Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ending Spoiler! Lack of logic in the Anime for real, not bashing, the anime was great...

Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 15, 2013 10:05 AM
May 2013
I like the anime, everything from characteres to plot and the creepy enivronment it produced. But some basic logic, especially in the reactions and decisions of the characters really bugged me.

Im sure you all know one of the biggest arguments is about misaki and why she didnt tell anyone who the dead was when she knew in the final few episodes.

But when she was getting attacked in the last two episodes she just stood there with no fear, or motivation to run away, she only dodged when the assailant was actually swinging the weapon at her, but not before.
Now I understand she lost her sister and maybe she gave up on the world but this is not real, believe me a lot of people who think they no longer fear death because they have nothing to live for still do when they face near death experiences. It takes a lot for a person to truly not fear death at all.
Besides it is implied she cares about the MC, meaning she has a stake in the world and thus should be afraid of dying.

Secondly, I don't understand why neither misaki or MC tried to tell everyone she had a twin sister. I know it might not have made a difference but its illogical for them to not even bother explaining. Think about it, if it was you, and everyone is gathering up on you, would you not at the very least shout out "listen to me, misaki had a twin sister, she was the one in elementary school" Im pretty most people would try at the very least.

And the list goes on , e.g. MC cant overpower any girls in the final two episodes lol, even when he has grabbed them he get knocked over...Come on, I know hes frail and sick but that's ridiculous.

Again the anime was GREAT! and obviously its supernatural so its not real anyway but these inconsistencies just seem more like ways to spin the story in that direction, its just too fake compared to real life reactions.
Jun 6, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
Hmm ... I don't quite get your logic to be honest.

I'm firmly assured that Misaki explained at some point why she didn't tell anyone who the dead person was. First of all, consider it - who would believe her? I mean, as a viewer, you sure can, but imagine yourself as one of the students. When someone says to you "Hey, I can see dead people with this artificial eye of mine" would you care to believe? Doubtful ...

Again, the same thing with the twin sister. With ten people pointing weapons at you, explaining is meaningless. Sure, we understood it since we got to hear it during the run of 10min or so, but I'm pretty sure that everyone would just assume she's trying to "get away with it".

Still, you can't really search for a logic in a supernatural course of events that unfold in this anime. If we were to do that, the calamity itself should be dismissed the moment it was mentioned and everything would fall down to the random creepness and freaky accidents.
Jun 24, 2013 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
qwoalsk said:
C cant overpower any girls in the final two episodes lol, even when he has grabbed them he get knocked over...Come on, I know hes frail and sick but that's ridiculous.

That's just dumb and sexist. I'm a guy and I'd probably be overpowered by a girl as well. Especially if they were dead set on killing me and fighting for their lives.
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 24, 2013 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
Open-Dice said:
That's just dumb and sexist. I'm a guy and I'd probably be overpowered by a girl as well. Especially if they were dead set on killing me and fighting for their lives.

Aug 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
You points couldn't reach me lol. You're thinking too highly of the characters and not immersing yourself into their environment.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.