3It was OK
12.6%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.3
1,523 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2022 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
This had a really charming OP song. Aharen is such an adorable character in this first episode. There's a lot of chemistry between her and Raidou. I like how she tries to feed him and he just stares at her.

Also, I'm glad they captured her character expressions out of the manga. She has that same look most of the time but it also fits really well for her personality.

Didn't take long for Aharen to play the claw machine already. Amusing first episode.

Jul 2017
Asato Mizu is back with a new manga, the most popular that this mangaka has ever done.

TrySail is finally back with a new song, and this OP is good! Likewise with Hakoniwa Lily's ED.

Male MC Raidou Matsuboshi can look kinda scary, but female MC Reina Aharen is like a loli mute combi version of Komi and Tanaka, and their vibes really knock it out of the park. From being close to talk to and sharing lunch with one another, Raidou can't quite figure out what the indecipherable Aharen wants, but they're actually the same in spirit and truth. And for a start, he tries to lip-sync with her, but throwing notes works...and headbutts don't.

Anything Aharen desires, Raidou can get for her, but spending money on a crane game relentlessly without a plan is wreckless, and Aharen can get it all flawlessly. Aharen is like a kid whose expressions are the most childlike ever, and Raidou is there to cover for her, and she repays his help with great favour, starting from a packed lunch box specially made for him.

Watch out...there's a yandere on the way...

This is cutesy sweetness, and what a great start. This is Iyashikei and comedy I'm really gonna enjoy wholeheartedly to the fullest.
KANLen09Apr 1, 2022 11:04 AM

Jul 2021
The opening is pretty chill mhm and gives a nice vibe to the theme of the series, I find the ED better in terms of the visual imo. Aharen is so fucking cute!!!!! I'm getting diabetes out of her character even if she doesn't talk alot, she does at least have a sad backstory :( and so she can do whatever shenanigans in front of me :D! also Inorin (her VA) must be having fun voicing a silent cutie this time around.

Raidou's character is an average guy but his own inner thoughts is really something whenever he sees Aharen do this and that it's a conspiracy right there where it's subjectively too good or too much. The beauty photoshoot was impeccable! And that game machine scene lmao, I keep getting nightmares everytime I look at Raidou having all of these stuffed exactly same-looking dolls in his room like wouldn't people be creeped out when they have those standing around you ;_; but the same time it's hilarious because it looks like some group of dolls are having some ritual enlightenment!

To me, Raidou and Aharen more or less has a brother-sister relationship with a sub couple because they're so compatible with each other but probably because of my 0 braincell I keep on differentiating their height range that's why it's giving a brother and sister relationship vibe :v

Overall, there are loads of meme material right here with these still frames and for the most part, I'm impressed by the visuals though I can expect for the better or the worse in the next episode and so forth with the studio's questionable resume but for the first episode is already pretty solid. Also oh uh Ooshiro is coming her way 0_0
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 2019
They are weirdos, very strange weirdos, but my god are they loveable with one another it is unbelievable. Amazing amount of focus on both characters as if they were meant to be paired with equal footing. I love this so far, the adaptation is great. Looking forward to more.

Big winner
Apr 1, 2022 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
Aharen-san, the crane game master.
The first episode was a pure comedy and very cute. I really love it. It was a good start after all.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 1, 2022 10:58 AM

May 2020
Does our female lead, Aharen, have some sort of communication disorder? No she hasn’t(sort of). So what is it? Well she doesn’t give you enough interpersonal space i guess. Whatever the case though, her actions did crack me good for the whole while, she does the most random stuff possible. Props to Raido for being a good interpreter, and to Minase Inori for becoming a part of that esteemed “Action speaks louder than words” gang alongwith Koga Aoi and Kitou Akari.

Nice enough opening and ending and so goes for this first episode too.

Apr 1, 2022 11:05 AM

Apr 2016
When comes to shows like these, we always have the "weird/quirky" one paired with the classic straight man character ... but whats interesting about this one, is that both mains are goofballs lol.

This will be very much so enjoyable to watch every week.
Apr 1, 2022 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Take parts from Komi, add a bit of My Senpai is Annoying, top off with Maoujou de Oyasumi and tada, new series. I couldn't care less that tropes get recycled and reskinned. I would also be able to handle a ridiculously quiet voice(pls don't waste your time on karaoke if you don't use your regular volume), but pressing meat balls against my cheeks and surprise headbutts would drive me nuts xD

These soft visuals, the bright color palette and lighting and the gentle atmosphere indeed remind me of Komi. The interactions are just a lot more fluffy compared to My Senpai is annoying. Aharen is super cute and clingy. Overall an Instant W.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2022 11:12 AM

Feb 2021
First ep was very cute and funny, good start
Apr 1, 2022 11:19 AM

Feb 2020
That was a very cute start. :)

Aharen is just too adorable for words. <3

SerafosApr 1, 2022 11:54 AM
Apr 1, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2020
Waifu of the season
Apr 1, 2022 11:26 AM
Feb 2016
Holy crap I didn't realize this had Inori Minase. Takes it to a whole new level. Would watch for her alone, although it seems it'll be a fun watch either way
Apr 1, 2022 11:42 AM

Jul 2017
Episode felt like an eternity for me but given the kind of main duo that's present in this series, it makes sense. Nothing amazing for me but hopefully their dynamic can evolve in the anime and the show's more light fun for the long run.
Apr 1, 2022 11:46 AM
May 2021
This was every bit as fluffy and wholesome as the manga! If the completion of My Senpai Is Annoying left you with a void, this one will surely be the one for you!

P.S.
Make sure ya'll catch that post credit scene.
Apr 1, 2022 11:52 AM
Jan 2022
Man, i really love the OP and ED
Apr 1, 2022 11:56 AM

Oct 2015
1st ep made me crack many times lmao
Apr 1, 2022 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
How much development for the main characters have in 1 episode? Yes.

Skeletal conduction for the win!

Apr 1, 2022 11:59 AM
Mar 2022
i really loved how Goofy she is and then the weird soundtrack behind it while she is being goofy.... the fact that she's so interesting made me hooked... before I knew it had ended :(
Apr 1, 2022 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
Aharen is so cute, she's way too adorable. There were many amusing moments in this episode. Aharen and Raidou moments were sweet and hilarious.

Really good start, gonna love this show.
Apr 1, 2022 12:01 PM
Mar 2022
It’s sooo adorable and wholesome❤️so many cute moments just in the first episode alone🥰
Apr 1, 2022 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
It's like a combination of Komi-san and Senpai ga Uzai and put a twist to it.
Apr 1, 2022 12:06 PM

Dec 2020
This feels so good to watch this show fully hooked me in the first episode.

The OP is really chill and i like it and ED also nice Visuals.
Aharen voice Lul so cute how she act i really looking forward to this.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 1, 2022 12:06 PM
Jan 2021
I love this show already, it’s so wholesome.
Drawings are very cool too. Aharen is like my inner self who wants to get close as fast as possible haha. Watching this anime made me feel so warm inside and reminded me of my first high school year.
Apr 1, 2022 12:09 PM

Oct 2013
Been a while since something cracked me up so much and so consistently, hope it keeps it up
Apr 1, 2022 12:18 PM

May 2018
That was a good start, I already love both of the characters, both of them are just fun and cute to watch. Kind of surprising how Aharen just starts hugging like that, really enjoyed watching how they interact with each other.

The OP and ED are good, I love it.

Apr 1, 2022 12:22 PM

Sep 2020
I loved the ambience. its calming and refreshing. and the colors of the scenarios are amazing.

DAMN IM ALREADY IN LOVE WITH THIS COUPLE!!!!!!! they have an unique chemestry, its so fun to see them interacting.

the claw machine scene was so funny lmaoooo

and i think we already have someone mad about the two together (¬¬)

it was a pretty damn good episode, im hyped for the next one!!!! <3
Apr 1, 2022 12:25 PM
May 2020
wholesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 1, 2022 12:30 PM
May 2020
Very cute first episode and the plushie around him is very funny
Apr 1, 2022 12:34 PM
Aug 2021
It has potential but I cant get over the fact that its like a knock off Komi cant communicate, especially with how much Raido looks like Tadano
Apr 1, 2022 12:36 PM

Feb 2022
Really love the dynamic between our 2 main characters, its so much fun.

Aharen is not only indecipherable but also is amazing at the crane game, singing so well it puts Komi to shame, eating for 3 normal sized people and being able to sleep anywhere

I think this is going to be so enjoyable
Apr 1, 2022 12:38 PM
Jul 2020
Male mc seemed decently interesting so far but the female mc kept pushing my snooze button, might watch another episode to see if it gets better but not holding out hope.
Apr 1, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2021
Great episode!
Aharen is too KAWAII! I'm happy she has a friend and she is really kind, making Raidou a bento.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 1, 2022 12:48 PM
May 2021
I fall in love with this anime and episode 1 having lovely story plot and

it's so kawaii 😚🥰

🥰🥰🥰🥰
Apr 1, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty fun premiere. The deadpan jokes along with the delayed retorts were quite amusing. The slapstick comedy was also quite fun, and the bratty little sis also looks like a bundle of joy.

The background characters in CG even though were a bit low detail, they blended quite nicely with the backgrounds and gave that vibe of a crowded school.
Apr 1, 2022 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
It was a good start, heartwarming.
Aharen is so cute and Raidou and her will get along well, they have same energy.
Apr 1, 2022 1:04 PM
Oct 2020
Really enjoyed the first episode, I hope the season is just as good.
Apr 1, 2022 1:32 PM
Jun 2021
It's just too sweet and kawai.........

Really looking forward to it more this season
Apr 1, 2022 1:43 PM
Dec 2021
A really good anime to start this season.
It keep my laughing for the whole episode with a lovely couple, hope to see them a long time more
Apr 1, 2022 1:44 PM
Feb 2022
very cute! can't wait for more!
Apr 1, 2022 1:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This was rather amusing watching the dynamics between Aharen and Raidou. It's not that Aharen can't communicate(no pun intended), it's just that sometimes she speaks very very softly. Aharen has trouble making friends because of her clingy nature. Raidou on the other hand tries to find an efficient way to communicate with Aharen, but her reactions unpredictable making her difficult to read her emotions.

I'm curious to see how Aharen and Raidou's relationship develops.
Apr 1, 2022 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
ywn get hugs from a cute girl who is socially awkward and has a hard time with people's boundaries making her a bit clingy but she tries her best not to bother others, why even live.
Apr 1, 2022 1:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally the hand spinner anime is here I was waiting for it since I've been enjoying the manga for quite a while, though of course the beginning is more cute and casual than how the humor will evolve since it's really shitpost at some point especially with Raidou's seeing conspiracies absolutely everywhere which just became a running gag at this point xD But anyway great to see them animated, the quality is nothing too impressive but it's still more than decent
Apr 1, 2022 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
Is that Sora Amamiya who I hear in the OP? Nice, TrySail is singing the OP.

From telepathy to Morse code to carrier pigeon to smoke signals, there is no denying that Raidou is a man of determination and commitment xD. I lost it when Aharen started headbutting him lmao.

Aharen is such a cute little creature, and she even comes with some nice ASMR from Inori Minase. How can you not love her?!

Funny, cute and wholesome start with 2 likeable leads. Looking forward to more.
SkyLETVApr 1, 2022 2:08 PM
Apr 1, 2022 2:07 PM

Mar 2022
Adorei o primeiro episódio, ainda bem que dei uma uma oportunidade a este anime, visto que desconhecia completamente a sua existência!
Apr 1, 2022 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
Very cute ep, Aharen kinda reminds me of Kohina from Gugure Kokkuri-san. Seems like this is gonna be a fun and chill show.
Apr 1, 2022 2:15 PM

Feb 2019
This was such a cute and wholesome time omg. I had a sugar rush when Aharen tried feeding him the bento.

Definitely a nice way to bleach my eyes and mind after that morbius film. Spring is officially here and we’ve got two great first episodes with Aharen and Rikei Koi s2.
Apr 1, 2022 2:32 PM

Jun 2015
There was so much moe I cant stop the nose bleed!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 1, 2022 2:38 PM

Jun 2016
This show seems very cute and funny, I laughed a lot, I adore kuudere characters, and in particular kuudere lolis like Aharen-san are so funny, the tomboy imouto is kawaii too. ^_^ :3
Inori Minase is the kuudere loli seiyuu queen.
Franz_FurantsuApr 1, 2022 2:56 PM
Apr 1, 2022 3:30 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
My first brand new series of spring season, and wow this was so good. As someone that appreciates a good SoL, this one is amazing so far. Raido by himself is a great MC, pairing him with Aharen is perfection, the two of them are hilarious together, not to mention wholesome lol.

I found myself laughing a lot in this episode, the headbutting, the bit where Raido kept trying all those different ways to communicate with Aharen, and the claw machine was good too lol. So many good moments beyond these too, so yeah, absolutely love these two.

I think it’s safe to say I’m gonna love this going forward, I can already see it getting a 10 from me, don’t wanna jump the gun so soon but I can see it lol. And the OP was great, but I especially loved that ED, super chill and a catchy song, the visuals were great too, didn’t expect fidget spinners lmao, but I loved it.
Apr 1, 2022 3:44 PM
Apr 2020
I liked how Aharen-san was cute caring about Raidou, she woke up earlier just to make an obento for him. She is really sweet. ♡
Overall, a quite lovely and funny anime.
This 1st episode was great. Very good anime.
I"ll keep watching this one until the end.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

137 by Slimdudejim »»
Jun 10, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

NekOniiChan - Jun 17, 2022

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 8, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

77 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 8, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2022

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

96 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.