Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2012
Nai is one of the most boring protagonists I have ever seen. Didnt like this enough to give the manga a shot.
May 7, 2014 2:16 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah,Nai was quite boring.the ending itself seems to be begging for a sequel.the last episode was so anti-climatic!i was seriously expecting a lot more from it.the series ended with a whimper,actually.all in all,a pretty forgettable anime for me.
May 26, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
will try the manga eventually but not very impressed with this adaption...it was mostly eye candy and ear candy LOL as well as very obvious fujoshi bait

gknight said:
man this was such a disappointing show, the first few episodes were really special and intriguing but it went downhill around the middle and the ending totally sucked.

5/10

^ oh yeah i was gonna post exactly this
Jun 1, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2010
Second season please?!?!

I need to know what happens in anime form ;-(.. Plus the teaser of Karoku waking up at the end.... I guess it's on to the manga for me.
Jul 11, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked this series. This definitely needs a second season, but either way I loved Karneval. Regardless of what anyone says, I liked the main characters a lot and I felt satisfied at how they wrapped it up.

If it had more episodes or another season, it would probably end up in my favorites.
Dec 19, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2013
Woooooow, what an amazing surprise! I loved this anime, it was so sweet! Was very pleasantly surprised, so glad I picked this up and gave it a go. Definitely underrated; probably because it's a shoujo, but really it feels like a shounen. Apart from the art and the brief shounen ai moments, there was nothing else shoujo-ish; so people came here with different expectations. Maybe the manga is shoujo, but this anime is shounen as it's filled with action-heavy plot and fight scenes, unlike typical shoujo which usually has dramatized plot and romance.

I loved the characters - Nai, Tsukumo, and especially Yogi. I also loved the art so much; it's the main reason why I watch anime, so having beautifully drawn characters, wonderfully colourful scenery and such attention to detail (like the characters' eyes) was really something awesome for me.

I'll definitely be checking out the manga. So sad there is no season 2 or OVAs yet. Also have to mention the ED, which is super catchy.

WE ARE CIRCUS!!!
Jan 9, 2015 7:31 PM
Aug 2014
Ehh well it wasn't a terrible watch, but it was shoujo action after all... 8/10
Jan 28, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
Very abrupt and anti-climatic ending...rushed as well, too rushed at the end. I'll give it a 6/10 for keeping me watching it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 28, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
Totally loved this series. It needs a second season so bad tho like that ending totally put up for a continuation. ._.
Jun 29, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
I really hope they make a second season. This has become one of my favorite anime!
Sep 26, 2015 9:20 PM

Feb 2015
boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring booooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

1. thought for the longest time this was a shounen. i don't really care for bishies or not - if you're a good character you're a good character. however COME ON you guys. SERIOUSLY. needless to say when i found out that it was a shoujo i wasn't all that surprised.

2. OP and ED are trash. sounds like something right out of uta no prince sama (ashamed i know that show as well).

3. gareki looked like he would bring the plot along but the writers would never let him get a chance to be himself. he was almost always surrounded by his "friends".

4. nai was (or is, whatever) annoying. i was also expecting some stories of how he ENDED UP IN SHACKLES but apparently no-one could find that story interesting.

5. fights scenes were good - WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAPPENED. there was barely anything going on, and the plot was everywhere. i tried holding myself out to see if anything good would happen, but that episode with the 9yr old boy took the cake. most of the episodes were treated like cartoons - one episode = one adventure. that was annoying as heck. i liked the fight with the redhead and the two girls, though, i have to admit.

6. what was in that goshdarn box?!?!?!? and where is the answer of nai being a humanimal? karoku (Lord knows i'll know his name 'till the end of time for how many times it was repeated) was just meant for some limp plot device for gareki and nai? he has no meaning? and i totally did NOT get that "new clothes" karoku that "supposedly" took his place.

7. why on earth are people pressurizing how lovely gareki and nai's friendship is? HOW did they become friends? because they act for like familiar strangers. there's no reason either to like the other. as a matter of fact i can't understand how ANYONE is friends with anyone in the ships, but at least they obviously have histories together beforehand so that's not so much big of a deal. but gareki and nai just met. how could they be such close friends when they appear nothing of the like?

8. that random scene in ep 12 when Ponytail "betrayed" circus was out of the blue and so unreal it was nearly laughable.

i will say that the OST was.....good. there are some ones i really love though.

funny to say, i'd watch a S2, but only because the only character that is worth spending the smallest interest in is karoku. i highly doubt there actually BEING a S2, however.

3/10. severely disappointed. dear Lord someone please tell me the manga is different/better.
TomDaySep 26, 2015 10:17 PM
Nov 19, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
looking back I don't even know why I watched it.. Yogi......
Jul 29, 2016 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
That was a really great show and a great ending!

A lot of fighting in the last episode and action and it was awesome!

Nai reunited with Karoku at the end and the other version of him, the clone or whatever he was disappeared and said they'd meet again after trying to get Nai to go somewhere with him, not sure where exactly. Maybe he was a clone/hybrid of Karoku, mixed with animal DNA. It seems like it could be a likely possibility and since he was able to talk with Nai, maybe the same breed of little cute fluffy bunny but who knows.

Gareki left to go and train to become part of Circus and become part of something bigger than himself! awww :3

The goodbye hugs was so cute <3 and I'm glad he wants to remain part of the team.

The real Karoku woke up at the end.

I really hope they may eventually make a season 2 as it was just simply put a really great show and I loved everything about it, the look, the characters and the story! just amazing *_*

So many hot guys. I guess it's sayonara to Gareki, Nai, Yogi and the rest of the gang! at least for now~

I might try and read the manga if I have time, not read any for some weeks or maybe months now.
Sep 22, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
yeah nai and Gareki were useless in the entire series especially Nai he was the worst, here I am thinking he had hidden special powers but he turned out to be some worthless animal. At least Gareki is on the path of becoming the child of the second ship in the organization "circus". The most impressive one was Yogi, although he was too affectionate but he was awesome in the entire show.

This anime is not complete and Karoku's association with Nai is still fully unclear
lihle808Sep 22, 2017 5:50 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 22, 2017 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
TomDay said:
boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring booooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

1. thought for the longest time this was a shounen. i don't really care for bishies or not - if you're a good character you're a good character. however COME ON you guys. SERIOUSLY. needless to say when i found out that it was a shoujo i wasn't all that surprised.

2. OP and ED are trash. sounds like something right out of uta no prince sama (ashamed i know that show as well).

3. gareki looked like he would bring the plot along but the writers would never let him get a chance to be himself. he was almost always surrounded by his "friends".

4. nai was (or is, whatever) annoying. i was also expecting some stories of how he ENDED UP IN SHACKLES but apparently no-one could find that story interesting.

5. fights scenes were good - WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAPPENED. there was barely anything going on, and the plot was everywhere. i tried holding myself out to see if anything good would happen, but that episode with the 9yr old boy took the cake. most of the episodes were treated like cartoons - one episode = one adventure. that was annoying as heck. i liked the fight with the redhead and the two girls, though, i have to admit.

6. what was in that goshdarn box?!?!?!? and where is the answer of nai being a humanimal? karoku (Lord knows i'll know his name 'till the end of time for how many times it was repeated) was just meant for some limp plot device for gareki and nai? he has no meaning? and i totally did NOT get that "new clothes" karoku that "supposedly" took his place.

7. why on earth are people pressurizing how lovely gareki and nai's friendship is? HOW did they become friends? because they act for like familiar strangers. there's no reason either to like the other. as a matter of fact i can't understand how ANYONE is friends with anyone in the ships, but at least they obviously have histories together beforehand so that's not so much big of a deal. but gareki and nai just met. how could they be such close friends when they appear nothing of the like?

8. that random scene in ep 12 when Ponytail "betrayed" circus was out of the blue and so unreal it was nearly laughable.

i will say that the OST was.....good. there are some ones i really love though.

funny to say, i'd watch a S2, but only because the only character that is worth spending the smallest interest in is karoku. i highly doubt there actually BEING a S2, however.

3/10. severely disappointed. dear Lord someone please tell me the manga is different/better.
Your comment made my day, I understand how you feel. Oh god I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts. This comment is the best here lol.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 26, 2017 9:39 PM

Feb 2015
lihle808 said:
Your comment made my day, I understand how you feel. Oh god I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts. This comment is the best here lol.

um okay? your welcome? :P
Oct 3, 2017 10:25 AM

Jun 2016
That was an okay finale, I guess. Loved the action scenes. And I swear Yogi is so gay for Gareki. Huehuehue. Love you, Gareki! <3

8/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
a mystery series, by that meaning that i still have no clue what the baja fresh is going on. too weak to be actually considered a mystery series. good artwork and loveable characters and had somethings going for it like ... loveable characters, but at times annoying for their flat-ness.

there are a lot of flaws for this series and the fact that it doesn't have a season 2 doesn't help it's case because nothing can be resolved/it can't redeem itself. however, i guess it speaks for itself the reason why there is no season 2.

entertaining, but nonetheless, a waste of time for those who are watching with the preconceived notion that there will be a message or some greater thematic commentary about the human condition and science of genetic altering.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Mar 23, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2016
Hooray, Nai got to meet with Karoku... oh, wait, it's a fake clone version of him. At least the real Karoku appears to be recovering well. Despite being on Kafka's side, Uro is so awesome.

Not sure if it's just cause of the character design, but Karoku does look really similar to Gareki. If I was too guess, the fact Gareki was on a Kafka research ship could mean that a bit of dna splicing took place. Idk tho, and to find out I'd have to read the manga. Oh well.

Highlight: Tsukumo giving Gareki the deformed Niji stuffed toy. She's so bloody cute
Ep Score: 3/5
Series Overall: 5/10

Karneval wasn't that bad of a show to watch. It never really stood out in terms of art and animation, but it made up for it with plenty of okay eps, especially the last 2 eps. My biggest problem comes from the fact that there is too many questions I have, left unanswered. It's a shame tho, that the series may never be picked up again and be finished, but you never know with the anime industry

Jun 18, 2021 3:13 PM

Jun 2019
My 99th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 4/10 rating.
Sep 24, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2015
Gareki highsch arcs era!! >.< what a happy sad touching ending look 3 people love him so much

wife yogi son nai all hugging crying give him dolls my heart fluttery over their emotion all of them are still children w father hirato

9/10 bcs i love the characs 🤣🤞 and art
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2013

90 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:40 PM

» Possibe Season 2 (considered)

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2013

12 by FurkanTurin12 »»
Aug 2, 2022 7:30 AM

» Karneval, why u no have season 2?!

Kitty-Kate - May 9, 2019

5 by Femuwu »»
May 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

60 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:38 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

54 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.