Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Cute start, kinda felt like a slice of life with the main cast particualrly Chisato standing out among the main cast. Curious to see how they plan to develop her relationship with Takina. The two gets plenty of screen time together but their personalities doesn't seem similar.

I'm expecting a lot of cafe time in this show since the episode itself featured plenty of that setting. Pacing seems slightly slow but it's just the introductory episode. The action was actually tense but was really short.
Jul 2, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
The 1st of 2 originals from A-1 Pictures and Aniplex...for a premiere episode at the audience trying to identify what it's all about, I would say that it's a mix of the slice-of-life and some spy-like espionage kind of thing.

The “DA - Direct Attack” secret organization that prevents crimes, and the people managing it: all-girl agents called “Lycoris”, and 2 girls at it: the elite Chisato Nishikigi is the strongest Lycoris agent, and Takina Inoue, the talented but mysterious Lycoris, with their base of operations at Café LyroReco with supervisor Mika and former DA intelligence officer Mizuki.

Even from the beginning, I could already feel Yuri vibes running through the 2 main Lycoris agents from being newly-formed partners to help protect the peace of the people (even if the DA jurisdiction isn't under them), though the spy-espionage feeling is more adept to that against opposing organizations that for now is just the face on a still-filling plate. And victims like Saori Shinohara are just under the guise of being assassinated that the Lycoris have chances to catch criminals in the act.

Definitely yet another intriguing start that the staff involved has me going for more: this story that's penned by novelist Asaura (author of Ben-To) and character designer Imigimuru of Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! a.k.a This Art Club Has A Problem! fame. Still feels like this needs more cooking.
KANLen09Jul 2, 2022 10:53 AM
Jul 2, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
Characters design is good and girls are cute. Full of gun action. The protagonist's voice acting is kind of unnatural like a talk on the radio.
It would be a class AB show.
kuroneko99Jul 3, 2022 7:32 PM
Jul 2, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
I didn't like the fast dialogue, but this was a pretty interesting and action-packed start. Definitely much different than I expected.

Chitaso and Takina are really cute. :)

SerafosJul 2, 2022 8:21 PM
Jul 2, 2022 8:12 AM
Feb 2017
>cute girls
>well animated
>good character design
Kino
Jul 2, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2018
Here we go again.. The first summer anime I'll start but probably won't be able to finish. But, it has a great start and the original story comes from the author of Ben-To which is quite nice. Also, a big interest in Yuri is going around even in the first episode so I can't ask for more. Great action and the design's are pretty average but doesn't matter.
Forgot to mention that the voice acting is just superb. Espically from Chika Anzai.
SideCharacterKalJul 2, 2022 2:56 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 2, 2022 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
I was expecting something else, this was way to much violence for my taste.
The concept in itself seems ok and the characters where ok but it reminds me of a bunch of other anime out there so not sure if i will give it another try.
I am just not a fan of action so, just not my cup of tea i guess.
Jul 2, 2022 9:08 AM
Jan 2021
Where to watch it?
Jul 2, 2022 9:16 AM
Oct 2021
Hsfdid said:
Where to watch it?

it is on crunchyroll
Jul 2, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
Using high school girls as security forces against the terrorists. That's Japan for you. 🤣
The main character's base, that coffee shop, reminded me a lot of Honoka's from Love Live.

The full ED is also released on Spotify
AkeZZZJul 2, 2022 9:31 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 2, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2020
High quality first episode.
Love the character designs, The ED by Sayuri is such a banger!
The story is going to be very interesting, can't for more!!
Jul 2, 2022 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
Well that certainly felt rushed, I don't mean in a bad sense, just that there was way too many things happening so fast.

But cool fist episode I guess, animation seems pretty decent and the premise certainly is interesting, just hope this isn't another Tokyo 24th ward.
Jul 2, 2022 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
This was great, I didn't know what to expect but I really liked it.

The setting is interesting and the story has it's fair share of cute and action packed moments. Really liking Takina and Chisato already, the rest of the main quest seem great too.

The art is really crisp, production seems pretty high quality.

Looking forward to more.
Jul 2, 2022 9:49 AM
Jan 2021
Didn’t expect that much violence but im here for it
Jul 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this was a huge first episode! Art, animation, Voice acting, Music are all really really good. I am just interested in where the story will go from here.

Interesting how recently we get a Trigun reboot and now we get a strong female in character in red who doesnt kill either.

I am digging the Cafe squad!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 2, 2022 9:57 AM

Mar 2021
Great and cute opening episode both Chitaso and Takina are cute and it looks like this will be a good series to watch
Jul 2, 2022 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't expect crime fighting and anti-terrorism in this, the action is really good though, Takina reminds me of Reina from Hibike though. The art feels Kyoani-ish as well.

Jul 2, 2022 10:02 AM

Sep 2021
This was a great start, i didnt expect It Will go like this but looking forward to It.
Sayuri ED was a banger as always.
The animation looks good so this could be a great original
Jul 2, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2019
Judge Dredd Moe nuf said
Jul 2, 2022 10:12 AM

Feb 2019
Summer is finally here.

The first of A-1’s anime original slate for the season. This could either be really good or really bad. Not really an in between for A-1 originals

So far the show definitely has style, remains to be seen if it’ll have substance going forward. Loved this first episode. Hot girls shooting dudes and using guns is exactly what I need. As usual, some amazing character designs and animation from A-1. Scene where Chisato takes down the kidnappers was dope.

Wonder how long it’ll take before we get doujinshi/pixiv posts of the girls. Can’t wait
Jul 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Jul 2020
takina and chisato are gfs tbh
Jul 2, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
Rly good start, It was in my top awaited animes for summer. Ofc as original it can go in both ways, good or bad tho I can be sure there will be some action and I will not be bored, I wish plot will be good as well :D
Jul 2, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
Cute anime girls with guns, what more could I ever ask for lol. Great start! Can't wait to see more of it. Especially chisato. I love her cheerful energy alot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2022 10:26 AM
Aug 2021
I love the animation, it's really stunning. The colour, movement, character design are really outstanding. Chisato though, I love all about her
Jul 2, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2020
that was an excellent first episode. Hopefully, the quality won't drop in the future. Chisato is cute. Definitely looking forward to more.

Jul 2, 2022 10:31 AM

Jun 2021
Loved that introduction lol. This ep was all over the place (literally) but I liked that approach in setting up what these girls actually do.

Chisato and Takina seem like a mismatched pair, but I’m looking forward to seeing how they both grow as partners. Chisato is an absolute badass, no wonder she’s called the best Lycoris. If those were lethal rounds, those arms dealers would have been a bloody mess. Takina is pretty badass herself, though her approach is more reckless. Not too surprised at the identity of the baddie, guess his benevolent facade is all a cover for his criminal activities.

All in all, a pretty good premiere. Definitely following this one weekly.
Jul 2, 2022 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty neat start, I like it. Chisato's a really fun girl, I already like her. Takina seems like she'll be quite amusing too. I have high hopes for this show.
Jul 2, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2020
The animation was so crisp. Looking forward to this action CGDCT.

Jul 2, 2022 10:39 AM
Oct 2021
I liked it alot! I’ve been looking forward to this anime and the waits finally over! Super cute first episode and it felt so comforting and so many good vibes. Absolutely adore Chisato and Takina, they’re ridiculously cute!
Jul 2, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
Let's start with the bad. The setting and story is kind of a huge mess. A city literally swarming with terrorists, and the happy go lucky secret police made up largely of child assassins who fight them. Sometimes with LMGs that murder entire buildings, sometimes with goofy made-for-Saturday-morning Darkwing Duck not-guns and tie-'em-up lasso pistols. There are some tonal issues, to put it mildly, even without getting deep into secret police disappearing citizens who threaten the peace and are just so very chipper and gleeful to do so! Actually, the manic energy there is less of an issue than the black-haired one's no-nonsense eliminate-all-the-dissidents attitude. Also, if you've watched the promos, you've seen about 90% of the first half of the episode, which made it kind of a drag for me.

The rest though, not so bad. It's doing a kind of buddy cop thing where one is the reckless by-the-books character who gets-things-done, while the other is the man on the street who doesn't play by the rules, but also gets-things-done, but better because she doesn't kill, and will no doubt teach the other how to be a thoroughly corrupt police officer friends with everybody. Ironically, despite all the focus at the start being on the former, she comes off as far less competent and more just lucky that she somehow hasn't gotten herself or anybody else killed with immediately trying to open fire on anything and everything, while the other, despite the dumb gadgets, is dodging bullets, pistol whipping people in the face, and neutralizing her partner from being an idiot. The gun fight at the end was a hell of a lot better than the one at the start.
Jul 2, 2022 10:51 AM

Jan 2021
Is it me, or is it that Chisato's hairstyle reminded me of Siesta and Origami
Jul 2, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Takina got transferred to learn from Chisato/she got fired from the DA.
Takina thought Chisato was giving them drugs xD.
I loved the higanbana flower that Takina was holding near the halfway transition point of the episode too.
Chisato stopped her from firing into the car where Takina let Saori be a decoy.
Takina's firing skills are very good. And woah, Chisato can dodge bullets very well! She uses non fatal bullets it seems as she values even enemy lives!

Looking forward to the next episode!

AISHITERU...REM!

Jan 2009
Chisato does not kill bad guys for a suppose killer while Takina will do everything to kill bad guys on the other hand

some sort of deontology "the rule is to not kill" vs utilitarianism "necessary evil" "the end justifies the means" morality going on

the action is great

i googled what Lycoris means and its a flower about death or parting ways aka ending relationships so foreshadowing of whats to come there

May 2021
definitely not what I expected from that MAL description, but it's interesting ngl, looking forward to the next episodes to see where this goes

Jul 2, 2022 10:54 AM
Apr 2017
noo i accidentally voted hated it instead of loved it lmao anyway looks like a very intriguing start! and i love the character design and outfits sm <3
Jul 2, 2022 10:54 AM

Sep 2016
chisato is so fun and cheerful to watch! it's only been one episode but i love her already. the premise of this show seems really interesting too. am very excited for the episodes to come
Jul 2, 2022 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
Probably peak popcorn kino. We need ones like that as well.

Very, very enjoyable.

Also, yuri bait, always nice. XD
Jul 2, 2022 11:11 AM

Mar 2018
Hoho, I was already expecting this kind of anime but my personal pleasure of this one is higher than I imagined! The animation is quite nice and this can be quite an interesting story. Also oof, Chisato is quite the genki girl!!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jul 2, 2022 11:16 AM

Aug 2012
So the show starts with two school girls executing people without judgement because they have been deemed dangerous by the state. yay dictatorship!!! dropped
Jul 2, 2022 11:17 AM

Jun 2021
Really nice first episode, the character designs are cute and nice, I liked the action and the animation from A-1 pictures and we even got a solid cliffhanger in the first episode.

I think this story has a lot of potential, I hope this doesn't go down after the first episode
like other animes out there.

But so far I'm hooked.

Jul 2, 2022 11:45 AM
May 2021
wow really good start. Loved the animation quality and art style. And these action scenes 👌🏻👌🏻. This will be a good Anime original for sure
Jul 2, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2018
My most anticipated anime of the season and it fully delivered. I had so much fun with it. The character designs are really cute, the voice actings were great. Can't wait for more.
Jul 2, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
It was no more than an OK start. This is Cute Girls Playing Judge Dredd, but it doesn't look like it will be enough to keep my attention until the end.
Jul 2, 2022 12:01 PM

Feb 2010
Chisato x Takina best duo of season.
Jul 2, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2011
Is a cool, but im bothered with the dulling Takina fangs. I like her approach, lethal and cool, but at the end felt like at the end of the season, will be her becoming boring non-lethal.

Kill drug dealers on sight, sounds good policy.
Jul 2, 2022 12:07 PM

Apr 2021
So this feels like Gunslinger Girl, but less believable and with tone issues. I don't see how all their agents aren't compromised with how sloppily they conduct themselves, and on top of it drones tracking their movements. Don't buy non-lethal bullets that punch though car doors either, I know cars aren't even bullet resistant but that is 100% going though someone still.
Jul 2, 2022 12:12 PM
Jul 2020
grown men losing to a bunch of girls...this is our fiction these days for you
Jul 2, 2022 12:14 PM
Mar 2021
Well I can tell this’ll be one of my top anime this season unless the quality drops but wow what a great first ep
Jul 2, 2022 12:22 PM
May 2016
They should have gone all out and made complete sociopaths out of the entire main cast and have them go on with their "normal" lives while executing people for the slightest legal infractions.
Jul 2, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2020
I liked this a lot. I can't believe some people are complaining about the pacing. This was a brisk and smooth premiere. Two more episodes to go to ensure that it sticks with me for the summer. I wish this show the absolute best.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

444 by scooter_ing »»
May 20, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.