Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 14, 2016 8:00 AM
Apr 2016
thiagopv said:
Man, that ED is so good. Definitely the best song of the season for me.

ikr... the music, the art... it feels and look amazing.

I would like to have Atsushi as friend.

(but fuk it)
Apr 14, 2016 8:17 AM
Aug 2014
Piromysl said:
I guess this will have wincest involved. :>
can't wait for some doujin exploring that territory
Apr 14, 2016 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
It was pretty good, but still, nothing special
Apr 14, 2016 9:04 AM
Oct 2015
Haqase said:
It throws in too much comedy during the serious moments, ruins the atmosphere. Also I didn't feel like we required an entire episode just to see the MC join the group. Hope they don't drag future eps and actually get on with stuff.

If we do not get to know more the characters and their behavior and thinking patterns through these episodes, then I do not think Bungou would have been enjoyable. The comedy is necessary, since it is more pleasant to watch and we can see many facets of the character's personality. (If it was all drama, it would have been as unbearable to watch as "Cake" was for me.) Also, it is still the beginning of the series, so I would not be so judgmental of the producers using too much comedy. Only in this way, imo can we become more familiar and invested with some characters.
Apr 14, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
Both the anime and manga have yet to impress me at all.
Comedy is overbearing, amiss, annoying and fucking ridiculous.
Good visuals, character design and seiyuu does not make up for all this series lacks, like good writing.

Will hold out hope that this will take a turn for the better and not just pander to fujoshi.
crestofhonestyApr 15, 2016 9:00 AM
Apr 14, 2016 9:49 AM

Jan 2015
FuegoIndigo said:
Haqase said:
It throws in too much comedy during the serious moments, ruins the atmosphere. Also I didn't feel like we required an entire episode just to see the MC join the group. Hope they don't drag future eps and actually get on with stuff.

If we do not get to know more the characters and their behavior and thinking patterns through these episodes, then I do not think Bungou would have been enjoyable. The comedy is necessary, since it is more pleasant to watch and we can see many facets of the character's personality. (If it was all drama, it would have been as unbearable to watch as "Cake" was for me.) Also, it is still the beginning of the series, so I would not be so judgmental of the producers using too much comedy. Only in this way, imo can we become more familiar and invested with some characters.

You can have comedy, sure. But it has to be done in a way so that you can transition from comedy to serious scenes without disrupting the flow. Whenever they're having a dialogue or talking, it gets interrupted due to some silly gimick or comedy. I just think it can be executed a lot better. I doubt it will improve in future eps. Time will tell.

Apr 14, 2016 10:05 AM

Oct 2014
FuegoIndigo said:
Also, it is still the beginning of the series, so I would not be so judgmental of the producers using too much comedy.

Being someone who is now reading the manga, I can say the manga also has a unnecessary amount of comedy, in my opinion. So it's not just the producers.
Apr 14, 2016 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
I enojoyed this episode more than the last one, but it still has to impress me. Nevertheless, the bomb test was hilarious.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 14, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
Lol...this is getting interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 14, 2016 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
why does he even wanna kill himself? wtf that was his sister and she's brocon too! and god that long guitar solo at the end was amazing
Apr 14, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode~ Loving the cast and their interactions, plus their voice actors are superb - kudos to them. The comedy was quite heavy this episode but I'm totally fine with it because I actually enjoyed it and found it genuinely funny, plus the bomb scene ended up as a test made it even better. Mm don't like the office girl yet tho. Daizai is so cool~ ^.^ based Miyano Mamoru seriously.

Can't wait for future episodes and more character interactions, fights, and also other characters to be introduced! ED song is just beautiful - visually and sound-wise.

Haqase said:
FuegoIndigo said:

You can have comedy, sure. But it has to be done in a way so that you can transition from comedy to serious scenes without disrupting the flow. Whenever they're having a dialogue or talking, it gets interrupted due to some silly gimick or comedy. I just think it can be executed a lot better. I doubt it will improve in future eps. Time will tell.

I think future scenes/serious scenes will probably have better transitions and a more focused serious tone if it is intended to be serious, this episode's bomb scene was alright in the sense that it wasn't legitimately serious per se, especially since it was just a test, as also mentioned by some others here - so I felt the comedy definitely didn't hinder anything here.
Apr 14, 2016 12:17 PM
Dec 2015
Esto esta muy bueno... Se ve lo interesante que se pondra
Apr 14, 2016 2:24 PM
Nov 2013
The whole test scene was so ridiculously awesome, Atsushi is a very good actor lmao. I don't get all the references but this is such a fun show, i'll definitely have to look into it.
Apr 14, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
I agree with a lot of other people that I think it's going to struggle to hold any kind of mystery or suspense if it carries on with this style of comedy, but it's still quite good so far.
Apr 14, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
ViktorPc said:
thiagopv said:
Man, that ED is so good. Definitely the best song of the season for me.

ikr... the music, the art... it feels and look amazing.

I would like to have Atsushi as friend.

(but fuk it)

I know how you feel. The art and the music are so good, they blend perfectly in every moment of the ED.

It's not just listening to the music, you can feel the music, it's amazing.
Apr 14, 2016 3:32 PM

Jan 2015
atsushi, dazai & kunikida best trio! <3

ppl it's just the second episode, if the op and ed scenes are anything to go by, the show will have less comedy in the future (well I'm enjoying the fun mood anyway). plus it will be 2 cours, many things can happen in 24 episodes. let's watch and wait ^_^
Apr 14, 2016 6:56 PM

Oct 2011
So happy this is getting a season 2 YAY

Danzi and Atsushi OMG XDD
Apr 14, 2016 7:13 PM

Apr 2014
What I find so intriguing is how Junichirou's sister is named Naomi. It's because Junichirou Tanazaki had actually wrote a book called "Naomi" and the story (to sum up) is about this dude who is madly in love and obsessed with this foreign girl whom he met. I guess you could connect the story with Naomi in Bungou Stray Dogs since she has a huge loving obsession over her "ONII-SAMA~!" XD (idk why but i just found that part hilarious!)

Also, to those who don't like the comedy and want more serious stuff, just wait. The series actually will get to it and let me just say, it's pretty awesome. I know since I read the manga x3 tehee
Apr 14, 2016 7:41 PM
Sep 2012
I like the first ep better but it was still enjoyable.
I quite like the comedy thou and the ED is just mind-blowing, I really can't wait for Akutagawa's appearance :>
Apr 14, 2016 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
"hey there's a bomber in the office, let's just enter by the front door and hope he doesnt notice us!"

*bomber looks away at the same time they enter*

brilliant.
Apr 14, 2016 11:18 PM

Sep 2015
fallinh said:
I like the first ep better but it was still enjoyable.
I quite like the comedy thou and the ED is just mind-blowing, I really can't wait for Akutagawa's appearance :>
Me too the way that they introduce him will be badass. Also it can not wait for them to animate Akutagawa's ability and it will be super duper awesome.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Apr 14, 2016 11:24 PM
Jun 2015
I liked the comedy in this episode, but I hope it becomes a little more serious soon. I have some hype for this show. Might read ahead in the manga. Btw, Dazai is fucking amazing. Hes like Xerxes crossed with Nozumu. His seiyuu and the facial expressions he makes just make him better. Not really liking the MC though. He's a little bland and sometimes annoying, but he did make me chuckle a few times so that's fine. 4/5 I'll love this show once it gets a more serious tone, I just know.
JunkAccount101Apr 16, 2016 3:18 AM
Apr 15, 2016 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
Really?! Complain about comedy?! Enjoy this, because later on it will be almost non-stop shounen-battle series.
Apr 15, 2016 12:39 AM

Mar 2011
I really like the characters so far. I hope that things will get a bit more serious soon.
Apr 15, 2016 2:40 AM

Dec 2014
It was an okay episode although I really hope they lay off the comedy it was okay at 1st and now I feel like this comedy they are doing isn't really actually all that funny and it is starting to come rather annoying. Comedy isn't in it genre so I hope it will start to get more serious over the next few episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 7:13 AM
Nov 2015
Hongu said:
Why is this show so gay?

Yeah lots of ikemen pretty boys wearing metrosexual clothes. I also noticed they do a lot of butt shots. Maybe it's the slight homophobe in me that notices these things. I like the story and art, and really I don't care but I would put money on it the creators are gay or they are deliberately trying to appeal to that crowd.
Apr 15, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
The PV totally tricked me into believing that this will start as a serious anime. The PV should've added some comedic scenes so we would expect something like this. Maybe that's the reason why I'm so freaking disappointed with this show to the point of dropping ultimately.

And I disagree that we should wait for a couple of episodes for the serious tone to kick in. The anime should've introduced BOTH the tones to an extent, even mere hints and contexts, anything that would make us intrigue.

The last couple of seconds showing the villain is the cake of that. And now that the villain is shown, I expect that the tone would tighten up and be more serious like how the PV conveyed.

One-two more episodes.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 15, 2016 8:51 AM
Sep 2012
Peabot said:
Hongu said:
Why is this show so gay?

Yeah lots of ikemen pretty boys wearing metrosexual clothes. I also noticed they do a lot of butt shots. Maybe it's the slight homophobe in me that notices these things. I like the story and art, and really I don't care but I would put money on it the creators are gay or they are deliberately trying to appeal to that crowd.

exactly my thought lol
Apr 15, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2014
Danzai = bae

I hope they won't let the incest comedy take over the whole show though because I hate that shit
Hongu said:
Why is this show so gay?
Is that a problem?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 15, 2016 2:20 PM
Aug 2014
With comedy is better.
Apr 15, 2016 3:57 PM

Nov 2014
Catalyze said:
I haven't dropped a series in a very long time, but this one is a candidate. Hopefully, either the series will change a bit or I will learn to tolerate it better.

I drop series way too often on a bad episode which this nearly was, the comedy and premise saved it in the end but it certainly didn't live upto the standard of episode 1.
Apr 15, 2016 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
I really started to like this anime more, its a smart one and keeps you thinking.
I adore the comedy its great xD Especially the facial expressions of the characters <3 The artist did a great job

Btw has anyone else realised how fine his butt is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This episode was really funny 5/5 xD

Oh and am I the only one that ships Dazai and Atsushi? :33
Apr 15, 2016 7:32 PM

May 2015
i hope this show isn't episodic

i guess this anime must getting more serious, i'm not like their comedy taste
Apr 15, 2016 9:28 PM

Jan 2014
Atsushi pulled a Captain America. Dazai's such a troll but he technically didn't lie so...
Apr 15, 2016 9:30 PM

Dec 2009
Brother complex character spotted. Really enjoying this series so far. Lots of laughs but from the way things look it's going to get fairly serious as it goes on.
Apr 15, 2016 9:31 PM
Dec 2015
Dazai is lovvveeeeee!! as expected from Miyano Mamoru xDDD tho the episode seems kinda dragging and real slow but yeah he's the life of the partayyy. This gets me so curious about the real dazai osamu and now i'm planning to buy his last book (used as the name of his power omg) on amazon or something xD haha
Apr 16, 2016 2:21 AM

Aug 2012
I saw from miles away that it's just a test. It's impossible that other members wouldn't be there if there's a jihad in their HQ. Decent episode, the big boss looks cool. All Men are Equal..!?? Haha curious about that particular ability.
Apr 16, 2016 5:03 AM

Jan 2015
hmm A little different from the manga but it was still really good also that brother fetish is something I don't like bruh..
Apr 16, 2016 7:18 AM

Feb 2016
That Onii-sama stuff reminded me of some painful memories of Sasuga Onii-sama for some reason.
Other than that quite fun, I enjoyed it. But I hope it gets more intense later.
Apr 16, 2016 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
If anything, 10/10 for Hosoya's performance :p
No seriously.
Apr 17, 2016 3:56 AM
Mar 2012
Comedy more on point than ep1. Feels closer to Kekkai Sensen now.
Nice manbutt & va.
Whole sequence & newspaper rant were lol.
Pres like Gintoki? Random brocon.
Vampires next?
Apr 17, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2011
First half was okay the second half was better
Apr 17, 2016 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really enjoying this so far ! c: I think we all agree that Dazai is an amazing character, and Miyano Mamoru is doing a great job voicing him, as usual !

Can't wait 'til Atsushi learns to control his powers~ If he ever does, that is.

Apr 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
Great anime so far, these 2 episodes are really good. Dazai is funny and the action is intense. I wonder why he said to the boss that he will recruit the man with the best power.
Apr 17, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
I like this anime so far! It's one interesting story and cool characters and I like the humor! Looking forward for more! :)
Apr 17, 2016 2:50 PM

Nov 2015
Dazai is the best!

Apr 17, 2016 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
Wowowowow I'm in love with this anime.
Apr 18, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2016
Funny, but meh... Blondie at the end looks cool though so I'll keep watching.
Apr 19, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
Ehhhh, this show is going mediocre. Too much comedy, and it's repeated and not funny.
Apr 19, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2012
Decent episode. I'm hoping to see white tiger action next episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

369 by Lord-Commissar »»
Jun 8, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

204 by moraxiom »»
May 10, 1:41 PM

» Writing is more miss than hit; will it get better?

BiobulletM - May 3

30 by BiobulletM »»
May 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by Majutsuishi »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.