Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2013
I was this O.O
then I was this o.O
and then this XD
after that this :D
and then finally this O////////////////////////O

deym... I need a Season 3 already XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 13, 2013 1:44 AM

Feb 2012
One word: WOW!!

After an intense 3 episode match between Mizusawa and the all-girl school, its finally finished! I was so nervous Chihaya's team would lose the match. Good thing it didn't happen. Though Chihaya lost against Megumu, it's certain that she'll work 100% harder than before. I'm hoping during the individual match, Chihaya and Megumu will challenge each other again, and Chihaya would win this time around.

Now, I'm guessing the next match against the boy's team will be a 3 intense episode match again. I can't wait for that!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 13, 2013 2:01 AM

Jan 2012
A really great episode. Awesome match was awesome. Desktomu really surprised me in the end, I didn't expect him to pull such a trick. Anyway, looking forward to next episode.

Apr 13, 2013 3:22 AM

Aug 2011
I want Arata to see Misuzawa playing their match.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 13, 2013 4:32 AM

Mar 2013
Soshinra said:
I want Arata to see Misuzawa playing their match.

Mostly to see how Taichi would handle it :>
Apr 13, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2012
It was awesome ;___; But I wish Arata watched the competition... :c
Apr 13, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
OH GOD THIS EPISODE.
The tension!, I was in the edge of tears when Kumano was still playing his game, and when he won... I was so damn happy, really.
And I even started tearing up when Meguru was crying ;_;
This episode was soooo intense.

I know I don't have to wait anymore to give this a 10.
Apr 13, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
What a great episode *A*
This anime is awesome. I love it <3

I was sad that Chihaya lost but so happy when Desktomu won :)
I can't for the next episode and I want to see more Arata if possible.
Apr 13, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
Desktomu for the fucking win.
Apr 13, 2013 10:33 AM

May 2009
Bloody, my ankle hurts!!
:)) I was digging into my right ankle just the way Chihaya was digging into her palm. After Chihaya's loss (which I believed would happen), Komano's match just was.. BLOODY AAAAH! Waaaahe! :))))
The tension I couldn't bear it, and I've really never fan-girled as such while watching any series, but wow, today was just.. :))) I was all jumping up and down my seat waving my arms at that win. LMAO. Totally like this:

Lulexiaa said:

Chihaya is strong.. and yet she still has to overcome herself in order to be able to push herself further. There are still certain blocks, and the sway of her feelings.. There's still that immaturity about her that poses a wall against her being completely professional in her play. It's her charm, but that's where her growth lies. She's a wonderful character to watch. And to be honest, I'm enjoying her losses as much as her wins. It's not easy, that progress. It's just not a sweet piece of cake.

I'm enjoying how Sumire is getting geared up to play her own matches. The team's fire is passing on to her. =D
About Tsukuba wanting to play, it's true that Kana chan has a higher probability of loss since she's so tired. A good bet IS actually to go with Tsukuba, but then it'll be primarily to develop his skill. He would lose, but he'll be gearing up for it especially after watching how Kana-chan gave it her all despite being so tired. Sumire needs a match to play too. I hope she plays a lot of matches in the individuals. They all will enroll, right?

AlexTheRiot said:

Speaking of, has Taichi lost a match in this tournament? Dude's pulling his weight and serving as Chihaya's emotional support. Though if Arata shows up to watch the finals I have a feeling he'll be under more pressure than Chihaya and blow it.

I definitely agree with Taichi's support. He's very observant with Chihaya, but definitely, if he notices Arata watching, he might succumb to pressure both ways (skill watch + Chihaya's choice). But he always does that. So it would be interesting if he could overcome that on his part. :) I'm REALLY liking Taichi now. ^_^ I love how he didn't say anything to Chihaya when he opened her hand. ^_^
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 13, 2013 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
THIS FUCKING SHOW.

Such a good episode. One of the best yet. Having Desktomu and Kana win shows such growth for the team and the two of them as karuta players. And even more so, everyone is starting to realize how strong Mizusawa and Chihaya are. You can be sure at next year's tournament they will not be an "unknown school".

Off topic, I am going to rage if we do not see an Arata/Queen match this season.
Apr 13, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Great match, Komano-kun!
And I was sad when Chihaya lost her best card. :(
This episode lasted only 5 minutes. lol

5/5
Apr 13, 2013 7:35 PM

Jan 2012
ore wa DATA.

yeah, tease us more with the Queen v. Arata.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 13, 2013 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
Haha the Queen is hilarious! But when Chihaya will become strong enough to challenge the queen? How many seasons we have to wait? 3/4?
Apr 13, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2012
Desktomu \\O//
Apr 13, 2013 10:14 PM

Aug 2011
This ep had my heart in a headlock! Just no words! Taichi T.T The way Chihaya looked at you made my emotions flutter away! Kana, you were OUTSTANDING! I am so so proud of you and your strength! You deserve your rest! Desktomu-kun T-T omgosh man! BE STILL MY HEART!! <33333
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Apr 14, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
I CRIED
Beautiful episode like usual!!!

Yes Desktomu~~~!!! <3
Apr 14, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
Loved it.
The episode was so tense, I didn't like Megumo or her team
Megumo get on my nerves and her fanclub too.
Am i the only one that got sad over hokou loss T^T
i love them ~~~

Apr 14, 2013 11:12 AM
Jan 2011
Team won, but Chihaya ain't satisfied.
Apr 14, 2013 12:55 PM
Sep 2012
GO KOMANO!
Apr 14, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
Nasty001 said:
Team won, but Chihaya ain't satisfied.

): yeah SAD
Apr 14, 2013 6:27 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, great Shinobu scene ... I mean asking for Arata for a match (which he refuses), and that second sense of hers ... *shivers* She's certainly intense!
The match comes to an end. Chihaya loses her card (though she takes several of Megumu's). Nishida loses (again?!) but Kana wins quickly after - I'm so happy for her! She's been so close recently and it's nice that she got her win. Taichi wins but then yep, Chihaya loses. It all comes down to ... KOMANO?!??! I'm SO glad he got his chance to shine in the spotlight! So yeah, it WAS down to chance, but his own superstitions huh ... I'm so glad :')
It's pretty interesting, with Chihaya and Megumu's reactions ... Megumu won but her team lost, and she's crying and upset! It's OK! Chihaya's the opposite ... she should be happy that her team won but she's angry she lost. Good thing TAICHI'S THERE TO HELP HER RELAX!!! Gosh silly girl, how dense can you be?! D:
Poor Kana ... she's really tired from playing so much isn't she? :( Tsukuba please just stop asking to be put in like that ... I mean, I understand you want to play bu asking nicely would be SO much more effective. YOU BETTER WIN FOR KANA! ;O
Apr 14, 2013 11:37 PM

Jul 2009
Mizusawa FTW!!!!

wow Za Queen can memorize those cards in one breath O___O

Arata is amaze how strong Chihaya and Taichi now :)

Za Queen is really scary >___<

Za Queen wants to fight Arata!!!!

sadly Arata declines since today is team day and he knows how strong Za Queen is :P

can't believed Nishida lost AGAIN!?!?!?!

even Hokuo didn't made it to the finals :P

flashback for Megemu!!!

she lost one of her ace cards to Chihaya!!

Pizusawa!!!

Chihaya and Megemu are very tired now :|

go Chihaya!!!!!!!!!

noooooo Chihaya lost her ace card!!!! T___T

the title to face Za Queen!!!!

NOOOOOO Chihaya lost, this is her 2nd time since the hokuo defeat where she had to give up that win :(

but don't lose out yet!!!

Desk-kun is still there!!!

Desk Kun wins!!!

take that Akashi girls!!!

stop beating yourself up Chihaya!!

Taichi is here for you ;)

so that's why she lost? because of her finger nails??

wow Kana chan is sooo tired she can't play anymore in the next game :(

come on Tsukaba you can do this!!!!!!!

next episode Mizusawa vs Fujisaka!!!

come on Mizusawa take this now!!!

please please please Chihaya avenge your win!!!!!!!!
Apr 16, 2013 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
I like how she said Pizusawa.
That was an amazing win on Komano's side. Not just going for his own card and hoping it's his but actually thinking what card to go to.
Apr 17, 2013 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
what... she lost her chihaya card? impossibru.
Apr 18, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2012
So This is actually my first post about Chihaya Furu. I went and randomly browsed some anime for slice of life kinda shows. Then this caught me by surprised. I did a Marathon of it till to this episode so far. I got hooked and i don't know why! Its such a great anime. I was thinking about how they keep saying a team, a team. What if Shinobu, Arata, and Current master of Karuta and two other misc characters, join to defeat Team Mizusawa! ok Im just dreaming now ha ha.
Apr 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2012
glasses boy win.. time for final
cant wait for individual matches

Apr 18, 2013 8:03 PM

Feb 2008
So.

How will Tachi even make it to the solo matches after this day?

He's gonna fuck up and you all know it.
Apr 18, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Xelzy said:
So.

How will Tachi even make it to the solo matches after this day?

He's gonna fuck up and you all know it.
Taichi winning would even out Chihaya's loss this episode but you never know with this show. It seriously enjoys toying with your feelings and tearing down your expectations :/
Apr 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Jul 2009
A cute Chiyaha x Taichi moment in the end <3
Komano was awesome in this ep ^^
I am looking forward to the see the next match :)
Apr 19, 2013 3:39 PM
Jan 2012
I can't believe Chihaya lost her match! Megumu got kind of annoying...
I'm so glad they won the team match though! Kudos to Desktomu-kun for bringing in the win!

Hopefully they can win the next match too, winning the tournament!
Apr 20, 2013 5:25 AM
Nov 2011
I saw Chihiya losing this one, she just got behind too early IMO for her style to pay of.

I also saw Porky losing because he was too hung up on facing a girl. Oesan getting the first win was a surprise for me, but, when that happened, I had a good idea how this would end.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 20, 2013 3:59 PM
Jan 2013
GREAT EPISODE!!!
Aki no, Haru su, Ashi, Tago, Oku, Kasa, Ama no.......D:
Apr 28, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Ncrdrg said:
rishardew said:
Chihaya's been losing all the "important" matches this season, she better win in the finals.

This episode was really tense, but now we have the finals!

That was the only important match she lost. The loss in the prefectural finals wasn't important, she was using it as practice for her new swing technique, ready to take the risk of losing the game to improve it.

And... that's pretty much the only other loss in this season. And I doubt she's going to be losing in either the team finals or anytime before the semifinals of the individual tournament unless she runs into Arata, Shinobu or Megumu before. Because these are pretty much the only 3 opponents strong enough to take her down now.

After losing to Megumu now i doubt the author will make her lose to her in the individual tournament also. So only Arata ans Shinobu count.
May 9, 2013 9:31 AM

Mar 2013
Putting aside the fact that I wanted to shoot Megumu's fanboys in the head by about halfway through the episode, it was still very enjoyable to watch the original Mizusawa team pull through what is perhaps their closest team match yet. I'm now lamenting the fact that I only have three episodes left (and I know one is just a recap) until I have to wait each week for an episode like everyone else. Impossibru! D:
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

May 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
Chihaya loses too much.
Good episode though.
I predicted a 5% chance of a kiss scene in the first seson.
This season I'm moving it down to a 2% chance, this anime is bad for any kind of romantic development.
May 31, 2013 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
The episodes just seem to fly by so quickly when I'm watching.
May 31, 2013 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
nerodevil said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Queen!

The match was pretty tense still imo. Pretty good match even though it was dragged out a little. I still enjoyed it even with the little emotions added in towards the end there.

Lol how can you not know, don't tell me you don't know how to play karuta, still? Megumu won her match with Chihaya but Chihaya's team won the team match.

Tears of happiness and sadness shed. Happy for Desk-kun, he was awesome there, and I think he has rise to become one of my favorite characters along with Shinobu, Arata, and Sudo :) Sad for the all girls school team, so close.. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 22, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
Extremely touching episode!

Data baby data~
Jul 3, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2012
Awesome! They actually won the match!!! Really great episode though so lets see what the final match has to offer!
Jul 11, 2013 11:10 PM

Apr 2012
This was a SUPER intense episode.
I'm pretty content with the outcome, even though Chihaya lost. It was still good expereince for her to play against Megumu!
And hooray for Desktomu! Surprised and pleased with how his luck was in his favor, due to a superstition.
The final playoff will definitely be intense, with the new freshman boy filling in for Oe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
Alright, Tsukuba will play the next match. YOSH
Aug 12, 2013 7:43 AM
Feb 2011
Get your shit together, Porky-kun!
Sep 17, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2013
This was probably the most intense episode so far. I was getting really into it!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 30, 2013 3:15 PM
Aug 2011
Fuck, I loved it when Taichi opened Chihaya's fist. She really needs to relax.

Great episode and Desktomu-kun is a bro.
May 22, 2014 9:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Megumu just had to win, smh.
Chihaya gave it her best, yet she jobs to Megumu. I feel like Chihaya is being made to lose in the big games while her friends step up to win their matches.

Kana-chan at the end.

Jun 1, 2014 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Beautiful introspection had on the secondary characters, which I thought were just a side dish, as Megumu.
Plot that puts more focus on the facts, compared to the previous season, as well as on Komano and Oe.
Exciting challenge, it was so tense atmosphere that reigned during the narrative to keep me anxious. Too bad that we have not seen much of the meeting Kanade and the other members of Mizusawa.
At the end of more than a clash between the teams was a clash between the players, which in the end despite winning or losing, the two leaders Megumu and Chihaya were dissatisfied anyway.
Shinobu is irritated by the behavior of Arata, what to try? She is jealous of the relationship between Arata and his childhood friends or more? I'm curious.
However Arata and Shinobu are fun.
Drawings and animations good.
The next will be a big challenge! : D
Aug 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
Goodness that was epic!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
That was a lonngg match! So much tension lol.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Feb 10, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
I was sure Tsukue-kun would faul in the last card but somehow he managed. Finally he could feel useful. That gambling.
Shinobu was <3 as always.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.