Forum Settings
Forums

Would Someone Please Recommend Me An Asian Drama Where The Lead Girl Is A Tomboy Or Not Very Girly?

New
Jan 9, 2009 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
Haha, I've been watching a lot of shows about naive, girly girls lately.

Here's the ones I've seen that fit the bill:

Korea:

Alone in Love
A Thousand Years of Love
Attic Cat
Bad Family
Coffee Prince
Country Princess
Damo
Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang
Famous Princesses
Four Sisters
Glass Slippers
Lovers in Paris
My Bratty Princess
My Love Patzzi
Powerful Opponents
Ruler of Your Own World
Smile Again
Sweet Buns
The Painter of the Wind
Who Are You?
Witch Amusement

Japan:

Abarenbo Mama
Anmitsu Hime
Attention Please
Atsu-Hime
Flowers For My Life
Gokusen
Hana Kimi
Hana Yori Dango
Last Friends
Lunch Queen

Taiwan:

Bullfighting
Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu (Hana Kimi)
Love Contract
Magicians of Love
Mean Girl Ah Chu
Meteor Garden
Mr. Fighting
Prince Who Turns To Frog
Reaching for the Stars
Ying Ye 3 Jia 1

China:

Love at First Fight
Return of the Condor Hero

Singapore:

Falling in Love

Hong Kong:

Eternal Happiness
War of In-Laws II

Any suggestions you could give would be much appreciated!! :D
zarebaMar 23, 2009 1:54 PM
Mar 17, 2009 5:11 PM

Jan 2008
Nobuta no Produce ish...Initially the girl wouldn't be considered a tom boy or a girly girl that's probably in love....not sure x.X

Banner made by suikka
Mar 17, 2009 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
xD Okay. I''l check that drama out.

Never heard of it.
Mar 20, 2009 8:53 PM

Aug 2008
Zettai Kareshi

th female lead is not quite girly, but since its romance drama, th female lead obviously wants love.
afterall, this is a adaption from th shoujo manga of th same name. ((:

but i not sure if it is what you want. XDD
Mar 21, 2009 1:51 AM

Mar 2008
Hotaru no Hikari
Hotaru works for a famous interior design company. It's a glamorous job but Hotaru's private life is totally the opposite of glamorous. She lives alone, and when she isn't working she's mostly lazing about her rented house in training wear. She's not interested in men. In fact, she isn't interested in anything. "I'd rather lay around than fool around," is her motto.

Her landlord is a bar owner, and one day his son, who has just separated from his wife, comes to inspect the rental property, not knowing that someone is living there. He is shocked at the mess, but not as shocked as Hotaru. He turns out to be her boss, Takano.

Not a tomboy but not very girly, she's still cute in her own way though. It was a funny drama.
Mar 21, 2009 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
I've heard of Zettai kareshi. Never considered it.

Hotaru No Hikari sounds funny.

I'll check them out. Thanks. :D
Mar 22, 2009 2:15 AM

Aug 2008
sorry, i'm back to this thread again. XDD
anw, i heard that there is a new drama, Atashinchi no Danshi.
it starts at 14 April. and from th trailer, th female lead doesnt look like she is girly. so probably you might want to try? and anw, th female lead is Horikita Maki.

heres th wiki.d-addicts page link:
-CLICK-
Mar 22, 2009 6:59 AM

Jan 2009
The synopsis sounds cool. About the "eccentric" family. Reminds me of my favorite drama ever, Bad Family.

Will definitely watch it when it comes out.

THANKS.
Mar 22, 2009 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
okashii_ said:
th female lead is Horikita Maki.

That's enough to interest me too! :D
Story looks fine, hope it'll be a funny drama. I'll also check it once it'll be available.
Mar 22, 2009 10:50 PM
Mar 2009
- 9 Ends 2 Outs
Drama Wiki- 9 End 2 Outs The drama is about love of singles in their 30s. Hong Nan Hee is an ordinary worker at a publishing firm, she's a girl who always falls in and out of love since she was young until one day when she meets an old classmate, Byun Hyung Tae, who is a team leader of an advertising company again. Hyung Tae may seem to be a good catch in the eyes of many women but he's only a cowardly boy to Nan Hee whom he has grown up with. '9 End 2 Outs' is using the baseball theme to compare to the fates and lives of the people in love.

- Worlds Within

DramaWiki- The World That They Live In This drama is about the process of a television drama producton. Jung Ji Oh is a charismatic drama PD whereas Joo Joon Young is a PD who is direct and confident.

- Fireworks

Drama Wiki- Exhibition of FIreworks Shin Na Ra, a woman who is almost thirty welcomes her boyfriend of ten years back from his business trip. During their dinner, he tells her that he not only had an affair but fell in love with another woman. Thus their relationship is no more. To make herself feel better, Na Ra drinks a large amount of alcohol and unknowingly dropped the ring her ex-boyfriend gave her into a random stranger’s cup. The stranger, In-Jae, drinks the shot without seeing the ring and both of them end up in the hospital.To support herself, Na Ra pretends to be her 20 years old sister in order to work as a cosmetic clerk at Mi-Rae (the woman her ex-boyfriend fell in love with)’s shop but fate has brought In-Jae to the shop to. Thus began their surprising journey of love, where In-Jae is in love with Mi-Rae too.

- Sweet Spy

Drama Wiki - Sweet Spy Nam Sang-mi plays widowed police officer Lee Sun-ae who finds herself suddenly immersed into international espionage by Han Yoo-il (Dennis Oh), an undercover agent. Lee Joo-hyun plays Kang-Jun, who's recently transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department. He opens an old case involving Sun-ae's past that leads him to an entanglement between the current political/economic powers and their secrets. One of them, oddly enough, being Han Yoo-il. Who is this man? Why is he here?

- Snow Queen
DramaWiki - The Snow Queen At 17, Tae Woong (Hyun Bin), a mathmatical genius, meets two people who will later become people he loves. One becomes his best friend and the other, his love.
Tae Woong's best friend, Kim Jeong Kyu (Lee Sun Ho), also classified as a genius, competes for academic accolades. After Tae Woong beats him in an international math Olympiad Jeong Kyu commits suicide. During this same time, Tae Woong meets a little girl who develops a crush on him. However, he loses touch with her without finding out her name.
These tragic events take their toll on the rest of Tae Woong's life. At 25, eight years later, Tae Woong is now a third class boxer and in unexpected events, finds Bo Ra (Sung Yu Ri), the little girl he once knew. Although this winter will be very cold and scary, winter is not the end of the seasons, but the beginning of the hope for a greater love.

- My name is Kim Samsoon

DramaWiki - My Lovely SamSoon Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is a baker who has a talent in making pastries and cakes. On Christmas Eve, she caught her boyfriend, Min Hyun Woo (Lee Kyu Han), cheating on her and breaks up on the same night. On that same night, she accidentally went into the men's restroom and met Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin), a somewhat callous fellow but sometimes considerate guy. By sheer coincidence, Jin Hun needs a baker for his restaurant Bon Appetit and Sam Soon is unemployed. Sam Soon is hired as the restaurant's chief baker and the two fights like cat and dog. Nevertheless, they started to have feeling for each other and Sam Soon agreed to post as Jin Hun's girlfriend so his mother would leave him alone. Things got complicated when Jin Hun's ex-girlfriend Yoo Hee Jin came back from the States intending to win him back.

- Korean Lawyers
Drama Wiki - Lawyers of the Great Republic Korea Woo Yi Kyung worked at a law firm as a secretary when she fell in love with Byun-hyuk, a rising star attorney in the firm. They lived together for a year before he left for America with no explanation. Six Years later Yi Kyung ends up becoming a lawyer herself and opens her own office. Her first paying case is to represent Han Min-gook in an alimony lawsuit that could cost him $100 billion Won. Han Min-gook’s ex-wife, Lee Ae-ri, is Yi Kyung’s good friend, and the lawyer representing Ae-ri is none other than Byun-hyuk himself who has returned from America determined to win Yi Kyung back. Yi Kyung is facing a showdown with her friend, Ae-ri, as well as her first love, Byun-hyuk, all while falling for her client Min-gook.

Mar 22, 2009 10:55 PM

Nov 2007
Nodame Cantabile as well as Sexy Voice and Robo. If you want descriptions, check their manga pages.
Mar 22, 2009 11:13 PM

Mar 2008
I was about to suggest Nobuta as well, but I saw that someone already had. lol

The next one which you would definitely enjoy is Satorare. It centers around a man whose thoughts can be heard by everyone. The catch: he doesn't know. This fact produces a lot of hilarious situations.

The show is very subtle when it comes to anything related to romance. In case you were wondering. Other than that, very worth your time. Only 10 episodes long.
Mar 23, 2009 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
Wow, DearSky thanks a lot! There's a lot there. =)

Sexy Voice and Robo. Haha. Funny name. Will have to see about that one.

Satorare I haven't heard of. Cool synopsis. Sounds really cool.

Thanks everyone. :D

Good to know there are more series to watch. I thought I had seen mostly all of this type.
zarebaMar 23, 2009 11:12 AM
Apr 22, 2009 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
=) I want to watch Korean Lawyers and Satorare now. xD

Can't find it at sites like Mysoju.
Apr 22, 2009 3:58 PM

Aug 2007
That just screams Coffee Prince. ^^
Apr 22, 2009 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
Haha, I know it does.

I loved that drama.

I've noticed a lot of dramas have tomboys.

But, I've seen the majority of them.

That's why I need help. ^_^
May 17, 2009 10:03 PM
May 2009
this isn't a suggestion, but i just wanted to say that Coffee Prince is the best drama i've ever seen. gotta love it >_<
May 18, 2009 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
XD I really like Coffee Prince.

But.. Bad Family is still my fave drama to date.
Aug 27, 2009 2:40 PM
Apr 2009
(J-Drama) Mei-chan no Shitsuji --> I find Mei very non-girly... but she is forced to be surrounded by girly girls (and their butlers)
D.Wiki Link

It is also a manga ^_^ -->
Feb 22, 2010 6:52 PM

Aug 2009
korean:
my name is kim sam soon
hong gil dong

japanese:
mei chan no shitsuji
gokusen
nobuta wo produce
atashinchi no danshi
Aug 5, 2012 5:57 PM
Apr 2012
you should check out rooftop prince, the girl in it is different from the bimbos you see in other dramas. she's independent and ends up taking care of the male characters.

plus it's really funny (:
Aug 5, 2012 6:26 PM

Jun 2012
On the Fringe, a Singaporean drama.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 7, 2012 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
City Hunter (My most favorite)
Bridal Mask
1 Litre of Tears (I wouldn't consider the girl, girly though.. she's just deeply ill, with a diease, it's a sad drama)

I haven't seen any of the dramas you listed, but I hope you find a good drama. :D
Aug 15, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
Secret Garden (Korean)

The drama tells the story of Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin), an arrogant and eccentric CEO who maintains the image of seeming perfection, and Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji Won), a poor and humble stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy amongst top actresses. Their accidental meeting, when Joo Won mistakes Ra Im for actress Park Chae Rin, marks the beginning of a tense, bickering relationship, through which Joo Won tries to hide a growing attraction to Ra Im that both confuses and disturbs him. To complicate matters further, a strange sequence of events results in them swapping bodies.
Sep 8, 2012 3:30 PM

Jan 2010
You should check "Wild Romance" its really catchy!
It's korean and the main actress is really good playing her character!
Sep 30, 2012 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
"To the Beautiful You," Erm well... not really.
Oct 5, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
'To The Beautiful You': Korean Drama.
Lead girl, disguises herself as a boy because she wants to see her 'idol' (I suppose) high jump again after he suffers from an injury.
It's a really funny drama and I love it!

Oct 7, 2012 1:14 AM

Oct 2011
well a korean drama i like that is like this is you are beutifull- its about a girl who is in a boy band named A.N.JELL as a guy because her twin brother is getting surgery

Oct 8, 2012 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
You're Beautiful (Kdrama) - Lead girl is not very girly infact she has to pretend to be a boy for the popband she had to join. This romantic comedy is hilarious and very romantic. One of my favorite KDrama. Amazing songs and the show was fantastic a mix of being very funny and having the right amount of drama.

Currently watching City Hunter - amazing so far!!!!!
A house is made from bricks and stones but a home is made from love alone!
Mar 27, 2019 7:31 AM
Mar 2019
Omg i'm so late...😱
But if someone see this, i would just recommend "The Best Hit"
The main girl is not girly and naive, but she's not a tomboy tho.
This drama is kinda fun and i luv it but these days, there's so many good dramas where the main girl is not naive, girly, clumsy, while back then they were not that good

(Sorry for my bad english)

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - 11 hours ago

8 by mokkocchi »»
31 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - Yesterday

1 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.