Forum Settings
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2010
Now that's the last for my favorite series.
Although I expected something like a finale but more like the same as the other episodes except being longer.

That bell drops scene is beautiful. Goosebumps!

Man, Mushishi is definitely going to be missed.
Afterall, all good things must come to an end.
But still. :(
Aug 8, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
One of the best, soothing series I've ever watched, enjoyed this episode like all the others, amazing. I loved how it ends with something like "this story will go on and on and on like this". Loved it!
Though Ginko might end up sacrificing himself one day again.. :x
Aug 9, 2016 5:09 AM

Nov 2010
Man, that was a Beautiful ending, really loved it.

Gonna miss this show.
Aug 30, 2016 3:15 PM
Sep 2014
I didn't like the movie so much, i expected a conclusion, not another episode. And i liked a lot other episodes. Despite that, Mushishi is one of the best anime ever.
Sep 12, 2016 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode/movie but it felt disappointing for an ending to the series. Just felt like there was so much we still didn't get to know about the Mushi and their world :( Great series overall but dam, gonna miss it.
Sep 13, 2016 1:50 AM

Oct 2014
Most people probably won't remember this, but on the very first episode of the original Mushishi anime, the circle of light, the same beings you see in this final episode, also appear. Despite not seeing these Mushi entities for the entire series, we see them again here. Why is that? I like to think it's the author's intent to provide a soft closure for the series, a subtle conclusion of our view into Ginko's journey.

One of the aspects of this episode I rather enjoyed was Ginko's genuine appreciation for the fact that humans could become lords, that humans can still be connected to nature despite our humanity. Yet later is disgusted when he finds out the the law doesn't account for humanity's, well, humanity. In the end, Ginko stands up for humanity's place in nature.

"They will not become disconnected. Absolutely not. Because humans, too, are just another part of the mountain."

I was pleased by Ginko's determination in this final episode. I don't think Ginko would have been as steadfast in his defense of his fellow humans at the start of the show, instead remaining passively neutral. It's a small bit of character development that I'd like to think was borne of his travels with the viewers. Mushishi has come full circle, a proper conclusion for a series such as this.
BentoboxingSep 13, 2016 2:11 AM
Dec 1, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2008
An end to an amazing chapter.
Was this the final chapter of the manga?
Jan 7, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
Well,life also doesn't give you answers to everything i guess.

This was beautiful...and sad.....but yeah,beautiful.
There really isn't any other anime like this.

bye
Jan 14, 2017 10:29 AM

Apr 2016
thank you artland for this show . goodbye ginko . it been a beautiful ride watching this anime . mushishi will always have a special place in my heart . now i feeling empty inside . 10/10 series . will rewatch again at some point . :(
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 15, 2017 6:16 PM

Feb 2016
With teary eyes I say good bye Ginko and thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who made this beautiful anime possible.
Mar 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Apr 2016
I'm speechless after watching this final Mushishi arc. A great conclusion to the series (is it really the end?). The art and sound remains sublime as usual, i really love the background in this one. The pacing is a little bit slow for the first half, but the 2nd one pretty much make up for it. The plot twist was somewhat predicatble (i guess it's the same to you after watching the previous season), but still i was little bit stunned by Kaya's decision, the execution is really good in that part. The narrator's final line was really thought-invoking, "Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." Goodbye Mushishi, and have a nice trip Ginko. 8/10

May 17, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
I have to say I didn't like this one a whole lot. And I wasn't expecting any sort of ending of closure to the series so I knew what I was gonna get, I simply did not like this special nearly as much as the last two. It's kind of a dissapointing end to my favorite series but oh well.
Jun 28, 2017 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
Got a bit personal, but nothing drastic.
Aug 27, 2017 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
And now, 4 months after I started Mushishi, I reached the end of the series. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, glad that I finally got to watch it.

I'm sure I will end up coming back to this anime sooner or later, very enjoyable experience.
Feb 24, 2018 7:43 PM
Dec 2017
As usual, spectacular. I was hoping that the specials are related to Tanyuu and the Forbidden Mushi, and I was hoping that the ending would be a cure for it, with Tanyuu starting to walk. I checked the manga, and Belldrops was really the end. Thank you author and the studio. 10/10
Mar 18, 2018 11:03 AM
Jul 2015
Kaya is cute & adorable. Oh no, we will missed this anime, such a memorable feels.
Mar 23, 2018 3:48 PM

Jul 2017
Sad we want get anymore Mushishi from the manga and anime but this movie was awesome, I gotta rewatch this series later down the line.
Oct 7, 2018 6:28 AM

May 2013
Easily one of the most satisfying anime I've ever experienced from start to finish, wish if manga could get a continuation still some questions unresolved.

Oct 11, 2018 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
What a way to end a series, probably the best Slice of Life ever made magical and unique experience Mushishi now have a huge place in my soul.
Mar 21, 2019 5:13 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
really a beautiful experience.
I feel kinda sry for her that she could not live her life more

Jul 11, 2019 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
I guess that's the end of the series, I'm sad it's over. A human as a Mountain Lord, I guess that never happens. For a second I thought Ginko will die, it was rather close, he was ready to sacrifice himself to save her.
Jul 14, 2019 11:49 AM

Sep 2017
I love the visuals and short history, i feel sad for the end and well goo bye Ginko!!!...
It was a pleasure to follow the adventures of this character, I hope to see him again soon.
Oct 12, 2019 6:49 PM

Sep 2017
This was the closest thing to Mushishi fan-service imaginable. Just everything the show does right, bundled up in a nice 40 minute package. I like these 40-minute episodes more because it gives them more time to pace out the story. It was really prevalent last time and it is really prevalent here, with the above average (relative to other episodes) story. It feels so melancholic to actually have to acknowledge that Mushishi is over. It certainly had its ups and downs, but at the end of the day this entire journey is unlike anything I have or will experience in the medium. 8/10.

Mar 17, 2020 9:20 PM

May 2013
Loved itttttttt. Very happy with how this came out. I like Kaya's character. I'm glad she had a taste of human life, even though it was v fleeting ;~; wish she was spared, but it was quite bittersweet. Gin is so kind <3 He was prepared to take her place TT^TT but so many other ppl will need him in the future.

10/10
Amazing.
May 17, 2020 8:25 AM

Jan 2014
Bentob0x said:
I was pleased by Ginko's determination in this final episode. I don't think Ginko would have been as steadfast in his defense of his fellow humans at the start of the show, instead remaining passively neutral. It's a small bit of character development that I'd like to think was borne of his travels with the viewers. Mushishi has come full circle, a proper conclusion for a series such as this.

I noticed that too! It made me happy, to see this side of him. I'm so sad Mushishi is over, I could always rely on it to calm me down after a stressful day. I am definitely going to have to rewatch it sometime in the future. 10/10 as always (currently listening to the Mushishi sountrack T.T)
May 28, 2020 10:48 PM

Dec 2019
Welp, as soon as i started the show i knew this would be the ending but i can't complain as long as Ginko escaped death, as for the special well, that wasn't the best nor the worst so ig it's a solid 7/10
                                                         🖤   

Jun 11, 2020 8:37 PM

Aug 2019
now that was an amazing movie, there was so many emotions portrayed and got super intense.
overall the movie did a great job at showing that theres nothing wrong with being "human" you could say. Human's are quite unique and different from the rest of the animal kingdom, that in itself has its positives and negatives. This movie in some way portrayed both points, Kaya's fate was to always be the mountain lord it was chosen by the law of nature itself however her human attributes of a family and feeling those emotions were like a massive wrench to a machine. The mountain literally went into chaos and almost died because she remembered her family and the warmth a family could give. The mountain couldn't fundamentally work properly without her so in retrospect her choosing to leave the mountain for her family would be said as "selfish" to the omnipotent force that is the "law of nature".
However, we also see a different side, a side that dosen't oppose the "law" itself but really just asks it a question and shows why humans are so much more different from the rest of the animal kingdom. She says it herself "Lords are made to obey" i think i can comfortably speak for the majority of humans here, that there is nothing fun about being forced into a job that makes you a living tool that literally puts your life on the line, without your consent. Here's were i guess you can say the human part comes in, Kaya after being brought back home and seeing her family once again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that from our perspective and this is what the "law of nature" dosen't like, that we aren't obedient like the deer or birds and that in itself makes us a harder specials to control.
Just a little thought thats all, lmao i guess to sum what i said up its ok to be "you" in some sense and theres nothing wrong with it.
Feb 3, 2021 4:44 AM

Oct 2014
I absolutely adored this series. I would have loved to see something more develop with Tanyuu or Isaza's story lines but I didn't really expect it. Every single episode was as good as any stand alone anime film. Even my favourites like kono sekai no katasumi ni. The music, animation, voice acting, storyboards, characters (especially Ginko) were all worked together perfectly to create something amazing. Whether the episodes were driven by mystery or melancholy they were all handled perfectly. Would love to find another series like this although the only anime that comes to mind which gave me similar vibes is Haibane Renmei.

8/10 for this OVA alone but the series will probably be one of my top 5 for a long time now!
Feb 5, 2021 1:13 AM

Aug 2018
This is where the amazing and beautiful journey ends, its been a real delight following Ginko and his journeys around the mountains. It took me more than half a year to get from Mushishi to this finale, but I'm glad I didn't hurried and took my time to actually enjoy the journey.

The finale was very beautiful and understandable, we were finaly shown who these mountain lords are and why they are so important in the series. The story about the girl who Ginko tries to save is a sad one, I'm very respectfull of Ginko desire to sacrifice himself the Mushi banquet . I really wish it did happen then it would've been understandable why this is called the end of journeys. Despite that its a very well crafted finale perfectly fitting the series overall atmosphere and tone. I really can't give it a 10 because of missing thrill and some unique suprise or conclusion that other great finales out there tend to have.

However I can say that only a few anime ever come close to this shows poetic beauty, atmosphere and setting. I will really miss it
Feb 14, 2021 12:34 PM

Mar 2018
A beautiful series with captivating messages and emotions. Quite rarely are there shows that can connect with it's viewer on as many levels and with as much consistency that this has achieved.

Grateful to have experienced such a show and thankful to those who helped bring it to life.
Apr 2, 2021 12:18 AM
Apr 2020
So that was the end of Mushishi.

I'm expecting for an actual complete ending of the series though. It was the one that made me watch it till the end but oh well. Overall really great series. Had some mixed emotion here and there because of some arcs' deprsssing conclusion. Artland made a good job in all aspects adapting all arcs in the manga. Ginko trully is one of the great MCs that I've ever known. 8/10 fot this season and as a whole anime.
May 21, 2021 2:58 PM

Jan 2020
Honestly I wanted this movie to focus more on Ginko but oh well.....

I should've expected this kind of ending since this is an episodic type of anime...

Guess the author is just tired already...

With that said, farewell Ginko.....these past 2 months journey have been fun...

Aug 2, 2021 12:51 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent movie and the perfect way to end the long journey.

9/10
Jan 24, 2022 7:18 PM

Feb 2013
Jesus, I was about to break 2 times during these parts.. The ringing of the 2nd bells was just so beautiful. ;v;
✈️
Feb 10, 2022 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
I was hoping for more of an actual conclusion but I would be lying if I said this wasn't a wonderful episode and a beautiful note to end on.
Still, it is a shame the forbidden mushi never got to return. Back when that concept was introduced I was certain the finale would somehow include it.
OωO
Feb 20, 2022 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
After binge-watching the whole series, I can tell it's getting pretty boring and stale. The world never gets deeper, and Ginko just has all the answers for every Mushi he discovers. Might have been a good series to watch 1 episode per week but doesn't really hold up the series passing time gatekeeper.
Feb 21, 2022 3:44 AM
Mar 2020
And legend has it that Ginko still travels the lands
Oct 25, 2022 12:27 PM

Dec 2018
no forbidden mushi makes me incredibly upset.
Oct 27, 2022 1:33 PM
Jun 2020
tingy said:
Mushishi is special because it doesn't always make me cry at the death of character, but sometimes, unknowingly, tears drop down at the beauty in certain scenes

This^. I've been thinking for a while about how to put this feeling into wordings, but I'm glad I came across this post that describes it perfectly. I'm going to miss this series, it was like I was on a rollercoaster of Joyful, tragic, appreciation, emotional, and many different kinds of feelings I don't know if there's a show out there that has captured them in harmony which is extremely rare to find in anime or probably in many other tv shows.
DuesVult344Jan 18, 2023 5:08 AM
Jan 23, 2023 10:33 AM
Feb 2019
a little late but better than never watch this show
Jan 27, 2023 11:16 PM
Jul 2021
I am very, very disappointed at how Mushshi decided to go out, it went out with a whimper, instead of a bang! 

What a lethargic, weak, feeble episode.

Such a wasted potential, ending in such a mediocre note. Instead on focusing the action on Ginko, maybe explore a bit he's past/future. No, no, let's just make feeble strong wahmen straw men argument and wrapped it up, with a nice big bow and everything, on some self deletion b.s because reasons.

I am a Independent strong wahmen/girly little thing so hear me roar.

Good bye Ginko, stay bye, don't come back in 12/15 years, like you did last time.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 6, 2023 6:36 PM
Jun 2021
That was an amazing, so my journey of watching Mushishi is now done and it was a great one. I’m pleased with the final arc

Goodbye Ginko
Mar 31, 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
And that concludes the end of the Mushishi series. It definitely secured a spot among my most appreciated titles of all time!

The movie was great, exactly what I was expecting to watch as the last arc of the series. The mountain lord being a human was extremely intriguing, and the mushi banquet scene sent shivers down my spine. I also loved the "Rule of Life" theme which played a significant role in the story.

I'm gonna miss this series, but I'm going to rewatch it in the future that's for sure.
May 1, 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Kaya is back in the village for like one day and the mountain is all acting up... the mountain is such a drama queen, cheez^^

Jokes aside, I enjoyed the episode. Liked the dichotomy of either staying with your family or doing your duty and not letting harm fall upon your surroundings.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this the last of the anime?

AnnaSartin - Dec 28, 2016

2 by Sephir7 »»
Jul 23, 2022 4:18 AM

» Ginko´s Appearance

Pakumen- - Oct 1, 2019

1 by AntiMoba »»
Jul 12, 2020 6:21 AM

» Is this a separate story from Seasons?

ExTemplar - Sep 16, 2015

1 by Seyfert »»
Sep 22, 2015 2:21 PM

» Would it really only be available this November? (Unconfirmed)

Seyfert - Jun 13, 2015

16 by Daddy-O »»
Aug 17, 2015 12:44 PM

» How long is this film?

Kuandohan - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Kuandohan »»
Jul 11, 2015 9:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.