Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 10, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
Dammit Kaname. There's enough problems as it is.

I hope the boatdrift ceremony happens soon. I'd rather they don't end the show with it.

The sea people could at least tell the surface people about the saltflake snow thing and their hibernation. What a bunch of assholes.

A timeskip might be really awesome if they did it right. Then Sayu will be old enough to hit on Kaname.
Dec 10, 2013 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
Hikari, follow Kaname's example and man up you fucking mongoose
Dec 10, 2013 8:50 PM

Oct 2007
IShipIT_AD said:
OMG, I ended up posting before I got properly done with it by mistake earlier.

Love this series. Watched all 10 episodes in a row, and I'm loving it. Love the premise, plot, characters and relationship progression. And OMG, the relationship drama. Its got me hooked on it like fish on bait! :D

I might be one of the few, but I adore all of the main cast [and the supporting casts as well]. Of course I have a favorite [Chisaki] and I love some a bit more than others [Tsumugu=Kaname=Hikari >Manaka], but that has more to do with personality archetypes, rather than there being anything to actually dislike.

I just really like them and feel they're all plenty likable and relatable, or grow to be, with no exceptions whatsoever. People hating on one or the other for something or the other are not trying to read the character in their most sympathetic light, imo.

And I think this series is so underrated. It’s not generating as much discussion as I would like. And OMG the shipping potential is amazing<3

One of the best things about this series, is that they've developed the relationships between all of the main cast so well, that romantically, development in any direction would make sense, and that makes it really hard to predict where it’s going to eventually go. And that is a very rare thing to see in a romance drama. I love it. I’m thoroughly enjoying all the episodes, especially since I appreciate all the relationship dynamics in the series for the most part.

Excuse me for this Massive inevitably ship-spazzy-character-centric text. [I’m unloading everything all at once] :D So, its gonna be shipping shipping shipping!!! Mostly and a bit of other stuff.

Ep. 9 [pre-Ep 10 thoughts].

I’m seriously anticipating more details about the whys/whats/hows of the calamity everyone’s hyping up and how exactly they’re going to resolve it.

Aside from that, I'm seeing increasingly polarized overreactions to anything the main casts do in every episode. It’s like people expect the feelings and the relationships to be set in stone right from the get go.

In any case, isn’t it good conflicts are being introduced between them right now, so they can get some development from a perspective a fair distance away and outside of the bubble of their current pre-occupations to prompt development? I think it’s great that things aren’t being resolved too quickly.

If they're ever going to get together at all, they're going to have to break apart for a period of time and develop with others while maintaining their friendship, strained or otherwise, before they begin to realize they don’t want to be apart from each other after all [or get together as more than friends only to realize the exact opposite.] It just remains to be seen how it’s all going to go down.

Episode 9 did two crucial things.
1. hyped the impending Calamity.
2. it picked the two most complex relationships from the intricate tangle of relations that is the main cast and subjected them to the initial hurdle of the existing points of conflict between them.

I'd like to point out that the two relationships the series chose to drive a wedge between and escalate tensions, right before things get tense on a larger scale, are HikariManaka and TsumuguChisaki. This is not to say that they will become endgame, but that this episode gave us a glimpse of what angle of angst they're going to play to the hilt before levelling on the endgame pairings.

I want TsumuguChisaki and HikariManaka rather than the more predictable ManakaTsumugu.

Hikari and Manaka

As much as I sympathize with Hikari [man, I’ve really grown to like this kid], I don’t think it’s fair to hate on Manaka at all. She's done nothing wrong other than to understandably overreact to something unexpected and unfamiliar to her. I can't say what exactly prompted her to push him off, but I reckon that while it may be a combination of things like Tsumugu, Chisaki, confusion and overwhelmingness, I'm also banking that an onslaught of unfamiliar emotions springing up when he hugged her, scaring her to death; might be the primary cause. The episode is called Unknown warmth for a reason. Manaka has never thought about seeing Hikari in a romantic light right until then; so of course it was shocking. I don’t see any blatant rejections, only suggestions/ or perceptions of it.

Tsumugu>Chisaki<Kaname

Since Tsumugu’s obvious interest in Chisaki became evident [I notice many are reluctant to consider the romantic implications in it, even though the OP sorta blatantly implies it too, but whatever, I get that this is mostly because, such a development is disappointing and discouraging for the Manaka-Tsumugu and Hikari-Chisaki shippers], I can’t consider Tsumugu-Manaka as a ship [I’d] be interested in anymore.

Not because I don’t see the series going there anymore, [its still possible], but because Chisaki being Tsumugu’s first preoccupation sealed the deal for me in the other direction.

The Tsumugu-Manaka ship can’t get any better than the complexities and tension represented in the Tsumugu-Chisaki ship for me. I think we’re bound to get a star-crossed, transcending-conflicts-between-land/sea dwellers romance ship among the main cast [aside from Akari-Itoru, who are supporting cast] anyway, and among the main cast, Tsumugu-Chisaki best exemplifies to me, the ultimate resolution to the conflict between land and sea, because of what each of them metaphorically represent [ change V. anti-change].

But if it doesn't eventually go there and I really want it to, I'm okay. I’m quite pleased with the angle of angst introduced in Ep 9. I love Tsumugu's preoccupation with Chisaki's romantic aspirations and her emotional state of mind. I also love Kaname’s preoccupation with Chisaki as well. I love how it seems like both Tsumugu and Kaname seem to be somewhat aware of the other’s interest in Chisaki. And I’m willing to bet Kaname is finally going to make a move on Chisaki because he sees the potential of Tsumugu-Chisaki and wants to cockblock it XD [lol, the calamity might have something to do with it as well]

What I got from him, was that as long as it was just Hikari, he was content to wait things out [I’m convinced that either -he was aware that Hikari-Chisaki wouldn’t go anywhere because of Manaka, and eventually Chisaki might potentially fall into his arms when he makes his move at exactly the right time or -he would be willing to step aside if Manaka went for Tsumugu and Hikari-Chisaki happened, because Hikari is his best-friend and Hikari is who Chisaki really wants], but now that Tsumugu’s unpredictably inserted himself into the other side of the love equation, I expect he sees a real potential of losing Chisaki to the surface, [if she allows herself that kind of leeway], and he does nothing to prevent it.

I’m also very curious to see how far Chisaki’s going to avoid thinking rationally about Tsumugu now that she’s decided she despises him. It’s probably going to take a very long time for her to come to terms with him and what he could represent for her. The tension between these three is perfect to me. I love how there’s the beginnings of an actual love triangle at work here unlike the other one. I’m really all on board for it.

Tsumugu and Chisaki is where my heart's really at. I love them individually as much as I love them together. I quite like Hikari X Manaka, Kaname X Chisaki and Hikari X Chisaki too, but I love them more individually than as a pair.

I'm probably one of the very few people that actually sees this excruciatingly wonderful ship, but I've been sold on Tsumugu X Chisaki since Ep. 5, and with Ep. 9 and 10 giving me exactly what I wanted [hoped for & predicted], it’s definitively shaping up to be my OTP of the series.

Heck, it is already The OTP of this series for me as of now, despite how much I really like Kaname X Chisaki and how much I like both, HikariXChisaki and HikariXManaka.

I love Manaka and I really like her interactions with Tsumugu, but while they come off as sweet, endearing and friendly, they don't come off as intimate, romantic or intense, [to me] and if they do at all, it’s always on Manaka's end. In other words, it’s lacking the romantic tension to draw me in. Recent episodes have driven home that she [or others] simply doesn't register on Tsumugu's perceptive radar the way Chisaki does. Period.

Ep. 10

The calamity sounds as intensely eerie and ominous as they amped it up to be in previous episodes. Love how much tension, uncertainty, confusion, and restrained emotion is evident in the interactions between the main cast.

I don’t like the whole sleep thing. Its just way too creepy and menacing for my tastes. However, I kind of see the potential of a time-skip. I didn’t like the time-skip idea at first, but it does pose some interesting possibilities if it does happen, so I’m not entirely opposed to it.

That detail about Uroku-sama being in love with a human girl was delicious. I want to know more.

And OMG Kaname !!! Yes! Go Kiddo!! Fantastic character development right there, though I do think that since it happened so damn fast, it will eventually work against him to the end.

But He confessed! I hadn’t expected that. I totally thought he’d make some kind of a blatantly romantic move on her that will leave Chisaki with no doubt that he likes her, developing both of them a bit, but I didn’t expect him to bluntly come right out with it. I do believe its desperation that got him to do so. I’m thrilled he played his cards straight, but at the same time, I also feel like he played all of his cards way too soon.

And this unfortunately, [or fortunately for me, since I love Tsumugu X Chisaki more], means that whatever development they might get the next couple of episodes now, may ensure that they do not make it to endgame. Especially since for Chisaki this really seems to be coming out of nowhere. Same goes for Tsumugu’s declaration last episode. Lol, poor Chisaki, she now has to deal with confusing emotions with respect to not one or two, but three guys, that she has a very unique range of feelings for; [though as much as I like Hikari and Hikari X Chisaki too, he’s obviously not really in the running here].

Reason I ship Tsumugu over Kaname with her is simply because Tsumugu gets under her skin in a way Kaname doesn’t and it’s something that even Kaname notices about her in Ep 9.

[not to mention, he seems fully aware of Tsumugu being the real proverbial elephant in their relationship- I like how he pokes fun at her or rather teases her about him in Ep 10, while she pretends to not give a fuck about the land boy that she has had very intimate conversations with- She seems to be playing the classic avoidance game and suppressing her feelings the same way she usually does- and Kaname means to take full advantage of it.- I also like her sideways glance when Tsumugu speaks. It’s pretty evident that there’s undercurrents of something between them-whatever it is. And, that it’s not quite over for them yet. Which is why I’m feeling the whole Kaname X Chisake train gradually, but steadily heading into a bit of a wreck.]

Back to Hikari and Manaka, even though I fully believe Manaka likes Tsumugu for all the right reasons, and is romantically attracted to him, I don't think there's any doubt at all that Hi-kun is the most important centre of her universe and no one, not even Tsumugu can beat that.

[Not that he wants to try mind you, I don't get how no one's caught on to the fact that there's no actual love triangle here [yet], Any Manaka-Tsumugu we've seen in the past 9 +10 episodes have been Manaka --> Tsumugu and Hikari's angst regarding them. It’s more like they're playing up the angst of a possible Manaka-Tsumugu for Hikari and others who are affected by it, rather than it being an actual, existing reality. ]

Tsumugu is oblivious and/or simply not curious or interested in the romantic dynamics of Hikari-Manaka despite being witness to plenty of such evident flags. I can only say that it really doesn't matter to him whether Manaka and Hikari are romantically interested in each other or not-which is why he simply hasn't bothered to think along those lines where they are concerned.

In contrast, he is curious about Chisaki's romantic aspirations. He is always the one that initiates their conversations. I can understand a bit why some people have begun to feel like post- Ep. 4 Tsumugu seems a little overbearing or attempting to push forward his opinions where Chisaki is concerned, but I’m feeling like that might be intentional.

Maybe it’s because it’s Chisaki that he is unusually more emotive, involved and confrontational than he normally is. You don't see him being that forward or edgy or demanding with anyone else the way he is with Chisaki. I am sticking to my assumption that this is because he has some kind of vested romantic interest in her [meaning he cares for her way more than he should].
[Back to Ep.9]

This also comes back to people not quite getting why Chisaki was so angry with Tsumugu last episode- It’s not only because he gets right to the heart of her matter, but also because Tsumugu really doesn't get it all- that he is in fact, the catalyst and original source of all the drama in the first place. Its why she says he doesn't understand anything, because even if he understands the crux of her problem, even if he's being kind, he's oblivious to the bigger picture.

Essentially, all he's seeing is her. All he's concerned about is how she feels and how she should make herself feel better, because that's all he is aware of. Other aspects are escaping his notice because, [like it or not] for the last 5 episodes or more, Chisaki has been the object of his preoccupation.

She's infuriated [quite irrationally] with him, because even though she can’t help liking the guy for being kind, she still resents him for being the catalyst to everyone ‘changing’ [[something the series has made it a point to note that Chisaki is very much resistant to]] and he does not even know it. From her POV, she’s feeling like he has no right to confuse her further and tell her he likes her the way she is and to not change, when she’s been trying hard to adapt to events he set in motion in the first place.

Tsumugu is a metaphorical symbol of change for her and also the one that’s pushing her the hardest to change, but in ways unfamiliar to her, and that is what she despises most about him. But this also means he is able to get under her skin like no one else can. He’s confusing her and unsettling her, so it’s easier to hate him and pretend like he hadn’t said anything worth thinking about.

For Tsumugu, the edge to his voice comes when she begins to tell him exactly why she’s giving up on Hikari. He is not liking that she is neglecting her feelings because she can’t forgive herself for liking Hkari. From the incomplete picture he has, he can’t see why she needs to forgive herself for feeling the way she does. It bothers him so much that he directly blurts out to her that he does not dislike the way she is to reassure her, but unfortunately for him, his well-meaning sentence backfires on hm.

All he really wants is to make her feel better, but he keeps putting his foot in his mouth and making her angry instead. I feel really sorry for Tsumugu in all this. He really has the disadvantage because he’s from the land and the outsider that cares more than he should. He can’t chase after her the way Kaname can when she runs away from him too. Something about that got to me.

I love how visibly shaken he is after their departure together, and I especially loved that lost look and fist-clenching, angsty bit of fire-staring he did later on.

I really hope that someday, she puts him out of his misery. [I hope the same for Hikari too, who’s been similarly shown to be more expressively angst-ing because of Manaka. Kaname seemed to be getting a bit antsy as well, but I found it interesting that the focus on him [and Manaka with Tsumugu’s grandfather as well] was mostly one-ended, and involved them gaining some kind of insight into the object of their romantic interest. –[which I believe will eventually [much later in the series] help them let go/accept that Chisaki/Tsumugu is not meant for him/her] Manaka also has Hikari to contend with as well]

Yes. I’m very much in love with this ship. i just like it more because the potential for angst and conflict is maximum in this route and we do atleast get that starcrossed land-sea romance ship between two of the main cast, with the refreshing twist being, that its not the predictable Manaka X Tsumugu that everyone thought it would be.

And for those that feel Tsumugu is bland, or not emotive enough [I don't really think so, for the record:D nor do I think he’s depressing or abnormally philosophical for his age. He hasn’t really come up with anything that complex for his age yet.], this route would effectively rectify that XD.

Becaaause, LOL, there's no doubt at all its going to take a lot of emoting and effort on his part to make a girl like Chisaki, who's so resistant to change and leaving the sea for the surface [not to mention other roadblocks like her feelings for Hikari, Kaname's feelings for her, Manaka's feelings for Tsumugu & the UrokuSama-land/sea dweller-SeaGod-conflict etc. etc. ], to be willing to let herself fall in love with him.

And because of it, out of all of them, she does seem to have the most potential to shake him. [[I really loved that lost look and that still bit of angsty fire-staring he did after Chisaki and Kaname left together<3]].

As it stands now, [and they could keep going back and forth on it] I believe, its evident that each of the main cast, [Tsumugu included] have become potentially entangled, and consciously or subconsciously attached themselves to a potential love that's bound to be the most challenging, painful and difficult route for them.

For the record, I don't think there's been any actual romantic development in any particular direction thus far, but the seeds for it have been definitively sown. Ep. 9 just hit the tip of that iceberg. I'm thoroughly anticipating that moment when they finally take that actual romantic plunge. [Kaname is the boss, because he went there first. A blatantly direct confession without mincing any words and making his romantic intentions perfectly clear.]

Anyways, this is how I see it! And I don’t really care if it doesn’t go my way. I’m just in it for the ride. If you really care about the characters; people need to brace themselves for a number of abrupt breaks and shifts in their pairing dynamics before the true climactic end pulls through.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last two episodes, as I have every episode before. I thrive on timely conflict angst and tension between my chosen pairs, and I can't really lament on it when that's what makes me root for them anyway.

Gosh, it’s been forever since I’ve been so excited for a series and involved myself in any shipping. [ I’d really hate for it to get ugly though. Shipping’s supposed to be a fun exercise.]

And Gosh, I’m awfully embarrassed at how long and shippy my post is, but I needed to get it out there. I wish there were more Tsumugu X Chisaki shippers out there<3 I’d love to spazz some more about their crazy potential.

It was a long read, but well worth it, thank you, you convinced me!

(I couldn't get Tsumugu in any way, now I get it)
Dec 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Oct 2011
Kaname's confession... poor Chisaki. I'm sure she still likes Hikari so now she's in a really awkward position. The whole sleeping for 50/100 years thing is so weird, would they still be young kids when they woke up or really old? I'm thinking either a timeskip or they manage to stop the upcoming disaster.
Dec 12, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2011
A time skip wouldn't make much sense since the people on the surface would have died by the time they woke up. Most likely scenario is that they manage to somehow strengthen the sea god with their Ofunehiki ritual.

So far the relationship diagram looks something like this:

Sayu --> Kaname --> Chisaki --> Hikari --> Manaka --> Tsumugu
Dec 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
IShipIT_AD said:
Longest post I ever did see. I have to admit I skimmed quite a bit, but I do agree about Tsumugu x Chisaki being one of the most interesting pairings, I thought that since last episode. Personally I just can't manage to ship any of them, because they're all just such great characters. I do slightly prefer Chisaki x Tsumugu over Chisaki x Kaname... however either of those pairs would satisfy me. I will say too that from the start, I wanted Hikari x Manaka, but I think that's just as predictable as her with Tsumugu. Not saying that I'd rather Kaname x Manaka or anything, and I get the feeling your shipping is one of the most likely outcomes. I'd just feel bad for Kaname with this scenario, since he's cared for Chisaki for such a long time, especially compared to Tsumugu.

Anyway, this is a pretty late response seeing as the next episode comes out (or already is) today... but I figured I'd respond either way.
Dec 12, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
xchee said:
Hikari, take note. THAT is how you confess.

^
Dec 13, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2007
Aw this episode really tugged at my heartstrings. Now I'm also really torn on what pairings I want. On the one hand I really feel for Hikari and his love towards Manaka, but since Hikari and Chisaki are my favourite characters I'm hoping they become a pair. But these last episodes have really made me like Kaname x Chisaki pairing as well. I have to say I'm impressed at the way Kaname confessed to Chisaki, it really made me like him even more as well.
As for Manaka...it's not that I dislike her, but I like Hikari, Chisaki and Kaname more.
The story is getting really interesting, wonder if it will be timeskip or if they will be able to stop it. I have to admit that I would like them to solve it before they go to sleep since I really like Akari. But a timeskip could be interesting as well, especially if they wake up at different times.
Dec 14, 2013 6:29 AM

Jan 2011
Rank up!
Love square => Love pentagon!
Holy cow~~~~!11!~1

Pretty good episode, but I'm still not sure if this'll be good in the end.
It could turn into shit every second if they mess up... ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 14, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
Am I the only one who want's chisaki and tsumugu to end up together if he doesn't die in the series?
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 19, 2013 2:34 PM
Aug 2011
Time to start popping out kids!

It's a little unnerving how no one is taking this seriously except for Manaka.

I like the confession and I hope there's a time skip somewhere down the line for this. I'm thinking it would do wonders.
Dec 20, 2013 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
The chills while those OSTs were playing. .

this has gotten really deep T_T

Dec 21, 2013 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
That twist in the end!
Dec 30, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Omg sooo cute!! I knew it! I knew that Kaname likes Chisaki!! But she likes Hikari... That loving confusion ><
Jan 12, 2014 12:50 AM

Aug 2012
DAT CONFESSION!!!
Im glad that i've stalled this anime, now i have more episodes to watch :D

The plot has started yeah~

I'm expecting so much feels from the next episodes ;-;

xchee said:

THIS.
MotoraBRJan 12, 2014 1:15 AM
Jan 12, 2014 6:26 AM

Nov 2010
An upcoming ice age as divine punishment
The surface people seems to take it well or not realizing it

The feast really made me hungry, they looked so tasty
It was a beautiful episode again with Kaname having the guts to confess to Chisaki
Feb 9, 2014 12:35 AM

Apr 2009
Bang!

And so Kaname finally decides to join the fray... what timing! Pretty much the reaction I expected from Chisaki, no disappointment from that end. I expect he's thoroughly prepared after that "wait and see" strategy he was taking all this time. Things are heating up, alright.

I strongly doubt anyone is going to die from what appears to be coming, though. It just doesn't feel like that kind of show. It feels unreal that the writers will just kill off all the "landlubbers" so I have good reason to believe the disaster is going to be averted somehow, if it happens at all that is.

Still, it was Kaname and his confession to Chisaki that grabbed the spotlight for me in this episode.
Feb 19, 2014 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Dat double cliffhanger...

More seriously, it look like Kaname is aiming for best girl. I don't know how it will work out. She doesn't seem to have feeling for him.

That what I like from this anime also, some of the character are really hard to define emotionnaly. Is Mana loving more Hika or Tsumugu? I wonder what she asked the sea slug, probably about Hika. Also, we got that unexpected confession at the end.

It was really sad when Hika tried to talk to her but she just ran away. She's scared of his feeling.

That situation is pretty critical. I'm not really scared for the land people (it would be too drastic to kill them off the show) but our little sea mens will lose a lot of time. The next episode is also called ''Changing times''. Maybe there is still hope for that festival?

That old guy was such a pervert xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 13, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2011
Oh man Kaname, a confession before going into hibernation, not bad XD Ahh I want to know what Manaka asked the sea slug. I don't like Manaka, but her crying while eating sushi was kawaii.. :3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2014 9:15 PM

May 2013
Finally kaname confessed to chisaki. That part when an oji san convincing manaka to make many babies make me laughed lol.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 8, 2014 2:56 PM

May 2012
That ending... about time he confessed... well let's see what happens next!
Apr 13, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
I wish Kaname wasn't so neglected. He's a main character, but so far, a lot of the side characters have gotten deeper characterizations and more focused screen time than him.

I hope this is indicative of the show focusing on him a bit as well from now on like the rest of the main cast.

Loved the end of this episode though.
Apr 29, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
Kaname makes his move on chisaki. this gonna be good

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 5, 2014 8:44 AM
Aug 2007
Man, it's only been 10 episodes and so much has already happened... really enjoying this show..
May 15, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, stuff's getting intense and it's only the 10th episode o.o
Now I really want to see what happens next
May 17, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2011
OHHHHH!!!

(even though I knew that from the start)
Jun 24, 2014 2:45 AM
May 2012
-Will they sleep??
-What did Manaka asked??
-What will be Chisaki's reaction towards Kaname's confession??

Uroko is awesome!!
I am starting to not really care who ends up with who. I mean, they are all alright characters to me, and I can't seem to have a fixed ship on them....so yeah.
I think they will not do a time skip. This disaster will probably be prevented by them.

mayukachan said:
xchee said:

^

^
Jul 9, 2014 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
GASP Kaname likes Chisaki???!!!!11!

I wonder what the hell Manaka asked...

Tengai said:
Uroko is awesome!!

I agree! xD
Jul 25, 2014 10:30 PM
Apr 2014
kaname just become my favorite omg
Jul 26, 2014 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
HikariJake said:

I wonder what the hell Manaka asked...

Jul 26, 2014 5:02 AM

Dec 2009
heiqi1hu said:
I want to cheer for Kaname! Regardless of who he likes!!

yes.
Sep 10, 2014 8:22 AM

Oct 2012
Well, I know since the very first that Kaname liked Chisaki
But you know, he's so bold
Not like the other male MCs xD

Don't sleep!! You won't be able to wake up 0_0
Rayl1ghtSep 10, 2014 8:25 AM
"Signature removed"
Nov 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2013
OMG I thought at the beginning he might have a thing for her but I kinda pushed it out of my mind. Well I wonder where this will go...
Dec 17, 2014 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
The seaslug, a legend that lives throughout the anime.
Jan 10, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
Crap oh crap.. Kaname really confessed to Chisaki.
I didn't want to think about it but it turned out this way after all.
Sigh.. it's painful to see them not being able to be with the one they love.
Now I'm worried about what Manaka asked that little sea slug.
Mar 13, 2015 8:42 PM

Feb 2013
That's scary. Goig to sleep and not knowing when you're going to wake up. Also knwoig that everyone won't wake up at the same time. Manaka finally found a red belly sea slug. I wonder what she said to it. That confession at he end. About time Kaname did something. He's been on the sideline for way too long. I love Chisaki's reaction. I FUCKING LOVE THAT ED! It has the best timing! I'm realy gonna hate it when they change it. I hope the next one is just as good.
Mar 31, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
Well, look at that. There was actually a Manaka and Kaname scene where they were both talking with one another and only them. It only lasted 30 seconds >_>
Mar 31, 2015 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
Red_Keys said:
I wish Kaname wasn't so neglected. He's a main character, but so far, a lot of the side characters have gotten deeper characterizations and more focused screen time than him.

I hope this is indicative of the show focusing on him a bit as well from now on like the rest of the main cast.

Loved the end of this episode though.

I know. He has been neglected alot. Heck, we havent even seen his family. Nothing.

Heck, Manaka even gave nicknames to Chisaki and Hikari, but not Kaname. Makes me wonder how close they actually are.
Aug 17, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2014
Every episode of this show is so involved. I stopped watching for like 2 weeks because I was busy, and I had to recap everything for like a half hour first in order to get back into it because of how much is going on haha.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Nov 27, 2015 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
So many things happened :O
GosuDRMNov 27, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 7, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2014
Sea-Slug and Fate .
Preparations and Confessions .
Trails of the burdened Skies .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Kaname is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Nov 24, 2016 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
They have to go to sleep.
That confession will make things even weirder.
Mar 8, 2017 10:19 AM
Jan 2016
That cliffhanger at the end DAT CONFESSION WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
I expected that Kaname will confess his love to Chisaki but I didn't expected it to be this early
Wonder how Chisaki will react
So the ice age is coming. This is happening because there wasn't a Ofunehiki
Everyone is preparing them self for that calamity
My heart was aching for Hikari. I know that their relationship will be messed up after what happened in episode 9 but seeing it like that hurts me so much
Manaka you shouldn't act like that :(
I wonder what Manaka told the sea slug
I always say that but I can't get over the fact that the soundtrack and the animation are AMAZING. GOOD JOB P.A WORKS
And for me these 2 things made the anime so powerful
Can't wait to see where things will go
May 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
Why are they all so calm about everyone on the surface dying? hah

We don't even see Manaka think of Tsumugu.
Aug 15, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
EHHHHH FUCK. Mari Okada strikes again with love polygon.

Goddamnit now Manaka fall in love with Hikari and apparently Kaname likes Chisaki. Then we have Miuna and Chisaki loving Hikari. Let's not forget Manaka loving Tsugumu. Goddamnit. Mari Okada why you love these kind of sufferings?! I'm suffering everytime I watch anime with her name.

Dec 25, 2017 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Manaka, everyone would be scared :/

Also confession time,hope this ship will sail.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2015
The reveal is here, they will go to sleep and no one knows when they will wake up, nor who will be awake when they do, oh man...

Uroko's character definitely took a step up to me in this episode, he, as a part of the Sea god of the legend, knows what it means to love someone, so he understands how Hikari feels right now, seeing him also allowing them to go to the land until it's the time due to Hikari made me smile.

Seeing Miuna so scared was both adorable and so sad considering her fear since her mother died, thinking that Akari might die as well must terrify her.

I have the feeling that the "boobs" on Saya's notebook refers to Chisaki, my sides.

Oh boy, Kaname got tired of waiting and strikes with a confession! I love Chisaki's reaction so much.

Apr 16, 2019 10:10 PM

Aug 2017
This anime looks nice but I'm really bored.
Dec 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2017
Manaka was being real silent in the episode, worried about Tsugumu and the others. She may like him after all then. Argh I can't read her at all!

The reaction of surface dwellers about the impending freezing was much calmer than I expected. Not even a little bit of panic. And about watering flowers... They are literally under the sea. How does it even work lol?

I saw that confession coming from a mile away. It was obvious that Kaname liked Chisaki. Now it has really become a love web rather than love triangle.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.