Sep 10, 2013 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, but you might have to wait awhile
Sep 10, 2013 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
And so it begins.
Sep 10, 2013 2:59 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, it's been confirmed by me. Because the MAL community is more knowledgeable than Google itself
Sep 10, 2013 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
There should be though we should not hope for it.Anyway I'm thankful enough that SnK was originally a manga series...than a LN or VN.
Sep 10, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
5 bucks on anime original ending in the last ep with Eren becoming the Legendary Super Titan.
The Art of Eight
Sep 10, 2013 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
dankickyou said:
5 bucks on anime original ending in the last ep with Eren becoming the Legendary Super Titan.

Genius. If Tetsuro Araki goes through with this I'll bump the score from 0 to 10
Sep 10, 2013 3:31 AM

Jun 2007
No, confirmed by the director, producer, mangaka, and voice actor of Eren that it has an anime original ending and will be ending next week instead of reaching it's original planned amount of episodes as the VHS sales weren't good enough. Thanks pirates.
Sep 10, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
No, confirmed by the director, producer, mangaka, and voice actor of Eren that it has an anime original ending and will be ending next week instead of reaching it's original planned amount of episodes as the VHS sales weren't good enough. Thanks pirates.

No shit. Nobody buys VHS anymore.

This wouldn't happen if they stopped with their stupid tradition of 3 episodes per $80-100 DVD/Blu Ray. Why do they still think this is a good idea in the 21st century? This isn't 1995 anymore. Today the majority of the first world has internet and can access streaming and file sharing sites at the click of a button.
MajinSagaSep 10, 2013 3:47 AM
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 10, 2013 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
This should be in the SNK section. Even then, your question has already been answered.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 10, 2013 5:08 AM
Dec 2010
Anime will almost certainly end at chapter 34 of the manga. Manga is currently at chapter 49. Since the series is a monthly series we'll probably not see a second season for 1-2 years
Sep 10, 2013 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
MajinSaga said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

No shit. Nobody buys VHS anymore.

This wouldn't happen if they stopped with their stupid tradition of 3 episodes per $80-100 DVD/Blu Ray. Why do they still think this is a good idea in the 21st century? This isn't 1995 anymore. Today the majority of the first world has internet and can access streaming and file sharing sites at the click of a button.

Hahaha

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 10, 2013 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:

Can I have a source for that?
Sep 10, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 2009
Nenad said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

It was confirmed by TallonKarrde23 earlier today.
Sep 10, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2010
grandy_UiD said:
Nenad said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

It was confirmed by TallonKarrde23 earlier today.

I can confirm that confirmation.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 10, 2013 8:14 AM

Jul 2013
Nenad said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I was planning to give you the link of an infamous internet trolling video...
Sep 10, 2013 11:09 AM

May 2011
No, that won't happen.
Sep 10, 2013 11:10 AM

Dec 2011
I hope it doesn't happen.
Sep 10, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2012
hope there is, depends how the anime ends
Sep 10, 2013 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
Judging from the last episode title "Wall"
THERE WILL BE A CLIFFHANGER ENDING, so you know 2nd season is coming but the question is WHEN
Go read chapter 33, that's my guess for the final episode
Hase0Sep 10, 2013 6:32 PM
Sep 11, 2013 12:14 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Sep 11, 2013 1:41 AM

Aug 2012
Most probably will be in 2 years time or so from all the success it's getting now. Needs more chapters to be release though to cover second season.
Sep 11, 2013 1:46 AM

Nov 2012
yes
I think :p
Sep 11, 2013 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
I hope there is a second season. As people said, it should end with a cliffhanger ending.
Sep 11, 2013 12:27 PM
Aug 2013
So will it depend on what they do with the manga or will it be the sales?
Sep 11, 2013 2:17 PM
Jul 2013
Reposting this from another thread (please don't report, because I am plagiarizing myself):

Dude, second season will happen, before that, they'd have the prequel novel (SnK: Before the Fall) and the VN to animate into stories. Remember, Isayama himself supervised all of these products, so you can bet your arse that there will be no stupid fan-service like Highschool DxD (Not that it's bad, but it doesn't fit with SnK and its atmosphere).

Dude, to back up my claim that there will be a second season, check out the sales:

Only 2 BD/DVD volumes out, there are suppose to be 6+ volumes I think. Like I said, only 2 BD/DVD volumes and a whole whooping 70k sales, counting only the BD part. And that's only in Japan.
Sep 12, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
Xinception said:
Reposting this from another thread (please don't report, because I am plagiarizing myself):

Dude, second season will happen, before that, they'd have the prequel novel (SnK: Before the Fall) and the VN to animate into stories. Remember, Isayama himself supervised all of these products, so you can bet your arse that there will be no stupid fan-service like Highschool DxD (Not that it's bad, but it doesn't fit with SnK and its atmosphere).

Dude, to back up my claim that there will be a second season, check out the sales:

Only 2 BD/DVD volumes out, there are suppose to be 6+ volumes I think. Like I said, only 2 BD/DVD volumes and a whole whooping 70k sales, counting only the BD part. And that's only in Japan.

The average is actually at 62k, and it will most likley go down to around 55k-56k~ when all volume's are out.

Sep 12, 2013 1:38 PM
Jul 2013
rederoin said:
Xinception said:

The average is actually at 62k, and it will most likley go down to around 55k-56k~ when all volume's are out.

What about the overall sales? I'm not good with charts.
Sep 12, 2013 2:47 PM
Nov 2009
Xinception said:
rederoin said:
Xinception said:

Volume 1 : 74,073 ( 47,211 BD and 28,682 DVD )
Volume 2 : 51,285 ( 33,622 BD and 17,663 DVD )

Other numbers :

Jiyuu e no Shingeki (CD containing both OP ) : 209,497 (best selling anime related CD in the post 2000 era )
Great escape (2nd ending ) : 21,719
Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai ( first ending ) : 19,772
Original Soundtrack : 51,342
Every volume of the manga has sold 900k since the beginning of the anime.
Sep 12, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2013
toutoune134 said:
Xinception said:
rederoin said:
Xinception said:

Volume 1 : 74,073 ( 47,211 BD and 28,682 DVD )
Volume 2 : 51,285 ( 33,622 BD and 17,663 DVD )

Other numbers :

Jiyuu e no Shingeki (CD containing both OP ) : 209,497 (best selling anime related CD in the post 2000 era )
Great escape (2nd ending ) : 21,719
Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai ( first ending ) : 19,772
Original Soundtrack : 51,342
Every volume of the manga has sold 900k since the beginning of the anime.

Dang, that's a whole lot of sales :o. We won't have to worry then xD
Sep 13, 2013 2:13 AM

Nov 2011
Xinception said:
rederoin said:
Xinception said:

toutoune134 already posted the numbers, but I would like to add something.

If you want to determine the chances of something getting a 2nd season (Its never 100%, just so you know). The following 3 are the most important, from what I know.

-Average sales p/volume, not total sales. Which puts SnK at 6# of the highest selling anime between 2000 and 2013, assuming the average will be between 52.1k and 58.5k.
-Manga/LN sales & The impact the anime had on the manga/LN sales, which are also really high for SnK(1.2-1.4 Million per volume, last time I checked).
-If the manga is ongoing, so that they can promote it. Which is why most adaptations are from ongoing series.

Sep 15, 2013 6:50 AM
Aug 2013
Well if the manga were to be still going will the anime still follow it? I mean realise like a next edition manga, so will anime still continue too?
Sep 15, 2013 7:25 AM
Jul 2013
rederoin said:
Xinception said:
rederoin said:
Xinception said:

toutoune134 already posted the numbers, but I would like to add something.

If you want to determine the chances of something getting a 2nd season (Its never 100%, just so you know). The following 3 are the most important, from what I know.

-Average sales p/volume, not total sales. Which puts SnK at 6# of the highest selling anime between 2000 and 2013, assuming the average will be between 52.1k and 58.5k.
-Manga/LN sales & The impact the anime had on the manga/LN sales, which are also really high for SnK(1.2-1.4 Million per volume, last time I checked).
-If the manga is ongoing, so that they can promote it. Which is why most adaptations are from ongoing series.

Still, it's pretty much guaranteed that Shingeki No Kyojin has a pretty good chance (80%-ish?) of getting a second season when there is enough canon manga materials?

They could animate the Prequel Novels (Snk:Before The Fall), the light novels packing with the BD/DVD volumes and such? They could make Anime-Original Content also, seeing that they did a pretty good job with episode 22.
Sep 15, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
What I'm excited about is for Wit Studio to understand the mistakes that they've done in the 1st Season of SnK and hopefully outdo themselves in the 2nd Season with good filler used on every relevant episode instead of recaps (because they're good at it), no stills, more consistent animation when not in battle scenes and more refined dialogue.

Of course, I'm not going to hold my expectations too high and only make myself disappointed. But Mother of God, if I'm waiting for another AoT then I'm waiting for another Hiroyuki Sawano OST, and who doesn't want that, honestly? It's the main reason why I'm also hyped for Kill la Kill.
Sep 15, 2013 7:35 AM
Apr 2011
Having just been to Japan over the summer, I can tell you that the manga and anime are immensely popular(shingeki no kyojin trucks driving around, the manga is usually at the very front of most book stores for everyone to see). I have no doubt there will be a second season of it.
Sep 15, 2013 7:47 AM
Jul 2013
Beaver897 said:

Of course, I'm not going to hold my expectations too high and only make myself disappointed. But Mother of God, if I'm waiting for another AoT then I'm waiting for another Hiroyuki Sawano OST, and who doesn't want that, honestly? It's the main reason why I'm also hyped for Kill la Kill.

Kill La Kill & Coppelion mate, animes to watch for Fall 2013.

Lankeysob said:
Having just been to Japan over the summer, I can tell you that the manga and anime are immensely popular(shingeki no kyojin trucks driving around, the manga is usually at the very front of most book stores for everyone to see). I have no doubt there will be a second season of it.

Any slight, thin chance that it might outdo One Piece in popularity? c:
Sep 15, 2013 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
Xinception said:

not even one year since the SnK hype started, way too soon for that to happen

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 15, 2013 8:25 AM
Jul 2013
Aozumi said:
Xinception said:

So.... 2 years? xD
Sep 15, 2013 8:49 AM

Aug 2012
Xinception said:
Aozumi said:
Xinception said:

So.... 2 years? xD

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Despite its popularity, SnK still isn't as accessible as One Piece, mainly because of the nature of its story being gory and brutal.
Sep 15, 2013 9:00 AM

Jun 2012
Beaver897 said:
Xinception said:
Aozumi said:
Xinception said:

So.... 2 years? xD

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Despite its popularity, SnK still isn't as accessible as One Piece, mainly because of the nature of its story being gory and brutal.

It's true that the manga sales are going VERY well, but "the big hit" will stop like a couple of month later after the anime ends (or maybe like half year later with some luck), after that we will only see Snk on the chart when a new volume is out (i'm talking about the manga, the DVD/BR on te chart will last until they release the last volume)

One Piece is a manga that is being publiched each week unlike SnK, so there's WAY more material than SnK and that's why the hype will go down after a certain amount of time (is what aways happen with popular anime of the season anyways)

did I explain myself good enought? my english sucks today so i'm not sure orz

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 15, 2013 9:20 AM
Jul 2013
Aozumi said:
Beaver897 said:
Xinception said:
Aozumi said:
Xinception said:

So.... 2 years? xD

It's true that the manga sales are going VERY well, but "the big hit" will stop like a couple of month later after the anime ends (or maybe like half year later with some luck), after that we will only see Snk on the chart when a new volume is out (i'm talking about the manga, the DVD/BR on te chart will last until they release the last volume)

One Piece is a manga that is being publiched each week unlike SnK, so there's WAY more material than SnK and that's why the hype will go down after a certain amount of time (is what aways happen with popular anime of the season anyways)

did I explain myself good enought? my english sucks today so i'm not sure orz

Yes, yes sir.

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.