Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 22, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
Goo4 said:
^Korean > Japanese > Mandarin.

Chinese is surprisingly easy, since it has relatively simple grammar. You only need to memorise words and stuffs. However, both Korean and Japanese has some kind of epic suffix or prepositions that goes between the words every single time. They all change within circumstances, and most of them is hard to record as grammatical rules. Especailly Korean is even more complexed with that stuff.

anyways, it is becoming more like haibane renbei. I like it.

Huh, to get correct Chinese expressions is... quite non-trivial... and much harder than getting particles right in Japanese. Believe me, I know both languages.

Talking about French, which I also happen to be extremely fluent at (my French > my English, theoretically), I agree that it's beautiful, elegant, but extremely hard, frustrating and has a lot of useless rules.... much more than English or Spanish (which I also happen to be fluent at :/)

Difficulty are ranked as following. I don't rank Asian language with European ones since it's just different.

Chinese > Japanese
French > Spanish > English

Eh. Maybe it's because I know the Korean by default. Perspective might be different.

But the thing I know is, Chinese usually learns English faster than Koreans or Japanese. It's mainly because of the completely different structure of grammars. (English + chinese = Subject > Verb > Object, Korean + japanese = Subject > Object > Verb) Most of my friend or others ranks Korean and Japanese as one of the hardest language, not chinese. Dun know

I'm learning Mandarin in school, and you can do most of the conversations just by knowing few words and expressions. Well, it might be just me.
Jan 22, 2010 6:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Goo4 said:
wakka9ca said:
Goo4 said:
^Korean > Japanese > Mandarin.

Chinese is surprisingly easy, since it has relatively simple grammar. You only need to memorise words and stuffs. However, both Korean and Japanese has some kind of epic suffix or prepositions that goes between the words every single time. They all change within circumstances, and most of them is hard to record as grammatical rules. Especailly Korean is even more complexed with that stuff.

anyways, it is becoming more like haibane renbei. I like it.

Huh, to get correct Chinese expressions is... quite non-trivial... and much harder than getting particles right in Japanese. Believe me, I know both languages.

Talking about French, which I also happen to be extremely fluent at (my French > my English, theoretically), I agree that it's beautiful, elegant, but extremely hard, frustrating and has a lot of useless rules.... much more than English or Spanish (which I also happen to be fluent at :/)

Difficulty are ranked as following. I don't rank Asian language with European ones since it's just different.

Chinese > Japanese
French > Spanish > English

Eh. Maybe it's because I know the Korean by default. Perspective might be different.

But the thing I know is, Chinese usually learns English faster than Koreans or Japanese. It's mainly because of the completely different structure of grammars. (English + chinese = Subject > Verb > Object, Korean + japanese = Subject > Object > Verb) Most of my friend or others ranks Korean and Japanese as one of the hardest language, not chinese. Dun know

I'm learning Mandarin in school, and you can do most of the conversations just by knowing few words and expressions. Well, it might be just me.

Yeah, I think it's different for everyone.... I happen to know Chinese by default. It's easy to speak it. Hard to speak it good. Hard to pronounce the words with the right intonation. Extremely hard to write it (beyond grade 1 level lol)

For Japanese, it's: ok to speak it, moderately hard to write it. Hard to write it (high level = kanji = same difficulty as Chinese)
French: moderately hard to speak it, hard to master the grammar. Thanks god I was raised in a French environment...
Spanish: consider it as an easier version of French
English: need I say more?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 23, 2010 3:26 AM

Dec 2008
this show keeps up the enhancement with every new episode.
with this episode I've also found my favorite character: Rio

the cockpit of the tank looked very cool
The backround music feels so nice and nostalgic,too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 7:21 AM

Mar 2009
This may be the biggest turn around in anime I've ever had. After episode 1, I was like "This show fails, bunch of moe bullshit!". After episode 3, I'm like " This shows wins, bunch of awesome moe bullshit!". LULZ jk!!! But really this show is good, and getting better by the minute...Urahara Out!!
Jan 23, 2010 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
What an absurd!
They live somewhere in Spain (it looks like Cuenca), the girl got malaria and in one minute she's dying and second minute she's allright.
LOL?
Jan 23, 2010 9:15 AM
Dec 2008
I hope the show will tell more about the church's teachings and principles. Knowing a culture's religion is the key to learing the culture itself, you know?
Jan 23, 2010 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
Not bad for a development episode. I really like the ED. It's full of spirit.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 23, 2010 4:23 PM

May 2009
Starbrow said:
Dont know why, but i was expecting that "Blonde" to drop from a stray bullet the whole time she was playing that song in a flashback.
Hah, same here.

This was a nice episode. I hope the tank goes all mecha and suddenly mecha in my moe animu. Do want.
Jan 24, 2010 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm, so instead of being a military K-ON!, it's more like a military K-ON! in Glie. Got some serious Haibane Renmei vibes from this episode.

Reki = Rio
Rakka = Kanata
Kuramori = Mystery character from the past/Rio's senpai?

Jan 25, 2010 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
To me, this show isn't really going anywhere.
I will give it a chance because I like the soundtrack and it seems like there are some secrets to be revealed, but if the next 2 eps aren't about SOMETHING instead of just.. whatever that was this episode, I am definitely dropping this.
Jan 25, 2010 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
I have to say that this show went above my expectations in terms of human drama and character development. Since this is a 13-episode series, the writers are picking the right time to develop Kanata and Rio. The thing that struck me most about the episode was the music (well, duh!). The year only just started and I already think that Sora no Woto has the best soundtrack of the year. I got teary-eyed during the scene with the mecha. So far, this is a solid, well-written series, and I'm loving every minute of it. Moeblob? What moeblob?
Jan 25, 2010 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
Invisiblemoose said:
ArcticMech said:
There really something to hearing Amazing Grace being played (well) on a trumpet. Stirs the soul.

Want to hear talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rlj3X_Gx_Q

Both versions of the song are beautiful.
Jan 25, 2010 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
Moe. Done. Mother. Fucking. RIGHT.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 31, 2010 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
I'm liking this show, heh and it's kinda interesting that Rio has the same name as me....It makes me feel proud of my name *u*
And I love how this show makes you feel, sorta reminiscent of some ghibli films. I have high hopes for this!

Feb 1, 2010 5:48 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i think i'll drop this. where's the plot? let me know if it ever gets good, story wise.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 1, 2010 6:03 PM

Apr 2009
Oooh so it was Amazing Grace. xD
Feb 3, 2010 3:18 PM
Jun 2008
Wow! Rio is so cool! *-*
Feb 4, 2010 6:02 AM

Jun 2008
Naruleach said:
i think i'll drop this. where's the plot? let me know if it ever gets good, story wise.
Just a quick question....does anyone's life really have a plot to it?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 5, 2010 11:04 PM

Dec 2007
I liked how Rio has more screentime in this episode. Amazing Grace is beautiful music, and I enjoy listening to it.
Feb 6, 2010 5:04 PM

May 2008
I liked all the different instrumental versions they did of Amazing Grace.

And Rio...do you think you REALLY needed to bandage more than half your hand for a THUMB CUT? x_X Honestly..what a waste of bandages..

Feb 28, 2010 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode, I am starting to feel some pretty good character chemestry going on. I do hope it lasts through the series. Nice back story on Rio too!
Mar 5, 2010 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
Kanata is hot!

..I mean she has a fever.

It's nice to see Rio panicking, in general this kind of characters are the perfect senpai that know everything and that keep their temper in every situations.
It's a nice break with this kind of stereotype.
Apr 2, 2010 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
Yay, now I finally know which the song they played is called! (Annoying not knowing the name :<)
So Amazung Grace, huh...
Apr 28, 2010 9:26 PM
Apr 2009
Kind of wish things were more original and created for their world specifically, but I'm really enjoying this series still =]
May 16, 2010 5:15 AM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly high-tech tank they got there.
Jul 3, 2010 2:54 AM

Sep 2007
I needed an anime like this. It's so calming like Aria, but so cute like Strike Witches.

Jul 19, 2010 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
Did she really have to bandage her half arm for a little cut?
Nov 30, 2010 12:22 PM

Jun 2009
Why do I have the feeling the blonde girl is something like Rio’s sister...?

The drama was a bit odd; they could’ve been more original and not used the main-character-gets-sick-and-has-fever excuse… It was nicely done, anyway.

Oh, I guess the tank was made by English people, since that’s the interface’s language… And a music playing tank’s needed in battle, of course.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 10, 2010 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
I thought that the blonde girl was the Captain for a second. I guess that's not the case.
May 12, 2011 10:34 PM
Apr 2009
yea i liked how they used the song amazing grace and its kinda special to me because that was played at my grandpas funeral
Jan 9, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2009
So much panic for a fever.
Relax woman! It happens all the time. Handle your baggage!
Sep 3, 2012 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
Kanata: I want some snow to eat...
Rio: Snow... Where's the snow... *wait what.* WHY THE HELL WOULD WE HAVE ANY SNOW?!

^has to be the highlight of the whole series. Too funny. ;-;"
Oct 1, 2012 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
When she said she was going to pay them back for their help, I thought she was gonna blast them with the tank D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 15, 2012 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty boring episode, felt kinda filler-ish. On to the next one!
Feb 10, 2013 10:08 AM

Dec 2011
Filler-ish? It didn't feel "filler-ish" to me at all.

Watch where you aim that thing, Kanata.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 20, 2013 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
It's getting better.
Waiting for it to surprise me
May 9, 2013 12:51 PM

Sep 2012
I guess this episode prove me once more why I love the voice of Yuu Kobayashi.
Sep 9, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode, much similar to the atmosphere of the first. It seems Kanata and Rio both have memories of the same woman. I really like the scene where she's playing Amazing Grace and the sky clears up and color enters the scene.
Oct 25, 2013 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
Seeing a strong resemebalnce to Haibane Renmei in this episode.
Rio: Reki
Kanata: Rakka.
Plus Rio taking care of Kanata by her bedside definitely had me thinking of when Rakka's wings were emerging in Haibane Renmei.

Kanata also reminds me of Akari from ARIA, seeing everything as suteki~(wonderful), and Felicia definitely reminds me of Alicia.

Both of these are very good things of course. That and the the interesting use of Amazing Grace have me expecting a lot from this series. I'm perfectly fine with the subdued pace, but I'm hoping it will pick up at later when the character/world intros end and the main plot comes into full swing. Hope this turns out to be a truly great series.
Dec 22, 2013 9:40 PM
Aug 2012
i love this
Dec 30, 2013 3:57 AM

Dec 2010
This already got better than I expected. Totally enjoying it.

Starbrow said:
Dont know why, but i was expecting that "Blonde" to drop from a stray bullet the whole time she was playing that song in a flashback.
:D :D :D
Jun 14, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2012
Quite fast for a being sick episode but well it was still pretty lovely!
Feb 4, 2015 7:46 PM

Oct 2013
They got tanks like that but rifles from the second world war and phones from the 60's xd, makes sense, still enjoyed the episode though.

May 25, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
I don't have anything against this show really but it does feel like it's the same show being produced for the millionth time. Feels like the same elements are being poured to same mold to produced to be catered to specific audience.

It doesn't make the show bad but makes me wonder whether i should bother even watching the rest of it.
Nov 1, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
>show takes place in post-apocalyptic future

>is about music

2/5
May 3, 2016 8:18 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I wonder why it's military setting when the show isn't even attempting to use it. Basically cute girls show.
May 3, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
Barnald said:
I wonder why it's military setting when the show isn't even attempting to use it. Basically cute girls show.

Well that's what this show just is. Kawai for Moe crowd.
May 4, 2016 2:35 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Kuruwin said:
Barnald said:

Well that's what this show just is. Kawai for Moe crowd.

Yay, all hail Keion in military setting.
Dec 1, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2015
Fever episode is unnecessary imo.

Repetition of Amazing Grace annoyed me.

2.3/5
May 5, 2017 12:15 PM

May 2010
Really good episode once again. Hope it keeps this pace. And tbh I take offense when people call it a moeblob show.
TragicRomanceMay 5, 2017 12:18 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

porkypink - Jan 4, 2010

384 by Ui »»
May 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.