Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2015 8:10 PM
Dec 2014
this anime is getting better with each passing episode.
Feb 21, 2015 2:04 AM

Nov 2014
ao_no_exo said:
Which reminds me, L is like his name. Isn't that enough to kill him? (In the case where a criminal survived because Light got wrong information on the criminal's name. The criminal was able to escape -or so did one of the police members say-; but in this case saying L to L is like his name/nickname. I would have experienced with nicknames too)

L is a nickname. U need someone's real name in order to kill them. Like that fake name naomi used, it didnt work.
Waiting4Infinity said:
but if there is only a 5% chance, i can see looking into it, but WHY put in all the effort? why not put more of the effort into the other 95%? L sure has a strange way of working.

There is no other 95%. U r thinking this like 'theres 40% chance ill pass this test and 60% chance I wont'. Its actually 'either A or B stole my wallet, but A is more likely, however I dont have any evidence, just my guts feeling tole me A was the thief', and thus it's only 5%.
RafaelDeJongh said:
Quite nice episode I do wonder what L is trying to archive by going to the University with him!

get in contact with the suspect, observe him personally, and see if Light will falter after knowing he is L. Its just like living with the police after u killed someone, normally killers would be nervous in this situation and slip up. L want to c if light would do tat.
ttcchenFeb 21, 2015 2:27 AM
Mar 14, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2014
This shit gets better each episode, nice. Bold yet very effective move from L indeed. I liked how both got opposite reactions from audience, lol.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 22, 2015 10:21 AM
Dec 2011
ArnoldK said:
As someone who's fervently anti-Light Yagami, this was great. The smug bastard finally gets rattled.

L is pretty cool, though.

your absolutely right .. i felt like YES!!! L go and piss him off.... :3
lakshikaApr 22, 2015 10:26 AM
Apr 23, 2015 10:12 PM
Nov 2014
Light's laugh at the end was so damn evil lol. Another gr8 episode.
Apr 24, 2015 7:28 AM
Dec 2011
i have to say this when they gave the speech in front of everyone light looked like a 30 old man where L looked adorable as hell L is so cute everything he does is cute but deadly :3
May 20, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. 5/5
Jul 8, 2015 9:18 PM

Apr 2014
new bff's??
---------My Profile------------
Aug 4, 2015 10:08 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Very curiou how this is possibly going on ._.

Aug 5, 2015 5:55 AM
Jan 2015
"My own hands"? Well, that would be funny.

If it's only five per cent, than the other 95 must be scattered towards so many people it's ridiculous. Are you sure you don't want double check Sayu, L, just in case? Hehehehe.

My god, this anime is like a black hole now. One single, concentric plot thread. I don't think my heart can survive 23 episodes of rat and cat hunting.
Aug 27, 2015 3:02 PM
May 2015
This is sort of a reveal episode, in a way; we get to see the crazed madman under the calm, cool exterior.
Sep 26, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
That evil laugh was great.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 6, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
L really is strange the way he always sits with his shoes off lol. Light is a little crazy, can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 7, 2015 12:37 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
L is really taking some big risks here.

5/5
Jan 15, 2016 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
I think that it was pretty obvious this episode that Light is a bit... what would you call him.. Crazy maybe?
Either way another amazing episode, Light was being amazing and L is also a mastermind. Tho it's funny how similar they actually are, with just one basic difference (+looks). It's almost ironic. I'm completely fascinated on how Lights mindset works and how he deals with it, I actually don't find his character repulsive at all. As weird as it sounds, I don't judge him. I am merely fascinated (deeply). This anime raises mixed questions and feelings. I love it, I love the confusion and uncertainty. You just don't know what to expect.
I would just point out that when a girl said she liked the boy on the right I kind of agreed with her. I have no idea what this would be like in real life, but at that moment I preferred L. Tho it's not that I like him more generally, I like them both a lot. L is so weirdly adorable and I just like him.

The opening is amazing and I'm enjoying the ED a lot. I love the songs and the lyrics are perfect.
Can't wait to see how it's all going to play out. They'll probably seem to be friends, which will be really nice, but they actually aren't, which is sad.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Apr 14, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2015
Doya said:
I'm jealous of L for all those snacks he has...
Yeah. Same here...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 14, 2016 3:53 AM

Feb 2016
Solving equations with his right hand and writing with his left. Gold.
Apr 15, 2016 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
Crap, Light is already out of his mind.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2016
Holy shit!! xD epic episode, the drama, the excitment, the emotions the whaever! shit is about too get real. xD the big "fight" about coming, really interesting personality Light have, same goes too L, so "calm" both are fucking geius xD really funny n interesting to watch this anime.
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 30, 2016 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Dang this is getting intense. I understand some people are asking why L is investigating Light even with a 5 percent, but L has already revealed himself as a thorough individual. Remember L was suspicious that Kira is a student but told everyone not to exclude any other possibilities? Also, I don't think L has any other better leads
Apr 13, 2017 5:35 AM

Sep 2016
What a bold move from L showing up right in front of his enemy! It's also awesome to use an idol's name as his fake name based on what Light analyzed.
Dat girl student likes L? Nice eye confirmed.

BTW, Ryuk is probably a handsome one compared to his peers.

A side note, I watched the recap of last ep at the beginning of this ep, the way Light did with the mini TV was bullshit. Like you won't be found looking into the crisp packet or the TV being on inside of it under 64 cameras? Seriously?
Orikasa_MomijiApr 13, 2017 5:41 AM
Sep 15, 2017 5:29 AM

May 2014
I think I love L, holy cow XD
I'm with Kyoko, I like the guy on the right lmao
I nearly threw my desk out of the window when he just told Light who he was.

I knew I was right about Light being suspicious because he's trying too much to be the "good son". Nobody is that perfect...so you could say perfection itself is the most suspicious thing. His god complex is getting out of hand!

What an entertaining twist though- Light and L are the top two students in the same university. I love it.
Their interactions are great, and this "friendship" performance is gonna be hilarious to watch!!

People be saying L looks shabby, but he still took the time to put some shoes on so...

Also laughed at Light's little bitch-fit at the end of the episode- with his feathers so easily ruffled it's even more evident that his egotistical, bratty nature is gonna have a detrimental effect on his plans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2018 9:17 AM

Aug 2014
So I hope L(the monkey) finally dies in the next 2-3 episodes and we get to see who got second death note as was said in first ep that there are two lost.

Light is the main bad guy :D this villain laughter ;d

and I want to know who this cute girl in OP is :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 9, 2018 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
I really don't like L's english voice ><;
I'm not usually picky about those things but eugh.

Dec 28, 2018 3:59 PM

Mar 2017
currently rewatching this show raw and loving it.

'watashi wa eru desu' gave me goosebumps!
Feb 9, 2019 5:21 AM

Dec 2018
Even L admit that Light is too perfect, LOL.

Finally someone scold L way of sitting

L should be questioned for using that pop idol's name

That evil laugh at the end make me laugh 2

Things are getting interesting
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 20, 2019 6:03 PM

Feb 2019
Really hope Ryuk would help Light out :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 14, 2019 8:05 PM
Apr 2018
Light should've acted a bit more surprised when L introduced himself; he looked too cool.

Jesus, and L looks creppy as hell.
May 22, 2020 6:16 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Gosh, L is just a big old creep creep weirdo. Ewww.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
May 24, 2020 11:39 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
L has some balls, I did not expect him to do this play. Just straight up telling Light who he is.

But it had the desired effect!
Jul 10, 2020 10:32 PM

Jun 2020
my jaw dropped when L did that. he did that

just like light i wasn’t expecting him to just go up and say he’s L lmfao what a legend

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 18, 2020 3:17 AM
Oct 2019
The very Major mistake Light made for which he's been a suspect among 7 billion people is that when he killed that Double L person which was broadcasted in Kanto region at the very beginning. If not that mistake then he would've been a flawless God
Nov 25, 2020 9:44 PM
Aug 2020
"No... These aren't acts of god. But someone very childish and immature who wants to pretend they're god. That's what's going on here." -L

I got chills during this part. L and Light are two sides of the same coin; both very clever, both similar in their personalities in a lot of ways. I found it interesting that Naomi picked up on that just from a few minutes of talking to Light. It's too bad she got taken out as quickly as she did, but it's obvious that this is going to be a battle of wits between L and Light.

Nice twist with both Light and L scoring the highest on the entrance exams. Things just got a whole lot more interesting...

Honestly, I kind of regret having waited so long to watch this. It's such a good show, and not at all what I expected.
tinywoodenrobotNov 25, 2020 9:53 PM
Nov 25, 2020 10:02 PM
Aug 2020
ribbonaffair said:
my jaw dropped when L did that. he did that

just like light i wasn’t expecting him to just go up and say he’s L lmfao what a legend

Same... I spent a good thirty seconds flailing around, lol.
Jan 4, 2021 4:45 PM

Jan 2020
the battle has officially started~!

i don't know which side to cheer on.
i mean light is a pretty entertaining murderer. and it's just interesting from his perspective.
but i mean L's side is also worthy. like very worthy.

idk this is too hard to choose.
3099Jan 4, 2021 4:48 PM
Jan 21, 2021 11:26 PM
Jul 2014
First off-I’m rlly glad there’s a bunch of new watchers in 2020 and even the person above me in 2021! Awesome!

This is my 1st rewatch and I just wanna say this anime is pretty awesome. I’m still rlly enjoying it BUT I just wanna say... how SHORT this whole cat and mouse game coulda been if Light’s Mom, sister, or—god forbid—his FATHER (just take a night off from work and chill at home w your fam for once...sheesh) listened outside of Light’s door. He talks to himself (Ryuk) WAYYYYYY much (at normal talking volume too). How could one NOT hear his manic laughing and scheming everyday, lol...
Jan 27, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
I had a couple little issues with this episode, nothing too gamechanging but I feel like they should've been a bit better addressed. Firstly, the whole scenario of Light only having a 5% suspicion rate from L and mainly focusing on how L's trying to learn more about Light almost like he's solely focusing on him even though the percentage is that slim. Either L on the inside, deeply suspects Light (like a 50% chance instead of 5 like he tells the rest of the force) but tries to get him to budge into some potential traps to get some answers before he reveals to the force on what he really feels about Light Yagami as a potential suspect to be Kira. Secondly, Light does talk to himself a little too much at night, especially with the laugh at the end. Maybe some little things like the sister telling him to be quiet at night or his mom, just to show that while he's talking to himself, its not loud and obvious enough for the others around his place to get what he's saying while also maintaining the fact that the rest of the family have working ears when their son just screams and laughs maniacally in the middle of the night.

Regardless of those, I did love how L just quickly but Light in a mental check mode, by revealing himself in front of Light while having the alias of a pop star who has the same name. Since if Light does choose to write down L's alias, it just kills the pop star instead and immediately its checkmate and game over for Light. Plus it would be too suspicious for Light's part if L dies quickly since he made it clear to the public that he's contacted Light a few times and got the same score as Light in the exams too and delivered the speech together as well. L's trapped Light already, but Light's at least aware of it and can figure out with time on how to navigate through this murky situation by befriending L for a bit, learn by some chance his true name and kill him off at a later time where he doesn't feel as suspicious as he would now if he tried anything. Good intensity yet again.
May 20, 2021 11:44 PM

Feb 2021
Botato said:
Zadion said:
The problem I have is that I think it's ridiculous for L to put this much effort into investigating a few people whom he admits have no more than a 5% chance of being Kira. The fact that Light is Kira is irrelevant, because L doesn't know that; "detective's intuition" is not a good enough excuse to focus on something so insignificant. Kira continues to kill countless people (23 a day?); I'd think this would be an urgent enough situation that L would put more effort into an investigation that has more likelihood of turning results than a measly 5%.
He doesn't have any other leads and everything he learned about the situation thus far led him to that 5%. Now obviously when that 5% is the only thing he has going for his case he would focus on it. Throwing it away because it's a small number is not practical from L's point of view especially considering the wasted effort if he starts over.

And how exactly would he go about finding a higher likelihood if this 5% came from Kira killing FBI agents that targeted a small group of people from the police; something relatively specific? If that only has a 5% chance then anything else he might try to get a lead would probably not even be 1%.

I'd say chances are this 5% is just bullshit and he's more than 50% sure at least though.

Zadion said:
Which brings me to my next point: L and the police force are curiously lackadaisical about this considering the urgency of the situation. As I said, huge numbers of people are dying, and each day Light lives, a lot more people are going to die. Why, then, are they so relaxed? Would they press harder at finding Kira immediately if it was innocent people being killed instead of criminals? If so, it's easy to assume they view the criminals as lesser humans whose lives are worth less value anyway, and that completely negates the purpose of their investigation to begin with - if they believe the lives of the criminals are worth less than the lives of the innocent, then they are essentially agreeing with Light.
But they are doing their best. It's just that what they can do is very limited, especially when there are so few people working on the case.

Zadion said:
And that completely ignores the fact that no one has even bothered to question how Kira is killing people like this. The methods of death and the fact he controls how they die and what they do before dying to the levels he does is more than enough proof that he's using some type of supernatural means, something that would typically be questioned.
I don't see how that helps them in the investigation. They figured out that they have to hide their names and faces to not be killed by this mysterious power or person, that's all they need to know for now. They can get the details when the case is over; no point in wasting time trying to figure out the method.

Woah you both should have joined the detectives lol. You both are putting your points very well!

May 20, 2021 11:45 PM

Feb 2021
Yeah L finally meets Light in person. Now the game of wits in close proximity situation begins....

Aug 31, 2021 7:24 PM

May 2019
Ryuk has mad contortionist skills!

LOL L just perches and looks so wack.
Oct 17, 2021 9:58 PM

Nov 2019
I was surprised when L did that! This anime is getting better and better each episode.

Also, I'm supposed to be studying, but here I am.
Nov 8, 2021 9:18 AM
Nov 2020
L's confrontation with Light is epic af.
Jan 30, 2022 7:37 AM

Jan 2022
May 12, 2022 1:06 AM
Apr 2022
This show is getting better
May 29, 2022 8:17 PM
May 2022
i think that Light being shocked at L's presence really shows how intelligent L is. obviously he suspects that Light is Kira (even if he admits it's a very low chance), so admitting to being L is a really smart move. i'm very excited to see this battle of wits play out in later episodes
Aug 27, 2022 5:50 AM
Jan 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 10, 2022 1:33 PM
Jul 2022
yes theyre finally actually gonna meet and fight and also i completely forgot that light could literally just straign up stab him he doesnt need his name
Oct 2, 2022 11:31 PM
Sep 2021
L finally revealed to light his identity, now it's looking a lot more interesting.

I give it 6/10
Oct 23, 2022 7:04 PM
May 2022
Finally, L met Light. Which means any single episode after this one could show if L, or Light will be found out. However, since L is one of the main characters... I'm guessing that's not going to happen.
Oct 24, 2022 11:02 AM
Jul 2021
Lightooo, b-boku wa suki desu..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

28 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 21, 2007

121 by misterskinny »»
Apr 27, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 26, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.