Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Will there be a season 3?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 19, 2016 5:52 AM
Dec 2015
Just finished Season 2.. that's not an end at all imo.. i mean, i've been waiting for Kodaka to finally go with Sena all the time and then, after she confesses, his answer isn't even shown :( Would appreciate any information 'bout a release date, too.(or if it has been canceled :( )
Jan 24, 2016 2:18 AM

Sep 2015
Given the time since season 2 has ended and the time to write the novels, publish, and create the anime, we just may see 3 during the 2016 fall season or early winter 2017.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 4:10 AM
Sep 2014
News (Presumably the new season may be released not before 2016, because the first two were based on 8 light novels. To create the following four might take up to two years.)
Jan 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2013
LazyTitan_ said:
Given the time since season 2 has ended and the time to write the novels, publish, and create the anime, we just may see 3 during the 2016 fall season or early winter 2017.
I mean if they hadn't ended the light novels months ago I could see it maybe. But seeing they did end the Light novels I'ma say don't hold your breath if you are lucky they may be kind and release some OVA's when the Manga wraps up.
Feb 1, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2015
Guess I got no choice but to go binge the manga huh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 1:55 AM
Dec 2013
recently decided to rewatch this, i hope a 3rd season comes out in the future, i know its been a while but its rare to have a good harem where the main character is actually aware of the other people's feelings. Would be awesome to have a full light novel adaptation.
Feb 14, 2016 3:15 AM

Jan 2012
I very highly doubt it, though I would love to see it and maybe get some closure.
Apr 15, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2010
Well its April 15, 2016 and no season 3 yet. So, if I had to guess, the answer is no, there will not be a season 3 or OVA to wrap it up. I'm guessing the writer moved on to other projects, wrote himself into a corner or the series didn't make as much money as the company wanted, so they ended it. A shame, because this was a really cute series. I really wanted to see Kodoka learn to overcome his fears and decide on one of the girls to fall in love with. Even an ending where he tells them he just wants to be friends, or picks all of them harem style would have been fine, but to to see it end like it did was very disappointing. There was no closure. Rika fighting Kodoka to help him realize that not choosing is a choice in itself and it has consequences, was very enjoyable. I greatly respected Sena for her courage to confess her feelings to Kodoka as well, & Kobato has got to be the most kawaii little sister in any anime---all these characters deserved a season 3 to wrap it up. Even Yukimura got some good lines in, stating that even if the Neighbors club ended, she would follow Kodoka always just because, was pretty cool! If anyone knows of season 3 material that was put out in manga or light novel form, please let me know!
Jun 23, 2016 12:59 AM

Sep 2013
Okay, I'm not gonna spoil anything...just saying the way the author ended the story, there's no way in HELL the studio will touch this again unless they alternate the story....

I'll leave the ending here in spoiler tags:

RogierJul 11, 2016 12:06 AM
~Stay there for me, trapped in memories~
Jun 23, 2016 4:10 AM

Feb 2015
@Rogier

Could you tell me how he ended it roughyl? Feel free to post it as a spoiler or simply send me a personal message.

Thanks!
Jun 23, 2016 4:43 AM

Sep 2013
Warghost said:
@Rogier

Could you tell me how he ended it roughyl? Feel free to post it as a spoiler or simply send me a personal message.

Thanks!

I'll send you a message :P
Jun 23, 2016 10:54 PM

Apr 2011
Rogier said:
Warghost said:
@Rogier

Thanks!

Can you also send it to me; Short synopsis of last chapter.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Jun 23, 2016 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
Ganbat said:
Rogier said:

Can you also send it to me; Short synopsis of last chapter.

Sure thing, I'll send it right away
Jun 23, 2016 11:38 PM

Jan 2014
Rogier said:
Warghost said:
@Rogier

Thanks!

Could you also tell me how it ended, I'm really curious :o
Jun 23, 2016 11:39 PM

Sep 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Rogier said:

I'll send you a PM :)
Jun 23, 2016 11:42 PM

Apr 2011
Thank you xD
Forgot all names even tho watched 3 times both seasons. Also thanks for the link.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Jun 23, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2014
Thanks bro

But after reading that...yeaaaaaaaaaa they are definitely not gonna do a season 3

Jun 24, 2016 3:53 PM
Jun 2013
Rogier said:
DoctorWasabi said:

I'll send you a PM :)

Can you send it to me aswell? :P
Jul 2, 2016 1:07 AM
Jun 2016
Rogier said:
Okay, I'm not gonna spoil anything...just saying the way the author ended the story, there's no way in HELL the studio will touch this again unless they alternate the story....

Yo, could you please pm me too??
Jul 2, 2016 1:19 AM

Jun 2015
KarimFares said:
Rogier said:

Yo, could you please pm me too??

I could pm you now if you want to since who you quoted doesn't seem to be online atm.
Jul 6, 2016 12:35 PM
Aug 2015
Rogier said:

Could you please pm me too??
Jul 8, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
I'm also very interested in the ending, so if you could pm me as well ^^ thanks !
Jul 9, 2016 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
Rogier said:

Hey can you PM me the ending? thanks :)
Jul 11, 2016 12:06 AM

Sep 2013
mick5000x said:
Rogier said:

Yeah no problem.

I'll also leave the ending in spoiler tags here:

Jul 11, 2016 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
Rogier said:

OMG... Now I know what you meant... Well thanks a lot for summing it up for us. Fortunately thanks to you I got the chance to dodge the painful experience of reading such a crappy ending XD
Aug 24, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
After reading some of Volume 9, I'd be fine with this one being left alone.
Sep 12, 2016 7:43 AM
Sep 2016
i hope there really is a seasong 3.. this anime is so amazing.. and even manga continuation i re watch it again and i do really want a season 3 cause it's not complete yet.. many questions
Sep 12, 2016 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
lot of time has passed...don't know whether they will make a season 3 or not
Sep 27, 2016 8:57 PM
Aug 2016
so, kodaka won't pick anyone? but roughly Sena won the battle?

On the ending of season 2, I thought that Rika will win the battle, honestly.

but its ok anyway, Rika and Sena are my favourites..
Nov 2, 2016 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
All you people... "There's not going to be a season 3 because the ending of the light novels didn't go how I wanted it to!" Things happen. It's high school. It does sound like it would be more drama than worth bothering with, but guess what? That's often how real life is. I remember having a similar high school experience. Honestly that ending is downright refreshing in a genre filled with the protagonist making the most predictable choice and sticking with it. If they did it right, it could end up being the best anime of its season, though you'd still get the whiners and haters who didn't like the non-happylovelove ending.

Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 29, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2016
Rogier said:
mick5000x said:

Yeah no problem.

I'll also leave the ending in spoiler tags here:

what is that for an bullshit, i thought he date sena .-.
i hope if a 3rd season comes then they make it different like the light novel
Nov 29, 2016 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Lmao the LNs were written by the same author as Oreimo right? That probably explains the author's lack of talent in making a good ending.
Jan 4, 2017 2:49 PM

Mar 2015
Okay... I don't know if that guy above had the right spoilers for the ending, because that sounds fucking anticlimatic and suck. Probably because the author wanted to end it fast as shown from how the pacing of the release taking more and more time (like how volume 10 to finale took more than one year. For an LN that publishes its first 4-5 volumes in a year, that is definitely something).

Since the LN ended back in 2015, there's still hope for season 3 right? Hopefully so, but the problem is that anime don't usually get a third season and they're usually used to boost LN sales. It's been a year since I watched this anime and I missed it.

Jan 4, 2017 2:54 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DarklordVor said:
Okay... I don't know if that guy above had the right spoilers for the ending, because that sounds fucking anticlimatic and suck.

Mmm...well....I don't want to admit it, but...

It's still my favorite series and I still hold out hope for an S3 and whatnot, but...the ending to the LNs is just...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's awful

There are some good defenses of it out there actually, but they're just not enough to make me budge from how awful the ending was, as much as I want to.

Also! The manga adaptation is still being released, it's up to volume 14 + the club minutes side story volume. Volume 14 was just released last month. Might check that out, I only really recently got around to buying them and I think I like it more than I liked the anime itself.

Lotsa scan sites only seem to go up to volume 7, though, which is where the first season ends. I use scan sites to chop reaction images out sometimes, like the avatar on my profile, but I own allllllll of them and they're great <3 Nothing surprising or too different from the anime, but it has just a few little touches that I feel make it funnier, such as Kodaka's inner monologue.
ManabanJan 4, 2017 3:04 PM

Jan 6, 2017 5:47 AM
Jun 2015
Its already been 3 half years and still no news
Jan 21, 2017 12:36 PM
Dec 2014
Decided to rewatch this and yeh the ending of the LN bummed me though I dont know what his reasonings were like giving in to pressure to date a certain girl. Though I'm content in knowing that in the end Sena's the victor as she was best girl imo.
Jan 21, 2017 12:59 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Honestly, I feel like an S3 won't happen, albeit that's just a gut feeling. If it does I'll jump through the moon with joy, but it's been cold for a while and there's been absolutely nothing on an S3 or anything to even indicate a remote chance of it. Plus...the ending. Dunno how much I'd be looking forward to it. Would still watch it, but...

I might be wrong here, but the anime made it to volume 8 of the LNs, and the LNs have 11 volumes total. There should be enough to work with, but it's been a good while now so I dunno. Yomi Hirasaka has another LN series likely to get an adaptation already being published, too, so meh.

It should be obvious at this point, but I don't think we should get our hopes up for an S3 ever happening. Been a long time - it's been about 4 years since Next started airing and we've had nothing about anything regarding a season 3 - and the author of the LNs is already on another project. Of course, there's also the fact that the LNs just wrapped up in 2015, so it's all there to work with now and there's a shot because it took a long ass time for the LNs to get put out between volumes afaik. The manga adaptation is still being published, too, with amazon.de listing a 5. December 2017 release date for an English translation which is my birthday so yay and I don't know a Japanese release date. So that's still a thing as well. There's a chance - it's not an impossibility, but it does kind of feel like an improbability to me.
ManabanJan 21, 2017 1:07 PM

Mar 4, 2017 3:19 PM
Mar 2017
3 seasson amazing
Mar 8, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2017
i want a season 3 it would be great
Mar 14, 2017 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
kikyo1hinamora said:
i want a season 3 it would be great

It would be very fking great! Oh shit I want it badly
When they skip 2 year in 2 minutes, or make 2 minutes 2 episodes long
Mar 19, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
This is literally one of the only anime that I want to get a new season of. It's been so loooong...

↑ Click on the Kitty ↑
NYA!
Mar 26, 2017 12:02 PM
Dec 2016
Seriously did u guys even watch the anime ending.....how can the author leave the story at a cliff hanger...u dumb if u think that the story ends with kodaka having friends....
Mar 29, 2017 2:43 AM
Feb 2017
kachikime said:
Seriously did u guys even watch the anime ending.....how can the author leave the story at a cliff hanger...u dumb if u think that the story ends with kodaka having friends....

If you dont want to read the spoiler dont do it i tell you why the ending is not like in the LN

Apr 14, 2017 11:26 PM
Oct 2016
If you're going to start a project fucking finish it!
Apr 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
It's 2017 now and has there even been a hint as to a season 3 yet? :/
Apr 25, 2017 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
CheekyPenguin said:
Lmao the LNs were written by the same author as Oreimo right? That probably explains the author's lack of talent in making a good ending.

I'm pretty sure it's not the same author.

Checked: Nope, not the same author. I checked OreImo's author's profile and it had nothing regarding around Haganai.

Haganai's author is this: https://myanimelist.net/people/11054/Hirasaka_Yomi

And there's an anime announced (assuming from the announcements and all) for this: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35413/Imouto_sae_Ireba_Ii

Technically following the same step from both authors since their first works getting adapted (I might be wrong on this) were fucked up but so far for their second adapted ones wouldn't go the same way (probably)
Jun 5, 2017 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, after reading that spoiler detailing how the LN ended...

No thank you. They can keep season 3. It would be awful unless they changed it all. That ending sounds absolutely TERRIBLE.

Oh well, this was one of the very few anime I could actually stand, and it just burns up into the ether like this before a third season. Really disappointing. Meanwhile crap like DXD get a million seasons forever and ever.
Jun 8, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
ended up here after rewatching season 2 for something to do, read the spoilers.
season 3 sounds like it would be terrible. disappointing ending really...
Jul 20, 2017 4:58 AM

Jan 2017
a season 3 have to happen
the ending of the LN was shit but that doesen't mean that the anime ending have to be to the anime can have an original ending
and season 2 sales were good i guess 7200-7500 it could've also do better without the delay
we should do a crowd funding to make a season 3 it works with nekopara visual novel
Oct 6, 2017 8:01 PM

Feb 2017
It better not happen if ended with such a bullshit ending.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.