Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 11:46 AM

Feb 2011
This is not some kind of university project or anything like that, I'm simply curious what people on MAL play.

So, have you ever played gacha games? If yes — please share your experience below. Preferably name your favorite character per each game.

Love Live! School Idol Festival
The first one I've played, even long before I discovered the term "gacha". My favorite LL idol is Umi.

THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors
Started playing this soon after its release. Shinymas doesn't have a very engaging gameplay, but its artwork is gorgeous and the game itself is a high quality visual novel with nicely written stories related to each idol/unit and their relationships with each other and/or producer.
Initially I got interested in it because I liked Sakuya's design, but Chiyuki ended up being my favorite character ever since I encountered her. I think she's the best looking idol as well as what you'd consider the most "waifu material" in the whole im@s series.

THE iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage & THE iDOLM@STER Million Live! Theater Days
I consider both games to be interchangeable (although MLTD is slightly better in pretty much every aspect due to it being a newer game), the main difference between the two is the character roster: the first one features idols from original im@s series (but greatly expanded), whereas the characters from the second one come from Cinderella Girls series. Both CGSS and MLTD are amazing rhythm games — challenging and satisfying, choreography is splendid and the songs are of superb quality, I listen to them even outside the game. My favorite CGSS character is Minami (I first got interested in im@s because of her) and favorite MLTD character is Chihaya (in my opinion she is the best idol singer ever).

Goddess of Victory: Nikke
Got in a month or two after its initial release and have been playing semi-active since. I don't find its gameplay very engaging, but the girls are very pretty and the main story is somewhat better compared to the average gacha. My favorite character is Diesel.

Granblue Fantasy
My first "serious" gacha and the one I committed the most hours to. Started playing because I was a fan of Shadowverse (another game I sunk a lot of time into) and my favorite card from there (Olivia) was also in GBF. Needless to say, she is still my favorite character. In terms of gameplay and overall progression GBF is probably the best gacha out there, but I don't see much point for newcomers to dive into it given its age.

Fate/Grand Order
I love Fate/Zero and like Fate/stay night visual novel, but I wasn't interested in trying FGO until I saw Tomoe. She became the main reason I decided to try the game and it ended up being better than I initially expected.

HoYoverse
Essentially this: HI3 > Genshin > HSR.
I don't remember when I started playing HI3, but dived into Genshin and HSR on their release days only to drop some time afterwards. Came back to both recently. Really love HI3, but in my opinion it is too time consuming for a gacha. As for my favorite characters, for HI3 it's Theresa (her Crimson Vow version to be more precise, but others are cute too), for Genshin it's Raiden and for HSR it's Kafka.

Epic Seven
- Stunning units — I wish HoYo's characters looked like that;
- Interesting and challenging gameplay (both pve and pvp — in my opinion most modern gacha severely lack in the latter aspect);
- First part of the story is quite good.
- Gets very stale at some point.
Favorite character is Luna, she's the one I started playing this game for.

Azur Lane
Got interested in this long before its global release thanks to tons of fanart of Atago I saw on Pixiv. I was really stunned by her beauty and patiently waited for the game to come global. Many years later I can say that's it's an amazing collector game, but gameplay-wise it's one of the worst out there. All my oathed shipgirls can be seen here.

Girls' Frontline
Azur Lane but with guns instead of ships. Has better story, but not as great artwork. Played it much less. My favorite character here is AK-12.

KanColle
In terms of gameplay this is THE best game with gacha mechanics I've ever seen. There's real pleasure and sense of achievement in clearing content in this game, it is challenging and fun, even if a bit time-consuming. It's like playing something like Sekiro. I still feel a bit salty because I had to drop it due to devs starting banning gaijin IPs. My favorite kanmusu is easily Yamato. Probably the most beautiful character in all gacha I've seen.

Brave Nine/Brown Dust
Underrated gem. Great character art and surprisingly good story. Gameplay used to be challenging, but I heard devs nerfed the difficulty of the main story since I last played it. My favorite Brave Nine character is Valze.

To see my top-5 favorites per each game you can check out my MAL blog.

There are many others I've played, e.g. Priconne, Arknights, World Witches United Front, Toaru Majutsu no Index: Imaginary Fest, but I didn't stay for long, so there's not much point in mentioning them. I'm also playing Blue Archive, but haven't decided on my favorite characters yet.
ShizunaApr 11, 12:24 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 12:15 PM

Jan 2017
Only played the basic ones and tried a few others, but here:

Genshin Impact: played a bit on release but dropped it quite early on, then I picked it up again last year. My favorite character is Hu Tao.

Star Rail: been playing since release, it's pretty fun, although I didn't like the latest update. Favorite character is Silver Wolf.

Reverse: 1999: the only non-Hoyo gacha I regularly play, and my favorite character is An-an Lee. It has a really cool story and setting, would recommend everyone to give it a try.

There's quite a few others I played, but I either don't remember my favorite or haven't played enough to form an opinion. What I tried are: Azur Lane, Girls Frontline, Arknights, Nikke, Blue Archive, Priconne. Eventually, I'm planning to pick up all of these again. I also played Tower of Fantasy, but that I'm never gonna get into, its story is so bad that I wanted to do self-harm while playing it. Also there's the Fullmetal Alchemist gacha I played for a day.

I also just started playing Punishing Gray Raven today, to prepare for the Wuthering Waves release I'm looking forward to. I don't have a strong opinion yet, but it's quite fun. Though it's a bit annoying, because I prefer to play in Japanese, and for some reason, the global launcher doesn't have any language options besides English, and I didn't find a windows option on the JPN site, only app store and google play (or I'm blind?), so I had to use other means to get it to work.

I'm not the biggest gacha gamer but they're easy to play while I'm at work and the girls are cute.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 11, 12:37 PM

Feb 2011
@Kenrin I remember trying Tower of Fantasy on two occasions. First time was at its release, I simply didn't like it and uninstalled it. Then, after awhile they've released a character whose design really intrigued me — Lin.

So I've installed this game again and tried rerolling my account countless times only to get nothing in the end. Needless to say, my second time with this game ended with the same result as the first one.

Azur Promilia seems like a nice upcoming game from Azur Lane devs, maybe it'll interest you (if you haven't heard of it already). There's also GFL 2 which should be released this year (I hope).
Apr 11, 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to Shizuna
@Kenrin I remember trying Tower of Fantasy on two occasions. First time was at its release, I simply didn't like it and uninstalled it. Then, after awhile they've released a character whose design really intrigued me — Lin.

So I've installed this game again and tried rerolling my account countless times only to get nothing in the end. Needless to say, my second time with this game ended with the same result as the first one.

Azur Promilia seems like a nice upcoming game from Azur Lane devs, maybe it'll interest you (if you haven't heard of it already). There's also GFL 2 which should be released this year (I hope).
@Shizuna I also tried Tower of Fantasy twice. First, when the 2.0 update released, and again just a while ago because of the Evangelion collab they had. I couldn't get Asuka and decided to not suffer more. I seldom drop games, usually just put them on hold, but ToF is among those rare ones I'm not planning to play again.

Oh Azur Promilia looks nice! Will definitely keep an eye on it. And yeah, there's just so many cool upcoming games, besides things like GFL2, Arknights Enfield, there's gonna be ZZZ, Duet Night Abyss, Project Mugen etc., that I kind of lost interest in playing "actual" games and prefer to just stick to these.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 11, 2:55 PM

Dec 2015
Yes I played a couple of them for short-long time.

Gacha world [joke] - Appstore or something on phone, maxed out as it was pretty fun.

Azur Lane - Played in Highschool, I've got some S ships, I no longer remember what I have as I haven't played for few years it was fun game to play.

Girls Frontline - Played too little to say too much.

Arknights - Played too little to say too much.

Fire Emlbem - Played quite a bit and I remember it as a decet game.

HI3 - Played little, it is ok.

Genshin Impact - Played when it came out, cleared all the content which was available back than and it is boring.

Honkai Star Rail - Started 2 weeks after launch, I still play till today, so far it is the best gacha game out of all of them.

Snowbreak - It is quite good, although right now I am not playing as I am no longer interested in doing daily/new patch content.

Nikke - It is ok for short time fun, nothing more.

Bleach Brave Souls - Had some fun, it is quite fun and it is on Steam aswell as Snowbreak, it did bring me some enjoyment during Covid

Black Clover M - It is mundane and boring, after a day or two of playing I lost any interest in this game.

Tower Fantasy - It is just a "different Genshin", had little fun for couple days and I lost interest.

AFK Arena - Played when it was new, returned and played a little bit when there was a Re-zero colab, checked lastly and so far it is a good game but it ain't keeping me to be active.

Destiny Child - Few minutes was enough to tell how boring it is.

SAO Memory Defrag - It was one of my first gacha games, I've spent my whole highschool on this and Azur Lane.

King God Castle - It is not listed as gacha but has some systems like that, I think that's the only tower/invasion defence game out here, I've had quite a big of fun playing it.

Any other Gacha Games I haven't played or I don't remember playing it.
From the incoming one I will most likely try ZZZ, Wuthering Waves, Girls Frontline Exilium, Arknights Endfield, Duet Night Abyss, Bleach Soul Resonance, Project Mugen, Project Star and probably anything which will be advertised or shown on youtube I will most likely try it as long as it is FTP.

Every single game listed here, including the upcoming ones I play as a Free to play player, I don't put any money into it

I am only active up to this day with Honkai Star Rail and here's my stats for it:
Main Squad [According to relic scorer grades from D to OP]-
Kafka SS [614# worldwide in Relic Scorer, below screenshot] - LVL 80, Eidolon 1, Fernata LC V 80 lvl, 3.5k HP, 3.5 ATK, Def 815, 150 SPD, Crit R 20%, Crit DMG 86% BE 70%, EHR 30%
Black Swan S - LVL 80, EotP II LC lvl 70, 2.7k HP, 3k ATK, def 1k, 132 SPD, 11% crit rate, 91% crit dmg, BE 61%, EHR 127%
Jingliu S - lvl 80, Otfoaa V 80 lvl, 3.7k hp, 2.9k atk, 1k def, 113 spd, 75,5% crit rate, 152.7% crit dmg,
HouHou A - lvl 80, hoh V lvl 80, 8.3k hp, 1.5k atk, 1k def, 144 spd, 23.4% crit rate, 61.6% crit dmg,

Other characters, which I am gonna to get them into A-SS+ stats later:
Ruan Mei SS - lvl 80, motp V lvl 80, 4.2k hp, 1.5k atk, 2.2k def, 142 spd,
Seele B - lvl 80, citss I lvl 80, 3.1k hp, 3.2k atk, 1.1k def, 146 spd, 30.5% crit rate, 86.9% crit dmg
Bronya B - lvl 80, btbio I lvl 40 [Bronya's LC], 1.4k atk, 924 def, 103 spd,
Himeko B - lvl 80, Tiapd I lvl 80, 2.9k hp, 3.7k atk, 1k def, 103 spd, 23.4% crit rate, 68.1% crit dmg
Welt C - lvl 80, it's showtime V lvl 30, 3.3k hp, 1.8k atk, 708 def, 108 spd, 21.8% crit rate, 50% crit dmg
Clara C - lvl 80, tmwy V lvl 70, 3k hp, 2.7k atk, 1.2k def, 103 spd, 62.5% crit rate, 50% crit dmg
Bailu N/A - lvl 80, qpq I lvl 50, 5.9k hp, 1.2k atk, 1k def, 100 spd,
Dr. Ratio N/A - lvl 80, sltd I lvl 60 [Yanqing's LC], 3k hp, 2.3k atk, 1.1k def, 128 spd, 17.3% crit rate, 144.8 crit dmg
Yanqing N/A - lvl 80, Eidolon 2, rfis III lvl 70, 2.9k hp, 2.7k atk, 1.1k def, 113 spd, 10.1 crit rate, 100 crit dmg
Gepard N/A - lvl 60, N/A LC, - not build yet.

And here's how unlucky I am with Pulling, I am currently at 59 pity I hope I'll grind enough jades to get Acheron as I lost my usual 50/50 and got Welt:
ZettaikenApr 11, 3:09 PM
Apr 11, 6:53 PM

Apr 2015
Play(ed)Genshin:
>Hu Tao is my favorite but here's my gripes with it:

-All female characters for the past two years being forced into support roles and weak attack stats so you can never play them as DPS (until Navia/Arle, even then, the rest of the female characters in 4.0 patches were all support yet again, and 2 near useless if you like female characters since there are no female character that work with their roles, Chiori and Xianyun)

-Absurd grind, can't even play the character you get instantly due to all the stuff needed to level them. (regional materials, books, boss mats)

-Certain characters get way more screentime then they deserve and the devs very clearly have favorites (idiotic Itto and Kazuha in nearly every event, yet other character get little to no events focusing on them, other Inazuma character may as well not exist anymore due to them being spammed)

-Piss poor "rewards", they can't even bother to give a free standard character after 3 years.

>Ok things about the game: Good exploration and world design. I'll come back to it when it get's me interested again, which is hard at this point.
TropischApr 11, 7:46 PM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Jan 2023
I'm not too familiar with gacha games besides the known ones. I've only played the basics too.

Genshin Impact:
Played early on due to an old friend but quit a few months after due to lack of content at the time and the stupidly painful grind.

Honkai Star Rail:
Played a month after release but quit after halfway into the Luofu storyline because of the lack of content at the time, than returned recently in time for Sparkle (I SHOULDVE PULLED HER) and Acheron. Got E2S1 Acheron three days after her release.

My account isn't that impressive but here's my stuff for Acheron as a F2P player.

@Zettaiken I envy you as a fellow F2P player T_T

Apr 11, 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Epic Seven is the only gacha I'm playing right now. I've played or tried a multitude of different of gachas and always end up just focusing on E7.

One of the only games I've played where a player can get pretty much every new base element (RGB) unit by just playing regularly, not because the game gives them for free but because just playing regularly earns you enough currency to get them unlike every other game where you have to save 3+ months for a single pity after skipping on multiple banners. Moonlight (dark/light) units are the only ones where you need to manage your currency. In E7, you only need 1 copy of a unit to be usable even at end game, nothing like skills being locked behind dupes. However, E7 is all about gear farming and late game is mostly PvP (real time) oriented. Both can be a turn off for some. Bonus points for not using chibi models for battle.

Other notable games I've tried/played:
-Genshin - Played on release week. Dropped on release week.
-Star Rail - Played on release week. Played til Kafka released. Pulled Kafka, literally didn't even use her and uninstalled. If the game had PvP I might have bothered to stay, couldn't care less about the story and PvE content.
-Counterside - Played on NA release week. Dropped about a month in. Really liked the battle sprites but PvP wise, you couldn't keep up unless you whaled.
-Fate/Grand Order - Already skeptical since it was a 3~4 year old game at the time I first tried it. Tried for about a week, hated the battle system and battle model sprites.
-Azur Lane - Played for about a year. Was fun but one of the many games where they have a endless useless units that littered your roster and I think they introduced a new higher rarity. I might be wrong, been a while. Dropped cause content got boring.
-Nikke - Played on NA release. Dropped on release week. Didn't like the battle system. The ass jiggling alone wasn't enough to entertain me.
-Blue Archive - Played on NA release. Dropped on release week. Don't remember why I dropped it, might of been the gacha. A bit too much lolis.
-Arknights - Played on NA release. Played for a few months but eventually dropped it. Wasn't a fan of the in-game battle sprites and content got overall boring.
-PriConne - RIP game. Played on NA release. Played for a few months. Joined a competitive guild and it was not a fun time for what it was worth. No way to keep up unless you whaled. Also wasn't a big fan of the battle sprites.

Now that I think about it, a lot of these games I probably dropped early because rerolling was a terrible experience. A lot of others games but I'm not going to bother trying to look them all up.
PaulApr 11, 8:15 PM
Apr 11, 9:43 PM

Oct 2016
Bungou Stray Dogs: Tales of the Lost: I love BSD so, naturally, this app caught my attention. I log in every now and then. It's been a while though. The battles are kinda fun, but pretty repetitive, so it gets boring after a while.
- Favorite character: Ranpo
- Favorite cards/scouts: Ranpo Edogawa Aquarium (SSR+), Osamu Dazai Thief (SSR+), Ryunosuke Akutagawa Tenma Tengai (EX)
- Next target: None.

Fate/Grand Order: One of my three most active apps. I rarely miss to log in (for the daily log-in gift). About to start Lostbelt 4.
- Favorite servant: King Arthur (Saber). Yes, Arthur. Not Artoria.
- First 5-star servant: Karna (Lancer)
- Latest 5-star servant: Gilgamesh (Archer)
- Next target: Charlemagne (Saber)

Genshin Impact: I've been playing since May 2021. Was rarely playing at first, but eventually started playing "for real" in September the same year.
- Favorite character: My favorite character since day 1 has always been Diluc. In fact, he's the reason why I started playing the game in the first place.
- First 5-star: Arataki Itto
- Latest 5-star: Neuvillette
- Next target: Wriothesley and Navia

Honkai Star Rail: I was playing "seriously" when it first came out. But after the boss battle in the Xianzhou Luofu chapter, I log in only every once in a while.
- Favorite character: I'm not really sure. There are characters I like, but my favorite? Maybe Dan Heng? If NPC are included, I love Peppy.
- First 5-star: Jing Yuan
- Recent 5-star: Excluding Dr. Ratio (because he was a free unit), Argenti
- Next target: Adventurine

Obey Me: Rarely log in anymore. Maybe once a month, if even that. I couldn't be bothered to farm more materials.
- Favorite character: Levi
- First UR: Belphie in Wonderland (Belphegor, UR) Unintentionally
- Latest UR: Uncontrollable Feelings (Barbatos, UR+) Also unintentionally

Pokémon Masters EX: Relatively active on the app. I just log in and do daily missions though.
- Favorite character: Character or sync pair? For character, it's probably N. As for my favorite sync pair, I'd say Sygna Suit Red and Neo Champion Bede. Red tears down everything.
- First 5-star: Plumeria unintentionally
- Latest 5-star: Volo

Twisted Wonderland. Started playing April 8 2023, and haven't missed a single day. I like rhythm games + I'm fully invested in the story and its characters except Jade and Sebek.
- Favorite character: Riddle
- First SSR: Riddle Dorm Uniform
- Latest SSR: Floyd Basketball Jersey I wanted Jamil
- Next target: Lilia Right General Armor, Silver Halloween, Jamil Birthday Boy because the game refuses to give me his Basketball Jersey

Used to play:
- Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery. Quitting wasn't exactly my choice. The app shut down.
- Tower of Fantasy: Was playing the game for a while. Haven't played in months. Don't know if I'll ever log in again.
- Uta no Prince-sama Shining Live: The app shut down. Or, well, the English server shut down. The Japanese server is still up, I think.
YudeseiApr 11, 10:07 PM
Apr 11, 11:43 PM

Sep 2008
I played kancolle for years, but I didn't feel it was worth the time invested.
I started playing because I couldn't believe how fucking shit the anime was. turns out it was a really bad tutorial.
anyway...
the difficulty curve was just rising, even when I got better equipment. there was just more bullshit involved with each event, just to make it more tedious.
it sucked the fun out of it.
it didn't help that big tits and interesting designs started at heavy cruisers, anything under was just fodder. and there are about 10x more destroyers than anything else.
plus abyssals weren't recruitable. they were way more interesting and hot. seaport hime is my waifu. I ringed kaga btw, she's a good wife. kashima is probably my favorite design.
I stopped playing when they implemented the american carrier that looked like fubuki. it was just not worth the effort.
that's where the merchandising stopped, and it fell out of public consciousness too. I spent 30 bucks ingame, and bought a lot of figures.
I wish they made tenryuu k2, unryuu, murakumo k2... a few more. I feel the cool boats never got a figma, or attention in the anime.
when they revealed the arcade game, I felt downright cheated. tanaka is an asshat for mismanaging kancolle on every. single. level.
it burned me so bad overall, that I downright refused to play any gatcha since.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 12, 12:47 AM

Jun 2020
AFK Arena- I played it for a good 3-5 months before there came an event to swap gear and I accidently fucked my account up. Deleted it and honestly I'm glad to not be addicted anymore. Fav unit was Isabella even though she wasn't meta, just reminded me so much of Bernkastel

Pokemon Masters EX- I love pokemon so I got this game, the story was kind of interesting but I mainly enjoyed it because I found it easy to save up gems and splurge them to get a guaranteed character/pokemon I loved whenever they came out. My favorite unit was Neo Champion Marnie because she was in a cute dress and her moltres was badass and really good in battle. Outside of battles, I was trying my best to romance Elesa in the lodge. I also liked the Irida unit but then also deleted the game around the same time I got rid of AFK Arena, because I realized how addicted I was to these gacha games

Apr 12, 7:09 AM

Jun 2016
I played Uta Macross a lot because I'm a fan of the franchise. Then it died.
I played some Granblue Fantasy and Genshin but I gave up very quickly. They weren't all that fun to play which in turn didn't make me want to buy boxes.
I discovered that I'm not into these games even though playing them is the "weeb" thing to do. I may sound elitist but I prefer real games.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 12, 9:10 AM
Nov 2019
Played a few of them over the years. In most of them, I tend to look more for the gameplay/action aspects over personality, appearance etc.

Naruto blazing- My first major gacha. Played it long back (2015 or 2016 don't remember a lot) for a couple of months. Was enjoyable for some time but powercreep and PvP addition ruined a lot of its charm.

Favourite character would be EOS Sasuke or Madara (honestly don't remmber)

One piece treasure cruise- Played it for around a year or so. Was pretty addicted to it for a while but not getting my favourite rare ones through gacha, stale content and the powercreeping Pvp made me slowly lose interest. The infamous 'Gem valley' incident around New Year made me give up the game for good.

Favourite character- Kaido

Genshin- Started it somewhere in its initial patches ( 1.2 in December) and have been playing it on and off so far. Well it comes as close as possible to what I would like of a gacha (open world, balanced characters, pity system) but Hoyo is too stingy on gems and story is a hit or miss with so many characters neglected (where is Sara or Kaveh??)

Favourite(s) - Ayaka, though Alhaitham and Furina have juggled with that position a lot

Honkai star rail- Played it in its initial month. Found the characters cool but the gameplay is just too repetitive and monotonous for my taste. I was sensing powercreep from the beginning itself with those shield bars and annoying mechanics, so gave up.

Favourite- I would say Kafka but didn't get to play till her banner

Honkai impact- Dropped in 2 days. The gameplay wasn't too my liking.

Apr 14, 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
No offense. But I am not a big fan of Gacha games.
Apr 14, 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
I play Reverse1999, and the discord is ass.

Honestly dont know if DreamWidow is inbed with the mods or something, but they've won most of the real money giveaways for halfassed responses.

I dont even know why I try anymore and am on the verge of quitting from the community alone.
Apr 14, 7:54 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to DGemu

Honestly dont know if DreamWidow is inbed with the mods or something, but they've won most of the real money giveaways for halfassed responses.

I dont even know why I try anymore and am on the verge of quitting from the community alone.
@DGemu Still not as garbage as any Mihoyo game "fanbase" lol. I remember some winning art competitions tracing other people's work or using AI.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 15, 4:39 PM

Oct 2022
There was a time where I played a lot of Gatcha, started Nikke and Star Rail, but have to abandon most of them because I didnt had enough time.

Im currently playing:

- Girls Frontline: log everyday and want to finish the story. The story is amazing but it takes time to get to a good part, the early game is really bad... but I guess thats part of being one of the oldest Gatcha games. There are many favorite characters, so I will list some: AN-94, UMP45, UMP9, SOPPO, AR-15, CR-21, NTW, M500... I even feel bad for leaving some out

- Blue Archive: once I got more free time I want to start reading the story, but I mostly log everyday and do my dailies. Story wise Im very early, but Im at level 55. Favorite character: Shiroko ofc, but there are many! The story is neat and the character design and phasing is really good

- Fate GO: Every now and then, so i cant say I have a favorite character yet.

Games that I had to abandon / my personal characters of that game are: Project Neural Cloud / Sol, Arknights / Nearl, Nikke / Laplace, Star Rail / March.
Apr 15, 6:34 PM

Dec 2020
I play FGO and Nikke. I wanna try out blue archive but picking up another gacha game is like getting a new part time job.
I also play genshin and honkai but I rarely log in to those games, they just get boring pretty quickly for me.

Apr 15, 10:27 PM

May 2016
Reply to Kenrin
Only played the basic ones and tried a few others, but here:

Genshin Impact: played a bit on release but dropped it quite early on, then I picked it up again last year. My favorite character is Hu Tao.

Star Rail: been playing since release, it's pretty fun, although I didn't like the latest update. Favorite character is Silver Wolf.

Reverse: 1999: the only non-Hoyo gacha I regularly play, and my favorite character is An-an Lee. It has a really cool story and setting, would recommend everyone to give it a try.

There's quite a few others I played, but I either don't remember my favorite or haven't played enough to form an opinion. What I tried are: Azur Lane, Girls Frontline, Arknights, Nikke, Blue Archive, Priconne. Eventually, I'm planning to pick up all of these again. I also played Tower of Fantasy, but that I'm never gonna get into, its story is so bad that I wanted to do self-harm while playing it. Also there's the Fullmetal Alchemist gacha I played for a day.

I also just started playing Punishing Gray Raven today, to prepare for the Wuthering Waves release I'm looking forward to. I don't have a strong opinion yet, but it's quite fun. Though it's a bit annoying, because I prefer to play in Japanese, and for some reason, the global launcher doesn't have any language options besides English, and I didn't find a windows option on the JPN site, only app store and google play (or I'm blind?), so I had to use other means to get it to work.

I'm not the biggest gacha gamer but they're easy to play while I'm at work and the girls are cute.
@Kenrin i'm surprised you didn't like the latest update in star rail. For me personally it was so good. I enjoyed it. The story is really interesting. I haven't seen a single person who had mixed feelings about penacony. Maybe the characters but not the story itself.
Apr 16, 1:59 AM

May 2021
I played Nikke for quite a few months now. It is fun sometimes and Helm best nikke.

I tried Genshin, Azur Lane, and Fire Emblem Heroes but never really bothered with those 3 beyond like an hour total of playtime.
Echidna best waifu :D
Apr 16, 3:34 AM

Jun 2015
genshin affected me in terms of what I want in games nowadays which is funny cause it's still just a gacha game but it changed the entire industry and now everyone is trying to make something similar to it, I still play the game actively whenever there's a new update and complete stuff but besides that the hype isn't the same as it was early on which I hope will change by the time we hit snezhnaya or possibly even natlan

star rail has been my favorite game ever since it launched and haven't been that hyped for a game in years what it feels like so genuinely I have nothing bad to say other than it's an absolute masterpiece in terms of everything, most people weren't sure on the gameplay but personally for someone who's only played turn based once maybe?(SDS Grand Cross) it didn't bother me and I think it's very good regardless, penacony has been such a breath of fresh air and the story is as usual best in gaming but yeah love the game so much I have 3 accounts lmao

solo leveling arise is just a casual game for me sort of I've been having fun with it but I just login whenever I can to do shit, it's probably my least favorite out of the gachas I'm playing atm but since I'm waiting on wuthering waves it's just a good side game for me and also since it's netmarble I don't expect much to change but still fun if you like sung jinwoo and solo leveling
Apr 16, 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
Among those that I remember:
Genshin Impact
Honkai Star Rail
Alchemist Code
Fate Grand Order
Love Live: School Idol Festival
Bleach Brave Souls
Tales of the Rays
Granblue Fantasy
Azur Lane
Blue Archive
Project Sekai
Code Geass Lost Stories
Evertale
Priconne
Arknights
Girls X Battle 2
Twisted Wonderland

I enjoyed Tales of the Rays the most. Too bad it only lasted less than a year. Alchemist Code was the one I played the longest, so I have a soft spot for that. Gumi screwed the game over big time. Genshin Impact was the one I blew my wallet on. Loved how you had an open-world game on your phone (also the graphics), but it took a physicial toll on my phone (overheating and all).

Project Sekai and Love Live are nice. Like the songs.
Code Geass is a bit of a disappointment.
Apr 16, 9:53 AM

Feb 2017
Genshin - not really like it so drop after few days. (still hoping for azur promilia though because of develeper)
Outerplane - not really strategy turn based battle because it's just power based - not remember my fav char because i drop it after roll pity getting removed for free ticket.
Goddess of Genesis - really good turn-based strategy games because they can counter each other, characters also good. fav char Hestia.
Blue archive - Just try for few weeks.
Snowbreak - Too limited resources i guess, especially for roll.
Stella Fantasy - Not really like time limit here, at first it's a web3 game but turn into gacha and closed later. - fav char Not remember.
Eroica - this is just normal turn-based game unlike the name. good game but sadly it become AoE Speed power based PvP later on. Fav Chloe - White charol.
eversoul - Fast daily idle game and have many cute characters/clothes, story (main & dating) also good. Fav Beleth and Kana.
Nikke - Still playing because daily is fast, like the story too. Fav i guess dorothy especially the one with paid skin (angel/devil) dress.
Azur lane - Daily took too long, hope they will add skip function. Fav... not sure they all equally good.
Girls Creation - it's rare nowadays to have srpg, need more gameplay mode and unique tactical skill & enemies. fav char ラファエロ - pink haired boku girl
Magikami - Very good tactical turn-based battle system, each dress has unique effect and skills, part 1 & 2 main story is gore enough. Fav char Iroha
Luc36Apr 16, 9:57 AM
-
-
Apr 16, 7:35 PM

Apr 2019
i played few gachas, and currently i only play 2 which are gi and hsr.

genshin i started playing during 1.3, and i've been playing it ever since. but currently i only log in to do events, daily missions and sometimes when i feel like it i farm a little
  • first 5* : tartaglia
  • latest 5* : baizhu
honkai star rail i started playing since launch and still play today, i also only enter the game to do events, daily missions and farm sometimes.
  • first 5* : bronya
  • latest 5* : acheron
as far as i remember, i've played too : cookie run, tower of fantasy, nu carnival and twisted wonderland
CREDIT
pfp & sign. :@chirido_san on twt/x
Apr 17, 11:01 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to BitChilly
I'm not too familiar with gacha games besides the known ones. I've only played the basics too.

Genshin Impact:
Played early on due to an old friend but quit a few months after due to lack of content at the time and the stupidly painful grind.

Honkai Star Rail:
Played a month after release but quit after halfway into the Luofu storyline because of the lack of content at the time, than returned recently in time for Sparkle (I SHOULDVE PULLED HER) and Acheron. Got E2S1 Acheron three days after her release.

My account isn't that impressive but here's my stuff for Acheron as a F2P player.

@Zettaiken I envy you as a fellow F2P player T_T

Me when I lose the 50/50 to Welt than immediately get Aventurine next ten pull:

T_T
Apr 17, 11:58 AM

Feb 2011
@BitChilly are you going to pull for Firefly?
Apr 17, 12:00 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Shizuna
@BitChilly are you going to pull for Firefly?
@Shizuna I don’t really know yet, but I might pull for Robin for the sole reason of her ultimate.

But now I’m flat broke and can’t gamba anymore for Jingliu or Aventurine’s lightcone /-\
Apr 17, 1:07 PM

Feb 2011
@BitChilly M-m-m, can you name your top-10 HSR characters in the descending order?
Apr 17, 2:56 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Shizuna
@BitChilly M-m-m, can you name your top-10 HSR characters in the descending order?
@Shizuna Ehh? I can name favorites but in terms of build quality, only three (Acheron, Bronya, Pela) are actually built while five (Tingyun, Clara, Lynx, Aventurine, Jingliu *need to draw*) are in progress.

Top 10 favorites:
1. Acheron
2. Ruan Mei
3. Himeko
4. Bronya
5. Seele
6. Silver Wolf
7. Topaz
8. Tingyun
9. Jingliu
10. Guinaifen
Apr 17, 3:04 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to BitChilly
@Shizuna Ehh? I can name favorites but in terms of build quality, only three (Acheron, Bronya, Pela) are actually built while five (Tingyun, Clara, Lynx, Aventurine, Jingliu *need to draw*) are in progress.

Top 10 favorites:
1. Acheron
2. Ruan Mei
3. Himeko
4. Bronya
5. Seele
6. Silver Wolf
7. Topaz
8. Tingyun
9. Jingliu
10. Guinaifen
@BitChilly As far as I'm concerned, viability is irrelevant, so the most important factors are design, personality and role in the story.

Nice list regardless, I see you're not a fan of sausage.
Apr 17, 3:14 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Shizuna
@BitChilly As far as I'm concerned, viability is irrelevant, so the most important factors are design, personality and role in the story.

Nice list regardless, I see you're not a fan of sausage.
@Shizuna The only male character to interest me is Aventurine for his story in Penacony :P
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
@BitChilly For me it's:

1. Kafka
2. Tingyun
3. Himeko
4. Acheron
5. Firefly
6. March 7
7. Qingque
8. Yukong
9. Silver Wolf
10. Guinaifen

Unless I'm forgetting someone.
Apr 17, 3:40 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Shizuna
@BitChilly For me it's:

1. Kafka
2. Tingyun
3. Himeko
4. Acheron
5. Firefly
6. March 7
7. Qingque
8. Yukong
9. Silver Wolf
10. Guinaifen

Unless I'm forgetting someone.
@Shizuna Nice list, I only considered playable characters and not NPCs but Firefly at 5 is gud.

Also there was that one girl shown in a cutscene near the end of Penacony I think, hope we see more of her whoever she is.
Apr 18, 7:52 AM

Jan 2023
I started playing Genshin Impact since the day it was released. I played a lot, but it's been more than a year and a half since I gave it up. It becomes too monotonous. And on top of that I was lucky with the gacha, and I never put a dollar into the game.
The ones I used the most and were my favorites; Ganyu (the best), Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Ayaka and Eula.

I tried the HI3; It's a horrible game.

As soon as HSR came out I started playing it, I continued with my luck in the gacha, but it was extremely boring. It didn't even last a month.

I tried TOF when it was released. I got bored after three weeks.

And now I'm waiting for the Wuthering Waves. I hope it entertains me for a while like the GI at least.

I haven't tried the rest of the games you mentioned.
Apr 19, 4:39 AM

Feb 2011
@Zettaiken What's your opinion on Firefly?
Apr 19, 4:53 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Shizuna
@Zettaiken What's your opinion on Firefly?
@Shizuna At 2.0 I did enjoy the time spending and tho I was quite surprised with the final moments + the roof meeting and if i can keep one heart from breaking ost which is still playing in astral express on me, fire.

2.1 with reveal of her and jokes of SAM - Samantha, I have heard of those rumours but I've thought that it is straigth copium, I am positive with it, although I don't know if I will collect enough jades to pull for her x(.

Apr 19, 5:01 AM

Feb 2011
@Zettaiken As far as I know so far nothing about her is set in stone given the confusing nature of Penacony's story, so we'll just have to wait and see. Wonder if I'm going to regret pulling for Acheron, though. Loosing 50/50 and then getting to 81 pull on the second try really depleted my pulling power.
Apr 19, 7:29 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Shizuna
@Zettaiken As far as I know so far nothing about her is set in stone given the confusing nature of Penacony's story, so we'll just have to wait and see. Wonder if I'm going to regret pulling for Acheron, though. Loosing 50/50 and then getting to 81 pull on the second try really depleted my pulling power.
@Shizuna Same over here, I've seen Nihility emblem at first day of banner being happy just to find out that I've got Welt.
I got Acheron at around 80 pity, literally 1 hour before her banner was about to end x)
Apr 19, 7:43 AM

Feb 2011
Reply to Zettaiken
@Shizuna Same over here, I've seen Nihility emblem at first day of banner being happy just to find out that I've got Welt.
I got Acheron at around 80 pity, literally 1 hour before her banner was about to end x)
@Zettaiken Hard pity brothers.
Apr 19, 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
Oh, I play GBF too I guess. It's an alright game, but it'd be nice if weapons from the Omega 2 Raid's actually dropped. I've fought Grimnir roughly 40 times and I only got 3 harps and a lance. As for favorite characters, I guess Lich.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 19, 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Shizuna
@Zettaiken Hard pity brothers.
@Shizuna Only hard grinders can overcome hard pity, "skill issue" ain't in a way

Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
@Zettaiken Curse Welt and his Nihility kit, Pela is infinitely the superior choice for def shred alone.

(I’m still mad that I lost my Aventurine 50/50 to him than got Aventurine right after)
Apr 19, 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to BitChilly
@Zettaiken Curse Welt and his Nihility kit, Pela is infinitely the superior choice for def shred alone.

(I’m still mad that I lost my Aventurine 50/50 to him than got Aventurine right after)
@BitChilly oof, good luck in building the pity for 100% guaranteed.

I'll build my pity in Aventurine banner, if he goes easily, probably not, than I'll have a strong shield character as I ain't familiar with Gepard mechanics and how the hell he's supposed to be played.
Apr 19, 10:50 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Zettaiken
@BitChilly oof, good luck in building the pity for 100% guaranteed.

I'll build my pity in Aventurine banner, if he goes easily, probably not, than I'll have a strong shield character as I ain't familiar with Gepard mechanics and how the hell he's supposed to be played.
@Zettaiken I really hope I don’t ever need hard pity, I’ve been lucky enough as a F2P player to either get soft pity or extremely lucky early pulls.

I have pity for Jingliu and Aventurine’s LC right now so I really need to grind more jades to get them since I still don’t have a proper second team for MoC ~_~
Apr 19, 11:20 AM

Oct 2021
All games sorted from earliest to latest game I played:

Fate/Grand Order: I tried to play this before the COVID-19 pandemic happened, but it just wasn't for me. So I dropped it immediately afterward.

Tower of Fantasy: I tried to play this also, but it just wasn't for me. So I also dropped it immediately afterward.

Blue Archive: My very first gacha game that I got hooked into. I am still currently playing this. One of only two games that I spent money into.

Honkai: Star Rail: My first Hoyoverse game. Played it during v1.0. I also got hooked on it and am still currently playing this. One of only two games that I spent money into.

Eversoul: Got hooked into this but dropped it after 3 months in 2023.

Genshin Impact: Forced by my sibling to play this. Played it only twice in mid-2023, then returned to play in early 2024 and still currently playing. Not as hooked into as Star Rail.

Honkai Impact 3rd: My latest gacha game. Only playing this for the Honkai references. Also not as hooked into as Star Rail. Once I am done with Parts 1 and 1.5, I will most likely drop this.

Apr 19, 11:46 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to DGemu

Nothing you can do about a guy who uses the same pfp, and is pseudo intelligent/terminally online.

Might as well quit for the better. Games are to be enjoyed afterall. If a community is ruining your enjoyment of the game and you cant just ignore it (pretty much all gacha games), ask yourself why you playing in the first place.
Keep scrolling
Apr 19, 4:31 PM

Jan 2024
Only Genshin Impact, don’t have time or funds to pick another gacha game. My favorite characters are Zhongli and Neuvillette.
Apr 20, 2:18 AM

Feb 2011
Apr 20, 1:18 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Shizuna
@Suryaaps your input is wanted here.
@Shizuna Thanks for the mention lol. I haven't played all that many gachas but I'll try to put in my input. Let's see...

1. Marvel Contest of Champions: probably the first gacha I played. I was pretty into it at that time, enjoyed it very much(cause I was a big marvel fan). Gameplay wise, I personally would give it a nice score... Was ruined by the pvp aspect and shitty rate of character drops(wow, nothing new)

2. Dragon Ball legends: same with above, was(am) a big db fan so I was hyped for its release, invested quite a bit of my time to it. Overall it's a decent game. The gacha system was generous for once, farming wasn't a hassle and fights were cool. It got repetitive so I left it but I can probably still play it is I download it sometime. Majin Vegeta was my favourite at that time, idk what all has been added since then

3.Pokemon Masters Ex: was(am) a big fan... Sorry this is getting repetitive.
Again, a decent game overall. Very immersive and interesting at the start. It was kinda easy to earn the gems (or whatever i dont remember) but the battles became really easy if you've grinded and/or are on a high enough level so that's a negative point. Also, I had trouble managing my pokemon teams like, I couldn't find the ones i wanted in my (bag?) to add them in party. My favorite sync pairs were Rosa and Lillie.

4.Konosuba Fd: preregistered this one, was the first game i rerolled on to get a unit. I liked how Konosuba accommodated their funny elements in the game, gameplay was alright just like every other turn based game. The reason I left it was because it was hella grindy. Like you can't even complete limited events if you're a new player or haven't built the correct characters. Fav character: Yunyun

5.Blue Archive: this one, I really enjoyed for the short time I played it. I picked BA when I was taking a break from genshin (around kazuha's rerun I think) and was instantly hooked to it. There's so much to do in it, the story is good. The actual game isn't really difficult or easy, gacha is good(got double 5* for the first time here, then never again *sob*). There were many game modes to play, pvp was decent though it'd have been better if it wasn't auto. Oh yeah, the music in there was superb, I liked the funky vibe they gave off. I'd actually like to get back into it in the future. Fav characters: Shiroko and Hina

6.Revived Witch: (rip) okayish game, the story was the only thing that got me into it. Fights were kinda lame most of the times but it was still a decent game to pass time.

7. Genshin impact: *phew* here comes the one. Played it since release till the recent fontaine patch 4.3 I think. This is the most I've played a single game. I hadn't played anything like this( still haven't so I'll give gi that). Gameplay is interesting, how they use elements for reactions and stuff and for exploration. Exploration yes... The maps are huge and except Chasm, I liked every regions and areas. I can't say a single bad thing about the music, its just too good(I sometimes think hoyo is a music company and they make games as side business). Story is interesting, I still read/watch lore vids about it.
Now the bad part. I'll not to rant much... Everyone knows the first one. Devs are too stingy with rewards, like seriously what were they guys even thinking when they decided to give us 5? 10? Fowls for the freakin Anniversary. Aside from that, it gets really repetitive (yeah I figured this early enough but still kept playing for three years). You just login, do dailies, farm shitty artifacts and log out. And after you waste months building your fav character and want to test how strong they are, there's no where to do that. The only 'endgame' for old players is spiral abyss which you can even beat with unbuilt characters. There were so many instances where I didn't even need to try and cleared it (no I'm not bragging, Im not good at games and was f2p, it's just that easy). And yeah, the recent 3pulls for 3year support want even that surprising, it was plain hilarious how bad they were treating their playerbase.
Despite all that, I just can't hate the game. It's too gorgeous for me to do that. I hope they do listen to their players and add playable some content instead of paimon yappings in every new quest. Fav character: I don't think I need to specify that

8.Hi3 : again, the game I picked during genshin burnout. Enjoyed it very much. It's easier to get into because of the beginner event which gives players a lot of stuff including S characters. The stages were a little challenging to beat which made it better. The abyss here was more difficult, gacha was the same (I swear I've got the worst luck in hoyo games). Hi3's story is probably the best among the three. I'll try to return and complete it's story atleast. Fav character: Herrsher of Flamescion and Thunder

9. HSR: the only gacha that I'm currently playing and I'm loving it. I started during it's release, took a little break in between, came back during Ruan's banner. I like the turn based fights, there are so many good characters to build(which gets a bit annoying but it is what it is). I actually like that the maps aren't too big otherwise it'd have been tedious to roam around. We get like 50-60 pulls every patch which is pretty good. Also, free dr. Ratio *cough*. Moc is difficult, atleast for me because I dont have good units. There's something to do everytime I open the game not just the dailies. Music is soo good, as expected. Story wise, Belabog was fine, Xianzhou was underwhelming, Penacony though has been amazing. I've been waiting for new updates just to get story continuation lol. Favorite character: Fuxuan and probably Sam when he becomes playable.

Some others I've played but dropped in a day or two: Nikke, Fgo(couldn't get over the style, sorry), epic seven, Neural cloud, Pgr(played it for like a week. I didn't have time to continue it but its a good game with interesting battle mechanics.. Could get back to it in the future)

Edit: What the heck! Why'd I write this much lol
SuryaapsApr 20, 1:39 PM

Apr 21, 12:13 AM

Feb 2011
@Suryaaps You've played a lot of them and I don't even know half. I remember wanting to try Konosuba Fd, though, just to get some version of Wiz, but I decided against that because anime-based gacha usually aren't doing it for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» For the people who have played odin sphere leifthrasir, who is ur fav character to use?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
1 hour ago

» What is the longest SMT game?

Agent39 - Mar 30, 2023

4 by Agent39 »»
1 hour ago

» Does UFC have a game?

Agent39 - Mar 4

3 by Agent39 »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - May 31

22 by bryr31 »»
7 hours ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

42 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.