Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2016 6:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
xaos12 said:
Tokoya said:
I know right lol....Normal is boring as fuck anyway

I already said it's MAL/reddit thrown into a bus, so you can very much understand how much normal. xD
Like you said bro.....11/10 series confirmed xD
Apr 16, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
That's what happens when you get so many paranoid people and put them together. The only thing that they can do so well is who can scream and shout over each other the best. XD

.....although Love-Pon would win the top prize of " Most fucked up personality" though. =P

Valkana's attitude might belong in a pit of fire, but at least I can understand his frustrations about his past. It seems like his colleagues wanted to blame someone without any definite proof, and got away with it. If only someone can quell his anger, then I could respect him more. =/

Either way, Yottsun seems to be the first to die, but I wonder how it happened? Maybe the 'bear' got him, or maybe someone in the group killed him. Guesses for now, but we'll know eventually about his death soon enough.
Apr 16, 2016 6:27 AM
Dec 2013
The drama feels somewhat forced, still I want to see how it'll turn out.
Apr 16, 2016 6:34 AM
Apr 2014
>People are still taking this seriously
RIP Yottsun
So what the fuck are we dealing with? a bear?
Jacku is a criminal huh, I hope he doesn't stay locked up too long in that cell or die early, he's a fun character
Just give us Love-Pon's backstory already, she's beyond crazy and it's hilarious.
Comedy of the season.
Apr 16, 2016 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
Ridiculous, this show is ridiculous
Apr 16, 2016 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
Black guy always dies first
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 16, 2016 6:57 AM

Oct 2015
just what the hell happened at the end.
was that Masaki or...?
man I just can't wait for ep 4
Apr 16, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2015
never mind it's not Masaki it's definitely a male.
Apr 16, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2014
Some characters are completely retarded and don't even feel like human beings.

One dead and judging by the opening we can predict who is gonna stay until the end or be somewhat relevant and who exists just to die as fodder.
Apr 16, 2016 7:05 AM

Apr 2016
I expected more and I expect a lot from Mayoiga because it has potential - at least the idea about the village. The episode, though, was slow and particullary that episode made me realise that there is no one with intellect in this anime. They were shouting and going crazy for nothing and it was really exaggerated.
However, the ending was a bit shocking, especially the part where that execution b**ch pushed the MC off the bridge. First body to be found in a river sounds interesting enough, too, so I hope it gets better in the next episode asap.
Apr 16, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
Hmm i'm still unsure how i feel about this anime. I think there is no bear but a murderer out there. Somehow it wouldn't surprise me if masaki is the one who killed the sunglasses-guy.. xD

I really like the tied-up-Jack ♥
Apr 16, 2016 7:10 AM
Oct 2007
not too sure on what to think about this anymore..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2015
What does this show want to be?

Is it trying to shock me? Make me laugh? Scare me? I really don't understand what it wants me to feel. Surely this show's not being serious, right? I mean.. I guess It's stupid fun but, I just don't know what it's trying to be.

I tell you what it has succeeded at, making me not give a shit about any of the characters or their stories. Except Lion, she's still best grill.

I'm gonna keep up with it, it's one episode a week but.. it looks like it's going to be so stupid. Maybe I'll find fun in how stupid it'll become.
SwainyMay 29, 2016 12:18 PM
Apr 16, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2014
SimplyKairi said:
Am I the only one who hates this cast of bad characters? I mean if I had to choose it would be Lion and that's only because she doesn't talk much

wait till they give her lines.... fuck, this ep was straight up terrible imo. Even when we see yottsun's body, i just thought "oh yeah, i forgot he was even a part of the series already, lol". And its the first death, which is meant to be shocking and put you on edge. Other than that, i find extremely unrealistic how lovepon wasnt commited to a mental institute by her family already (unless she executed them xD, wouldnt be surprised tbh) and when all the characters talk it feels like they say the first thing that comes to mind, without thinking for even a spit second of the consequences of what theyre doing.

I also felt bad for Jack, but then thought the following: "ok, so everyone is afraid of him being crazy (ironic much, since about half the cast is batshit insane or just retarded), so they lock him up, thinking he's never gonna find a way to somehow escape (dumb af), in which case (if he was really as crazy as they think) he would kill all of them no doubt.... " thats some rational thinking xD.

Finally, i predict everyone is so self centred theyre gonna forget about the fact he's trapped in an underground cell in lets see... 1-2 seconds maybe?

Oh and the purpose of a mystery series is to trick the audience constantly so they don't expect whats coming. So maybe it wasnt a good idea to show masaki's flashback with a 1 min still frame and both her and yottsun disappearing... but hey im not a director, i don't know what im talking about (lol)

oh and in case somebody was wondering, theres no way im not dropping this after what I've seen today (granted ep1 and 2 weren't much better but stilll..)
AlvenzoApr 16, 2016 7:22 AM
Apr 16, 2016 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
I am sort of conflicted about this anime. On one hand there are some moments where I do feel the tension they are trying to build, but then there are others where it all just falls flat.
Characters also seem off. Many of them are too extreme. Though this is a group of people running away from their lives so that could explain it.
I liked Love-pon's yandere transformation but I don't find myself caring about her "traumatic past". I mean, they did almost nothing to make us care for her from before and they suddenly thwart this "traumatic past" thing in our faces.
Valkana's reason to be so uptight seemed weird, but at least they did give him focus from before so I can appreciate that.

I am looking forward to how this progresses and I hope it does a lot better.
Apr 16, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
too much whining and not enough Lion on this episode.....
Apr 16, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2010
The worst cases aren't actually the nutheads as much as the people who joined this tour imagining things will be happy-go-lucky and they won't have to face the problems stemming from human interactions.
Apr 16, 2016 7:43 AM

Jun 2013
It's legitimately pissing me off that another teriffic series is being shit on.
Apr 16, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
Lovepon is love, Lovepon is life.

Masaki might be lying though. Her reason, just like her clothes, is way too off. Her kind of character just pisses me off. But what the hell that eye is creepy as fuck.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Apr 16, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
Oh god, these characters are so stupid. A criminal in the past = execution? Distrusting each other in an abandoned place? The MC seems to be one of the smartest even though his personality is bland. Luckily, some of the characters are getting characterized (even, if it's just a bit) and the first one is killed off. With this, let the slaughter begin.

Tokoya said:
xaos12 said:

I already said it's MAL/reddit thrown into a bus, so you can very much understand how much normal. xD
Like you said bro.....11/10 series confirmed xD

So true. This could be one hell of a flame/slaughter party, considering that it's MAL.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 16, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
^ At least some people understand how bad the anime is :3
Apr 16, 2016 8:25 AM

Feb 2016
Stereotypes done well...even if they're irritating.

A team full of unlikable characters complemented the initial plot, and for me it was very passable.

There were times, unfortunately that they keep rushing in comedic (intentional and unintentional) scenes in serious events. Also the pacing is weird for 12 episodes or so. But fuck in-depth character development, the story's much more interesting than that.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 16, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Mitsumune thinks someone saying something mean justifies murdering them.
Apr 16, 2016 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Out of all the choices for main character, the 2 kids are still the worst. Lovepon is a psycho and she's probably the best so far.
It's finally starting to pick up.
Apr 16, 2016 8:51 AM
Jan 2014
Common plot guess: the rapist guy attacked Masaki so she killed him in defense and lied about it.
Apr 16, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
How can Mitsumune be so horny he can still get aroused by a girl in soaking clothes while she's literally trying to drown him??
Apr 16, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2011
11/10 for horny Mitsumune and Rapist-kun "swimming" in the river.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Apr 16, 2016 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
This show needs to be tagged as comedy.
Apr 16, 2016 9:13 AM

Oct 2009
Even though the show seems pretty stupid and the characters are all hate-worthy, I can't seem to stop watching it. LOL just hurry up and deei mitsumune, masaki, lovepon & hyouketsu

On to ep 4! :D

Apr 16, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
I really like the setting, but god, the characters are so annoying, they ruin the entire series. I hope pretty much everyone of them just drops dead.
Apr 16, 2016 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
Yottsun?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was hoping to at least hear one more wack rap from Yottsun before he died. Such a tragedy, why do the good die young?

Ah well, I'm sure he's up there up in hip hop heaven, having mad rap battles with 2pac and smoking blunts with Ol' Dirty Bastard.

Yautja said:
I really like the setting, but god, the characters are so annoying, they ruin the entire series. I hope pretty much everyone of them just drops dead.

Well I would assume you're in luck my friend as they probably will all drop dead.
Apr 16, 2016 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
SakurasouBusters said:

I totally agree. I doubt this show will make any "top 10 all time" lists but it's got a good mixture of suspense, mystery and comedy and you know there are going to be LOTS of twists and turns and "shocking" revelations coming up.

OF COURSE the characters are all weirded out and don't act like normal people - because they AREN'T normal people!! They are all square pegs who decided to go on this bat-shit crazy bus trip to a phony paradise which is now turning into a bad end.
Apr 16, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Well I would assume you're in luck my friend as they probably will all drop dead.

I just hope that they'll make the deaths as hilarious as in Another. The anime has a similar setting and animation, so there should be some unique deaths.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 16, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
SakurasouBusters said:

Not sure I would call it "terrific" but it certainly doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting.
I blame the tendency of MAL users to just parrot the first opinion they hear.
Apr 16, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Yottsun?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was hoping to at least hear one more wack rap from Yottsun before he died. Such a tragedy, why do the good die young?

Ah well, I'm sure he's up there up in hip hop heaven, having mad rap battles with 2pac and smoking blunts with Ol' Dirty Bastard.

Yautja said:

RIP Yottsun. He was a straight up pimp till his last breath, tryin to get bitches n shit xD. Its not easy growing up in a japanese ghetto....
Apr 16, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
this show is shallow as a puddle and more characters should have died already.

lovepon went apeshit ⊙__⊙;

Apr 16, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not going to even lie i did get some laughs out of this
Apr 16, 2016 9:49 AM
Jan 2015
SimplyKairi said:
Am I the only one who hates this cast of bad characters? I mean if I had to choose it would be Lion and that's only because she doesn't talk much
Yeah to be honest everyone is too paranoid and just flat out stupid lol. I do like maimai she cute. Masaki seems to be a main character but she seems like shes gonna be babied a lot and thats annoying. Guess this anime will be more chaotic than i thought. Excited to see Lion's development too.
Apr 16, 2016 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
So in conclusion this is literally a bad higurashi clone
-old fat guy like the detective watching everyone like higurashi
-ost at times sounds like higurashi
-location feels like higurashi
-everyone is quickly becoming insane
-eventually everyone will get massacred by each other
-misaki will most likely be a rena clone
-mc will most likely kill his best friend always giving him advice and then go psycho
Apr 16, 2016 9:54 AM
Oct 2014
This is what happen when you gather up some social freaks together and let them trying to form a new society...
Apr 16, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
I started watching this in the dark before bed. That eye jumped scared me so bad.

Nope. Picking up the Ep again tomorrow when it's light - it's bothered me that much >.>
Apr 16, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
SakurasouBusters said:

I feel you man. I'm really enjoying this series a lot and don't get the hate at all.
Apr 16, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO!! I love lovepon I just start laughing so hard whenever she screams for execution. She takes the cake for being the most fucked up character I seen in a while.
Apr 16, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2013
nobody seems to think about the mystery itself. oh well here I go.
So was that only me who heard that weird noise in the background as well with the bear? or was that just that one girl's scream?

Also that eye in the bush.
Are you guys kidding this looked like definitely anything, but a bear.
is nobody wondering about this eye in the bush? like. maybe the noise was the bear but this eye did not look like a bears eye to me.

Anyway we don't know yet if Masaki was lying or not.
The series might tell us now that she wasn't, but we can't be sure.
Assuming she didn't lie then what did yottsun see? "why here?" is what he said. he went without looking back and just vanished.
The corpse at the end of the episode is definitely him - so he died. I think we can safely assume this when looking at the clothes of the corpse.
There were no traces of blood in the water around the corpse so I don't think the bear killed him. His clothes didn't look torn up as well. Also how did he actually get in the water?
To me it looks more like someone wanted to hide the corpse in the stream...
Why did he want to go with Masaki alone that way in the first place? Why are her clothes that torn? did she really just fall down? I'm not buying it.

Where did all the villagers go? A single bear couldn't just have killed them all of there.

And not to forget the bus driver.
I'm not buying this "responsible adult stuff" all of a sudden. He will not go back to the bus till everyone is with him? This seems odd. Something happened in episode 2 with the knocking on the door that he decided to stay - if this is still the bus driver from the beginning and not something that is looking like him.

Also with the characters cast it's completely opposite to me:
I think this is on purpose.
These are people who want to leave their old life behind - they couldn't stand society and all have their own social problems. Now we're stuffing all these people that are so weird that they can't live in normal society into a single bus and of course they are all completely mad.
These are all people who wanna escape reality or can't get along with others or are too weird for this world and they actually think live will change and be happy go lucky if they go elsewhere.
Hell episode 1 told us all this why is everyone wondering about this bad cast of characters? lol of course this is a bunch of weirdos.

Anyway I'm quite curious about the revelations and how this will continue.
Something something something
Apr 16, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty sure Lovepon got raped or something previously, hence her aprehension to criminals and reaction to when they mentioned Yottsun might have assaulted Masaki. Either that or just a crazy ass feminist blogger who gets triggered by stuff that didn't even happen to her lol, I could see that as it is 2016 after all.

Feeling like Valcana might be dead next though, him wandering alone into the forest after getting angry isn't a good sign, and I'll be sad if he goes this early because he's my favorite character.

LeFlower-kun said:
SakurasouBusters said:

I feel you man. I'm really enjoying this series a lot and don't get the hate at all.

Just biased people who despise Okada rating this series a 4/3 without even trying to look for good points.
Apr 16, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Looking forward to who/what that eye belongs to. Love how everyone is on edge, but really do hate some of these characters, Lovepon is great though.
Hopefully shit hits the fan next episode.

Apr 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Oct 2014
tinybunnvevo said:

I hate to come to such a quick conclusion, but I can already see the biggest pitfall in this anime is that it has only 12 episodes and more than 3 characters. The first guy goes, and I can't say I feel anything- hell, I can't even remember his name. With only 9 episodes left, I'm afraid that Mayoiga will only be able to do a good job of getting people to care about 3-5 characters at the most. Still going to watch it through until the end, though.

Yeah, I have to agree there. That combination is definitely going to be the largest problem of the anime. I'm really enjoying it, but there are just way too many characters to keep up with. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone actually remembered Yottsun's name. I certainly didn't.

Such a shame too, because I think that each and every one of these characters has a potentially interesting back story, but not all of them are going to get their time to shine. Oh well. Can't be helped.

SakurasouBusters said:

It can't be helped, really. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or so they say. I've certainly had my fair share of shows that I loved that weren't very well received looks at Koufuku Grafiti. The good thing is that for a series like this though, the people who really hate the show leave after the first half or so, so the threads are usually filled just with people who enjoy it by the end (there will of course be some stragglers, but opinions are opinions)
MegaShadowFistApr 16, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 16, 2016 11:28 AM

Jun 2013
and they are already turning on each other and fuck thos company jerks and goddamn that love girl is crazy
Apr 16, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Am I the only one that's not being interested? There isn't much of a soundtrack too intensify the mood and there are far too many characters to truly flesh them out. It just feels like a mediocre take at a thriller/mystery. I'll keep watching in hope that it'll get better for me.
Apr 16, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2015
the story development seems way too fast. they should show an idyllic life in the mountains first. let the characters grow together and then slowly start with the actual plot

not:
bus accident->arrive at an empty village->person disappears->boy trys to kill another camper->turns out he is a murderer->one girl is completly insane->one is already dead

in just 3 eps...feels forced

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.