just go 1,75/1,25/0,75
Done! I accounted for the bonus too since Shey kept it in a list and made it pretty easy to see ^-^ already went back and any of our members that had the bonus, I adjusted theirs. The rest, if they turned in should've been updated/adjusted for. I'll go through Shey's list and add it for anyone who didnn't turn it in already (so stays fair for those that didn't know to turn in)
Jan 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
Great! Thanks both @riho88riho and @SheyCroix

Jan 11, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
For reference, how much were they worth before the change ? (So I can report on it fully in the newsletter...)
Jan 11, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Jhiday said:
For reference, how much were they worth before the change ? (So I can report on it fully in the newsletter...)

1 | 1.5 | 2.5
for 2015 and 2016
Jan 11, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2015
Jhiday said:
@AYOSHINA : in the Fate / Type-Moon section of the Hall of Fame, renzoushi is listed twice (linking to the same blog post) ; I presume they turned it in twice (for Fate-only & then All).

I'll fix it now. Thank you!
Jan 11, 2017 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
Jhiday said:

When exactly will you be releasing the newsletter?

Jan 11, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2015
@Akai_Shuichi
The next edition will be released on the 15th.
Jan 14, 2017 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
Okay, hopefully I'm just on time for the Newsletter... I wanted to hopefully finish with the AWC 2017 points before it was released. @Jhiday

So, finally finished with the points for the AWC 2017, which, as to be expected, is much more complicated than for the previous challenges.

Because the Bingo is random, I first calculated a score for all 74 criterias, where I was relatively punishing to them... first because it's easy to make this challenge very easy by just picking shorts, and second because I do not want a challenge that has a limited time to be "game breaking".

Okay, so I added the total score for all the 74 criterias like if it was one big challenge, and then divided according to the total criterias asked per each pattern (19/74, 20/74... 50/74)... that by itself gave the score for the challenge without the "Master of" Title.

Now, for the Master of titles, like I said before, only two options considered: Genre Only and TV-Type Only... those will the only ones that will give you points for the titles. For the Genre Only, the scores (not the points) were multiplied by 1,33 and for the TV-Type Only the scores were multiplied by 1,75.

I'll highlight the fact that I multiplied the scores. Like with every other challenge, I used and estimation of Eps per criteria (1Ep = 24 minutes), and points are calculated based on the number of Eps. Every 45 Eps, the points are increased by 0,25. I'm highlighting this for possible questions like "why does the score increase here were there's only 1 more criteria, but doesn't increase here were there's 5 more criteria?"... things like that may happen if, for example, one challenge has 45 Eps (almost 0,5... but still 0,25), one that has 1 more criteria has 46Eps (barely 0,5) and another has 5 criterias more for... I don't know... 60 Eps (still 0,5...not yet 0,75)...that said... as a general rule, more criterias will give you more points.

Anyways, these are the scores and the points:

@riho88riho @SheyCroix @Kreyul
Akai_ShuichiJan 14, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 14, 2017 11:37 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Akai_Shuichi I have to say thanks. It looks quite impressive like this (considering calculations and all that)
I don't have anything to say against the points. Looking at the numbers for simple - genre - TV seems the jump was higher than I first expected, which is good.
I only have to point out that Full Card is 49, not 50.

Asides that, I have seen several trying for the restrictions. So that's good. And several others going down the "shorts route" which was expected... and well, some others that have deleted their post or withdrawn from the challenge.

Also I do hope the advertisement worked in getting new members xD

As for @Jhiday or @Kreyul, since you will be talking about the points for the MAL awc, will you be mentioning about them waiting for it to be added there before turning-in here? and about how many of their attempts will be accepted? Or how it will be handled in general? Since there's a high chance some will ask about it...

Once again thanks to those from here that helped me with some aspects of the challenge (^_^)/

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 14, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2010
Oh... right... but luckily, the points for the full card are quite set were they are... a small variation won't make them increase or decrease... so yeah, scores change a bit, but points remain the same (which is the important thing here).

Ugh... I hate when people delete their entries. When I was checking previous years challenges eariler this week it gave me quite some trouble because it fucked up both my link to my turn-in post and to my sign-up form. )=

Those points mentioned by Shey are quite important. I was going to mention it now (I did in the club comments before), but only one challenge per person will be accepted, though upgrades are possible, in case you first finish the challenge on an easier pattern/without extra title. But no x2 and no multiple patterns/extra titles.

Jan 14, 2017 2:33 PM

Apr 2010
@SheyCroix @Akai_Shuichi I'm away from my main PC until some point tomorrow afternoon, so it will probably be @Kreyul posting the NL. We've already included most of this information, but I'll try and give it a lookover.

And thanks for all the hard work, of course !
Jan 14, 2017 4:18 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
posted The Xebec Challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1584678

@abystoma2 @riho88riho
If you guys can give it a look it will help.
Had to add several titles ... and I did check for the bonuses but I'm not that sure for some of them. As for some titles, they require to watch something previously, but not done by the studio. I don't really think they should be compulsory so feel free to edit the challenge. There are four of them, before the bonuses. Others have more than one studio listed but I guessed that's was okay.

@Akai_Shuichi to check for points whenever you have the time

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 14, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
I'll get to those during the week... I'm too tired to work on that tomorrow... It's quick though, most probably for monday.

On a sidenote, I'm willing to put together a Madhouse Challenge... but it's a huge studio... would it be an overkill? Or do I put it together? I can't decide, lol.

Jan 15, 2017 5:09 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
On a sidenote, I'm willing to put together a Madhouse Challenge... but it's a huge studio... would it be an overkill? Or do I put it together? I can't decide, lol.

probably overkill for you haha it has too many related anime xD But eventually someone will work on it, so I guess why not... If you accomplish that I might get motivated to work on Studio Deen and A-1 Pictures (^_^)/

----
@AYOSHINA in the HoF I'm last in the ona exposure but that it's for the MPD challenge, and there's a broken link under Keiichi Tanaami Collection
SheyCroixJan 15, 2017 6:08 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 15, 2017 6:36 AM

Apr 2010
@riho88riho @CathJ @AYOSHINA @Kreyul
So, I was looking over the Challenge Turn-ins thread a bit, and I noticed it got 300+ posts in a period of three weeks. That's probably 400+ actual challenge forms submitted, which sounds like way more than our average last year. Given the club's explosive growth (also thanks to the increased exposure with the AWC '17), I'm pretty sure the volume will keep increasing over the next few months.

Understandably, checking all those challenges has gotten a bit behind.
Should we maybe recruit a few more Challenge Inspectors ? Because at this rate, I fear it's going to break our current ones down... o_O
Jan 15, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
We should definitely get more Inspectors. My guess is that a lot of new people will join the club because of 2017 Anime Watching Challenge.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 15, 2017 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
I already have one intersted... But I'm a bit concerned that there might be overlap (as in two people are checking the same at the same time).

So, how does it sound that the inspectors post in the thread what post numbers they're going to check (make the font orange or gray) then update it with any invalids found and change the font color to green to indicate they've finished checking thsoe numbers?

Odds and Even inspectors won't overlap, but it we're adding two to each...

Or is there a different method you inspectors use already? @Kreyul @CathyJ @AYOSHINA
Jan 15, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
At the moment, I don't think we really need additional inspectors. I honestly blame the holidays for the lack of inspections (I'm still enjoying the last couple days of break).

New members are actually not a problem at all. Their challenge forms are much more easier to inspect compared to the older members. For the newer forms submitted (last 2 weeks since I just looked over them for the newsletter), about 2/3 of them are monthly/sh/awc/easy which should take about 1-15 mins max each.
Jan 17, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
Xebec Challenge: 9.00 points

Also, Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days' URL is wrong.

I underestimated the amount of stuff by Xebec, lol.

@SheyCroix @riho88riho

Jan 17, 2017 10:20 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I forgot what was here originally... ops?

+++++++++++++++++++

SheyCroixJan 1, 2023 3:25 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 17, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
@Akai_Shuichi - spreadsheet updated; also, any input for Numbers' Challenges' points? I can just go with .5 but wasn't sure if .75 might make more sense or whatever you deem worthy XD

+++++++++++++++++++

SheyCroixOct 31, 2022 5:15 PM
Jan 17, 2017 1:34 PM

Feb 2010
@riho88riho I was originally thinking 0,5 points... but that's just a quick though. I'll think about those tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2017 8:42 AM

Sep 2011
@lycheejane @Rinarin @AngelBeatsYui

The one-year anniversary of this club's creation is coming up in Feb. I'd like to make "limited edition" cards to celebrate this event along with the special-event challenge I'll be releasing. As card/badge makers for the club, I'd like it if you would participate ^-^

Limited Edition One-Year Cards
Participation is not required, but preferred
Make as many different versions as you want (can be one, five, etc. - up to you).
Theme is basically one-year and this club sooo whatever image(s) you think suit that idea to you personally (or perhaps images you think others would relate to).
This will be a limited time so I'll probably give two weeks for requests before we close the thread - not sure if this will generate a lot of interest or not, so be both prepared for little work to a lot of work XD

1st Year Anniversary Challenge (here)
Participation is not required
I'd also like it if you each would make at least one badge for this challenge (again, whatever you think represents the club/challenge)
These will not be requestable (since we're doing cards as well), so the badges just need the challenge name and completed, as usual (and maybe participation badges too if you'd like to offer that/those)
GIF badges are allowed but not required
Size can be a bit bigger than normal since its a more meaningful challenge... let's say...360x156 at max? Or noraml size too - whichever you think people would like more and look better.

@Akai_Shuichi - I have a few more items to add to the challenge, but if you could calc. the points when I'm done I'd appreciate it as usual ^-^

Lastly...
Event Banner!
If intersted, I'd also like to request a few banners for this event.
1. To be displayed on the club page, top above even the welcome giant heart
2. Challenge name for the challenge thread (instead of just text like normal)
3. Banner for the limited edition cards

If you're interested, please make one for each - that way, if you're all interested and make banners I can pick one for each and display at least one of your banners ^-^

Question?
If any other staff have any input or ideas, please let me know. I won't lie, it feels a bit like a big deal/event for me (for this club to have grown so much and still be active/interesting... *sniffle* y'all are the best!) so I wanted to do a little more than usual ^^;;
riho88rihoJan 18, 2017 8:46 AM
Jan 18, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2014
@riho88riho The cards idea sounds great. Not sure about the art yet but I'll think of something. Two weeks sounds quite a bit of time for a limited edition, but it's not bad. I guess it will depend on how many requests too.

When do you plan on making the thread? (so I know the deadline) Since only one of the card makers is a club officer we can't all edit the cards in the thread like other clubs do so I assume we'll send you or Yui all the submissions?

Also, just noticed the new club design. Love it <3
Card Deliveries
Jan 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
Rinarin said:
@riho88riho The cards idea sounds great. Not sure about the art yet but I'll think of something. Two weeks sounds quite a bit of time for a limited edition, but it's not bad. I guess it will depend on how many requests too.

When do you plan on making the thread? (so I know the deadline) Since only one of the card makers is a club officer we can't all edit the cards in the thread like other clubs do so I assume we'll send you or Yui all the submissions?

Also, just noticed the new club design. Love it <3
Thanks! ^-^ And since the offical anniversary is Feb 3rd I'd say I need all card examples and any banners PMed to me by no later than January 31st <3
Jan 18, 2017 3:42 PM

Feb 2010
Hopefully during this week I'll have both this and the numbers challenge. I planned doing the numbers one today, but it was quite a busy day @riho88riho

Aired 2016 quote tags in the Hall of Fame need to be fixed @AYOSHINA (the second tag doesn't have the "/").

Jan 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
Akai_Shuichi said:
Hopefully during this week I'll have both this and the numbers challenge. I planned doing the numbers one today, but it was quite a busy day @riho88riho

Aired 2016 quote tags in the Hall of Fame need to be fixed @AYOSHINA (the second tag doesn't have the "/").

Fixed. Thanks.
Jan 19, 2017 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
@riho88rihoo 0,50 points per Numbers Challenge is okay... and a nice extra point if you complete all 10 of them, I'd say (kinda like SH)

Jan 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2010
@AYOSHINA I'm bothering you again about the HoF... Wrong Ginga: Kofmaster is currently under the LotGH Collection when he should be the only user with the Ginga Tetsudou Collection.

Jan 19, 2017 7:46 PM

Aug 2015
Akai_Shuichi said:
@AYOSHINA I'm bothering you again about the HoF... Wrong Ginga: Kofmaster is currently under the LotGH Collection when he should be the only user with the Ginga Tetsudou Collection.
\

No worries! Thanks for noticing, I'll fix it now.
Jan 20, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2010
riho88riho said:
@lycheejane @Rinarin @AngelBeatsYui

The one-year anniversary of this club's creation is coming up in Feb. I'd like to make "limited edition" cards to celebrate this event along with the special-event challenge I'll be releasing. As card/badge makers for the club, I'd like it if you would participate ^-^

Limited Edition One-Year Cards
Participation is not required, but preferred
Make as many different versions as you want (can be one, five, etc. - up to you).
Theme is basically one-year and this club sooo whatever image(s) you think suit that idea to you personally (or perhaps images you think others would relate to).
This will be a limited time so I'll probably give two weeks for requests before we close the thread - not sure if this will generate a lot of interest or not, so be both prepared for little work to a lot of work XD

1st Year Anniversary Challenge (here)
Participation is not required
I'd also like it if you each would make at least one badge for this challenge (again, whatever you think represents the club/challenge)
These will not be requestable (since we're doing cards as well), so the badges just need the challenge name and completed, as usual (and maybe participation badges too if you'd like to offer that/those)
GIF badges are allowed but not required
Size can be a bit bigger than normal since its a more meaningful challenge... let's say...360x156 at max? Or noraml size too - whichever you think people would like more and look better.

@Akai_Shuichi - I have a few more items to add to the challenge, but if you could calc. the points when I'm done I'd appreciate it as usual ^-^

Lastly...
Event Banner!
If intersted, I'd also like to request a few banners for this event.
1. To be displayed on the club page, top above even the welcome giant heart
2. Challenge name for the challenge thread (instead of just text like normal)
3. Banner for the limited edition cards

If you're interested, please make one for each - that way, if you're all interested and make banners I can pick one for each and display at least one of your banners ^-^

Question?
If any other staff have any input or ideas, please let me know. I won't lie, it feels a bit like a big deal/event for me (for this club to have grown so much and still be active/interesting... *sniffle* y'all are the best!) so I wanted to do a little more than usual ^^;;

Input: There should be a rule stating that restrictions from their respective challenges should also apply in this challenge... if not, I'll have to decrease the points... quite a bit.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🌊 June 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - May 31

178 by Goldquick »»
33 minutes ago

» 🟣 HiScore II 「 Anniversary Batch 143: JUN 02 | Sign Up B.143 until JUN 08 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 1, 2021

7324 by Campiz06 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

9108 by SheyCroix »»
4 hours ago

» 🔱 LoScore 「 Batch 56: JUN 03 | Sign Up B.56 until JUN 16 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Aug 26, 2019

9469 by GreenAngel333 »»
5 hours ago

» Thriller Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 10, 2019

301 by Aur0ra »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.