Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2020 10:51 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i don't know how possible the idea of riding the geyser is, but to shoot them up 3 stories high is kinda achievable, i guess.
anyways, seems like the main progression we got from this mini-arc was teamwork and bakugo softening up for his team. good for him. it only took him 3 seasons to get this far
Aug 15, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2016
Was pretty alright and even had a nice Bakugo moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2020 3:57 PM
Sep 2012
I'm always happy for new content <3 loved the last bit with bakugou and midoriya *
Aug 15, 2020 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
I couldn't stop laughing when Bakugou demand Deku to be his cane XDD Plus no talking cane! lol Bakugou's too stubborn for his own good, but without that, he wouldn't be our himself anymore, right? X3 Other than that, I'm glad everyone got out safely, even being injured!

What a thrilling OVA, and I can't wait to watch more in the future ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 15, 2020 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
This was good for what it was, a short OVA showing off the more popular characters, Made me even more excited for season 5, But can U.A stop trying to kill these kids, they are getting sued one day
Aug 15, 2020 9:01 PM

Mar 2019
The Best and only good things in both OVA's.. were the OP/ED songs...

Irrelevant Filler...

6/10 is good enough for this.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 15, 2020 11:33 PM

Sep 2018
Bakugo's recklessness causes a flooding and almost kills themselves in the process, or at least makes things a lot more difficult. Refuses help from everyone vehemently (until finally making Deku his "cane" *puke), always screaming in the process and being generally unreasonable, stubborn and annoying.

Can Bakugo just die now? Goddamn, just get hit by a ten tonne truck already.

Meh, 6/10 for this OVA. Nothing we haven't really seen before.
Aug 16, 2020 1:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A fine entry to the franchise, I suppose. Some of the teamwork and ground breaking ideas was interesting to watch along with the usual interactions which is so-so from my perspective.

Quite the nasty training regime this though, it ought to be said. And that dummy, lol.

Listening to the Op & ED after a while was really nice too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 16, 2020 1:47 AM

Sep 2018
Greatest tsundere of all time goes to Bakugo!
Aug 16, 2020 7:26 AM
Jan 2017
it was fun and cool, nothing amazing. it was nice to see the kids again though idk why another filler episode(s) are centered around training-- and why this was placed so far back in the timeline. i would've liked to see how the other team did in their training, and speaking of, aizawa wtf? what kind of training situation is this??? tho i kinda get why he's so calm- recovery girl can easily heal the injured
Aug 16, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
Really like Bakugo's moments on this OVA haha.

ac_eren said:

Indeed lol

Aug 16, 2020 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
This OVA is genius in many aspects, from character selection, they select ten most interesting students in the class (sorry if your favorite is among another ten students), and they split into several groups that are shippable (how can I never ship Todoroki X Tokoyami before!), and they rotate from original group to new group to create another shippable moments, and of course the final has to leave it to big three characters, which are Deku, Bakugou, and Todoroki.

Also since I don't read manga, maybe Kaminari's behavior is foreshadow something? (please don't spoil me)

I think this is what My Hero Academia should be, the main story should involve training to become a hero. Fighting a real villain in a real situation should be a secondary object or save for the final act, but people's hype on villain lead main story astrayed. This OVA confirm to me that the title of the anime is still My Hero "ACADEMIA". I need more of this.
Aug 16, 2020 1:40 PM

Jul 2016
Team B be like: "What is taking them so long?"

Overall, entertaining set of ONAs but I was expecting a more "rescue-ish" kind of focus instead of just having Bakugou and co. blasting their way out of the debris, almost killing their teammates in the process. Aizawa not giving a shit about his students' safety was also kinda odd but well, what else is new in shounen?

6/10 - Now let's wait for that fifth season.
Aug 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2019
ac_eren said:
I couldn't agree more. I didn't realise at first but this episode was something... lmao
Life is a despicable endurance race
Aug 16, 2020 6:39 PM
May 2015
ac_eren said:

honestly lmao. he's got a lot of tsundere girls beat
Aug 16, 2020 8:49 PM

Dec 2016
@SouthRzVa or Team B be like: "Am I a joke to you?"

Though I'm not complaining here since my favorite characters were all in Team A xD (well... except for my cinnamon roll, Kouda ♥).

Anyways, during the whole episode I was thinking in what kind of training this was. I mean, Kaminari and Iida almost died!
Aug 17, 2020 12:31 AM

Jun 2014
why did this episode exist? for what reason? it's not even enjoyable to the very least
Aug 17, 2020 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Eh, it was ok, I guess. The Bakugo moments were good. Also, they completely butchered the osts by cutting them abruptly. Genius idea. 5/10
Aug 17, 2020 1:51 AM
Jun 2017
midoriya, bakugo and todoroki on one team... i just love that one especially the geiser part... its so rare for them to have such moment so i like this episode
Aug 17, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2017
All that effort to save a training dummy, and Bakugo is as tsundere as ever.

The true extent of the training is made clear with Aizawa-sensei, and the rescue is finally underway...as Bakugo continues his rampage like it's his usual.

An unlikely alliance between Bakugo, Todoroki and Izuku is just about the greatest thing in the entirety of MHA, working together in collaboration creating a geyser as means of escape. You don't normally see Bakugo in cahoots, so it's the one redeeming point of this OVA.

Meh OVA, waiting for Season 5 instead.
Aug 17, 2020 6:58 PM
Jul 2015
anyone else notice they started playing Might*U from the Heroes Rising movie right at the moment when Bakugou finally agrees to let Deku help him? Almost teared up right there.
Aug 17, 2020 7:28 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Bakugo is going to grow up to be the reckless hero I see, but of course I guess you need a little recklessness in order to save people.

I didn't believe it at first, but I see the author just went ahead and boosted that Deku x Kaachan ship

Ngl, I thought I was rewatching an old episode, but of course it's a little different. Deku and Kaachan can atleast breathe without sexual tension fighting.
Aug 17, 2020 9:53 PM

Oct 2017
Better than the first one but still okayish at best. The last moment among Todorki, Bakugo and Deku was nice.
Aug 18, 2020 4:03 AM
Mar 2019
Bakugo and Deku towards the start: We need to be be careful, the building can collapse.

Bakugo and Deku towards the end: Proceed to repeatedly break through walls
Aug 18, 2020 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
Except for Kaminari being a wuss, this was actually pretty well written filler. I am impressed. Bakugo was quite well written.

I wonder if Horikoshi wrote the script for this.
LylaazAug 18, 2020 6:44 AM
Aug 18, 2020 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
it was an entertaining filler OVA.
Aug 20, 2020 1:29 AM

May 2009
It was terrible. Whole thing felt like animated drama CD due to moments like characters talking useless things we can see with our eyes. First episode had shipping bait with Ochako and this was for fujos.
Aug 20, 2020 7:16 AM
Mar 2013
as usually i dislike bakugo who was a bully towards our mc and is always arrogant.
Aug 20, 2020 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
It was alright I guess, I would've prefered some dorm SoL instead of rescue stuff again. And I wish they put some of the other characters from the class in this OVA (like Shouji or Sero) instead of always the same old fan favorites.
Aug 20, 2020 8:35 PM
May 2020
That was kinda entertaining... Bakugo bored me a little but whatever.

Scenes with Bakugo, Midoriya and Todoroki are always nice though.

I wonder if someday all these stupid kids will grow up and we get to see it, I'm talking about something like what happened with Naruto Shippuden or some shit like that.
Aug 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Aug 2016
In the movie and now in this ova, Bakugo continues to prove to be the number 1 hero.
Aug 22, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2019
Well that geyser idea sure was stupid, i guess the ONA was OK at most, 6/10 with a few entertaining moments.
Aug 28, 2020 1:23 AM

Apr 2018
I will never understand why Bakugo is so popular. He is just... tiring.
Aug 28, 2020 9:05 AM

Jan 2010
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Bakugo's recklessness causes a flooding and almost kills themselves in the process, or at least makes things a lot more difficult. Refuses help from everyone vehemently (until finally making Deku his "cane" *puke), always screaming in the process and being generally unreasonable, stubborn and annoying.

Without him, everyone would die though ahaha~
Aug 28, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
Love this ova to bits!
They totally push the izukatsu fanservice and I'm not complaining, haha
The cane scene is one of the most hilarious moment in this series, lol. It was brilliant. So very Bakugou.
Bakugou, again, stole the spotlight from everyone.
Aug 30, 2020 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
This was a fine ova. I enjoyed this one more than the first episode.

Bakugou being Bakugou was fun to watch.

Sep 4, 2020 3:54 PM
Dec 2018
I will say. This was just not a great Ova. But the second half of episode 2 was pretty alright. I think the mistake that this one did was doing the safe routes. Tokoyami with Todoroki was a lame boring combination, with just some forced together conflict. But the last scene, while honestly a classic trio, Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki pulls off each other perfectly and created a brilliant show of teamwork during the second half of episode 2. It was engaging and I wasn’t screaming to everyone that they have a phone. But the conclusion felt rush
Sep 9, 2020 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
"CANES DON'T TALK!

oh my lord, i'm dying,
that's too hilarious >w<
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 9, 2020 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
GakutoDeathGlare said:

wasn't.... wasn't the water-leaking planned to happen since Aizawa knew about it though?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Dec 2016
Nice team mork from the 3 main characters

I hope they fight a villain like a team in the future
Sep 26, 2020 12:24 AM
Feb 2019
I'm getting tired of Midoriya's fixation on "Kacchan." Yeah, he's good at stuff and he's known him forever but he's unpleasant and actively bullied him most of his life and straight up told him to jump off a bridge in the first episode. Katsuki is all tsun and no dere and it's kind of annoying to watch Midoriya get excited about him all the time. Leave the guy alone, he hates you, or at least acts like he does. Even if he's competent he's still so unpleasant it's hard to believe all the kids are still tolerating him as much as they do.
Oct 23, 2020 11:40 AM

Dec 2016
uwotnow said:
I'm getting tired of Midoriya's fixation on "Kacchan." Yeah, he's good at stuff and he's known him forever but he's unpleasant and actively bullied him most of his life and straight up told him to jump off a bridge in the first episode. Katsuki is all tsun and no dere and it's kind of annoying to watch Midoriya get excited about him all the time. Leave the guy alone, he hates you, or at least acts like he does. Even if he's competent he's still so unpleasant it's hard to believe all the kids are still tolerating him as much as they do.

People change and Kacchan changed over time, even with his foul mouth. That time when Bakugou was still in middle school with Midoriya he was a lot worse and very unpleasant just like you mentioned with the bullying. But after they both got in U.A. Bakugou made such a crazy character development (at least in season 3), and I can tell you that at the beggining of the series I disliked Bakugou's attitude, but now I'm used to it and there are times when I find it funny hearing his answers (sometimes out of the blue, if you know what I mean).
In other words, I can understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think you were observant enough about Bakugou and only focused in his bad temper. All I can say for now is that you should wait for when Season 5 starts, because you will be very surprised, especially with the big fight with Shigaraki :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 28, 2020 10:12 PM
Jul 2020
as expected, todoroki best boy 💙
Dec 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Sep 2020
I agree that this ONA was irrelevant and the best thing in it was the oppening and endding... i give it a solid 3
rudialexandruAug 13, 2021 4:40 AM
Dec 25, 2020 9:25 AM

Mar 2019
Nice OVA/ONA. It was enjoyable, but yea, waiting for season 5.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 29, 2021 2:46 PM

May 2015
Damn this was bad. Total waste of time.
May 15, 2021 10:11 PM

Jun 2020
Loved their plan to break thru the ceilings & Deku knowing that their Quirks have their limitations so he went to help them. Kacchan accepting help from Deku only coz he’s his cane lol!!!!! That cracked me up

Definitely prefer the previous art style & character designs tho :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 17, 2021 1:24 PM

Jan 2020
I'm fine with the whole training thing but I wish they could've spiced this up some more.
Nov 3, 2021 3:48 AM

Apr 2021
Welp All's well that ends well.....Bakugo asking for help be like "Be My Cane" 😂
An awesome episode.....I really liked it and of course the ED and OP were good too!!!
So yeah 9/10 for me :D
Dec 5, 2021 1:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Gotta love how much of a Tsundere Bakugo is at times.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren Episode 1 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Aug 15, 2020

33 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 4, 8:59 PM

» Is it canon ?

x-comber - Aug 3, 2020

25 by Gaichi »»
Mar 13, 2021 6:40 AM

» Will many people like it?

JetStreamSam001 - Aug 3, 2020

8 by DojimaNoRyu »»
Sep 13, 2020 8:22 PM

» How are both episodes done airing before the airing date started?

Sagara_Asakura - Aug 15, 2020

2 by davidyodo24 »»
Aug 16, 2020 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.