Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 11, 2021 8:24 AM

May 2020
How dare you treat Misaki like that and went with crazy girl

🅳🅴🅻🅸🆅🅴🆁🅸🅴🆂

“Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you...
...is coming.”
― Kosei Arima

Apr 19, 2021 4:40 PM

Jun 2015
Oh no, a romance with a love triangle!
Oh, no! Senpai is depressed from her job and contemplating suicide; she hasn't had enough screentime or character development to care about her subplot or her existence. I'm sure a lot of easily depressed viewers will relate to her and think this is good writing, but no, a character having difficulty working and being dumped by a boyfriend is a cliche bad writing plot device to make a character depressed, leading to suicidal thoughts.

I believe it would work better if the protagonist was the one who is suicidal and is overcoming depression instead of a side character.

Shit episode 1/5; bad slow-paced plot and lack of character development. I'm hoping the next one will fix that.
DeagoApr 19, 2021 9:35 PM
May 1, 2021 3:46 PM
Apr 2018
I'm rooting for you Satou
Mar 15, 2022 10:32 AM
Aug 2021
Oh so Hitomi's just as troubled as Satou is. And with Hitomi typing up that rather weird(but funny) fake story. To me it seems that two troubled people are heading to a place filled with other troubled people , this can't end very well...

Poor Yamazaki. Sato keeps ditching the gal game gigs.
Mar 31, 2022 10:50 AM
Nov 2020
My boi doesnt have a clue where his going does he?
Aug 27, 2022 7:32 PM

May 2015
I don't even know what's happening anymore
Oct 12, 2022 9:19 AM

Sep 2017
well the ending narration of senpai was pretty dark.

pretty sure she is gonna drag sato to the depths of hell literally.

misaki should try apologising or atleast explaining for all the stalking she did on sato.

rip yamazaki's summer sale promo

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 24, 2023 2:57 PM
Feb 2019
there two depressed people go to the suicide meeting and... ?
Jun 16, 2023 7:26 AM
Jun 2022
It's just really fun to watch it
Jul 26, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 2021
I don't know what place they're going to visit but probably this is not good
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Oct 19, 2023 2:06 PM

Sep 2017
Way to go Sato, way to go
خ
Feb 11, 12:27 AM

Apr 2023
This episode was crazy!! You could kind of see the twist coming but the double meanings and mismatched understandings this episode were incredible.

P.S. I just noticed, but does Miaski have like, two outfits? I swear she's always in either that same jean skirt/two-tone shirt getup or that other dress. Relateable af.
May 9, 4:10 AM

Feb 2021
Ok, I had to rewatch several bits of this episode cause I first thought the 'Offline Meeting' organization was some organization to heal people for having troubling issues, which completely made me believe Misaki was upset to see that Satou was looking for something else to heal himself from being a hikikomori. I actually believed the statement from the website 'Free your Souls' was meant to be some phrase for someone to find inner peace or something... er... no..... not at all..... the preview, in the end, made me realize what the organization really is.....
It also explains the website's background of the eyes, as seen in the credits as well.

I definitely get what kind of character Hitomi is. She also tends to isolate herself from others; however, to be a full-on hikikomori, one doesn't have a job. She, however, does have one. I believe even more that the hikikomori mindset is more of a mental idea. Because of the many issues she's dealing with, she attempts to escape reality and find a way to leave the problems within the world, which is why she is seen taking these pills that seem to give illusions of the sort, as well as getting herself drunk. What she does in public is to show her normal side when, in reality, within herself is a complete sense of isolation. This shows the more dangerous type of mindset: while Satou is the type who wants to fully show and commit a sense of isolation, Hitomi is the kind to not show things are going wrong but how she really wants to end herself.

What we eventually see as well is that she was able to get close to Satou because the two have similar issues of isolation. When she arrives at Satou's apartment, he recalls how she was acting in a good mood drunk because of an incident she recently went through. Satou even wished he would have helped her back then in some way, believing his life could have been different, but he couldn't. This is definitely a thought that brings up people when they're in a state of doubt; they'd think of what could have happened if they had made such a decision to possibly make a different outcome in life. Satou then believes that he should help her somehow, so he decides to ask to come along with Hitomi in the hope that he can no longer stay as a hikikomori. At least we can see Satou thinking about this situation in a way that would benefit him to change, while Hitomi's real intention is to end it all. This explains why Misaki was upset to see Satou leave with her; he could have been going on a dangerous path. (Though then again, would that mean she also knows Hitomi? Also, the beginning of the episode shows a bit of Misaki upset about how she might have failed with her project, which makes you question why she decided to look out for him in the first place.)

The preview shows that Satou will end up in a situation he might not have expected.

(Oh yeah... WHAT'S YAMAZAKI GOING TO THINK AFTER HE SEES SATOU'S LETTER???)
Yes, I still have candies since I'm sugar addicted:

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

637 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Yesterday, 8:40 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

166 by Ronninn »»
Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

126 by puffle9000 »»
May 22, 10:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

122 by Ronninn »»
May 22, 9:30 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
May 21, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.