Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a popular manga you just can't stand?

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2014 10:10 AM
Oct 2012
keragamming said:
kagamiin said:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi , One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Noblesse ( Webtoon, does it count?) , Kimi to Iru Machi, Freezing. but mostly Kuroku no Basuke ;_;.

Troll account. U list noblesse but yet it's in your favorite manga list. Fail....

Sorry about that. I think I had added that when I was on older chapters. The new ones... are well, just overrated crap.
Mar 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
Hkig said:
Naruto because of Naruto...least favorite protagonist ever.

victor2195 said:
One Piece... just cant see how that art style and MC can bring so many fans.. i dropped it 10 eps and manga.. i think 5-7 chapters..

another manga is HighSchool DxD (no so popular but i think its somewhat popular) i hate the MC but i stay for the boobies ofcs.. MC can die but no the girls O_O

Are you two seriously complaining about the MC of One Piece and Naruto while having Ichigo in your avatar?
Mar 18, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:
One Piece... just cant see how that art style and MC can bring so many fans.. i dropped it 10 eps and manga.. i think 5-7 chapters..

another manga is HighSchool DxD (no so popular but i think its somewhat popular) i hate the MC but i stay for the boobies ofcs.. MC can die but no the girls O_O

Are you two seriously complaining about the MC of One Piece and Naruto while having Ichigo in your avatar?

But Ichigo is sooooo awesome and badass.
Mar 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

And well written character, better written than characters like Kiritsugu, at least.
Mar 18, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

And well written character, better written than characters like Kiritsugu, at least.

Yes, aren't you a genius?
Mar 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I don't think I deserve the title of a genius, at least not for pointing out obvious stuff.
Mar 18, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I don't think I deserve the title of a genius, at least not for pointing out obvious stuff.

I think you do, though. Your IQ is so high you've evolved beyond the transcendental subject to perceive reality above human reason. Common plebeians will always say you are insane for your ideas not making sense, but it's merely because they can't comprehend you, which is why I think we should create the Tsudecimo Award and give it to you every year so that people will acknowledge you as the genius you are rather than a crazy man. Soon people start raising statues for you across the globe and start a new religion, with you and Tite Kubo as their gods. When the whole world is finally under your enlightened guidance, you'll lead humanity to the glory of conquering the stars.
Mar 19, 2014 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
tsudecimo said:
Litrydow said:
yhunata said:
Hkig said:

victor2195 said:

I think you do, though. Your IQ is so high you've evolved beyond the transcendental subject to perceive reality above human reason. Common plebeians will always say you are insane for your ideas not making sense, but it's merely because they can't comprehend you, which is why I think we should create the Tsudecimo Award and give it to you every year so that people will acknowledge you as the genius you are rather than a crazy man. Soon people start raising statues for you across the globe and start a new religion, with you and Tite Kubo as their gods. When the whole world is finally under your enlightened guidance, you'll lead humanity to the glory of conquering the stars.

tl;dr
Mar 23, 2014 2:43 AM
Dec 2013
orithyea said:
I'm updated in Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail (and other shounen), but I can't get myself to read One Piece. I stopped at the ninth chapter.

Same as me, I really don't like One Piece. I stop when the hit cloud city, I think
Mar 23, 2014 2:46 AM
Dec 2013
You are not alone my friend. I really don't like Attack On Titans, and One Piece, I think it is overrated, maybe. For Nisekoi, it like a Line Chart, its goes up and down, there is good chapter, then next week it a bad chapter with a bad character I hate with a passion
Mar 24, 2014 9:45 AM
Mar 2014
Well there are only a few mangas which I've dropped cuz I couldn't stand em
Vampire knight, one piece and sailor moon
I love the anime of one piece but couldn't stand the manga...maybe its the art?
I just read till ch7?8? Dunno of sailor moon and immediately dropped it...ugh couldn't stand it
Same goes for VK...read till ch20...I tried but I couldn't understand what the fuss was bout?, its nothing special or maybe it's just me
Mar 24, 2014 9:51 AM

Oct 2008
I don't like the most popular series either. There may be a couple of exceptions, but most of my favorites are obscure ones most people haven't heard of. I'm also very much in love with the 80s and 90s era. Something that most people don't bother with these days.
Mar 24, 2014 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
okay.. There seems many hate for one piece again. The art style take some time for you to feel comfortable, one piece gets better at chapter 69 after that it keeps getting better and one piece have slow pacing it takes some times for you to enjoy it.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Mar 24, 2014 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
Our Happy Hours, good, but fucking overrated, doesn't deserve the second place.
Mar 26, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
Fairytale, Kenichi and Attack on Titan, they just don't appeal to me...
Mar 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
Fairy tale, Assassination Classroom, and One punch-man. No. Just no!! To these.
Mar 26, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
Fullmetal Alcehemist, One Piece. Yotsubato, and Jojo

Those are the only manga on the top 30 manga that I have a problem with them being there
Mar 26, 2014 10:37 PM

Nov 2012
Blue Exorcist.
I just it to be really generic. I wouldn't say I can't stand it, but the hype makes it seem so amazing and then you're just hit in the face with mediocrity.
Mar 27, 2014 11:11 AM
Dec 2013
Highschool DxD. Never reading that again.
Mar 30, 2014 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
I used to love Nisekoi but now ~ I hate it.
Apr 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
vampire knight...I honestly am not entirely sure why. I liked it a bit at first but as I got further into the series I found myself really losing interest and disliking the characters.

But about One piece, It has over 700 chapters, naturally you aren't going to understand the "hype" or appeal after reading 10 or 20 of those 700+ chapters.
Apr 1, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
I really hate Kenichi. It's just so weird

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Our Happy Hours, good, but fucking overrated, doesn't deserve the second place.

I agree with that.
Apr 1, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
I've recently realized I dislike Bleach way more than I thought

Like Naruto, the anime has great music and animation, but the manga? Pacing is shit, arcs are bland and repetitive, Ichigo is boring, only a few villains are memorable and the fights are really...formulaic.

The fact that the -final arc- is no different than an average one is pretty sad

Even most of the fans admit they only read it for the fights and can't name any other real merits to it, apparently.

Though Kubo can make up some catchy names.
Apr 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2013
Kaimon said:

Like Naruto, the anime has great music and animation, but the manga? Pacing is shit, arcs are bland and repetitive, Ichigo is boring, only a few villains are memorable and the fights are really...formulaic.

Even most of the fans admit they only read it for the fights and can't name any other real merits to it, apparently.

THE HEART
Apr 1, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
Assassination Classroom, and One punch-man. No. Just no!! To these.

Why?

CrayonPop420 said:
Yotsubato

You have no heart.
Apr 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
CrayonPop420 said:
Jojo

You have no balls.

Apr 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
Cupquake said:
Kaimon said:

THE HEART

#IAmTheEdge
Apr 2, 2014 2:18 AM

Oct 2013
Faster than a Kiss...if i could snap the necks of some of those characters
Good Ending
Welcome to NHK ( i think its popular)
Apr 2, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Bleach. Definitely Bleach. It's become a second DBZ, tbh.
Apr 2, 2014 8:15 PM
Feb 2014
Not really, if it's popular then there has to be a reason. I'm not a big fan of Bleach but it has some good fights so I don't really dislike it.
Apr 2, 2014 8:23 PM

Jan 2014
Oyasumi Punpun. I don't read it, just can't stand the art. Looks really creepy.
Apr 3, 2014 1:44 AM

Apr 2011
lazengann94 said:
Bleach. Definitely Bleach. It's become a second DBZ, tbh.

A much worse DBZ.
Apr 3, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
Toriko- I hate the mc :/
Apr 4, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
The big three. I swallowed my annoyance towards their fandom and gave them an honest chance, but even then I couldn't like them. It was either too childish, too uninteresting, or too ridiculous for my taste.
Even after putting my preconceived ideas about them aside I could not find either of them enjoyable, so I maintained my opinion that they are highly overrated mediocre stories, whose 4 out of 5 fans are obnoxious, uneducated and unpleasant in my experience.

P.S.: Mediocre doesn't mean bad, it means mediocre.
P.P.S.: I have met decent people who are fans of one or more of the big three, it's just that they seem to be a rare breed.
Apr 4, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
Anaxagoras said:
The big three. I swallowed my annoyance towards their fandom and gave them an honest chance, but even then I couldn't like them. It was either too childish, too uninteresting, or too ridiculous for my taste.
Even after putting my preconceived ideas about them aside I could not find either of them enjoyable, so I maintained my opinion that they are highly overrated mediocre stories, whose 4 out of 5 fans are obnoxious, uneducated and unpleasant in my experience.

P.P.S.: I have met decent people who are fans of one or more of the big three, it's just that they seem to be a rare breed.

So because they didn't appeal to -you-, they're mediocre?
Apr 7, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2009
One Piece - I tried, yes, I tried but ... I just can't. This manga is way too annoying for me. I can't stand the art, the story, the characters, just everything.
And oh, I seriously couldn't stand Good Ending.

"Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils"
Vicious. Cowboy Bebop
Apr 8, 2014 6:59 AM
Jun 2011
Naruto, fairy tail.
Man I feel like a hipster haha
Apr 9, 2014 2:30 AM
Sep 2011
most the big shounen are trash, Bleach, Fairty Tail, Naruto in that order of crapness.

Surprised amount of OP hate here, probably from people who gave up on it with in the first 10 chapters. Its true the first like even 50 chapters of One Piece are hard to get through, but once u do it becomes in a league of its own for one of the never ending Shounens.

CrayonPop420 said:
Fullmetal Alcehemist, Yotsubato, and Jojo

Those are the only manga on the top 30 manga that I have a problem with them being there

You are one odd person.
Apr 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
Naruto, Bleach. DBZ and Death Note.

Kaimon said:
Anaxagoras said:

So because they didn't appeal to -you-, they're mediocre?

Have you ever heard the term subjective?
Apr 9, 2014 1:18 PM
Mar 2014
Behemoth11 said:
Akame ga Kiru~average action with rape
Behemoth11 said:

Take it back
Apr 9, 2014 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys over Flower) ---- get that crap away from me >_>
I can't even fathom the reason it's #1 in the shoujo world.

(I hope I didn't offend anyone with my dislike; to each its own)
Apr 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
Berto5432 said:
Behemoth11 said:
Behemoth11 said:

Take it back

I'll help: Average action with rape and clowns

Helped/

Also, Agk is fucking awful
Apr 12, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
AqworldThunder said:

Have you ever heard the term subjective?

....and again, something not appealing to -your- tastes and preferences doesn't necessarily mean it's overrated or mediocre, a lot of times it just means it isn't for you

It's like saying Cowboy Bebop is mediocre/overrated and your sole reason being "because it's episodic".
Apr 13, 2014 2:48 AM
Mar 2010
One Piece. Dropped the anime due to its crap pace. Picked up the manga and after reading 2-3 chapters, i just can't stand it. There's just too much background detail which dosen't seem well drawn or put much effort into it. It just seems so chaotic and ugly.

Also the characters although have interesting personalities, they are so static. If they do recieve some development, they just got undone in the next arc which becomes really tiresome.
Apr 15, 2014 6:39 PM
Feb 2014
Yeah, I hate everything popular because I'm a fucking retard who wants to stand out really badly.
Apr 16, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2009
DigestingAnime said:
Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys over Flower) ---- get that crap away from me >_>
I can't even fathom the reason it's #1 in the shoujo world.

(I hope I didn't offend anyone with my dislike; to each its own)

Yes, I understand you really hate it but it's not crap. Overall, it's one of the best shoujo ever made :) that's the reason why it's 1# ( or whatever )
AakiraApr 16, 2014 8:07 AM

"Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils"
Vicious. Cowboy Bebop
Apr 16, 2014 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
one piece
Apr 18, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2010
one piece and all the popular generic slice of life/romance/shouju mangas
Apr 27, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2014
I just couldn't get into Kagerou Days. Everyone is obsessed with K project stuff but I don't like the manga or anime.
Apr 28, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
Naruto, it long turned into a typical shounen anime power scale thing now.
Bleach, had the perfect opportunity to end (TWICE - final aizen arc, substitute shinigami arc)
Attack on titan, I just... don't get it, is it the fights or, was there some comedy I missed? (not trolling seriously, what makes this the greatest anime ever...)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

385 by PurpleViola »»
2 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

29 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

154 by d_t_a0811 »»
Yesterday, 1:13 PM

» Western Studio Adaptation of Berserk (Thoughts?)

FlydayEthan - Yesterday

0 by FlydayEthan »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

» Thoughts on long manga?

Chuckiemuffin - Feb 29

28 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.